PDA

View Full Version : Wnd #56

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
You got a thought or reaction to 37-2? Post it here and we might talk about it on our next episode!

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty happy with this chapter--so far. I'd be happier if there was about 90% more Jenna, and 80% less melodrama . . .

The whole Pegs/Michael story is getting on my nerves. Just man up and get over it, Cross.

Aside from that? No real complaints. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm looking forward to hearing from Datu and Kelly.

PLEASE don't kill CJ. She needs to have a fist fight with Lizzie for Saul. Or at least a three-way. What?! I'm sure it'd be just fine if it was Alistair.

SHITSNACKS, before I forget completely . . .

Dear Britt,

If We're Alive was turned into a video game, and you were given the option to play through as any of the characters (Maller or Residents) who would be your first choice? It's obvious nik would play as Angel to ensure the character never survives--and probably send screencaps to Ra1th.

Sincerely,
Me.

Raven
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
The whole Pegs/Michael story is getting on my nerves. Just man up and get over it, Cross.

Yes ! So much yes. I know I am in the minority who really disliked Peg's but at least she seems to have grown the pair Cross is missing. I would be curious to hear more about the civilians lives in Boulder and how they are integrating into Colony 2.0.

scbubba
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
First of all, good episode. A change of pace from the guns a blazin opening - in a good way.

So I missed by a mile on the whole CJ dying in the table thing and I'm ok with that. Loved the back & forth with Michael and Saul during the surgery prep and then between Saul and CJ.

I didn't care for the Michael & Pegs exchange. I'm sure pegs and maybe the whole relationship with Mikey will play a pivotal role in something big before the end. So I'll just suffer through it.

Keep up the Puck dialogue!!!! Long live the Puck! I am lovin' the witty repartee he's got going on. Muldoon had some good lines too. I liked the esprit de Corps the soldiers are exhibiting. I see it being something to separate the Colonists from them. Further exacerbating the divide that Victor and Michael were arguing about.

Speaking of Seńor Mas Macho, we finally see something more about Vic in his assignment of blame to Michael. I think he's gonna be part of the division. Not sure where he'll end up. Vic is definitely not one of Michael's biggest fans...

And then the video. I can barely begin to think how that's going to affect the people & relationships when it gets out to everyone else. Especially Riley who we have heard so little from lately.

I'm glad to see Angel's legacy coming back into play. I really wonder how the revelation of his involvement in the Family will play out. Will someone (Kelly?) draw a conclusion about Scratch from this info and put something in play to get revenge? More to ponder....

Love how this is developing. Kc, you continue to be a storyteller extraordinaire!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Maybe Michael should try to get over Pegs. I mean ok, a good story needs feelings and social interaction but the Pegs and Michael thing is currently becoming a never-ending Möbius strip which is so wrongly warped. This cannot be healthy for both of them.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Kelly and Riley strike out on their own, and eventually get together with Scratch. They manage to put their differences aside, and together they rise to power and supreme control of the remaining population of the states. They have nightly pillow fights. It's amazing.

Storm
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
No no! Scratch teams up with Ink and Randy, and together they storm the colony. Just before the gate falls, Datu will have finished a leg prosthesis for CJ, made of duct tape, the candy wrapper thing that Saul and Vic found at the Tower, and CJ's katana. She wil then start a new fight against Scratch, this time winning the battle...
Or maybe Michael will just have a break-down and throw the leadership to someone else. First option sounds way more interesting, though. :)

Raven
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
They have nightly pillow fights. It's amazing.

I would now like to request audio of this

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
No no! Scratch teams up with Ink and Randy, and together they storm the colony. Just before the gate falls, Datu will have finished a leg prosthesis for CJ, made of duct tape, the candy wrapper thing that Saul and Vic found at the Tower, and CJ's katana. She wil then start a new fight against Scratch, this time winning the battle...
Or maybe Michael will just have a break-down and throw the leadership to someone else. First option sounds way more interesting, though. :)

I would wager that Mikey breaks down in tears because Pegs won't come to the door anymore. She leaves him with no choice . . .

http://i.imgur.com/tStD5vg.jpg

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
I would now like to request audio of this

We all do.

