PDA

View Full Version : Wnd #57

nikvoodoo
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM
End of a chapter....you must have thoughts! So you know th drill: share thoughts here, we'll forget your name but share it on air.

The Circle of Life.....it moves us all.

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:31 PM
I think I'm the only person that sees an Empire Strikes Back moment in the future for Riley. The moment she discovers her beloved Angel is the long-lost cousin of her mortal enemy. I can almost hear the John Williams score rising over her cries of "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo"

Edit*

First.

turbo
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:33 PM
It was a deep chapter. A lot to take in. CJ may have just gone to far, and from the sounds of it, if Saul and Victor do have to live in Dunbar, it's damn strong! Take the core group with them, and they'll fortify it even more...what if Scratch is holding up in Dunbar since she knows everyone is at the colony(assuming she knows where the tower is)

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
It was a deep chapter. A lot to take in. CJ may have just gone to far, and from the sounds of it, if Saul and Victor do have to live in Dunbar, it's damn strong! Take the core group with them, and they'll fortify it even more...what if Scratch is holding up in Dunbar since she knows everyone is at the colony(assuming she knows where the tower is)

I don't recall hearing Mikey give an answer. I can't see him standing by and letting CJ kick Saul and Victor out of the colony. Fuck that. She's gone cray.

turbo
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I don't recall hearing Mikey give an answer. I can't see him standing by and letting CJ kick Saul and Victor out of the colony. Fuck that. She's gone cray.
He didn't. The whole next chapter is going to be intense. If he works with CJ, he may be able to talk her into letting them stay. They are strong, smart, and good to have around.

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
He didn't. The whole next chapter is going to be intense. If he works with CJ, he may be able to talk her into letting them stay. They are strong, smart, and good to have around.

True. But the more I think about it, the more I think Mikey would just up and pull his people out. Go to Dunbar and hatch their plan for vengeance. At least, I hope he would.

turbo
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM
True. But the more I think about it, the more I think Mikey would just up and pull his people out. Go to Dunbar and hatch their plan for vengeance. At least, I hope he would.

I could see that happening, mainly because he want's to move forward and attack, and he will see staying at the colony as settling maybe?

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I could see that happening, mainly because he want's to move forward and attack, and he will see staying at the colony as settling maybe?

He's the type to settle though. I mean . . . Pegs.

What?

Come on. We're all thinking it. She's fucking crazy. Back me up, Nurse Britt. Michael needs a woman that isn't wishy-washy. A woman like Nurse Britt.

Nurse Britt.

turbo
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Haha, I'll second that.

Although, could you see him growing an attraction to CJ?

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Haha, I'll second that.

Although, could you see him growing an attraction to CJ?

Stumpy? Nah. He's into chicks with two legs. Like Nurse Britt.

That said, I'd totally go for CJ.

turbo
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Stumpy? Nah. He's into chicks with two legs. Like Nurse Britt.

That said, I'd totally go for CJ.

Then maybe Nurse Britt escaped the nuke, and made it to Dunbar? Awaiting Michael?

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Then maybe Nurse Britt escaped the nuke, and made it to Dunbar? Awaiting Michael?

Sans panties.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaughty

nikvoodoo
Sep 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM
He's the type to settle though. I mean . . . Pegs.

What?

Come on. We're all thinking it. She's fucking crazy. Back me up, Nurse Britt. Michael needs a woman that isn't wishy-washy. A woman like Nurse Britt.

Nurse Britt.

Really puttin' that nurse Britt theory to the test, eh?

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Really puttin' that nurse Britt theory to the test, eh?

I have no idea what you mean by that? I was just bringing up a theory about Nurse Britt. That's all.

nikvoodoo
Sep 9th, 2013, 08:04 PM
I have no idea what you mean by that? I was just bringing up a theory about Nurse Britt. That's all.

Just joking about the best way to catch britt's attention is to mention nurse britt.

Oh so bonus question for wnd #57: what is the worst lie you've told to a close friend?

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Just joking about the best way to catch britt's attention is to mention nurse britt.

Oh so bonus question for wnd #57: what is the worst lie you've told to a close friend?

I mean, answering that would incriminate me. I think my favourite lie was "I will absolutely not date your sister, bro. Not never."

Also, I'm pretty sure that she just searches the keyword "Britt" and goes from there.

turbo
Sep 9th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I mean, answering that would incriminate me. I think my favourite lie was "I will absolutely not date your sister, bro. Not never."

Also, I'm pretty sure that she just searches the keyword "Britt" and goes from there.

Searches the site or google?

Osiris
Sep 9th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Searches the site or google?

I don't know. Britt doesn't strike me as the type to google herself.

REZombie
Sep 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
after listening again, I have a feeling the its not gonna be as big of an issue as we might be thinking... I think Michael will work out a deal once he finds out about Saul and victor.she runs the colony and he runs the combat side working out of Dunbar. that's the only reason she would need him is for the military side of things.

as far Burt and Riley, I see them going at it alone, and sadly I don't see them both coming back from the attack on Scratch.. I have a feeling we might lose Burt in the fight...and possibly a captured Riley... I don't see Scratch going down by the duo...she has too much vested in the overall series and connections to too many other characters. I see Scratch going down in a battle. with several original. characters, not just two..I also see her getting at least one, if not two more character kills in....

and just for shits and giggles, what if scratch gets captured by TOWTM and becomes zombifide super scratch? would be a match made in hell, both evil and both with unique. facial. features..

pmchawk
Sep 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
CJ is emotionally compromised. Even though I agree with ReZombie that it would be good for Saul and Victor be part of a military operation based out of Dunbar as part of a compromise Mikey could make I just don't see how she is emotionally willing to listen to reason regarding them. Plus how are they suppose to leave without telling anyone why?

Lizzy and Tanya won't be willing to stay if Saul is kicked out unless he somehow convinces them that it is only temporary. Which makes me think that if they are booted, Victor, Saul, Burt and Riley go hunting for Scratch. If Scratch and the mallers are dead she might get them back in. Or more likely, Saul needing serious medical attention after fighting scratch.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Nurse Britt is hiding out at the Live Fire TOC on Goat Mountain, way off on the north side of the Fort Irwin reservation. It has air-conditioned buildings, generators, and it's kept stocked with fuel and water. I seem to remember leaving a stockpile of frozen Buffalo Wings when I was last there, along with a supply of bourbon. That was more than 20 years ago, but I'm guessing they're still there and still good. All she has to do is wait for dark and fire up the enormous "Bat Signal", which Michael is sure to see from LA.

If the gang splits up I hope that Kelly stays at the Colony as Michael's agent. If anyone is going to be able to counter the lies that were told about Michael from their first visit it will be Kelly...she was a witness to what happened, she's shown that she can be persuasive, and she probably still has connections among the laundry crew (always the biggest gossips in my experience). She'd be perfectly positioned to get Michael's side of the story out, and maybe sow some doubts about the new regime.

