PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 37-2- Balance of Power

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:16 AM
Nothing like the smell of home made ether in the morning.....

Discuss 37-2 here :)

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:34 AM
Oh, right! It's Monday! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :D

Alizée
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Oh, right! It's Monday! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :D

It's not Monday, it's MICHAEL DAY! :yay:

Alizée
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Just so I know how much more time I have to post, how long until the new ep comes out?

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
It's not written in stone, but noon eastern time is a good estimate. Sometimes they post early. In any case people usually spam chat as a heads up

LiamKerrington
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
It's not written in stone, but noon eastern time is a good estimate. Sometimes they post early. In any case people usually spam chat as a heads up

Yeah. Right from now on you should keep an eye on the chat. Last Monday #37-1 was available about half an hour before the estimated time on the forum.

And something else: Keep an eye on Kc's WA-facebook-page. Every now and then Kc mentions something like the new episode being available much earlier than usual ... Thi shappened onceor twice during the last season.

Best wishes!
Liam

scbubba
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
The perfect Monday - off work, great weather, and a new WA episode. Awww yeah!

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:22 AM
As has been pointed out, Michael makes chloroform not ether.

My response to that is who says I'm talkin' about the show?

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Yeah. Right from now on you should keep an eye on the chat. Last Monday #37-1 was available about half an hour before the estimated time on the forum.

And something else: Keep an eye on Kc's WA-facebook-page. Every now and then Kc mentions something like the new episode being available much earlier than usual ... Thi shappened onceor twice during the last season.

Best wishes!
Liam

I have got the impression that you merely need a tiny trail to dig up exciting information, man. :)

http://koti.welho.com/z14/sarjakuvat/pics/lucky_luke/rantanplan.jpg

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Uh-oh!

Looks like I am going to die today. Reason, "Loved to Death"

I hope it is an undeath, i love you guys and thanks for the support!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Time to prep up for CJ's surgery / Lizzy giving birth or whatever will happen in chapter 37-2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc

LiamKerrington
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Lizzy giving birth or whatever will happen in chapter 37-2:

Unless there is a certain timetunnel-thing into the future there won't be Herny's appearance ...

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
let it begin! let it begin! :excited::hammer::yay:

EpiEpee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
let it begin! let it begin! :excited::hammer::yay:

It's up! Downloading now.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Two pages already and it hasn't even finished downloading. Fuck.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
I'm pretty sure Kc is taunting us with the broken arm gag.

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
it was just getting good damn it KC

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
I knew Victor was a Buffy fan!

LiamKerrington
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Ok. A lot of stuff to digest. Very intersting episode ...

Witch_Doctor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
I used to think that Michael was just childish and people were being too hard on Pegs, but.... Dayum!
Anyone else thinks she's going to reveal that her Boulder boyfriend turned and either she or Kelly had to smoke him? I bet that the next step isn't taking the fight to the Zombies but finding Scratch and taking the fight to the Mallers.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Good ep.

Litmaster
I just found a picture of Michael back in his Army days:
http://www.lightanddark.net/images/Junky.jpg

Much more later, folks! :cool:

Osiris
I'm starting to have the sinking feeling the season won't end the way I thought it would.

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
yea scratch is going to get hers in spades
pegs is going to end up dying in hand to hand with scratch.
Riley will put an arrow in Scatch's head.

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Um, I think I am going to take a nap and then eat some crow...

I'd fight shoulder to shoulder with Victor, but he plays both sides too well and seems to enjoy it for me to trust him in political entanglements. People like him chew me up in real life.

Th3_T3ch
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
The XL shirt should have been a really good hint to me that they were searching in a pile of Brick's stuff. What I'm thinking about the Colony's future is that it will be a council government, not really oligarchical, but not republic either. It will be some kind of thing where Michael leads the guardians, Recon, and Scav teams. While CJ deals with domestic problems. Leaving Saul to look over the motor pool... again.

Finally we get to Michael finding out about Angel. I'm just worried about Riley's reaction.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Great episode!

With regards to the video tape incident, I guess Michael will ask Victor to ...

http://xwieraus.blogsport.de/images/be_kind_rewind_poster.jpg

HardKor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Alright, so where to begin? <br />
CJ's legs has finally been dealt with. That went a little easier than I expected it to. But it's good to know she's still around, for now at least. And Michael…did some...

clem131
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM

I agree. KC, quit trolling.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
I did the same.

turbo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Great episode. Starting to see the balance of power between everyone is going to be tense.

clem131
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Good one!!! Lots of threads to follow: Michael and Pegs, CJ's leg, Angel and who's gonna be in charge. I love it when things proceed fast. The scavenging trio was lovely, Muldoon is my new favorite...

EpiEpee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Minor point: It looks like Hope is making up for being whiny during the Boulder scenes. If Tanya hadn't sent her home, I think she would have still been there at the surgery, willingly helping out. For a 14 (?) year old kid, that's a lot to experience and a heck of a long day if she was sent out at 10pm.

(Almost said: A lot to see....whoops! But, I do think there is going to be some serious meaning to it when she does finally get to take those bandages off.)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
I did the same.

Here it is, the missing episodes are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_DVDs#Disc_2_3

Gooer
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Oh man......this one hit me right in the feels....first Pegs shooting Michael down, then the video of Angels' execution.....nearly made me cry.....

Tielurrdee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
The XL shirt should have been a really good hint to me that they were searching in a pile of Brick's stuff. What I'm thinking about the Colony's future is that it will be a council government, not really oligarchical, but not republic either. It will be some kind of thing where Michael leads the guardians, Recon, and Scav teams. While CJ deals with domestic problems. Leaving Saul to look over the motor pool... again.

Finally we get to Michael finding out about Angel. I'm just worried about Riley's reaction.
Just thought I'd throw it out there the bricks gave the tape to durai so I'd assume they were searching his place not bricks, good catch tho I thought the same thing an realized that durai is also a xl guy or was haha

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM

I have not looked, but if I was KC, I would have it missing a musical episode as a nod to the fans lol

EpiEpee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Just thought I'd throw it out there the bricks gave the tape to durai so I'd assume they were searching his place not bricks, good catch tho I thought the same thing an realized that durai is also a xl guy or was haha

I guess that means Durai collected baseball cards? I have a hard time picturing that somehow, but it does kind of tie in to collecting ids.

My first thought was Bricks too, but you're right about the tape. Unless they had taken a number of houses worth of stuff to search at once.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM

Oh, I have a feeling we're about to read too much into that line.

Amends dealt with the murder of Jenny Calendar (Giles's girlfriend), Cordie is all "Fuck you, assholes," to everyone (cough cough Pegs cough). The Wish takes us to the doppelgangers. Hmm. Gingerbread is the episode that doesn't fit, so it clearly contains the clue.

I guess I know what I'm doing today. Buffy mini-marathon.

HardKor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM

Amends dealt with the murder of Jenny Calendar (Giles's girlfriend), Cordie is all "Fuck you, assholes," to everyone (cough cough Pegs cough). The Wish takes us to the doppelgangers. Hmm. Gingerbread is the episode that doesn't fit, so it clearly contains the clue.

I guess I know what I'm doing today. Buffy mini-marathon.
It was disc 2 that was missing. That's: Homecoming, Band Candy, Revelations, and Lover's Walk. Not much to analyze there...well Lover's Walk fits, but I'm gonna call it coincidence.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
It was disc 2 that was missing. That's: Homecoming, Band Candy, Revelations, and Lover's Walk. Not much to analyze there...well Lover's Walk fits, but I'm gonna call it coincidence.

Just re-listened. You're right. Could be Homecoming, could be Revelations as well. Lover's Walk would be too obvious. Hmm. Wait. Band Candy! That's the one!

scbubba
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Very good episode. Gonna have to listen again and do some commentary/theorizing.

I will go ahead and take a big ole bite of crow for the "CJ dies on the table" prediction. Missed that one by a country mile.