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Pegs is a clinger. First Riley, then Michael. What would we expert her to do in Denver? She is still a drama queen, but i can see her outgrowing it. That she does not run right back to Michael is a sign of growth

Witch_Doctor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Interesting that Pegs points out that she was in Boulder LONGER than she knew Michael. Could any of the group pick up from when they last parted, in terms of their friendship?(Of course Lizzy & Saul & his mom.) We may be too hard on Pegs because she loss someone after all. After listening to her last few lines, it sound as if she might be dealing with that loss as opposed to simply being confused about her feelings for Michael. I can't help but to wonder if her boyfriend was turned and maybe she or Kelly had to kill him. She didn't go into details over what happened to him. Losing someone is traumatic, remember Riley losing Angel? They only knew each other for a couple of months too.

Anyone else catch how KC squashed any speculation that might arise that one of the surviving Blackhawk crew, or Datu is Peg's boyfriend? Michael asks if her lover is in the Colony.

As far as the living arrangements, my guess is that, as new comers, Saul et al don't have first dibs on the houses. Or, they may just be visiting. Or, the houses are big and spacious with room for many, as opposed to apartments.

clem131
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Pegs can't survive on her own, so I wonder who she will end up with since she rejects Michael. Could be as you say a sign of character maturity.
Victor is comical in his attempts to blame Michael for what he did and I fear he foreshadows the type of stupid arguments the colonists will have against Michael: he did not let them kill him, he escaped, he came back because they called him with the satphone (lol), he's got big teeth and he smells of broccoli.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:33 PM
Pegs will end up hooking up with Pete.

Mike will take the Pelican back to Fort Irwin to hunt for supplies, where he'll find Nurse Britt.

clem131
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:42 PM
I was wondering: we knew who the Colonists in charge were: Marcus, Gatekeeper, Bixby. They are all dead; now, the argument about who rules the Colony will need a voice from the Colony's side, I...

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:08 AM
Interesting that Pegs points out that she was in Boulder LONGER than she knew Michael.

This really threw me for a loop. How long had she known Michael for, pre-Boulder? And does it ever say how long she was in Boulder for? Maybe it's just how I fill in blanks with my own distorted version of what happened but I just simply assumed that she wasn't in Boulder for all that long.

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:12 AM
As for the post on the 37-2 thread about Michael's arm nearly being ripped off, not just broken:
This might squash my "suicide at the Water Works" theory. I had thought that he broke his arm from a nasty fall (read: jumping to his death). Still, it doesn't exactly disprove it and, even if my method prediction may be wrong, I'm still going with it. I know it's an old topic but it's something I'm looking forward to being resolved.

Storm
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:55 AM
The outbreak happened at may 8.th, and they got to Fort Irwin on august 2.nd or so...
Soon after Pegs and the others were sent to Boulder, and the next time they meet each other again is on the 18.th of december at Fort Irwin... So...
Three months being with Michael, and four and a third beign with "boulder guy".

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:04 AM
Three months being with Michael, and four and a third beign with "boulder guy".

Canary to Nest! Found Pegs' boyfriend:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9389/boulder.jpg

burton
Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:57 AM
It will definitely be interesting to see how this power struggle shakes out in the colony. I'm a really surprised at home much hate Victor is putting on Michael. Michael had a good point it was...

pmchawk
Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
I found it humorous how Mikey never asked pegs how she was doing, just everyone else. What a dick move. Lol

UndeadSweeper
Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hi Nik and Brit, sorry about the bad grammar. Still working on that. :-(

nikvoodoo
Sep 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Nik and Brit, sorry about the bad grammar. Still working on that. :-(

Don't worry about it. I know your deal, friend. Just need to catch Britt up on it :)

Cabbage Patch
Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
No Audible commercial this week?

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Ok, so Victor does not want to talk about Angel. Is that a good enough reason for Lizzy to not want to talk about Angel? I am fine with let's not rain on the group hug, but each hour that goes by adds to the collateral damage potential. First the pain of reliving the loss and then the anger of being not told.

Ok, maybe none of us are licensed social workers, but what is the consensus? Should Lizzy have told anyone?

Yeah, Victor is turning into Hamlet, here. He keeps waiting until the right time to reveal someone's death. First Sean now Angel. What does it matter anyway? Has he been told that the others already think that Angel is dead? Also, the more he holds off, the more I'm beginning to side with Scratch that killing Angel was an act of mercy. He was dying from the fall: Scratch shooting him was as much mercy as it was murder.