Nothing we've heard about Dunbar Apartments makes me think it would be a suitable base for the helicopter. Unless there's a landing space on the roof there would be no way to protect it from inside the Tower. And once it flies there you can say goodbye to any chance of keeping the location of Dunbar a secret. Though I guess it's only really a secret from Scratch now.

We do know of one place that's ideal for landing a chopper on, the helipad on the roof of Cain General Hospital. I'll bet there's also a helipad on the roof of Radon Labs; if only we knew where to find a dead Smart One with a Level 3 Radon Labs Security Pass clipped to its belt!

Malador
Sep 10th, 2013, 03:15 AM
If Michael finds out about it, I don't think Saul will let him act it until the baby is born. Saul will ask Michael to play along so that his family can remain in the relative safety of the colony while they secure Dunbar.

Alizée
Sep 10th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Ever since Grognaurd (forgive me if I butchered that spelling please) mentioned Michael's PTSD, I've been noticing little things.
For example in this episode - nicknames.
Saul is finally at that comfortable point with Victor that he can call him Vic (as he did in this episode) and Victor reponds normally.
But Victor tried to speak casually to Michael by calling him Mike or Mikey (listened three times, couldn't hear which one) and Michael is quick to snap, "Don't call me that." As an added note, Michael doesn't even let Saul nickname him.

Edit: Also loving the jab about forgetting your name but quoting you anyway, Nik. :cool:

Storm
Sep 10th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Saul, Vic, Mikey, Tanya, Hope... Screw that, all from Fort Irwin goes to Dunbar.
Colony falls since Ink and his amigos will attack right when the chopper flies towards LA. It's going to be Irwin V2.0.

I'm just waiting for Skittles to return. The crazy folks are aaalwaaayyys important! He'll probably turn out to be Hope's father, and him and Datu will spend the rest of the season arguing who of them shall play the mother's role... (I promise you, that's what's gonna happen!)

scbubba
Sep 10th, 2013, 03:56 AM
I wrote up a pretty lengthy set of thoughts on 37-3 over in the episode thread: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4765-Chapter-37-3-Balance-of-Power/page8

Key points
I see a key split happening in the immediate future:
To Dunbar: Saul, Victor, Michael, Puck, Carl, Muldoon, and Robbins
Stay in the Colony: CJ, Pegs, Kelly, Glenn and Colony crew, Burt and Riley

To be determined (either Dunbar or Colony)
Tanya, Datu, and Hope - Tanya wil be torn between Saul/Baby and the patients of the Colony (including CJ). Datu will want to go with Michael but will not want Hope to go into danger - Datu will not leave Hope.
The helicopter - no good way to take it back up into LA but no desire to leave it in the Colony. May go, like someone else put it earlier, to LAX. But that may mean leaving it unattended for long stretches of time.

Burt and Riley will stay at the Colony for now since Pegs is there. Burt knows full well that Scratch wants Pegs. So Burt and Riley will hatch a plan to stick close to her and maybe even find a way to use her as bait. I don't think that Burt is ready to make a berserker rush out into zombieland to chase down Scratch without having a clue where she is. Wait for her to come to them....

In the discussion about who goes where and who goes with whom, the real wildcard is TOWTM. If he sets up an attack on the Colony any time soon, then most of the planning and posturing will go away (at least for a while). An attack on the Colony before Saul's week is up changes a lot of stuff...

After a couple of listens to 37-3, and going back into 37-2 as well, I just want to say that Kc is doing a great job of putting us on a roller coaster with the main characters. There is so much to love about the characters that when something comes up that is "bad" with them, I feel real emotions. I wanted to slap CJ in the face after 37-3 and knock some sense into her head. In the same way that I wanted to kick Michael in the butt in earlier episodes when he made his bonehead moves....

Saul and Lizzie are about the only ones that I feel like haven't has a "dark side" really in the show. I almost felt like he was going to when arranging the prisoner swap in Season 2, but it was all out of love for Lizzie...

In the end, I think it may play an important role in the overall story that Saul and Lizzie are the "cleanest" characters in WA.... (I just don't know how yet)

Alizée
Sep 10th, 2013, 04:02 AM
I have a funky theory about Lizzie.
I know her friends are the residents. However, she got very close to Bricks and even (albeit in a manipulative therapist kind of way) was able to get personal with Scratch.
Will this affect her loyalties to the residents of the Tower? Will it make her less eager to leave the Colony to hunt down Scratch?
Just a couple thoughts.

LiamKerrington
Sep 10th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I don't think Michael has so much influence to have much saying in what is going on in The Colony as of now.
1) CJ made up her mind about Saul and Victor; and she won't change it.
2) If Michael wants to move to Dunbar, the soldiers won't follow him as easily, 'cause probably they stick with the idea that the civilians need protection; also I don't think that Dunbar offers a proper landing site for the helicopter. Also the soldiers have nothing or only little to do with Saul and Victor; so they are not as heavily attached to them as Michael is.
A reasonable thing they could or would do is that they establish a military base at Dunbar in order to perform military operations/ missions from that place. But would CJ play along - especially as she and her minions will do anything to keep as much guns/ weapons/ ammo at the Colony as possible?

Michael cannot challenge CJ openly; he has nearly no support from the colonists. And his (former) friends seem to be on or become loose.

I don't like the situation Michael is in. Now he is even more with his back to the wall than any time before #37 ... And he needs to make sacrifices - a lot of them.

Best wishes!
Liam

EpiEpee
Sep 10th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Thoughts being pulled over from the episode thread-

I think there is an interesting parallel going on between CJ and Riley right now. Both have lost loves (romantic or otherwise) in their life. But, CJ is handling it by pushing people away, and not really choosing to go after the main source of the problem, the zombies. Riley's response is more productive in my opinion, and I'm excited to see how her and Burt's storyline plays out. The ending scene is one of my absolute favorites of the series so far.

Assuming Riley and Burt do hunt down Scratch, I could see Pegs being used as a decoy to lure Scratch out into the open, but not actually participating further in any violence that may ensue. I'm throwing my hat fully in the Burt/Riley camp for the actual death-and I think they will do it together. Pretty much the same thing SCBubba said, but I think Pegs could be convinced to be the decoy willingly.

Finally, really CJ, really?! Tanya saved her life, regardless of her perception of how she wound up in that situation. I understand there is a lot psychologically that goes into losing a limb, but her behavior is unacceptable. I can't find it now, but whoever said that this is really more about the fallout from Saul turning her down than it is the lie, I completely agree. Also, I think if she doesn't sit herself down to recover, we may be seeing some nasty complications in this recovery-that wound could still get infected badly, and it sounds like Tanya's at the edge of her supplies and know-how. And that's if she's even around the colony to help CJ.