Pikepaw
Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
I have returned from the dead! So excited about no work today. Line of the show though is: "don't push me I am pregnant!" "Can't use that for everything" In general Saul made me laugh my ass off when he was shooing Lizzie and Riley away, very good wingman bro. Pegs broke my heart, but I understand her reasoning...also Puck was amazing this episode. I have never seen Buffy, but Victor I have siblings who lose discs of seasons...I know the pain. I bet the Mallers scratched their DVD's too...check the player in case they left it there.

At first I was worried Carl had found a bomb, then a radio and we were hearing Scratch live. However the tape might be much more dangerous. I don't think Michael had an hope at this point that Angel was alive, but I wonder if Riley did. She would hold out hope that Angel and Skittles were chilling in a Costco or something, hidden but alive. How will they all react?

Lastly I may be reading too much into relationship drama, but I doubt Lizzie knows how deep the connection between CJ and Saul is. Saul talking her down in a very well acted scene shows just how close the pair are. I am not doubting Saul, he is true to Lizzie till the end, I am wondering if Lizzie will get jealous when she sees how tight the are and if CJ will use her new position of weakness to get more attention from Saul. I sense wacky hi-jinx and even more relationship drama to come.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
:tinfoil:

I guess I know what I'm doing today. Buffy mini-marathon.:tinfoil:

Dude! Over reading is what we do here. I present to you, Band Candy: "...Meanwhile, four vampires enter an unguarded hospital to remove four newborn babies. The teenage researchers arrive at the hospital a little later where Willow phones them from the library and relays to them the discovery that Lurconis eats babies, and Giles remembers that the demon may be found in the sewers.

Down in the sewers, the Mayor, Mr. Trick, and the four vampires are chanting in a ceremony to summon Lurconis. Buffy, Giles and Joyce crash the party underground, and the Mayor quickly flees unnoticed. Buffy defeats the vampires while Giles and Joyce retrieve the babies to safety. Trick escapes and the huge demon appears. Buffy pulls down a gas pipe, igniting a fire that kills Lurconis..." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_Candy)

ArthurLaMarche, Speculate! See that? Mystery Solved.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Just where was CJ's leg cut? Sounds like she was hobbling away from the operating table. Also, I half expected to hear a, "I Love you." from either her or Saul before the operation. I'm just glad that all of screaming has stopped. One more episode of "Arrrgghhhhh!!!! Oh my God!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!" and I would have cut off my own leg.

EpiEpee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
Just where was CJ's leg cut? Sounds like she was hobbling away from the operating table. Also, I half expected to hear a, "I Love you." from either her or Saul before the operation. I'm just glad that all of screaming has stopped. One more episode of "Arrrgghhhhh!!!! Oh my God!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!" and I would have cut off my own leg.

I'm not sure if I'm missing it, but I don't hear anything that sounds like hobbling away. I think her leg would have to have been cut fairly close to her hip, as I believe it was the femoral artery that Scratch cut.

LiamKerrington
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Hello. <br />
<br />
1) <br />
I feel very sorry for Pegs. First her (poor?) choice with Michael; then all the trash that happened in Boulder especially with the loss of her new mate; and then she gets into...

EpiEpee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
2 more thoughts about this episode:

1-Am I correct in understanding that Riley, Pegs, Lizzy, and Kelly are all sharing a house? It wouldn't have surprised me if Riley, Pegs, and Kelly were all roommates, but why aren't Saul and Lizzy sharing their own place? Or are all 5 of them in one house?

2- Why exactly has Victor been trying so hard to not have Angel's death come up? I get that he didn't want to ruin the reunion, but he still doesn't want to let Michael know now? Why does he feel so responsible? Is there something in Victor's past that is making him feel responsible now?

And finally, lame joke on balance of power: chloroform makes CJ dizzy-just one more way she's a bit off-balance now.

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM
2 more thoughts about this episode:

1-Am I correct in understanding that Riley, Pegs, Lizzy, and Kelly are all sharing a house? It wouldn't have surprised me if Riley, Pegs, and Kelly were all roommates, but why aren't Saul and Lizzy sharing their own place? Or are all 5 of them in one house?

2- Why exactly has Victor been trying so hard to not have Angel's death come up? I get that he didn't want to ruin the reunion, but he still doesn't want to let Michael know now? Why does he feel so responsible? Is there something in Victor's past that is making him feel responsible now?

And finally, lame joke on balance of power: chloroform makes CJ dizzy-just one more way she's a bit off-balance now.

They did say that the Mallers stacked people into the houses so they'd have room. There may be no other options than to share.

Cue the over reactions to Pegs. It's a valid point she makes, and she was cold to Michael but surprise surprise: Michale still doesn't really get it. Puck is a nice addition to Michael's life because he barely knows pegs vs. other main characters.

Victor is in a tough spot. Having the Sean knowledge is hard enough, having Angel is another. He probably thinks its best to not bring it up and let everyone think Angel died in the tower collapse. He's right, there needed to be a better time to bring it up and that time was probably never.

Watch out now....Victor and Pegs characters are taking the turn into gaining depth. That means these loveable characters are going to gain a nastier edge we may not like as listeners. Especially Victor.

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM
My first thought was Bricks too, but you're right about the tape. Unless they had taken a number of houses worth of stuff to search at once.

That's a good point, and it made me remember about the Mallers penchant for collecting I.D.'s. I wonder what other past Evil Schemes our guys will dig up that have been cluttering Durai's closet...

At first I was worried Carl had found a bomb, then a radio and we were hearing Scratch live. However the tape might be much more dangerous. I don't think Michael had an hope at this point that Angel was alive, but I wonder if Riley did. She would hold out hope that Angel and Skittles were chilling in a Costco or something, hidden but alive. How will they all react?.

Pikepaw's back! About the Angel tape, all I gotta say is they should hide all the booze in the Colony before telling Riley...

I'm not sure if I'm missing it, but I don't hear anything that sounds like hobbling away. I think her leg would have to have been cut fairly close to her hip, as I believe it was the femoral artery that Scratch cut.

I think it's near her hip as well, somewhere along C.J.'s thigh... her young, plump, succulent thigh, glistening with sweat--

--uh, what? Er, sorry. Imagination took over a bit there. About C.J.'s leg, all I gotta say is PLEASE KC GIVE HER A LONG STILETTO PEG LEG WITH A PINK ROLLER SKATE ON THE BOTTOM!

Gooer
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM

Victor says at the end that he wanted everything to settle down before he told them about Angel.

Also, think I heard on WND that the title for this episode is a double meaning :P

EpiEpee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Victor says at the end that he wanted everything to settle down before he told them about Angel.

Also, think I heard on WND that the title for this episode is a double meaning :P

I know Victor says he wanted to let everything settle down, but I guess I agree with NikVoodoo that there was never really was going to be a good time to tell people about Angel. I just thought maybe there were additional reasons for the secrecy, especially given our lack of knowledge of Victor's back story (if you don't believe he was an insurance salesman, which I think is still up for debate).

And yes, the chloroform comment was a reference to the acknowledged double meaning. Maybe I should have been clearer :-)

cupcakezombie
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Cue the over reactions to Pegs. It's a valid point she makes, and she was cold to Michael but surprise surprise: Michale still doesn't really get it. Puck is a nice addition to Michael's life because he barely knows pegs vs. other main characters.

Victor is in a tough spot. Having the Sean knowledge is hard enough, having Angel is another. He probably thinks its best to not bring it up and let everyone think Angel died in the tower collapse. He's right, there needed to be a better time to bring it up and that time was probably never.

Watch out now....Victor and Pegs characters are taking the turn into gaining depth. That means these loveable characters are going to gain a nastier edge we may not like as listeners. Especially Victor.
I agree. I am not sure how this is all going to go down, but my feeling is that Michael is really going to have to learn how to ask for help. He has shown us that he can, but trust and emotional connection are what I think he still needs. This includes both Pegs and Victor and the entire group of survivors he wants to lead/help.

