PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood: Miracle Day

Grognaurd
Sep 14th, 2013, 04:29 PM
In this Doctor Who spin off, Earth has a problem that is the opposite of WA. Instead of nearly everyone getting killed, people stop dying. At its heart a conspiracy of families. Although I think this is coincidental, I still give it two thumbs up. Good scifi and Jack Harkness is my favorite Dr Who character

Cabbage Patch
Sep 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Great recommendation! They're going to re-run the series on BBC America later this month.

Wicked Sid
Sep 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
From information (read: a Tweet from John Barrowman) that I've seen, it's going to start in like an hour, on BBC america.

Grognaurd
Sep 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Yea, Sid is right. BBC America 9:00 Eastern. I ment to flag it with a watch it now! Looks like a rerun at midnight.

Alizée
Sep 14th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Doesn't Jack Harkness have some sort of WWII backstory? It's been forever since I've seen it. All I really remember is Harkness putting the moves of sexy on everybody.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Doesn't Jack Harkness have some sort of WWII backstory? It's been forever since I've seen it. All I really remember is Harkness putting the moves of sexy on everybody.

Jack is certainly an equal opportunity "moves of sexy" kind of guy, if you know what I mean.

The Jack Harkness character was introduced in Doctor Who, where he was a timr traveller that met the Doctor and Rose in WWII London. He also lived through the war, but the story is contradictory. In one episode of Torchwood he served as a Captain in the RAF during the war (where he got the title and the jacket), in another episode he was already with Torchwood at the time.

Grognaurd
Sep 15th, 2013, 03:09 AM
He has not met himself, ( to the best of my knowledge ) but he does seem to be able to transit through the same regions of time more than once. Not a huge Dr. Who fan, but I think that is a restriction on the time lords. Harkness is fixed point in time and space in and of himself I think that it was the doctor said.

I always thought of it as a practical example of the Buckaroo Banzi saying

No mater where he goes, there he is, but of course he has the benefit of when tossed in.