DogFromDuckhunt
Sep 10th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I have a funky theory about Lizzie.
I know her friends are the residents. However, she got very close to Bricks and even (albeit in a manipulative therapist kind of way) was able to get personal with Scratch.
Will this affect her loyalties to the residents of the Tower? Will it make her less eager to leave the Colony to hunt down Scratch?
Just a couple thoughts.

It didn't stop her from trying to get Scratch killed when she had Bricks show Durai the tape, and that was while Scratch was the only thing between her and potentially, a good bit of rape. Don't see why she'd have a change of heart now.

pmchawk
Sep 10th, 2013, 07:04 AM
, I think if she doesn't sit herself down to recover, we may be seeing some nasty complications in this recovery-that wound could still get infected badly, and it sounds like Tanya's at the edge of her supplies and know-how. And that's if she's even around the colony to help CJ.

Perhaps that is why Tanya was wanting to look up staff infection. CJ was having a little bit of a cough.

clem131
Sep 10th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Scbubba: the no-brainer for me is this: if Saul and Vic leave, it will be with Lizzie and Tanya: Saul just went through hell to save Lizzie; Victor went along to help his friend (as opposed to CJ who doesn't care about anyone else and was in only for the revenge); Lizzie was not letting go of Saul's arm after reuniting with him, even with CJ dying and Burt half dead; and Tanya, well, is Saul's mother and about to become a grandma, I doubt she would even consider her duty to stay to help the Colons out. The idea of them splitting doesn't make sense at all. If Saul goes, Lizzie and Tanya are automatically out. I see your points, but I just think the ties between these characters are too strong to break, and any reason for them to split sounds like a pretext to me.

scbubba
Sep 10th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Scbubba: the no-brainer for me is this: if Saul and Vic leave, it will be with Lizzie and Tanya: Saul just went through hell to save Lizzie; Victor went along to help his friend (as opposed to CJ who doesn't care about anyone else and was in only for the revenge); Lizzie was not letting go of Saul's arm after reuniting with him, even with CJ dying and Burt half dead; and Tanya, well, is Saul's mother and about to become a grandma, I doubt she would even consider her duty to stay to help the Colons out. The idea of them splitting doesn't make sense at all. If Saul goes, Lizzie and Tanya are automatically out. I see your points, but I just think the ties between these characters are too strong to break, and any reason for them to split sounds like a pretext to me.

Yeah, I agree on Lizzie's feelings. I was called out for not including her over in the 37-3 Episode thread too. My intent was to put her with Saul going to Dunbar.

That's what puts the pressure on Tanya. In the end, I think Lizzie and Tanya will both go with Saul. It will not be an ideal situation because the Colony at least has an infirmary and some medical supplies. But we've seen this crew work with little and less and make things happen....

So, add Lizzie to the Dunbar list and keep Tanya in the not sure but with a 75%+ probability of Dunbar...

All that being said, the discussions and emotions over the next couple of days (in WA world time, not real time) will be very interesting as we see how people come to their conclusions about which side they are on. The key being whether it is an "amicable" split between the crews where they plan to at least operate together or if it is a "cut all ties" kind of split.

And then the wildcard of zombie attack might change a lot of minds.....

EpiEpee
Sep 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Perhaps that is why Tanya was wanting to look up staff infection. CJ was having a little bit of a cough.

I got the impression she was looking for info on Staph infections for another patient, but it's possible. S. aureus can cause a respiratory infection (pneumonia), but I suspect if she was looking for info on Staph, it was much more likely to be due to a skin or wound infection on a patient-it's a fairly major player in sepsis and other nasty disease processes that can kill people in a healthcare setting.

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Im just going to copy and paste my post in the episode discussion thread

That's the one thing about Saul and Victor leaving and pretending like it's their own choice to protect CJ. It just wont make sense, especially to those closest to them. Why would Saul randomly decide to leave right before his first child is born? It's all going to come out and quickly, that's why CJ's butthurt attitude is going to doom the colony. Michael isn't the type to bend over and take anything. He'll give CJ and the Colony a big old "Fuck You". Its not like the Colonists even like him and they've made it clear they blame Michael for everything. It seems like CJ and the Colonists are a match made in Heaven. Selfish, ignorant, unable to see the big picture. The Colony will fall, not COULD fall but WILL fall.

And after it falls, the survivors will all run to Michael at Dunbar for protection and although Michael will obviously welcome them with open arms something deep inside me hopes he just tells them to "Screw Off"

Seriously you think Lizzy is going to be OK with this? Even if Saul tries to play it off as his own plan, it wont work. "Hey Lizzy Im glad I finally found you and got to see you for a week but Im going to leave now so bye! PS I hope the delivery of our first child goes well! PEACE! IM OUTSKI!" Even Michael wouldn't believe that story. CJ may be a good planner, but she is really stupid if she thinks everything will be fine and dandy. Michael will leave and Robbins and crew will follow him (why would they stay at the colony?). If Saul goes then Lizzy and Tanya goes. If Liz and Tanya go then Hope goes along with Datu. If Victor goes than Kelly goes (sprained ankle or not, they do have a helicopter). So Bye bye military assistance and bye bye Medical assistance. This is why I think CJ and Michael will come to terms as everyone is saying and make Dunbar the FOB, its either that or the Colony will be wiped out within a month.

clem131
Sep 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
In any case, after listening to all this idiotic humans hating each other for various reasons I think it's time to go back to the zombies and the whole "it's time we go to them" thing.
That, or a Lady-centric episode, I am not sure.

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM
In any case, after listening to all this idiotic humans hating each other for various reasons I think it's time to go back to the zombies and the whole "it's time we go to them" thing.
That, or a Lady-centric episode, I am not sure.

Mr. Whiskers and Lady need to go on an adventure

Grognaurd
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I do not think we will see a split. I am tired of the tinhorn DICKtator of the month club. I want the adults to stand up and rally humanity. Michael has a natural charisma that has been on display since chapter one. Each season he has gotten more comfortable and proven himself. Winning over a hostile crowd is his next test.

Driving from boulder to Ft Irwin is 1000 miles in our world, not a post Apocolyptic KC world. We had turners in the convoy when they got there, and i still think We will have turners in the colony.

clem131
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM

Nick, please start a petition and announce it on air on the podcast.

scbubba
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I do not think we will see a split. I am tired of the tinhorn DICKtator of the month club. I want the adults to stand up and rally humanity. Michael has a natural charisma that has been on display since chapter one. Each season he has gotten more comfortable and proven himself. Winning over a hostile crowd is his next test.

Driving from boulder to Ft Irwin is 1000 miles in our world, not a post Apocolyptic KC world. We had turners in the convoy when they got there, and i still think We will have turners in the colony.

I'm still of the mind that we will see a split, at least for some amount of time..... I agree with you about Michael's capabilities and I really want him to be the big hero guy we always love, but I'm not sure it's gonna play out like that right now.