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:33 PM
I also want to say the audio "trick" with CJ going under listening to music fading into the pulsating tone was very well done.

cupcakezombie
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
I know Victor says he wanted to let everything settle down, but I guess I agree with NikVoodoo that there was never really was going to be a good time to tell people about Angel. I just thought maybe there were additional reasons for the secrecy, especially given our lack of knowledge of Victor's back story (if you don't believe he was an insurance salesman, which I think is still up for debate). )

For Victor this knowledge really is power, but remember that Lizzy also has this knowledge as well, so it is not just him holding it back right now. however, given Vics reaction it may not be just that this is not the right time, but not the right time for him..

In a way there were a lot of subtle shifts of power in this episode, CJ needing Saul (even though she never said it, she was asking him for help), Michael and Pegs (he will have to chase her now if he wants anything) and Victor and Michael (I am not sure Victor is going to be content to just follow any more)

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
C.J. and Saul
It definitely sounded like there was something more than mere friendship going on between C.J. and Saul just before she went under the knife. We know about her attraction, but his "I'm not going anywhere" was kind of surprising. Would add an interesting twist if C.J. tries to kiss him again and is overseen by Lizzy...
http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cat-fight.jpg

Impending Power Struggle
Something has got to be done about the leadership of the Colony; this egalitarian honeymoon period isn't going to last long. But it's true that Michael has a bit too much baggage to be an effective leader of the Colony people (how many are there, anyway?). Still, what is the alternative? Burt isn't going to do it, and there is no suitable rival to Michael's claim to leadership...

...except C.J., who is ideally suited to be the 'mind' of the operation, particularly since her body is now compromised. She was always shit at execution, anyway. My guess is there is going to be a brief period of 'divided camps' with the Towerites / Irwinites / Colonites separating in their respective groups, then a town hall meeting of sorts to vote for a suitable leader, which should end up being C.J., if any of those dumbasses value their lives...

Saul... What's Up with the Music, dude?
What's up with Saul's shitty 1980's-era Buttrock? I would've taken him for a hip hop or R&B man... maybe 'smooth jazz' or something. But that shit was just horrible! [uh, and sorry Kc if I just insulted your cousin's band; understand you can't use licensed music in the podcast]. And did you guys catch the lyrics? Something about getting back at some 'holly roller'; could this have some deeper meaning in terms of the plot?

Actor's Recording Schedule
This point occurred to me from hearing Riley deliver only, what, 2 lines in this episode. So in terms of a recording schedule, I'm guessing that Kc would have had Claire Dodin recording these lines in a previous session... perhaps even during the recording of last season's finale. I doubt he would ask her to drive an hour or so all the way over to the studio to just give 2 lines and that's it. I'd be interested to hear how Kc coordinates his recording schedule in these instances...

Pegs is a HO
It seems that Muldoon has accidentally come across a picture of Pegs from back in her Boulder days:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/CtrlAltieDel/Bama/Opponents/Slams/AttentionWhoreBus.jpg

Angel--Revenge Motive?
I don't necessarily think that the discovery of Angel's execution is going to lead to a witch hunt of Scratch and the remaining Mallers. It just doesn't make any sense and would be a foolish risk at this point. I do think it's probably that we may get a partial glimpse into Scratch's current doings so the story doesn't go stale with the camera entirely on the Colony clean-up efforts.

Puck is Da MAN!
And finally, Puck deserves the 'Dean Martin Toast of Approval' for his 'Mad Men'-esque usage of the word "[I]BROAD"...
http://pdxretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dean-Martin-drink_thumb.jpg

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
I listened to the episode at the gym. Yes, Victor is gaining more depth, he got a new facade, he is concerned about the whole colony situation. Very interesting.

And guys, come on, do not blame Michael for everything. He has not changed that much over the seasons. So it is feasible to adapt to such kind of behavior. However, he (maybe unwillingly) does what a leader has to do - which means that he sometimes has to serve as a lightning rod. Without him, he would not have a season 4.

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
This point occurred to me from hearing Riley deliver only, what, 2 lines in this episode. So in terms of a recording schedule, I'm guessing that Kc would have had Claire Dodin recording these lines in a previous session... perhaps even during the recording of last season's finale. I doubt he would ask her to drive an hour or so all the way over to the studio to just give 2 lines and that's it. I'd be interested to hear how Kc coordinates his recording schedule in these instances... [if he doesn't answer here I'll just re-post in the 'Ask Him Yourself' thread]

I'm pretty sure they record multiple chapters. So when they had their recording session they would have done 37&38.

Pegs is a HO

See? Pegs overreaction!! ;)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
C.J. and Saul
It definitely sounded like there was something more than mere friendship going on between C.J. and Saul just before she went under the knife. We know about her attraction, but his "I'm not going anywhere" was kind of surprising. Would add an interesting twist if C.J. tries to kiss him again and is overseen by Lizzy...
http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cat-fight.jpg

Impending Power Struggle

Something has got to be done about the leadership of the Colony; this egalitarian honeymoon period isn't going to last long. But it's true that Michael has a bit too much baggage to be an effective leader of the Colony people (how many are there, anyway?). Still, what is the alternative? Burt isn't going to do it, and there is no suitable rival to Michael's claim to leadership...

...except C.J., who is ideally suited to be the 'mind' of the operation, particularly since her body is now compromised. She was always shit at execution, anyway. My guess is there is going to be a brief period of 'divided camps' with the Towerites / Irwinites / Colonites separating in their respective groups, then a town hall meeting of sorts to vote for a suitable leader, which should end up being C.J., if any of those dumbasses value their lives...

Saul... What's Up with the Music, dude?
What's up with Saul's shitty 1980's-esque Buttrock? I would've taken him for a hip hop or R&B man... maybe 'smooth jazz' or something. But that shit was just horrible! [uh, and sorry Kc if I just insulted your cousin's band; understand you can't use licensed music in the podcast]. And did you guys catch the lyrics? Something about getting back at some 'holly roller'; could this have some deeper meaning in terms of the plot?

This point occurred to me from hearing Riley deliver only, what, 2 lines in this episode. So in terms of a recording schedule, I'm guessing that Kc would have had Claire Dodin recording these lines in a previous session... perhaps even during the recording of last season's finale. I doubt he would ask her to drive an hour or so all the way over to the studio to just give 2 lines and that's it. I'd be interested to hear how Kc coordinates his recording schedule in these instances...

Pegs is a HO
It seems that Muldoon has accidentally come across a picture of Pegs from back in her Boulder days:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/CtrlAltieDel/Bama/Opponents/Slams/AttentionWhoreBus.jpg

Angel--Revenge Motive?
I don't necessarily think that the discovery of Angel's execution is going to lead to a witch hunt of Scratch and the remaining Mallers. It just doesn't make any sense and would be a foolish risk at this point. I do think it's probably that we may get a partial glimpse into Scratch's current doings so the story doesn't go stale with the camera entirely on the Colony clean-up efforts.

Puck is Da MAN!
And finally, Puck deserves the 'Dean Martin Toast of Approval' for his 'Mad Men'-esque usage of the word "[I]BROAD"...

Your are so fucking excellent in so many ways. Cannot rep you at the moment, sorry!

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure they record multiple chapters. So when they had their recording session they would have done 37&38.

See? Pegs overreaction!! ;)

From what I understand, Nik is entirely correct. They record in big blocks, multiple chapters.

Hellbringer
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Um, I think I am going to take a nap and then eat some crow...

I'd fight shoulder to shoulder with Victor, but he plays both sides too well and seems to enjoy it for me to trust him in political entanglements. People like him chew me up in real life.

In this episode, Victor kind of reminded me of those people on "Big Brother." And not the "Big Brother" from that one Doctor Who episode, either...

Don't worry, Vic(ky). I still like you, but I'm watching you because I think you'll take more than just my insurance rates to a lower rate.

Duffusmonkey
Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Victor is racked with guilt over what happened to the colony. He has to be hearing about new atrocites every day. One way to keep his sanity to start beleiving the &quot;He made me do it&quot; theory. ...

cupcakezombie
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Pegs is a HO
[IIMG]

Please be careful where this conversation goes.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
I'm really only here to talk about CJ's thighs, and Victor's secret Faith fetish.