I think, also, that the power play involves Victor; a three-way power balancing act.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
I asked KC this in a Q&A during last Season's Finale, and he said that there wouldn't be any new characters (If I remember correctly.)

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
This really threw me for a loop. How long had she known Michael for, pre-Boulder? And does it ever say how long she was in Boulder for? Maybe it's just how I fill in blanks with my own distorted version of what happened but I just simply assumed that she wasn't in Boulder for all that long.

They stayed in the tower for 3 months, according to Saul. From May 8th (Day of the outbreak) to August 3rd (When they arrived at Fort Irwin) She then lives in Boulder from August the 6 to December the 16th, four months.

pmchawk
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
I asked KC this in a Q&A during last Season's Finale, and he said that there wouldn't be any new characters (If I remember correctly.)

Then who is Max?

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Then who is Max?

I was wondering that too. The name sounds familiar and I thought it was someone mentioned by Victor in an earlier episode but I couldn't find it. He may just be a character that we only hear about but not hear from. Or, he could be a new character.

Grognaurd
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
I was wondering that too. The name sounds familiar and I thought it was someone mentioned by Victor in an earlier episode but I couldn't find it. He may just be a character that we only hear about but not hear from. Or, he could be a new character.

Max was supposed to be with the water truck, but it turns out to be Bixby. I gotta recheck and see if we also "met" Max in the liberation from the mallers

Yea, when Victor comes out he says it wasn't Max, it was Bixby at the start of 32-3.

In 32-1 around 12:15 victor says the water truck guy is Max and he does not know him very well.

Arch_Will
Sep 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Max may just be a placeholder or behind the scenes character, much like the We're Alive version of a Red Shirt. Has it's uses but ultimately no relevance to the main plot.

I want to hear more about the Baseball cards banter. Puck is obviously a Geek of sorts especially as he clearly seems to be able to estimate the value of certain types of card.... next episode.. Saul vs Puck in a Pokemón Battle Royale!. Saul's Peeked-atchoo vs Puck's Vulvix

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
I wonder if Michael has any "nerdy" hobbies (read: not huffing lol). Saul and Angel are gamer nerds, Puck collects baseball cards, Victor is a Buffy fan. Let me know if I'm forgetting anyone else.
I know that the line between military and civilian life is thin for Michael but there must be something.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
The video - I always felt that the information about Angel and his ultimate end would be discovered before it was revealed by Victor. If Vic was going to tell them, he would have done it already. I know a lot has happened in a few days but he could have at least told Saul before. The knowledge of what happened to Angel and that Victor was hiding it will stir up trouble of course. Michael and the Fort Irwin Towerites hadn't had any interaction with her or the Mallers since the Tower fell. Saul and Victor (and Lizzie) did in the very recent past. Will the video stir up a big revenge impulse in our heroes? Not sure. I think we will have a Scratch story arc resolution with or without the video.
For me the bigger story is, what was Victor really protecting? Was it the circumstances around Angel's demise (even though he was thought to be dead already) or perhaps some tie in with the Family. Maybe Victor's "insurance salesman" job was a protection racket for an organized crime group like maybe, the Family... Or even something more sinister...

Yo Ho Ho, let's give Victor a bottle of rum for keeping secrets of dead men in a chest. Sean, Angel, Tupac & Biggie. Don't forget, "Ix-nay on the Hombre..." (Wait, did he know about the Lewis ploy?) Maybe he just doesn't like talking about dead people (Like his wife. How did she die?)

Here's Victor delivering a eulogy at a funeral:"Um,.... now is not the best time."

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
I wonder if Michael has any "nerdy" hobbies (read: not huffing lol). Saul and Angel are gamer nerds, Puck collects baseball cards, Victor is a Buffy fan. Let me know if I'm forgetting anyone else.
I know that the line between military and civilian life is thin for Michael but there must be something.

Hmm, CJ is obviously a Zombie/Apocalypse Prepper.
Glenn is an Old-School, Ham Radio, Build-a-battery-out-of-a-potato, Radio Shack Junkie.
Muldoon loves making lame wisecracks at Robins' expense.
Remember Tanya's excitement at finding flesh on the zombie's toe bone that Michael gave her in her cell? I'm sure she would make a fun date. "Hey baby, are you gonna eat that steak or just dissect it all night?"