As for turners, we know it can take a while sometimes. Like you mention, we had a pretty long time lapse from Boulder to Irwin. Not sure if those turning at Irwin were first infected at Boulder or if they got infected along the way (since there were continuously new little ones in and chasing the convoy). But Amy is our key here - we know that she had a couple of days (minimum) from injury to turning (whether it was regular Zed or Little One we don't know yet). That's proof enough that someone else in the Colony may have an unreported injury..... <cue ominous music>

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I think its a permanent split, CJ and Michael are both way to stubborn and neither will give way. Saul and Victor are gone and CJ made it clear that this is non-negotiable.

scbubba
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I think its a permanent split, CJ and Michael are both way to stubborn and neither will give way. Saul and Victor are gone and CJ made it clear that this is non-negotiable.

It's non-negotiable to CJ at the moment. She's pretty heated and emotional and thinks she has Michael (and by extension the military folks) and Tanya. Once everyone else starts getting out of Dodge (well, the Colony) and she sees what it costs her, CJ may well "soften" her position. This might happen almost immediately or it might take a zombie attack/scare to change her mind.

That is, of course, assuming CJ even survives. The banishment of Saul & Victor is purely her deal. No reason for the rest of the Colony folks to honor it if CJ isn't around.... <cough cough> <limp limp> <bleed bleed> <die die> :zombieglomp:

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM
It's non-negotiable to CJ at the moment. She's pretty heated and emotional and thinks she has Michael (and by extension the military folks) and Tanya. Once everyone else starts getting out of Dodge (well, the Colony) and she sees what it costs her, CJ may well "soften" her position. This might happen almost immediately or it might take a zombie attack/scare to change her mind.

That is, of course, assuming CJ even survives. The banishment of Saul & Victor is purely her deal. No reason for the rest of the Colony folks to honor it if CJ isn't around.... <cough cough> <limp limp> <bleed bleed> <die die> :zombieglomp:

At this point I'm almost worried than even if she loses Michael and crew, she still wont change Her position. She's way to emotionally unstable. Not to mention the Colony folks blame Mikey and Victor and their whole crew for all of the Colonies issues, which is ignorant and pointless but to them I guarantee CJ's word is law and even if CJ dies they will find another colonist to replace her. They have already excluded Mike and Friends from their voting process, it's obvious they don't consider them apart of their little colony. It will all come to bite them in the ass soon enough me thinks

HardKor
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:35 AM
The more I think about it, the more worried I am that Riley and Burt aren't going to come away from their hunt "un-Scratched." As much as I want to hear Riley get her hands on Scratch and "shove [Angel's ring] down her throat," I still can't imagine Scratch going down until there's a confrontation between her and Pegs. I'm really getting worried that Riley and Burt's hunt is going to end in disaster.
So someone please tell me I'm wrong here, because I really want to be wrong.

Hoff4D
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Gonna TRY to summarize my thoughts from 37-3 concisely.

CJ maintained that the conversation stay between them, and I think for the most part, it will. They will tell those who need-to-know: Michael, Tanya, Lizzy.

Saul, Victor, Riley, and Burt will all go to Dunbar. This will give Burt/Riley the chance to get out and hunt down ol' scarface. Saul will MAKE Lizzy/Tanya stay since it has the medical facilities. Michael will play the same card CJ is playing. CJ maintains control to the colony but behind closed doors is working with Michael. Michael will maintain his position under CJ, but behind closed doors maintain his contact at Dunbar. The 4 of them leaving to Dunbar will be sold to the rest of the crowd as "Recon" or the like. But in reality, Michael will be slowly stockpiling/plotting an offensive from Dunbar on his visits. Once the baby is born/safe, he will execute plan B, and evacuate all towerites/Iwinites to Dunbar....Which will conveniently be just before Ink attacks the colony. As Ink makes his move on the colony, the people who were moved to Dunbar will come up from behind (a la Lord of the Rings) and put Ink on a two-front battle in the grandiose conclusion to the series.

In between all this, Saul/Victor will be doing what Michael says in setting up the offensive, while Riley/Burt are hunting down Mallers, who now (having CJs Swat Van and it's content) have the maps to all the safe houses and are held up in one, and Riley/Burt gotta find which one...

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
The more I think about it, the more worried I am that Riley and Burt aren't going to come away from their hunt "un-Scratched." As much as I want to hear Riley get her hands on Scratch and "shove [Angel's ring] down her throat," I still can't imagine Scratch going down until there's a confrontation between her and Pegs. I'm really getting worried that Riley and Burt's hunt is going to end in disaster.
So someone please tell me I'm wrong here, because I really want to be wrong.

I think Pegs has become irrelevant at this point, there is far more hatred between Burt/Riley and Scratch. The Pegs deal seems to be way in the past, Im sure Scratch still holds a grudge against Her, but no one cares. This has now become Burt and Riley's fight to finish

Hoff4D
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Gonna TRY to summarize my thoughts from 37-3 concisely.

CJ maintained that the conversation stay between them, and I think for the most part, it will. They will tell those who need-to-know: Michael, Tanya, Lizzy.

Saul, Victor, Riley, and Burt will all go to Dunbar. This will give Burt/Riley the chance to get out and hunt down ol' scarface. Saul will MAKE Lizzy/Tanya stay since it has the medical facilities. Michael will play the same card CJ is playing. CJ maintains control to the colony but behind closed doors is working with Michael. Michael will maintain his position under CJ, but behind closed doors maintain his contact at Dunbar. The 4 of them leaving to Dunbar will be sold to the rest of the crowd as "Recon" or the like. But in reality, Michael will be slowly stockpiling/plotting an offensive from Dunbar on his visits. Once the baby is born/safe, he will execute plan B, and evacuate all towerites/Iwinites to Dunbar....Which will conveniently be just before Ink attacks the colony. As Ink makes his move on the colony, the people who were moved to Dunbar will come up from behind (a la Lord of the Rings) and put Ink on a two-front battle in the grandiose conclusion to the series.

In between all this, Saul/Victor will be doing what Michael says in setting up the offensive, while Riley/Burt are hunting down Mallers, who now (having CJs Swat Van and it's content) have the maps to all the safe houses and are held up in one, and Riley/Burt gotta find which one...

Oh, and since no one said it, but we're all thinking it, now that Riley has the ring, when she finally gets to scratch we will FINALLY get some closure on "The Family"...and I ain't talkin about no Robert De Niro movie....

Scratch goes on some soliloquy as she's about to be struck down about how Riley could never understand what she HAD to do because of the family...etc

UndeadSweeper
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Nik,

Can you do a PSA on what a lie is?

Cabbage Patch
Sep 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM

I'm thinking cross-over with Rex, Zombie Slayer!

Cabbage Patch
Sep 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Oh, and since no one said it, but we're all thinking it, now that Riley has the ring, when she finally gets to scratch we will FINALLY get some closure on "The Family"...and I ain't talkin about no Robert De Niro movie....

Scratch goes on some soliloquy as she's about to be struck down about how Riley could never understand what she HAD to do because of the family...etc

Or someone could just ask Lizzy.