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Please be careful where this conversation goes.

Wait! Don't leave, Cupcake. Don't want to offend the female contingent of our Forum. Just a little pissed at Pegs right now...

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
I cannot believe Lizzy failed Angel so. Sure, victor just helped rescue her, but she does not know him at all and she suddenly agrees with him without so much as a BUT?. WTF?

Ok, I am not a therapist, but I do not think it is a good idea. Either she does or she as been hypnotized

I do not know what to call it, but in several instances characters have been able to plant suggestions. Cabbage Patch has floated the theory that the families are like vampires and my idea of deep sleep is similar to having been fed on. Now we get the 2x4 up the head of Buffy the vampire slayer.

In vampire game theory there are the eldest and most powerful vampires. Each generation is less powerful. Eventually, one gets to zombies / ghouls mindless. The vampire soul / spark is diluted away.

I was so-so with the idea. But, convincing a therapist not to discuss feelings and just leaving that gernade to go off in an uncontrolled situation is a pretty powerful whammy

I want to tie this to my silly theory that "the Families" Scratch mentions in 29-3 are actually vampires. The more inexplicable hard sleep cases might then be explained as a reaction to being fed upon by one of the vampires. Assume Burt actually arrived at his store while Scratc/Latch/Durai was there, was fed on, but survived because they were interrupted by the zombies. Michael, Riley and Tanya were fed on by Angel, who only took enough to get by. The other cases, Kalani, Datu and Saul, already have plausible explanations.

Like I said, a silly theory that probably won't stand the light of day.

Raven
Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
My comments on the epi

First what the heck is going on with living arrangements? When Micheal went to visit Pegs and we heard that Lizzy, Pegs, Riley AND Kelly all crashing together? I know they said many of the houses were damaged or claimed by the Mallers but that still seems a bit off to me. Does that mean that all the remaining Irwin ppl are bunking up too? They do seem to be lumped together and taken Victor into the fold.

Victor: Seriously PO'ed with Micheal in a way I did not expect. I think we will be hearing more from the remaining colonist about time under the Mallers that he is blaming on Micheal. It is much easier to blame someone else then deal with the guilt that he left all these people that he lived with....

As far as the tape Micheal does say he didn't see anyone really in the two days that have passed. People tended to themselves and he would have been much more likely to get a run down from Saul then Victor so it is very possible this is the first time Victor saw Micheal in the two days. Remember the colony was under attack from the moment they took it so I am sure there are plenty of people catching Victor up on events.

Speaking of Guilt I expect to hear tons of it pouring off Michael. So much for "never leave a man behind" he now found out that he left 4! Well 5 but I don't think Lizzy really counts. Now that he knows about Angel I think it will put a lot in perspective for him as far as his own desire to lead and his history of leading groups of civilians.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Puck is Da MAN!
And finally, Puck deserves the 'Dean Martin Toast of Approval' for his 'Mad Men'-esque usage of the word "BROAD"...

Puck reminds me of a character from an old World War Two movie. I keep expecting him to see if someone has turned by asking them who won the 1937 World Series or what's Mae West's bust size.

clem131
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
I am having a hard time imagining what kind of objections the colonists could have against Michael. I mean, how are they going to phrase it? "You should have let us kill you, instead you fought your way out to survive!!! You're a HORRIBLE PERSON!!1!11"
Or maybe "Not only you escape when we tried to kill you, but you also come here and save all our asses? You really are something! I hate you!" *runs towards the sunset crying*
Seriously, if they ended up with the Mallers it's because they were a compilation of assholes. They got "the spot they deserved", and short of saying "you should have let us kill you" I don't see a credible way for them to justify being mad at Michael. But I accept they will anyway, 'cause I love the show, and since they are, again, a compilation of assholes.

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
I am having a hard time imagining what kind of objections the colonists could have against Michael. I mean, how are they going to phrase it? "You should have let us kill you, instead you fought your way out to survive!!! You're a HORRIBLE PERSON!!1!11"
Or maybe "Not only you escape when we tried to kill you, but you also come here and save all our asses? You really are something! I hate you!" *runs towards the sunset crying*
Seriously, if they ended up with the Mallers it's because they were a compilation of assholes. They got "the spot they deserved", and short of saying "you should have let us kill you" I don't see a credible way for them to justify being mad at Michael. But I accept they will anyway, 'cause I love the show, and since they are, again, a compilation of assholes.

Don't forget that Gatekeeper lied to them. In their minds Michael killed Marcus and left them weak to a Maller take over. All the things that have gone wrong since August could easily be pinned on Michael.

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Don't forget that Gatekeeper lied to them. In their minds Michael killed Marcus and left them weak to a Maller take over. All the things that have gone wrong since August could easily be pinned on Michael.

Yup, they have been told he was to blame and it is not much of a leap to say he called the mallers on purpose.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
As far as the living arrangements, my guess is that, as new comers, Saul et al don't have first dibs on the houses. Or, they may just be visiting. Or, the houses are big and spacious with room for many, as opposed to apartments.
Also interesting is that Pegs pointed out that she was in Boulder LONGER than she knew Michael. Could any of the group pick up from when they last parted, in terms of their friendship?(Of course Lizzy & Saul & his mom.) Also, we may too hard on Pegs because she lose someone after all. After listening to her last few lines sound as if she might be dealing with that loss as opposed to simply being confused about her feelings for Michael. I can't help but to wonder if her boyfriend was turned and maybe she or Kelly had to kill him. She didn't go into details over what happened to him. Losing someone is traumatic, remember Riley losing Angel? They only knew each other for a couple of months too.

Anyone else catch how KC squashed any speculation that might arise that one of the surviving Blackhawk crew, or Datu is Peg's boyfriend? Michael asks if her lover is in the Colony.

cupcakezombie
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Wait! Don't leave, Cupcake. Don't want to offend the female contingent of our Forum. Just a little pissed at Pegs right now...

Not leaving, just don't want conversation to digress into the wrong territory. We are all good

Bakkie-Pleur
Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:57 PM
I listened to the episode at the gym.

Planning to make some sweat bottles ;) ?

Hellbringer
Sep 2nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
I also want to say the audio "trick" with CJ going under listening to music fading into the pulsating tone was very well done.

The only thing that would have made that part better for me would have been having a song from Left 4 Dead's "The Midnight Riders" playing.

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Syncyed Episode Listening

As a side note, since it was the Labor Day holiday here in the States, I had the day off today and was ready to listen to the episode as soon as it dropped. A couple of other people-- Liam and Alizee-- were also waiting around with me, so we decided to go over to the VIP room and all listen to the episode together in sync; that way, we could post our immediate reaction as we got them and were all listening to the same thing together, at the same time.

It worked really well and was a lot of fun... much more so than listening to the episode alone and then commenting after the fact. I encourage other Forum members to try this next week, as it's a great way to enjoy the series with other friends! It's almost as if you're all in the same room...

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Labor Day

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Labor Day

Edited. Sorry... disregard. I'm stupid.

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Edited. Sorry... disregard. I'm stupid.

Stupid? Nah. Me, I have been unemployed a while, so I feel guilty on labor day lol

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
What, only 8 pages after 7 hours?? Where is everybody?! We should be on page 20 or so by now....

Raven
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Adventureless Hero and I used to do that early last season. Where the heck is that guy anyway? Glad to see so many people enjoying the holiday and the episode. I expect there will be much more breaking down and over analyzing tomorrow.

Merlin1274
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Awesome as usual.. Pegs was rather colder then I would have expected. I think she maybe lying about moving on. Victor is pointing fingers because he does not want to take any blame. Michael was quick...

Kc
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
The band featured in this episode was "Feste" http://www.reverbnation.com/festemusic - I really like their music and they're all friends of mine. Check em out if you enjoyed them.