The only nerdy quality that I can see in Michael is that he's a grown ass hetero-sexual man who's afraid of catching cooties. Come on now Mikey, nobody is gonna tease you for liking girls. :melt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBIC8JTQMMQ

Storm
Sep 4th, 2013, 02:47 AM
I guess he just doesn't care that much about it... Or maybe my little Michael/Kimmet theory is actually true, and now Kimmet's sitting all alone on the pink mushroom cloud they should have shared... :D
Nah, I just think he doesn't care about it. He's probably thinking more about how to get through all the shit that's happening around them. Then again, they need to repopulate the earth at one point, after all there's only about 20 left that we know of...

Alizée
Sep 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM
I guess he just doesn't care that much about it... Or maybe my little Michael/Kimmet theory is actually true, and now Kimmet's sitting all alone on the pink mushroom cloud they should have shared... :D
Nah, I just think he doesn't care about it. He's probably thinking more about how to get through all the shit that's happening around them. Then again, they need to repopulate the earth at one point, after all there's only about 20 left that we know of...

Sorry! I'm regretting deleting my comment now! I had deleted it because I remembered that at the very beginning he could "think of another thing ... but that would have to wait".

The comment just basically threw out the idea that Michael might be gay. Storm, I think you're right. He's got so much other stuff going on around him, not to mention the responsibility he carries.
And LMAO at the Kimmet/Michael theory!

Storm
Sep 4th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Sorry! I'm regretting deleting my comment now! I had deleted it because I remembered that at the very beginning he could "think of another thing ... but that would have to wait".

The comment just basically threw out the idea that Michael might be gay. Storm, I think you're right. He's got so much other stuff going on around him, not to mention the responsibility he carries.
And LMAO at the Kimmet/Michael theory!

I'm regretting not replying with a quote :D But yeah...
And yeah, he's too occupied (spelled?) in his role as a leader to really think about any kind of romantic relationship. If only he would let himself relax a bit... And now Saul's nearby again, so he can get all the pancakes he wants when he wakes up again, just like in the good old days... Or... Well, something like that.
I'm not exactly sure how it'll go from here, but Vic is making me a little worried... Maybe he's just trying to help Michael, or... Hmm... Balance of power...
Then again, I also have a hard time seeing the survivers split up once again, I don't really think we have time for that to happen with only one season left. They might just go to Dunbar and then just use the colony as a garden, or maybe just abbandon it.
I'm looking forward to see what role CJ will play, though. I thought the only important thing left about her was the code to her safe... Well, and her intelligence, but still.
Maybe she'll be the one talking to Skittles next time he shows up. I kinda like that idea, after all she knew him from when he was normal. Well, Hope did too, but still.
What ever happens I'm sure it's going to be awesome. :)

scbubba
Sep 4th, 2013, 04:16 AM
The Michael/Kimmet theory made me chuckle.... :)

I believe the term for Michael is "emotionally unavailable." He's doesn't want anyone to know anything about how he feels or what his past is. He has either shame over his past or he may have lots of unresolved issues, romantic or otherwise.

PTSD can manifest in this sort of emotionally unavailability for some people. I know some guys (Vietnam Vets) who were diagnosed with PTSD (after almost 30 years) and a couple of them mentioned that they have a hard time connecting with people on more than a superficial level because of what's going on in their heads. They can get by mostly by focusing on tasks (big or small) and less on the people doing the tasks. Many simply want to work on things alone (and have had very successful single person businesses).

Anyway, my thought is that Michael realizes that he wants to have a relationship with Pegs, doesn't know how to have one, knows he royally screwed up, and is putting himself at least somewhat out there. Pegs, to her credit, recognizes the issues to some degree and figures that it can't end well. She can't effectively "save" Michael.

The horrors of the past 8 months have caused them both to grow up. Michael only a little but Pegs a whole lot. She went from insecure, clingy girl with hearts in her eyes to stronger young woman who has realized that she is stronger than she thought she was.

Anyway, that's my (totally unqualified) psychoanalysis of the situation....

Grognaurd
Sep 4th, 2013, 05:07 AM
We have discussed balance of power between Biters and humans, mallers/colonies/towers, etc.