Hoff4D
Sep 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Or someone could just ask Lizzy.

I meant as to the relation of Angel in the family, from my memory, Scratch never let out why/how Angel was involved, and what exactly the family was/is....just that he was in. Or did I blank out for a minute somewhere?

Grognaurd
Sep 10th, 2013, 11:16 AM

Ah, but in the world of my tinfoil hat, Riley is in on the Family Secret. Somewhere in the more theoretical sections, I really go off the deep end and I still stand by it.

Grognaurd
Sep 10th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I meant as to the relation of Angel in the family, from my memory, Scratch never let out why/how Angel was involved, and what exactly the family was/is....just that he was in. Or did I blank out for a minute somewhere?

Nope, the family is a mystery. It seems to be a classic crime thing, but I think it is an Apocolyptic cult trying to bring about the end of days. I cannot get through a zombocolypse occurring in multiple areas as natural phenomena, to me it is a conspiracy and I fill that roll with the family. Thats when yarri gave me the tinfoil hat lol...

scbubba
Sep 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I think Pegs has become irrelevant at this point, there is far more hatred between Burt/Riley and Scratch. The Pegs deal seems to be way in the past, Im sure Scratch still holds a grudge against Her, but no one cares. This has now become Burt and Riley's fight to finish

I think Pegs doesn't have a big active "hero" role. I think she is just the bait. Riley means nothing to Scratch at this point. Burt was an annoyance to her before and then became useful to her as she tried to get info on where Pegs had gone.

Scratch is still fixated on Pegs and will be trying to hunt her down. But the hunter shall become the hunted..... :hammer:

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Nope, the family is a mystery. It seems to be a classic crime thing, but I think it is an Apocolyptic cult trying to bring about the end of days. I cannot get through a zombocolypse occurring in multiple areas as natural phenomena, to me it is a conspiracy and I fill that roll with the family. Thats when yarri gave me the tinfoil hat lol...

I doubt it, what's their motivation? Don't you think if they created all this they would have been better prepared? Not to mention they were trying to destroy the arena. Of course if this is a joke, then I suppose the jokes on me :D

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I think Pegs doesn't have a big active "hero" role. I think she is just the bait. Riley means nothing to Scratch at this point. Burt was an annoyance to her before and then became useful to her as she tried to get info on where Pegs had gone.

Scratch is still fixated on Pegs and will be trying to hunt her down. But the hunter shall become the hunted..... :hammer:

True, I think I might just hate Pegs and wish she would go away? But that is a good point, use her as bait and lure Scratch in. The question is will Scratch bite? I don't think so, the Mallers have been decimated and she is no position to act, the only thing she can do is survive. Maybe she found Dunbar? And when Saul and crew arrive it becomes a big battle? There's a theory I can really dig!

Grognaurd
Sep 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I doubt it, what's their motivation? Don't you think if they created all this they would have been better prepared? Not to mention they were trying to destroy the arena. Of course if this is a joke, then I suppose the jokes on me :D

The mallers are kinda like the bad side of the family no one wants. I still think there is a substantial group of the family that survived somewhere and is incommunicado. Durai wanted to find them and that is why they were monitoring every channel.

SmokeyZombified
Sep 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
If you think about it, Scratch stole CJ's SWAT van right? I'm sure there were some maps in there right? So she may have been able to discover the location of Dunbar and may have possibly moved in! Wouldn't that be a nice twist? Saul and Victor arrive only to find Scratch and crew hold up in their only hope for survival? *Mind Blown*

nikvoodoo
Sep 11th, 2013, 06:14 AM
If you think about it, Scratch stole CJ's SWAT van right? I'm sure there were some maps in there right? So she may have been able to discover the location of Dunbar and may have possibly moved in! Wouldn't that be a nice twist? Saul and Victor arrive only to find Scratch and crew hold up in their only hope for survival? *Mind Blown*

Not so sure the SWAT Van left the colony. I think it got used as a battering ram, but I don't think she got away with it.

Something else I'm planning on bringing up today is the following posted to the WA facebook page. I'm not going to bother posting the name because basically...it's easy to find...:

Massive fan of the show. Massive. As a friend of the show I have to saw that this week's episode is the worst in the show's history.

Since this is essentially meaningless from a criticism POV, I asked them why they thought so. Response:

Im sorry to criticize. I dearly love the show. The plot seemed to drag, which i understand is sometimes necessary to broader plot and character development, so no big deal. The big problem was that cj's behavior made no sense. It was inconsistent within the show, for her character, would not be tolerated by any if the other characters, and was generally illogical. In my humble opinion, this kind of major plot problem is unheard of in this show. The plot, character development and writing are major strengths of the show (actors you rock my world, too!), and are what make it so real and engrossing and consistently good. Cj's behavior just seemed to represent a first example of a fundamental plot problem. Still, i love the show, recommend it to everyone and thank you for making it!

What do you think? I've heard loads of positive reviews about this week's episode. What do you think of the criticism?

SmokeyZombified
Sep 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Whats up Nik? When I re-listen to the episode, I think that Scratch did make it out with the SWAT van. If it was still there, then I'm sure the people at the colony would have recovered it. Also they specifically say that "Someone is STEALING the van" so I'm of the opinion that Scratch and Co. escaped in the SWAT van. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time!

As for the criticism, I kind of agree, but not really. I can see where this person is coming from that it is very illogical and uncharacteristic of CJ but at the same time she just had her leg chopped off so I wouldn't say she's the most mentally stable of the bunch. That being said, maybe once she gets over the loss of her leg she will regain some of her composer? Also, we still don't know the full extent of CJ and Sean's relationship, they may have even been married which would explain why CJ is freaking out so much. The only thing that pisses me off is that Vic and Saul never said the Mallers killed Sean, they just said the killers were at the colony.

Chadzero
Sep 11th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Saul, Victor, Riley, and Burt will all go to Dunbar. This will give Burt/Riley the chance to get out and hunt down ol' scarface. Saul will MAKE Lizzy/Tanya stay since it has the medical facilities.

I disagree. Pretty sure Burt & Riley are taking off vigilante style without asking permission/telling anyone. This would give Saul & Victor the chance to follow in pursuit w/o revealing they've been banished.

I'm really wondering what will happen with the bird. Is it going to stay at the colony in a defensive roll, or are they going to use it for offense. Considering resources, that might mean they'd have to land at the LAX to refuel. Didn't work out so well the last time that was attempted.

Chadzero
Sep 11th, 2013, 07:17 AM
As for the criticism, I kind of agree, but not really. I can see where this person is coming from that it is very illogical and uncharacteristic of CJ but at the same time she just had her leg chopped off so I wouldn't say she's the most mentally stable of the bunch.

I disagree. CJ's character is very calculated and methodical. The main intel she had which led to her involvement the colony raid was false. Imagine if the same thing happened when the US invaded Iraq and never found any nuclear weapons. Just think of how duped Americans would feel....oh wait.