And if your name is Litmaster... then... well... "tread lightly". ;)

Duffusmonkey
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Its a shame that KC can't use copywrited music withour paying a bunch for it.
When CJ was going under the knife all I could think of Iron Maiden "Die with your boots on" from the Piece of Mind Album.

Hellbringer
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
The band featured in this episode was "Feste" http://www.reverbnation.com/festemusic - I really like their music and they're all friends of mine. Check em out if you enjoyed them.

well, they have a song on the site called "Midnight Ride." Guess that's close enough for my Left 4 Dead reference.

Litmaster
Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM

Eeegh, well... *loosens collar* .... I actually didn't mind them that much, I just....

Really, not so bad...

*ducks out door, red-faced*

Raven
Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
I will admit my response to Litmasters "spoiler" was to laugh and promptly go "nahhh definitely more likely that was Kelly pre-law school" ;)

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:14 PM
I will admit my response to Litmasters "spoiler" was to laugh and promptly go "nahhh definitely more likely that was Kelly pre-law school" ;)

Note to self: Ask Tammy if Kelly would strike that pose.

Storm
Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:29 PM

Aww, looks like they're only available on iTunes... RIght?
I like what I've heard of it so far, so... :)

CitizenSoldier
Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Todays podcast was full of buildup and emotion....cant wait till the next one!!! I wanna know if there will be any release! Or is it all build up now 0_o

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
I am just curious about the production calendar. In the past it always had when the next episode on. this time its empty. just wondering that's all.

MGM Ray
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Am I the only one in here that thinks Pegs had every right to drop Michael like a hot potato? Before Pegs left for Boulder it was pretty obvious to me that she was cutting ties with him. It's not like he offered her much along the lines of affection and support. Now granted he had other $hit going on but he wasn't the most attentive guy.

Pegs seems to me to be the overly attached type of girlfriend and that kind of woman needs a whole lot more the Michael was willing or able to give. Now that things have settled down a bit he heads over for a booty call and gets high rim rejected. Time to move on Michael, you need a different kind of woman in your life.

http://i.imgur.com/Griv253.jpg

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Am I the only one in here that thinks Pegs had every right to drop Michael like a hot potato? Before Pegs left for Boulder it was pretty obvious to me that she was cutting ties with him. It's not like he offered her much along the lines of affection and support. Now granted he had other $hit going on but he wasn't the most attentive guy.

Pegs seems to me to be the overly attached type of girlfriend and that kind of woman needs a whole lot more the Michael was willing or able to give. Now that things have settled down a bit he heads over for a booty call and gets high rim rejected. Time to move on Michael, you need a different kind of woman in your life.

http://i.imgur.com/Griv253.jpg

so not saving everybody asses is enough to get a little attention from his ex. did you forget that he did write to her and was worry about when all hell broke loose in Colorado. it was like she did a 180 from being grateful for being saved to what have you done for me lately. Hell, Kelly was more warm to Micheal than Pegs was.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
I am just curious about the production calendar. In the past it always had when the next episode on. this time its empty. just wondering that's all.

The man has a wedding to think about. Give him a break! Straight up though, I've been wondering too.

MGM Ray
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
so not saving everybody asses is enough to get a little attention from his ex. did you forget that he did write to her and was worry about when all hell broke loose in Colorado. it was like she did a 180 from being grateful for being saved to what have you done for me lately. Hell, Kelly was more warm to Micheal than Pegs was.

To little to late. Writing letters after letting her go without a fight is indicative of a don't give a shit about the relationship attitude. Worrying about her while she's in Colorado and not when she's here with him to experience the caring isn't going to score him any points either.

Bro is hurting but he should of seen it coming from miles away. You don't let her get on a bus to Boulder without a fight if you're going to get all butthurt when she gets back in town and isn't giving you the come hither eyes. Michael needs a different kind of woman. The Riley or CJ type, a woman who can lay down some cover fire when the $hit gets real! Pegs isn't and never will be that kind of woman, hell she's anti-gun for gods sake!

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:10 PM
To little to late. Writing letters after letting her go without a fight is indicative of a don't give a shit about the relationship attitude. Worrying about her while she's in Colorado and not when she's here with him to experience the caring isn't going to score him any points either.

Bro is hurting but he should of seen it coming from miles away. You don't let her get on a bus to Boulder without a fight if you're going to get all butthurt when she gets back in town and isn't giving you the come hither eyes. Michael needs a different kind of woman. The Riley or CJ type, a woman who can lay down some cover fire when the $hit gets real! Pegs isn't and never will be that kind of woman, hell she's anti-gun for gods sake!

I agree. that Pegs is a wrong choice for Micheal. but, still would have been nice if she was just a little more affectionate to him. I always thought Pegs was mismatched with Micheal. Now Riley might be if she can come to terms with the feeling that she had for Angel, She might blame Micheal for not going back. Cj maybe but i think she has a bigger pair than he does. I think Tanya could give Micheal a run for his money. She seems to be able to hold her own with Micheal. Wouldn't that be a hoot

MGM Ray
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
I agree. that Pegs is a wrong choice for Micheal. but, still would have been nice if she was just a little more affectionate to him. I always thought Pegs was mismatched with Micheal. Now Riley might be if she can come to terms with the feeling that she had for Angel, She might blame Micheal for not going back. Cj maybe but i think she has a bigger pair than he does. I think Tanya could give Micheal a run for his money. She seems to be able to hold her own with Micheal. Wouldn't that be a hoot

Tanya! Wouldn't that be a hoot, Cougar Alert!!! Yeah I agree, Pegs was a tad frigid at the door, she could have been a bit more cordial . I have to agree with your CJ theory though, she has one less leg than Michael but may have bigger balls!

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:40 PM
Tanya! Wouldn't that be a hoot, Cougar Alert!!! Yeah I agree, Pegs was a tad frigid at the door, she could have been a bit more cordial . I have to agree with your CJ theory though, she has one less leg than Michael but may have bigger balls!

Then the only problem might be Saul.. Would Micheal have Saul call him Dad? then that would make Lizzie son Micheal's grandson. Oh I could hear the banjos starting to tune up.

MrRedBeard
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM

Bahahaha exactly

EpiEpee
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM

I can't picture Michael with Tanya. Now, if Burt were to think that Shirley wanted him to move on, maybe Burt and Tanya? Burt did seem to like Tanya's sass when they first met!

Drannix99
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
Puck is my new favorite character, the guy has some of the best lines so far this season. He is like a Boston version of Saul.
Anyway Just listened to the latest episode. A couple of thoughts:
1. I get that no one told her. But if her leg is black why would she begin to think that she could save it.
2. I would like to know how many people, not including the lead characters, are left in the colony? The team is a pretty decent number (14). There were about 30+ reported in the colony from previous episodes (or am I mis counting?). After losses to the mallers and the two zombie attacks, the numbers should be closer together to the point that the number of the original colony's members should be close to that of the main cast.
3. Why is Victor constantly pushing the issue of the people not following Michael? Is it because he wants to lead? What is he worried about? And why is it he who keeps bringing it up?
4. Pegz is a biyatch. But I can't be too mad at her. Cause Michael has been acting like a 14yr old when it comes to how he deals with her.
5. Where the hell is Kelly?
So far the first two episodes are moving things in the story along about as fast as the second season of The Walking Dead. I hope that the discovery of the Video will be the catalyst to instigate discussion among the group. Because as Michael has stated, no one is talking right now.