I also see it WITHIN the group of our main characters. I feel for Michael, the tower became his "family" the army took it away from him and once again he finds himself outside looking in.

Monster mani
Sep 4th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Nurse brit should make a come back and seduce our heart broken sergeant.

Britt
Sep 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
pegs will end up hooking up with pete.

Mike will take the pelican back to fort irwin to hunt for supplies, where he'll find nurse britt.

I am okay with this and will support it on WND!

UndeadSweeper
Sep 4th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I am okay with this and will support it on WND!

Unlikely a FF game I don't think a character could live through a nuke. I can't see Nurse Britt sit on a piece of wall, playing Cup and Ball, while wait for a pick up.

..... unless she found a fridge.........

Also what supplies would still be around????

scbubba
Sep 4th, 2013, 02:58 PM
They stayed in the tower for 3 months, according to Saul. From May 8th (Day of the outbreak) to August 3rd (When they arrived at Fort Irwin) She then lives in Boulder from August the 6 to December the 16th, four months.
Pegs comment about how long she spent in Boulder vs how long she spent with Michael got me thinking about the group dynamics. I feel like her comment about the length of time was meant to bring this back into focus for us listeners since it was very easy for us to gloss over the time span since it passed in mere moments for us.

Our Heroes (Towerites) were together through some intense times for the 3 months that Witch_Doctor mentions.
Victor, Tanya, and Hope only spent about a couple of weeks with the crew but spent almost 3 months in the Colony together.

Then we have the big splits.

Michael, Riley, Tanya, and the Fort Irwin soldiers (mainly Puck and Carl) spent 4.5 months together in Fort Irwin.
Saul, Victor, and CJ spent the majority of the 4.5 months together in LA.
Pegs, Kelly, Datu, and Hope spent 4.5 months together in Boulder.
Lizzie and Burt were kept separated from all the rest of the crew for the 4.5 month span at the Colony.

So, how does that reset the relationships and loyalties, I wonder? Does Saul have a grudge against Michael and Co for leaving them behind? Do Saul and Victor have a stronger tie to CJ than Michael? How do Lizzie and Burt feel about everyone else (other than Saul of course)? Do they feel abandoned?

If these (or other) pressures strain the group to near breaking, who or what will draw them back together? Keeps bringing the meaning of "Balance of Power" back into my mind. Will be interesting to see how chapter 37 finishes up....

Cabbage Patch
Sep 4th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Unlikely a FF game I don't think a character could live through a nuke. I can't see Nurse Britt sit on a piece of wall, playing Cup and Ball, while wait for a pick up.

..... unless she found a fridge.........

Also what supplies would still be around????

The main base at Fort Irwin is gone, but that's only a small part of the base complex. The Box, the training area that lies north of the base, is almost the size of Rhode Island. In my day there were several permanent training, command and logistics sits in The Box; the one I worked at was 60 miles and 3 mountain ranges away from the base, easily safe from the nuclear blast. We know there was a basic training base in The Box, there might be survivors from the checkpoints, maybe even stragglers from Boulder.

I doubt the story will take us back to Fort Irwin, but it could be worth the trip. If Michael could rescue a hundred armed survivors from Fort Irwin that could really impact the "balance of power" at the Colony.

UndeadSweeper
Sep 5th, 2013, 06:39 AM
The main base at Fort Irwin is gone, but that's only a small part of the base complex. The Box, the training area that lies north of the base, is almost the size of Rhode Island. In my day there were several permanent training, command and logistics sits in The Box; the one I worked at was 60 miles and 3 mountain ranges away from the base, easily safe from the nuclear blast. We know there was a basic training base in The Box, there might be survivors from the checkpoints, maybe even stragglers from Boulder.

I doubt the story will take us back to Fort Irwin, but it could be worth the trip. If Michael could rescue a hundred armed survivors from Fort Irwin that could really impact the "balance of power" at the Colony.

But if they survived then the New Little Ones may have also survived. Why take a change of bring one of them back especially since we don't know if there are jumpers among them. Oddly enough we haven't seen a jumper since the first tower attack.

Malador
Sep 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I don't think the chances of finding supplies or survivors would be worth the fuel expenditure of the trip. I think at least part of the survivors will be staying in the colony, since Datu is busy working his mechanical voodoo to get the place back up to snuff. If Michael ends up in any sort of romantic relationship again, I think it would be with Riley. They are both going to be grieving over Angel, and they are already close, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I don't think the chances of finding supplies or survivors would be worth the fuel expenditure of the trip.