LiamKerrington
Sep 11th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Hi.

@Nikvoodoo:
I agree with the criticism you quoted.

a) One of the strengths of the WA show is that it is quite realistic in most things, and many decisions by Kc follow a reasonable plan. But CJ came back as Ms Cpt Ahab just two days after her leg was cut off. I am no medic, but I see how long Michael and Saul were blown out after serious surgery or trauma of whatever kind; and CJ just starts running around, barks orders, origami-es Saul and Victor and is all cool. Is she the daughter of Wolverine having Chuck Norris as his bride? Sorry, no! When you have lost your leg, you have serious problems that last more than just a couple of hours or days.
b) As for her behaviour aside from my issue in a) I think I pretty much saw the CJ we have learned to know right from her first appearance. So I have no trouble with her using her tactics based on her personal survival-agenda in order to make people follow her order. But why the f*ck did she have to loose her leg? This is just the supporting reason or plot-device for her decision to drive out Saul and Victor. I have no idea what else this is good for.
c) Anyway: I really facepalmed at this picture: The Colonists were in a lot of trouble with the Mallers; all of a sudden an unknown chick runs amock in their territory and seriously kicks butts; but as suddenly as she has appeared, she then vanishes from site (down in the cellar where she lost her duell with Scratch); then rumor spreads that she is in medical care by the beloved Tanya (who by the way turned her back on the Colonists many months before, but regardless she seems to be accepted still), and all of a sudden this Jean D'Arc of the Zombocalypse (I speak of CJ) is voted to become the new Heroine and Leader of the Colony ... Wtf bbq? I don't buy it. And I am hard pressed to accept it. This makes no sense at all to me. To me it would have been much more concise with the WA-story if the Colonists had voted Victor to become the new leader - or someone random, who the Colonists already knew before CJ showed up.

I am sorry. I like #37, even #37-3. But I need to accept a lot more stretches than I am actually willing to in this last episode. But alas, my fury is over already, and I am looking forward to having a lot more interesting, challenging, and even mind-blowing episodes and chapters. So no harm done after all ...

Best wishes!
Liam

SmokeyZombified
Sep 11th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I disagree. CJ's character is very calculated and methodical. The main intel she had which led to her involvement the colony raid was false. Imagine if the same thing happened when the US invaded Iraq and never found any nuclear weapons. Just think of how duped Americans would feel....oh wait.

True, but the trauma from losing a limb can mentally effect people. She may feel duped, but that doesn't give her the right to kick out the two people that are closest to her. Especially Saul who did everything he could to save her.

SmokeyZombified
Sep 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hi.

@Nikvoodoo:
I agree with the criticism you quoted.

a) One of the strengths of the WA show is that it is quite realistic in most things, and many decisions by Kc follow a reasonable plan. But CJ came back as Ms Cpt Ahab just two days after her leg was cut off. I am no medic, but I see how long Michael and Saul were blown out after serious surgery or trauma of whatever kind; and CJ just starts running around, barks orders, origami-es Saul and Victor and is all cool. Is she the daughter of Wolverine having Chuck Norris as his bride? Sorry, no! When you have lost your leg, you have serious problems that last more than just a couple of hours or days.
b) As for her behaviour aside from my issue in a) I think I pretty much saw the CJ we have learned to know right from her first appearance. So I have no trouble with her using her tactics based on her personal survival-agenda in order to make people follow her order. But why the f*ck did she have to loose her leg? This is just the supporting reason or plot-device for her decision to drive out Saul and Victor. I have no idea what else this is good for.
c) Anyway: I really facepalmed at this picture: The Colonists were in a lot of trouble with the Mallers; all of a sudden an unknown chick runs amock in their territory and seriously kicks butts; but as suddenly as she has appeared, she then vanishes from site (down in the cellar where she lost her duell with Scratch); then rumor spreads that she is in medical care by the beloved Tanya (who by the way turned her back on the Colonists many months before, but regardless she seems to be accepted still), and all of a sudden this Jean D'Arc of the Zombocalypse (I speak of CJ) is voted to become the new Heroine and Leader of the Colony ... Wtf bbq? I don't buy it. And I am hard pressed to accept it. This makes no sense at all to me. To me it would have been much more concise with the WA-story if the Colonists had voted Victor to become the new leader - or someone random, who the Colonists already knew before CJ showed up.

I am sorry. I like #37, even #37-3. But I need to accept a lot more stretches than I am actually willing to in this last episode. But alas, my fury is over already, and I am looking forward to having a lot more interesting, challenging, and even mind-blowing episodes and chapters. So no harm done after all ...

Best wishes!
Liam

She is the one who organized the defenses, so the Colonists know she's a good planner. Plus the only other option is Michael and they have made it clear they don't like him one bit. Seems logical enough to me!

nikvoodoo
Sep 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM
all I say re: CJ and her overall bitchitude in 37-3:

http://www.lilithrockopera.com/images/backSquareCMP.jpg

LiamKerrington
Sep 11th, 2013, 08:27 AM
all I say re: CJ and her overall bitchitude in 37-3:

http://www.lilithrockopera.com/images/backSquareCMP.jpg

Yeah, sure:

Badass of the Week. She deserves this title totally.

@SmokeyZombified: Yes, I can make myself think and accept that what I really don't like. But it remains a stretch, and I am not happy with it.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 11th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Not so sure the SWAT Van left the colony. I think it got used as a battering ram, but I don't think she got away with it.

Something else I'm planning on bringing up today is the following posted to the WA facebook page. I'm not going to bother posting the name because basically...it's easy to find...:

Massive fan of the show. Massive. As a friend of the show I have to saw that this week's episode is the worst in the show's history.
Since this is essentially meaningless from a criticism POV, I asked them why they thought so. Response:

Im sorry to criticize. I dearly love the show. The plot seemed to drag, which i understand is sometimes necessary to broader plot and character development, so no big deal. The big problem was that cj's behavior made no sense. It was inconsistent within the show, for her character, would not be tolerated by any if the other characters, and was generally illogical. In my humble opinion, this kind of major plot problem is unheard of in this show. The plot, character development and writing are major strengths of the show (actors you rock my world, too!), and are what make it so real and engrossing and consistently good. Cj's behavior just seemed to represent a first example of a fundamental plot problem. Still, i love the show, recommend it to everyone and thank you for making it!
What do you think? I've heard loads of positive reviews about this week's episode. What do you think of the criticism?

First, I want to say, Nurse Britt, Nurse Britt, Nurse Britt, Buttsex McGee, Buttsex McGee, Buttsex McGee, Hot Wings & Beer, XBox, Nursing Britt McGee's Xwings with a Box of Beer and Hot Buttsex, whatevah Just PLEASE Mention me! Witch Doctor!