PS. Am I a terrible person for secretly wanting them to attach a Gun to CJ's leg stump a la Rose Mcgowan in Planet Terror .
......I am a terrible person aren't I....
....I'm sorry....
(walks away in shame)

Kc
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:21 PM

We'll get on that this week I think. We were a bit discreet about it because of my leave of absence next week, but everything's been going as planned so I can fill in the rest of the tentative calendar.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Puck is my new favorite character, the guy has some of the best lines so far this season. He is like a Boston version of Saul.
Anyway Just listened to the latest episode. A couple of thoughts:
1. I get that no one told her. But if her leg is black why would she begin to think that she could save it.
2. I would like to know how many people, not including the lead characters, are left in the colony? The team is a pretty decent number (14). There were about 30+ reported in the colony from previous episodes (or am I mis counting?). After losses to the mallers and the two zombie attacks, the numbers should be closer together to the point that the number of the original colony's members should be close to that of the main cast.
3. Why is Victor constantly pushing the issue of the people not following Michael? Is it because he wants to lead? What is he worried about? And why is it he who keeps bringing it up?
4. Pegz is a biyatch. But I can't be too mad at her. Cause Michael has been acting like a 14yr old when it comes to how he deals with her.
5. Where the hell is Kelly?
So far the first two episodes are moving things in the story along about as fast as the second season of The Walking Dead. I hope that the discovery of the Video will be the catalyst to instigate discussion among the group. Because as Michael has stated, no one is talking right now.

PS. Am I a terrible person for secretly wanting them to attach a Gun to CJ's leg stump a la Rose Mcgowan in Planet Terror .
......I am a terrible person aren't I....
....I'm sorry....
(walks away in shame)

I just asked Tammy, and she just sent back smileys. I'm not sure what that means. Maybe Kelly finally hooked up with someone in the tower.

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
my prediction for the future episodes

Hope will help with CJ rehab. in turn since Hope operation might or might not have worked (there is a reason why I said might or might not have worked. can you guess why?) . CJ teaches Hope to fight blind with the Katana.
Mr Fix-it Datu will craft a prosthetic leg for CJ that is just as good as her own.With a built sheath for a slightly modified Wakizashi or Tanto. (just in case some of you don't know that the Wakizashi is a short sward to the Katana and the Tanto is more like a knife.)

Kelly and Victor will get it on hot and heavy.
Riley will go hunting for Scratch after viewing the video of Scratch killing Angel. She will disappear and never to be seen or heard from again after putting a final arrow in Scratch's head (she uses almost a whole quiver of arrows pinning Scratch to the wall.

what you think KC? :excited::hammer::omgomg:

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:39 PM
I would be surprised if Michael let's Riley get her hands on the video. She's got enough issues already. He'd do it if he was a total asshole . . .

Nex
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:39 PM
I have a rant to make.

I am sure I am not the only one with this feeling. We're alive is the "Breaking Bad" of Audio Dramas. It is the best audio drama out there. But two episodes of season 4 are in and I don't see much action; which I expected a lot. I think many people expect a fast paced storyline and twists in last season.

With audience expectations so high, the last episodes have felt bit watered down for me. And there's been no progress whatsover in areas of revealing zombie secrets and action.

/*ends rant*/

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
I would be surprised if Michael let's Riley get her hands on the video. She's got enough issues already. He'd do it if he was a total asshole . . .

he might not know or have not a choice, in the matter

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:43 PM
I have a rant to make.

I am sure I am not the only one with this feeling. We're alive is the "Breaking Bad" of Audio Dramas. It is the best audio drama out there. But two episodes of season 4 are in and I don't see much action; which I expected a lot. I think many people expect a fast paced storyline and twists in last season.

With audience expectations so high, the last episodes have felt bit watered down for me. And there's been no progress whatsover in areas of revealing zombie secrets and action.

/*ends rant*/

this is how Kc plays it. he likes to get you all cozy and comfy then he lets all hell break loose

Osiris
he might know or have a choice, in the matter

True. I'd put my money on Saul showing it to her. Mike seems to be a little protective of her.

Red Shirt

I noticed that he said "nearly broken off," not just "broken."

First what the heck is going on with living arrangements? When Micheal went to visit Pegs and we heard that Lizzy, Pegs, Riley AND Kelly all crashing together? I know they said many of the houses were damaged or claimed by the Mallers but that still seems a bit off to me. Does that mean that all the remaining Irwin ppl are bunking up too? They do seem to be lumped together and taken Victor into the fold.

Survivor's separation anxiety is my guess. They are '"safe-ish" at the Colony, but they probably feel safer bunking together given all that they have been through before.

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
True. I'd put my money on Saul showing it to her. Mike seems to be a little protective of her.

dont forget about Burt or Lizzie, hell even Victor might.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
I noticed that he said "nearly broken off," not just "broken."

Pretty much implies a fight for his life, huh?

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
dont forget about Burt or Lizzie, hell even Victor might.

Victor was working hard to keep the tape out of anyone's hands up to that point. Even when he was fighting with Mike. Burt? I don't know, I don't think he'd have a reason to hurt Riley that way. I couldn't see Lizzie doing it. It's definitely something Angel would do. Wait. Awww man. :(

Cabbage Patch
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM

This is an excellent point. It's not what Michael did--his group couldn't possibly have carried away enough weaponry to have decisively weaken the Colony, and we already know that the Tower was hearing radio broadcasts from the Colony, so the Mallers, who were actively monitoring radio frequencies, probably already had a good idea of where they were. But that's not what the Mallers and Gatekeeper have told the Colonists, and those folks have had nothing else to base their opinions on.

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:51 PM
The man has a wedding to think about. Give him a break! Straight up though, I've been wondering too.

didnt he get married already?
just kidding Kc, enjoy Blaire's wedding.LOL

Red Shirt
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:52 PM

Kinda getting a Between a Rock and a Hard Place/127 Hours vibe. Certainly one of the older elephant in the room plot points.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:55 PM
Kinda getting a Between a Rock and a Hard Place/127 Hours vibe. Certainly one of the older elephant in the room plot points.

Yeah. I never bought into that one.

werewolf
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Victor was working hard to keep the tape out of anyone's hands up to that point. Even when he was fighting with Mike. Burt? I don't know, I don't think he'd have a reason to hurt Riley that way. I couldn't see Lizzie doing it. It's definitely something Angel would do. Wait. Awww man. :(

Secrets like that have a way of surfacing. (Believe me, I am dealing with some personal crap myself. things might have been different if I had known early on in my life.) it would better she found out early on than wait until later. No matter how good they think that are doing it would end up hurting Riley worst later.
she wouldn't be able to trust them, cause they didn't trust her. In the end it would be up to Riley whether or not she did anything. not them.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Secrets like that have a way of surfacing. (Believe me, I am dealing with some personal crap myself. things might have been different if I had known early on in my life.) it would better she found out early on than wait until later. No matter how good they think that are doing it would end up hurting Riley worst later.
she wouldn't be able to trust them, cause they didn't trust her. In the end it would be up to Riley whether or not she did anything. not them.

It's kind of inevitable that she's going to find out. But, I'd be of the mind that no matter when, or how she finds out, she's going to blame them for holding the information back from her, she's going to get ragey, and she's going to either sink to the bottom of a bottle, or she's going to engage in a balls-out vendetta. I'd actually like to see her slip into the bottle, and "watch" her character deal with that as opposed to mirroring Scratch's own revenge quest.

clem131
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:26 PM

But he's there now, and he can set things straight. Victor knows what happened and it didn't take much to convince Pete and Glenn ("I'm not surprised." "Told ya!" and it's done. They knew Bixby and Gatekeeper). Plus, in any case, everyone must agree that they were about to kill Michael, and there is no way they can make a serious objection on that: they tried to kill him, he reacted accordingly. If they had been a strong united group in the first place, 100+ armed people could have repelled the Mallers easily. I understand your (and their's) point, but it is something coming from their guts with no logic in it. I know there will be a discussion on it and Michael will get the blame, I just think it will be one side talking reason and the other one talking BS like "if we did not call you you'd be dead in Irwin". Yeah, the colony is the only place they could land at, nowhere else has enough space in California. Right.
If I were Michael I'd just say goodbye and hunker down in Dunbar, let those assholes keep growing tomatoes in their little pen.

clem131
Sep 2nd, 2013, 11:32 PM
This is an excellent point. It's not what Michael did--his group couldn't possibly have carried away enough weaponry to have decisively weaken the Colony, and we already know that the Tower was hearing radio broadcasts from the Colony, so the Mallers, who were actively monitoring radio frequencies, probably already had a good idea of where they were. But that's not what the Mallers and Gatekeeper have told the Colonists, and those folks have had nothing else to base their opinions on.