Probably doesn't fit the story narrative at this point. I expect that Michael's "soldiers" will get their additional weapons from the "Long Beach Navy Base" that the LA Recon Team checked out back in Chapter 30.

Grognaurd
Sep 5th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Probably doesn't fit the story narrative at this point. I expect that Michael's "soldiers" will get their additional weapons from the "Long Beach Navy Base" that the LA Recon Team checked out back in Chapter 30.

With bolder and Irwin nuked, Michael would be well served to collect or at a minimum contact those off site. Each one has a story that is important to the WA franchise even though there isn't room in this story arc. I think it would be worth a minute or two of narration to lay out some lose ends. I would love something like Michael talking to Puck about the current story and Muldoon talking to another team in the background.

Red Shirt
Sep 5th, 2013, 08:33 PM
With bolder and Irwin nuked, Michael would be well served to collect or at a minimum contact those off site.

He did after all swipe a fresh sat phone and the directory with all the numbers when Kimmet kicked him and Puck out of the C&C.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
With Hope lurking around the Hospital there might be a chance that she and CJ make the connection that they shared the same tower. CJ will obviously want to know how she got there. Sean's name will come up, along with the revelation from either Hope or Tanya or Michael that Sean was killed by a set-up by Gate Keeper instead of the Mallers. BOOM! Another skeleton falls out of Victor's closet.

AND, I'm making the call again, you ready? James is the slow turner. Hope says that he died of some infection (yeah, right), and their arrival coincides with the time Tanya was bitten.

Back to the Victor's Secrets Catalogue, I doubt that EVERYBODY will come down on him as secret-hoarding schmuck because others are in on his secrets too.

scbubba
Sep 5th, 2013, 10:28 PM
With Hope lurking around the Hospital there might be a chance that she and CJ make the connection that they shared the same tower. CJ will obviously want to know how she got there. Sean's name will come up, along with the revelation from either Hope or Tanya or Michael that Sean was killed by a set-up by Gate Keeper instead of the Mallers. BOOM! Another skeleton falls out of Victor's closet.

AND, I'm making the call again, you ready? James is the slow turner. Hope says that he died of some infection (yeah, right), and their arrival coincides with the time Tanya was bitten.

Back to the Victor's Secrets Catalogue, I doubt that EVERYBODY will come down on him as secret-hoarding schmuck because others are in on his secrets too.

Hmmm, CJ might not recognize Hope with the bandages on her face and Hope might not have figured out that the screaming one-legged woman is the leader from Dunbar. That would be a cool reveal.

Like the idea of that being how CJ learns about Sean and perhaps moving CJ into an anti-Victor camp.

James is the slow turner??? !!! Brilliant !!! Good deduction, WD. REP coming your way (after I spread some around....)

UndeadSweeper
Sep 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM
He did after all swipe a fresh sat phone and the directory with all the numbers when Kimmet kicked him and Puck out of the C&C.

OHHH!!! I forgot that there still could be Military survivors at the other base, the one Kimmet when to for a time. I don't believe he would pull troops from the other base to help with the battle.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 6th, 2013, 06:00 AM
With bolder and Irwin nuked, Michael would be well served to collect or at a minimum contact those off site. Each one has a story that is important to the WA franchise even though there isn't room in this story arc. I think it would be worth a minute or two of narration to lay out some lose ends. I would love something like Michael talking to Puck about the current story and Muldoon talking to another team in the background.

I suspect that there may be some sort of self-imposed communication silence across the US, possibly globally. This would serve to contain people from heavily infected areas who may try to migrate to safer locations thus increasing the risk of spreading the outbreak. If everyone thinks that EVERYWHERE is doomed then there won't be droves of people all converging into a single safe zone. Of course, I have no idea how such a radio silence would work (nuke the ionosphere? but sat phones work.)

Evidence: Kimmet says in Chapter 34 part 1 17:00, "There was a time in the beginning of all this when we lost entire cities. So before we lost contact with other bases, it was decided that we would have something in place; incase a position got over-run."