I agree, somewhat, with the Facebook poster. That is, not a critique of the show but a critique of CJ's behavior. I can see how she can be butt hurt and irrational but I just can't see everyone falling in line with her demand that Saul and Victor leave and everything else she sets up staying in place. Both Jannit (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?3296-Jannit) and I wrote about how much the SHTF when this deal becomes public. In fact, how can it possibly remain secret in a believable manner? There will be too many splits and conflicted loyalties. This could drag the Balance of Power aspect of the story along several chapters. I want to see people fighting zombies, not people fighting each other. (Yes, I know human conflict is major part of a survival story, but BLOODY HELL!!! Kalani's story, as good as it is took sooooo long!) Some of us think that the resolution may be more mundane than the projected Lord-of-the-Flies-Junior-High-School-Clique Fest that this appears to be turning into. KC is a master of misdirection.

I dunno guys. The whole Colony/Dunbar split, Who goes/Who stays thing seems too obvious as a major conflict based on CJ's grudge. Hopefully the Colonists are not so blind as to let the Military & Medical expertise leave based on one person's grudge. See how she used her new authority for personal use by telling the guys that the Colonists just elected her Empress. Talk about you benevolent dictators.

It just seems too simplistic for the conflict to result in that kind of split. Like everyone's been saying, I doubt Saul & Victor are gonna leave without saying why. When the reason get out, crap is gonna happen. This seems like the simplest course. I think KC is setting us up for crazy chaos just to reveal a simpler solution.
The less interesting but possibly more likely scenario is that CJ ends up changing her mind about the banishment. She's got a lot more to lose than anyone else if things go down the way you mention here - and the way a lot of people have mentioned so far. Perhaps she calms down and reasons this idea through a bit more and comes to her senses. Considering all the trauma the girl has been through in the last couple of days it IS understandable that she might be a tad temperamental and overreact.
Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say. When I tried reading what I wrote, it made no earthly sense.O_o

Or things could go the way of Balkans for a short time like Scubibbly Beebob (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4743-Wnd-56&p=63652&viewfull=1#post63652) says.

I agree it's pretty straight forward thinking. That doesn't mean it won't be true "somewhat". That is, maybe we have the splits like people are theorizing but the splits aren't permanent. Plenty of things can still happen to bring groups together or drive a wedge. I see the Colony paying a big price longer term. Too many people in one place. TOWTM won't be able to resist and he'll be better prepared to take a defended position this time....

Either way, storm's a comin'

SmokeyZombified
Sep 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Yeah, sure:

Badass of the Week. She deserves this title totally.

@SmokeyZombified: Yes, I can make myself think and accept that what I really don't like. But it remains a stretch, and I am not happy with it.

I do agree that its a bit of a stretch, but I also feel like the loss of her leg and the trauma suffered from it may be a factor. She may also just be losing it altogether. Also if you remember the Colony was pretty much leaderless after GateKeeper and Bixby were killed and CJ is the one who, even with a extremely damaged leg, still took the time to organize the Colonists. Remember what Victor said to Michael, the Colony doesn't forget things very easily.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM
But keep in mind, that cold calculating mind gave sway to emotionalism, the kind that affects her decisions. What happened here is an Is/Ought conflict. The Is, i.e. the facts, are that she can't...

scbubba
Sep 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I don't think we have a plot hole around CJ's actions or her character in 37-3. I also think the general story in the chapter is fine. <br />
<br />
CJ starts out just like she was doing before - plan for her. ...

sgtdraino
Sep 11th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Hey guys, long-time listener first-time caller. I've got more of a general question about the zombies: Am I the only one who is STRONGLY reminded of the Flood from Halo? They're fast, they make growly screechy noises, they come in a variety of types and sizes, and start off as humans who get genetically modified by the Flood parasitic spores. When I hear the zombies on We're Not Dead, I can't help but imagine the Flood.

PS - I'm loving your new cohost, Buttseks McGee. Great addition! BIG fan of Buttseks. She is waaaaaay better than that previous cohost you had, the one whose name is really hard to stop saying. Brittney Brombacheracheracheracheracheracheracheracher--DAMMIT!!!

Alizée
Sep 11th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Hey guys, long-time listener first-time caller. I've got more of a general question about the zombies: Am I the only one who is STRONGLY reminded of the Flood from Halo? They're fast, they make growly screechy noises, they come in a variety of types and sizes, and start off as humans who get genetically modified by the Flood parasitic spores. When I hear the zombies on We're Not Dead, I can't help but imagine the Flood.

PS - I'm loving your new cohost, Buttseks McGee. Great addition! BIG fan of Buttseks. She is waaaaaay better than that previous cohost you had, the one whose name is really hard to stop saying. Brittney Brombacheracheracheracheracheracheracheracher--DAMMIT!!!

This post just made me scream unintentionally. THE FLOOD!!! I was wondering what they reminded me of! You're right man.
God I love this forum. You guys blow my mind with your amazing connections and theories!

Osiris
Sep 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Make me wonder if a natural disaster is going to strike. Maybe an earthquake? Some sort of catastrophic event in the final season would be . . . like whoa.

p.s.

I love Britt. She's the only reason I listen to WND.

SmokeyZombified
Sep 12th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Make me wonder if a natural disaster is going to strike. Maybe an earthquake? Some sort of catastrophic event in the final season would be . . . like whoa.

p.s.

I love Britt. She's the only reason I listen to WND.

That's a really interesting idea, if not catastrophic at least put something in there to throw things off. Just another element to add to the already harsh world they live in!

PS

Smoking hot nerds for the win!

Osiris
Sep 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM
That's a really interesting idea, if not catastrophic at least put something in there to throw things off. Just another element to add to the already harsh world they live in!

PS

Smoking hot nerds for the win!

Pretty sure Britt don't smoke, bro.

turbo
Sep 12th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Pretty sure Britt don't smoke, bro.

So would hot wing eating hot nerds be a more acceptable answer?

Osiris
Sep 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM
So would hot wing eating hot nerds be a more acceptable answer?

I mean . . . am I really going to be the guy who says it out loud? I bet her butthole smokes after a night of beer and wings.

turbo
Sep 12th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I mean . . . am I really going to be the guy who says it out loud? I bet her butthole smokes after a night of beer and wings.

yep....you said it.

Osiris
Sep 12th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Guess it really was me. Sorry, Britt. I still heart you a metric fuck-ton.

pmchawk
Sep 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
*wonders if there will be 57 this week or not*

nikvoodoo
Sep 13th, 2013, 12:00 PM
*wonders if there will be 57 this week or not*

you'd like that wouldn't you?

It's been recorded. Beez was a busy busy bee this week but hopefully today :)

scbubba
Sep 13th, 2013, 12:20 PM

Hoping.... Hoping..... Hoping.....

Grognaurd
Sep 13th, 2013, 12:26 PM

She tweeted something about Link's Set. I misread it as Ink's Set... I thought I really missed something until I connected it to Zelda...