I thought of that too, but Glenn and Pete were easy enough to convince. Anyway, I know this is where the story is going, I just needed to vent a bit about it, since I can't do it in the story itself :P I do that all the time with fiction. Maybe I should see someone about that. :P

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:45 AM
Syncyed Episode Listening

As a side note, since it was the Labor Day holiday here in the States, I had the day off today and was ready to listen to the episode as soon as it dropped. A couple of other people-- Liam and Alizee-- were also waiting around with me, so we decided to go over to the VIP room and all listen to the episode together in sync; that way, we could post our immediate reaction as we got them and were all listening to the same thing together, at the same time.

It worked really well and was a lot of fun... much more so than listening to the episode alone and then commenting after the fact. I encourage other Forum members to try this next week, as it's a great way to enjoy the series with other friends! It's almost as if you're all in the same room...

This was super cool! I'm used to not knowing anyone I can blab to about WA in the moment. Usually someone will come into the room and ask me why I'm covering my mouth/crying/hyperventilating with laughter and I'm just like, "...it's a good show...you wouldn't understand". Sad moment.
Thanks for making my WA experience even more kickass, guys!
AND CJ. UNF. :cool:

On the topic of the actual episode, I've been listening to the last five minutes of it over and over again - sometimes focusing on the main conflict between Michael/Victor/Puck, other times focusing on the reactions in the background. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I listened really hard and I didn't hear a single crow when we hear Scratch's voice. I heard lots of songbirds but no crow. I was surprised by this. Maybe it's just because she wasn't physically there in person?

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:51 AM
What, only 8 pages after 7 hours?? Where is everybody?! We should be on page 20 or so by now....

Since I stayed up until 11am MST waiting for the episode to drop, then the post-freak out, I didn't wake up until 9pm. Whoops!
I'm having a blast reading through everyone's comments though. Also, I think it's just so awesome that Z Sniper is on here reading what we have to say about his character. :D

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:54 AM

Damnit! There goes my suicide at the Waterworks theory. Maybe not though. If his options were that slim, due to such a low chance of survival, he might still have tried.
But that's probably a discussion for a different thread ;)

Gooer
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:10 AM
Anyone else catch how KC squashed any speculation that might arise that one of the surviving Blackhawk crew, or Datu is Peg's boyfriend? Michael asks if her lover is in the Colony.
Oh man, Pegs and Datu.....doesn't sound right....

Storm
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:12 AM
The big question at the moment is... Who will upload the video to YouTube? :P

Malador
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:13 AM
So we have Michael with a broken heart and chloroform, and Riley learning that Angel's dead and a bar at the colony. I think the next episode is going to be The Hangover Part Z

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:12 AM
So we have Michael with a broken heart and chloroform, and Riley learning that Angel's dead and a bar at the colony. I think the next episode is going to be The Hangover Part Z

Poor guy Michael! http://www.jlcauvin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/lb.bmp

Litmaster
Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:27 AM
The man has a wedding to think about. Give him a break!

Ah, SCREW THE WEDDING! Where is this man's DEDICATION?? Where is his COMMITMENT TO ART??? Priorities, man, priorities...

With audience expectations so high, the last episodes have felt bit watered down for me. And there's been no progress whatsoever in areas of revealing zombie secrets and action.

Chill out, man! This isn't Iron Man 2! Besides, it won't seem like nearly such a drag when you listen to all the finished episodes in sequence.

Oh man, Pegs and Datu.....doesn't sound right....

My vote for funniest pair would be Datu and Skittles as a gay couple... !

http://cdn1.images.videobash.com/photos/000/126/891/126891_big.jpg

Monster mani
Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:49 AM
Pegs boyfriend so has to be one of the helicopter crew!!!

scbubba
Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Got in another listen this morning on the drive to work. Lots to like in this episode. <br />
<br />
CJ's surgery - I was dead wrong about both the graphic surgery and CJ dying on the table. &lt;munches on crow&gt;...

kdalton
Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
I totally did not see Pegs' reaction to Michael coming. She obviously was not pining for him at all. <br />
<br />
I really think Michael needs to move on. They are all wrong for each other. I hate to say...

UndeadSweeper
Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Before anything, I knew the video would be coming back in to play. :) I just hope they destroy it before Riley see it. She tend not to take bad news really well.

Poor Michael. a leader is never praise but always hated for their decisions.

Storm
Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
My vote for funniest pair would be Datu and Skittles as a gay couple... !

http://cdn1.images.videobash.com/photos/000/126/891/126891_big.jpg
I'm still waiting for someone to write a Michael/Kimmet lovestory... It was obvious that they had something! Kimmet obviously didn't want Michael to leave him, but didn't feel he could just leave the fort. And listen to how Michael tries to get him on the helicopter too... I'm sure, they were more than just friends.
And now Michael doesn't know how to tell that to Pegs. Poor guy... :)

Merlin1274
Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
I am not sure if they will tell Riley about the tape.. They may decide to keep I to themselves. But then again it would be a good tool to muster up the troops to hunt down Scratch..

Nathan.Luiz
Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
God damn you Kc, on the day that my girlfriend splits up with me, you give me that episode with Pegs and Michael? That hurt man, that hurt.

Kc
Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
God damn you Kc, on the day that my girlfriend splits up with me, you give me that episode with Pegs and Michael? That hurt man, that hurt.

Sorry man, just bad timing.

I've included a translator to see if that helps. Partially funny, partially sad, partially Michael/Pegs decoder maybe.

https://global3.memecdn.com/Break-up-lines-Real-Meanings_o_91704.jpg

UndeadSweeper
Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:50 AM

I've included a translator to see if that helps. Partially funny, partially sad, partially Michael/Pegs decoder maybe.

Let's make ones for Michael and Peg:

The Line Translation

I wish things would have got differently when you left ----> You know, I was in the middle of save humanity and keep you are alive.

Nathan.Luiz
Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM

https://global3.memecdn.com/Break-up-lines-Real-Meanings_o_91704.jpgThat did make me laugh, so you have succeeded in your goal.

Grognaurd
Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Ok, so Victor does not want to talk about Angel. Is that a good enough reason for Lizzy to not want to talk about Angel? I am fine with let's not rain on the group hug, but each hour that goes by adds to the collateral damage potential. First the pain of reliving the loss and then the anger of being not told.

Ok, maybe none of us are licensed social workers, but what is the consensus? Should Lizzy have told anyone?

Cabbage Patch
Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Asked:

...I listened really hard and I didn't hear a single crow when we hear Scratch's voice. I heard lots of songbirds but no crow....

And answered:

...I was dead wrong about both the graphic surgery and CJ dying on the table. <munches on crow>...

Clearly there was no crow sound when we heard Scratch's voice because SCBubba was busy eating it at the time.

Grognaurd
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Actually it was a murder if crows and I was having seconds. I will keep listening, to see if there is a correlation, but right now I lean towards random coincidence. I just have not had the time to go back and read all the posts in the last year or so.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:31 PM
I doubt that Victor is interested in taking power for himself. I think he is honestly trying to warn Michael of a real political danger based on his concerns and his conversations with Colony...

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Ok, so Victor does not want to talk about Angel. Is that a good enough reason for Lizzy to not want to talk about Angel? I am fine with let's not rain on the group hug, but each hour that goes by adds to the collateral damage potential. First the pain of reliving the loss and then the anger of being not told.

Ok, maybe none of us are licensed social workers, but what is the consensus? Should Lizzy have told anyone?

Yeah, Victor is turning into Hamlet, here. He keeps waiting until the right time to reveal someone's death. First Sean now Angel. What does it matter anyway? Has he been told that the others already think that Angel is dead? Also, the more he holds off, the more I'm beginning to side with Scratch that killing Angel was an act of mercy. He was dying from the fall: Scratch shooting him was as much mercy as it was murder.

I think, also, that the power play involves Victor; a three-way power balancing act.