So the decision to place the nuke fail-safes in place was made BEFORE the loss of communications. Kimmet wasn't satisfied with just making a stand, he eradicated the last known safe zone. If everyone was doomed then why nuke the post? The best reason that I can think of is to spare everyone the impending death by cannibal. But, I think that there is more to Kimmet's BIG PICTURE than what he leads on.

HardKor
Sep 6th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I'm gonna take a guess that Glenn ends up filling that roll. He seems pretty respected and he certainly had a lot to say about the situation to Victor when they met up at the school. I don't know if...

Cabbage Patch
Sep 6th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Episode #56 is listed as available on the We're Alive site. I'm starting to stream it now.

Grognaurd
Sep 6th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Just showed up as DLing on iPad...

nikvoodoo
Sep 6th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Episode is out now! :)

Raven
Sep 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM

This has come up before on several other threads so I thought everyone was much in agreement about this even if Tanya never said it. Remember Marcus didn't want Hope around and the girl was adjusting to being blind right after losing her mother so there is no reason for Tanya to tell the kid "oh hey that dude that helped save your life? Yeah he totally turned and tried to gnaw on me FYI. I had to put him down with a cocktail but we learned a lot about the turning process. FOR SCIENCE!"

Cabbage Patch
Sep 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
...I'm making the call again, you ready? James is the slow turner. Hope says that he died of some infection (yeah, right), and their arrival coincides with the time Tanya was bitten...

I like the idea of James being the slow-turner. One of the infuriating things about slow-turners was how random it seemed--one case at The Colony, potentially several coming out of Boulder, speculation surrounding Randy, and a chance that Tanya might have been bitten by one. But with the "James slow-turner" theory, and the possibility that there might have been Little Ones at the fall of The Other Tower, it creates the possibility that the slow-turner phenomena is something that comes from the Little Ones.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 6th, 2013, 02:22 PM
This has come up before on several other threads so I thought everyone was much in agreement about this even if Tanya never said it. Remember Marcus didn't want Hope around and the girl was adjusting to being blind right after losing her mother so there is no reason for Tanya to tell the kid "oh hey that dude that helped save your life? Yeah he totally turned and tried to gnaw on me FYI. I had to put him down with a cocktail but we learned a lot about the turning process. FOR SCIENCE!"

Ha ha, I didn't mean to hijack anyone's prediction about James being the slow turner. Sorry if it came across as such. Just bringing a much glossed over, in my opinion, theory to the forefront. I found this brought up about eight times, each one being an 'Ah Ha!' moment by the author. Each time there wasn't much follow up from other forum members; well, nothing like the follow up that leads to many people thinking that Water Works Randy, Dunbar Randy, Tanya-Snatching Randy and Bearded-Brown-Shirt-Pete-attacking zombie are all one in the same.

Osiris
Sep 6th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Good episode, yous guys, and not just because you took my question seriously--though Britt sounded like she might have actually lost sleep thinking about it.

I enjoy listening to yous two, jerks. I don't even really give a shit if you're talking about the show, the board activity, or what you had for lunch. The more time passes and the more you two play off each other with what seems like "a little more ease" with each show. Perhaps you might consider a new segment . . .

Britt Picks. How it works? At the end of each chapter, Britt picks her favourite line or scene from that chapter. Doesn't have to be the episode in question, but the chapter as a whole. But don't just tell us what it was. Tell us WHY!

Nik-picking. How it works? At the end of each chapter, Nik weighs in on that one line or moment from the chapter that makes him go "Seriously . . . what . . . the . . . Eff" and what HE would have done instead.

Just a thought . . . some shit I'd love to hear--and a good way to pad the episode length a tad now that you've dropped the recaps. Honestly, I could listen to yous two jerks all day long.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 6th, 2013, 07:38 PM
BritNik, I was the forum member to mention that KC said in an interview that there might not be any new characters introduced. It was during the live broadcast of WND 53 at 1:12:00. Nick, you didn't miss hearing it, instead you actually commented to KC with the same response that you gave on the most recent WND. That is, where could you get new people to introduce? KC killed off everyone else (save for the Colonists)

Yeah Yeah Yeah, you guys were probably toasted.