Osiris
Sep 13th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Yous guys really need to work on making these episodes longer.

nikvoodoo
Sep 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
What feature would you want to see to get more Nik/ Britt time (or lets be honest.....Britt time. We all know y'all download for Britt)? I've been trying to ask a relevant question relating to the chapter parts each week so far which has been a mild success in terms of response. Hmmm maybe new thread time...

pmchawk
Sep 14th, 2013, 08:26 AM
*tear* I was the 1st comment.. I feels special. I know how scbubba feels. Pronounced Pmc Hawk. Lol.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 14th, 2013, 11:49 AM
*tear* I was the 1st comment.. I feels special. I know how scbubba feels. Pronounced Pmc Hawk. Lol.

You're now a member the Unmentionables.

It would have sounded like this

Nik: "Ah-Leezy . . . Al-Izzy? Aliz--"
Britt: "ALISTAIR?! *cums*"
Nik: "Jesus, Britt . . ."
Britt: What? Whatever. Look Dragon Age is good, don't be a pain in the nuts."
Nik: ". . . ."
Beez: Super Metroid music
Britt: "Don't do anything weird there, Beez."
Nik: "We really need to get some guests on--"
Britt: "Really anyone at all. We can even call my mom and talk to her--"
Nik: "We totally should! Does she listen to the show?"
Britt: "I hope not."
Nik: "I mean't We're Alive."
Britt: "Oh. I don't know. Maybe we can get Pete to come on."
*crickets*
Britt: "Too soon?"
Nik: "I'm doing my best!"
Britt: "Nobody's sayin' any different, champ."
*crickets*
Britt: "Should we just do a recap?"
Nik: "Please, fuck, yes. Just . . . look everyone, we have nothing to talk about so here's a recap of the last 36 chapters."
Britt: "So episode one starts with Michael--"
*simulated explosion*

Did Osiris call this or what?

Alizée
Sep 14th, 2013, 11:50 AM
BRITT YOU SAID MY NAME RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
Al-iz-ay
also yes, Nik, I'm a womans :D

Alizée
Sep 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM
As far as the whole CJ thing goes, I don't think she was justified ... but I see why she did what she did. She acted out of anger and hurt. Considering her MO, I knew she was going to flip a nut when she found out she had been manipulated but I just didn't expect such a terrible backlash toward Saul and Victor. I guess I just put on my rose-coloured glasses and thought, "Ey, she'll be mad but she has bigger things to focus on. Surely leadership necessities will trump personal vendetta?" Apparently not lol
By the way, still a CJ fan girl. 10/10 would recommend :o ... and I'm not just talking about my attraction to her. She's a strong character, with phenomenal planning skills. She knows how to get what she wants, which, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, is an important part of the leadership process. There's always going to be some level of manipulation. For her sake, I hope that her placement as leader at the Colony works out but for Michaels sake, I want him back in the damn saddle.
He works off his pain. He works though it. If he has no sense of purpose he's going to wallow in his pity and that's a very sad thought.

nikvoodoo
Sep 14th, 2013, 03:13 PM
BRITT YOU SAID MY NAME RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
Al-iz-ay
also yes, Nik, I'm a womans :D

I figured you were but since I didn't know for certain I didn't want to assume on air. The extra E threw me though. In my mind I always pronounce it that way but wasn't positive

Arch_Will
Sep 14th, 2013, 06:27 PM
woo i gotta shout out for my facebook comment too this week.. thats two in a row now! yay!.

nik, that wire cutting comment coulda been true..........

... maybeO_o

LiamKerrington
Sep 15th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Sweet that TURBO was special guest on your episode! Awesome!

turbo
Sep 15th, 2013, 04:40 PM
It was a lot of fun!

Alizée
Sep 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
It's really neat to hear what you lovely people on the forum sound like! It helps me put more personality behind your posts!

Kc
Sep 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Just jumped in late... I was a bit away... anyway, some may disagree that someone could not be up and moving around about two days after amputation surgery, it's not unheard of depending on the surgery, the person, and the place where cut. It pushes the limit, seriously, but isn't impossible.
REF: Medical consultation.

Rarely do I comment, but I will on that little technical bit.

pmchawk
Sep 16th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Just jumped in late... I was a bit away... anyway, some may disagree that someone could not be up and moving around about two days after amputation surgery, it's not unheard of depending on the surgery, the person, and the place where cut. It pushes the limit, seriously, but isn't impossible.

Is that what they are calling it these days.. "away".. ;)

Do you remember the WA tease you gave Britt that she "doesn't remember"? If so would you be willing to share with the rest of the class? :p

Kc
Sep 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Do you remember the WA tease you gave Britt that she "doesn't remember"? If so would you be willing to share with the rest of the class? :p

Um... something about something coming. She may not remember consciously, but she mentioned it during that epi :)

Grognaurd
Sep 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM
If there ain't no body then there ain't nobody dead.

Cya soon Nurse Brit, cya real soon. Better start running! Lol. As good a guess as any...

Alizée
Sep 16th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Um... something about something coming. She may not remember consciously, but she mentioned it during that epi :)

:tinfoil:

*adjusts her hat and slinks away to listen again*

Alizée
Sep 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Oh, I also forgot to mention this!
Britt, there's a reason why you thought of alcohol.

scbubba
Sep 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM

If there ain't no body then there ain't nobody dead.

Cya soon Nurse Brit, cya real soon. Better start running! Lol. As good a guess as any...
I think Sir Grog has it....

That's as good as a confirmation from Kc that we will see Nurse Brit again iN WA...

Witch_Doctor
Sep 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM

:tinfoil:

*adjusts her hat and slinks away to listen again*

... and just like that, Britt becomes the new E.F. Hutton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MXqb1a3Apg

LiamKerrington
Sep 17th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Hi there,

Well, I already accepted the decisions, though with a grudge. I see the possibility as you describe it based on medical consultation. Fine. But it remains a stretch, because a) the surgery of CJ was under everything else but ideal conditions, b) the quick recovery is not the rule, but the excpetion, and c) in comparison with the other heavy traumas and bruises during the WA show CJ has proven to be a Marvel Superhero Mutant Monster Chick with a recovery ability dwarfing Wolverine's abilities. Now, that being said: my rambling and ranting does not change anything. And although I whole-heartedly disagree with what has happened this does not change my overall opinion about WA. I also see the point that sometimes reality needs some beding, if things serve the story. And that's OK. I'm fine with that - absolutely. I just wonder why there was the need to rush CJ into the story again. The WA show has had so many leaps in time that maybe things would have been "much more reasonable or realistic", if the story had made a small jump of like 5 or 7 days or something ...

Thank you for commenting on my (and others') opinions about the surgery.

Best wishes!
Liam

pmchawk
Sep 17th, 2013, 12:30 PM

Oh my goodness. There are so many things that could be after listening to the episode again, but there is 1 little red flag to me,

"Little War" I don't see a person pulling this phrase out in normal conversation unless it was used to them before. Also, it seems like something a writer may say.