Alizée
Sep 6th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Awww. My post finally got a shout out (the character's hobby one) but no name love =,[ Lol!
Seriously though, good episode! I'm so happy to finally be caught up and understand what you guys are talking about when you go through the forum discussions. Monday feels so far awaaaaaaaaay :D

Osiris
Sep 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Awww. My post finally got a shout out (the character's hobby one) but no name love =,[ Lol!
Seriously though, good episode! I'm so happy to finally be caught up and understand what you guys are talking about when you go through the forum discussions. Monday feels so far awaaaaaaaaay :D

It would have sounded like this

Nik: "Ah-Leezy . . . Al-Izzy? Aliz--"
Britt: "ALISTAIR?! *cums*"
Nik: "Jesus, Britt . . ."
Britt: What? Whatever. Look Dragon Age is good, don't be a pain in the nuts."
Nik: ". . . ."
Beez: Super Metroid music
Britt: "Don't do anything weird there, Beez."
Nik: "We really need to get some guests on--"
Britt: "Really anyone at all. We can even call my mom and talk to her--"
Nik: "We totally should! Does she listen to the show?"
Britt: "I hope not."
Nik: "I mean't We're Alive."
Britt: "Oh. I don't know. Maybe we can get Pete to come on."
*crickets*
Britt: "Too soon?"
Nik: "I'm doing my best!"
Britt: "Nobody's sayin' any different, champ."
*crickets*
Britt: "Should we just do a recap?"
Nik: "Please, fuck, yes. Just . . . look everyone, we have nothing to talk about so here's a recap of the last 36 chapters."
Britt: "So episode one starts with Michael--"
*simulated explosion*

Witch_Doctor
Sep 7th, 2013, 02:39 AM

I feel you on the 'no name love'. 99.9% of the time they quote me as 'somebody on the forum'. :cool:

Arch_Will
Sep 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I feel you on the 'no name love'. 99.9% of the time they quote me as 'somebody on the forum'. :cool:

maybe they just afraid of sayin your name... *coughs on his knuckles and strokes his chest.. glorifying in his own shoutout*. mwahahahaa

nikvoodoo
Sep 7th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Now everyone knows one of the shows mainstays is frequently forget who said what and just give up and apologize for taking your idea without proper credit.

As for the live show..... That was forever ago and 4 hours of my life. I barely remember what I did yesterday man...

Witch_Doctor
Sep 7th, 2013, 05:58 PM
maybe they just afraid of sayin your name... *coughs on his knuckles and strokes his chest.. glorifying in his own shoutout*. mwahahahaa

Yeah I thought that they might be afraid of mispronouncing it but they have no problem butchering SCBubba as Scuba, Sc-Bubba, Sc-buddah, scubibbly beebbop or what have you.

Alizée
Sep 7th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah I thought that they might be afraid of mispronouncing it but they have no problem butchering SCBubba as Scuba, Sc-Bubba, Sc-buddah, scubibbly beebbop or what have you.

That's it. A signature change is in order.

Litmaster
Sep 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
FYI: 'Litmaster' is properly pronounced as "Your Majesty".

scbubba
Sep 7th, 2013, 06:39 PM

I really like scubibbly beebbop. I might have to change my username.... :)
Of course, then neither Britt nor nik could pronounce it and I just got Britt trained on SCBubba. :cool:

Great show, guys. Like Osiris said before, I could listen to you guys go on about anything....

I think maybe y'all can add a segment to the show where Britt picks a scene from the recent WA episode and does a "One Woman Show" thing to recreate it...

And what about nik? nik is.... nik is great... :)

Eviebae
Sep 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
EvieBae is only pronounced by Tibetan Monks chanting the world-ending sutra upon beads made from the skulls of the unborn children of their enemies. Unless you are Britt, then it's pronounced Eh-va-beh or some such

Red Shirt
Sep 7th, 2013, 10:17 PM

I was reading it as Scuba like forever, it was actually WND that corrected that for me.

Oh and depending on dialect and regional accents, "Red Shirt" is usually pronounced "Don't Shoot ME!" Though the shortened version of the name is a Wilhelm Scream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PxALy22utc).

scbubba
Sep 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I was reading it as Scuba like forever, it was actually WND that corrected that for me.

Oh and depending on dialect and regional accents, "Red Shirt" is usually pronounced "Don't Shoot ME!" Though the shortened version of the name is a Wilhelm Scream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PxALy22utc).

I swear I heard it pronounced "Come with me." by Capt Kirk on Star Trek.... I must have mis-heard.