IamPaul
Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Great episode, as is always the case. I was half expecting Michael to huff some chloroform after his interaction with Pegs, thus explaining the Chapter Art. I guess the Angel video could push him over the edge.

Arch_Will
Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Wow.. eventually get to listen to the episode a few hours after it comes out.. i get to the forum and there's 15 pages to trail through.. Ouch.. long haul but made it.

firstly, great episode... Poor CJ :(

Kc, I loved the effect of putting the headphones on CJ.. it really made you connect with the character as if you were seeing it through her ears... as a manner of speaking. it really adds a 3rd dimension to it a level of depth not anticipated... freaked me out driving at night when those sounds were all i heard :) could almost feel the bonesaw.

next point, and i'm a little bit mad that scbubba has already noticed this and commented on it before i could:

we all know that Kc loves his double meanings and his wording is orchestrated perfectly (imagines a bald conductor in finely pressed tails with a microphone as a conductors baton), did everyone notice Michaels phrasing when he referenced his arm.... he didn't say his arm was broken.. he said he nearly had his arm "broken off" so this indicates a possible brutal assault by a Behemoth?... a zombified randy?... a human randy? ..............Chuck Norris?

so doesn't seem apparant that he broke it in a trivial way like falling down stairs or walking in to a Door.

next thing.. Go Pegs... she does right.. Michael made his choice when the ultimatum happened. he chose the military and not her. she moved on and spent longer time with someone who obviously was able to support her more emotionally than Michael ever could if the unsaid manner of his death/out-of-the-pictured-ness/awkward-conversation-of-the-year, had anything to do with it. and while Pegs went on and lived her life, Michael moped around pining and doin g the shoulda coulda woulda.

Go Team Datu/Saul.. World Presidential Team 2013!

Grognaurd
Sep 3rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Good stuff, but...

next thing.. Go Pegs... she does right.. Michael made his choice when the ultimatum happened. he chose the military and not her. she moved on and spent longer time with someone who obviously was able to support her more emotionally than Michael ever could if the unsaid manner of his death/out-of-the-pictured-ness/awkward-conversation-of-the-year, had anything to do with it. and while Pegs went on and lived her life, Michael moped around pining and doin g the shoulda coulda woulda.

Go Team Datu/Saul.. World Presidential Team 2013!

I think you are too hard on Michael. Did you hear the exasperation in his voice in Seaon 3? He had no choice. Kimmet would never have let him leave. He would have thrown Michael in the Brigg and killed Tanya. Michael had no choice.

As long as I am defending Michael, I am not sure if he was actually using the chloroform. Since Saul was so clueless, my guess is Michael may have been doing it in his first tour when he was hard charging. They may have been using it in abductions and interrogations.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
As long as I am defending Michael, I am not sure if he was actually using the chloroform. Since Saul was so clueless, my guess is Michael may have been doing it in his first tour when he was hard charging. They may have been using it in abductions and interrogations.

That's what I originally thought he was using the chloroform for, but hey, maybe Michael WAS breaking bad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/). Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Meth-head Zombies and exploding safe houses! Now that's how you take the fight to them.

Alizée
Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
... but hey, maybe Michael WAS breaking bad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/). Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Meth-head Zombies and exploding safe houses! Now that's how you take the fight to them.

I like the way your brain turns, sir!

Witch_Doctor
Sep 3rd, 2013, 08:04 PM
The video - I always felt that the information about Angel and his ultimate end would be discovered before it was revealed by Victor. If Vic was going to tell them, he would have done it already. I know a lot has happened in a few days but he could have at least told Saul before. The knowledge of what happened to Angel and that Victor was hiding it will stir up trouble of course. Michael and the Fort Irwin Towerites hadn't had any interaction with her or the Mallers since the Tower fell. Saul and Victor (and Lizzie) did in the very recent past. Will the video stir up a big revenge impulse in our heroes? Not sure. I think we will have a Scratch story arc resolution with or without the video.
For me the bigger story is, what was Victor really protecting? Was it the circumstances around Angel's demise (even though he was thought to be dead already) or perhaps some tie in with the Family. Maybe Victor's "insurance salesman" job was a protection racket for an organized crime group like maybe, the Family... Or even something more sinister...

Yo Ho Ho, let's give Victor a bottle of rum for keeping secrets of dead men in a chest. Sean, Angel, Tupac & Biggie. Don't forget, "Ix-nay on the Hombre..." (Wait, did he know about the Lewis ploy?) Maybe he just doesn't like talking about dead people (Like his wife. How did she die?)

Here's Victor delivering a eulogy at a funeral:"Um,.... now is not the best time."

pmchawk
Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:40 PM

I would think "revelations" could have been the clue that Micheal was about to year a revaluation about angel. Also wasnt there a character in Buffy called angel?

EpiEpee
Sep 4th, 2013, 03:04 AM
I would think "revelations" could have been the clue that Micheal was about to year a revaluation about angel. Also wasnt there a character in Buffy called angel?

There was a character in Buffy called Angel- a dark, brooding vampire. He was also trying to escape the vampire family and live without human blood, leading to some possible parallels to WA Angel.

Thought about putting a spoilers tag on the Buffy info, but I feel as though since the series is finished that it wasn't really necessary.

scbubba
Sep 4th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Listened to 37-2 again (of course), especially the confrontation between Michael and Victor. I'm still not exactly sure what Victor's angle on the whole thing is. If he is going after a power play, he's not going to do well as he is pretty culpable in the whole "disarming the Colony" thing (reference Glenn and Pete's accusations near the end of last season).

Vic does sound like he may be trying to shift real blame away from himself for the actions that night they fled the Colony. Almost like he's trying to make it so that what Vic did wouldn't have been bad except for Michael's involvement. Not sure if this is a personal guilt thing for him or an attempt to do some political maneuvering.

Either way, we end up with a heated confrontation between Michael and Victor right about the time that the Angel execution video is discovered. So there's a chance the whole purpose was to raise the tension between the two of them so that tinderbox would ignite.

Couple of other things I noticed that may or may not play into the Balance of Power:
- Michael mentions "my soldiers" in the descriptions after the surgery. Paired with Puck's "Hey Bossman" this puts the Fort Irwin guys squarely in his camp. No surprise there.
- The way Michael says "CJ survived" after the surgery scene tripped a thought in my brain that maybe all will not be well with CJ post-surgery. I'm sure that she will have some emotional/psych things to deal with. I can't imagine what losing a leg would do to someone, especially someone who fights to be so self-sufficient. The ominous feeling from Michael saying that line leads me to perhaps an issue of mental/intellectual function based on the homemade chloroform. This could lead to animosity between CJ and Michael as opposed to the perfect marriage of planning and execution most of us expect....

Lizzie
She knows about Angel. She's the one who talked Bricks into showing the video to Durai. Why is she still silent on the issue? Because Victor shushed her several days ago? Has she even told Saul yet? If so, why hasn't Saul told Michael or Burt? This makes me wonder about the potential division this might led to once it's known that she knew and didn't say anything...

Oh man, can't wait for Monday to roll around.... :yay:

PencilBoy99
Sep 4th, 2013, 05:27 AM
I loathe Pegs now. She has a right not to be into Michael, but she was surprisingly cruel to him. The scene was really well done.

UndeadSweeper
Sep 4th, 2013, 06:40 AM
So is everything going to be blame on Michael then (relationships, disarmament, Maller, the revolution, Sean and Angel and healthcare) ? Or will the colony need to hold some of the blame as well ( They created gatekeeper, allow people to shot dead at the gate and keeping a class system, Sean being killed and turn a blind eye to the problems they created) ?

pmchawk
Sep 4th, 2013, 07:16 AM
I really don't think Victor is playing any political game. I think he is advising Micheal not to "take power" because the colony will reject him and likely turn on all of the "outsiders". And likely kick them out as if they are a cancer. When they see him they will think of everything that happened because he showed up at the door. I think CJ is the only outsider they would accept as a leader. She would be viewed as a liberator.

Th3_T3ch
Sep 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
So this is something I didn't really think of until about my third listen through. Besides Saul, Riley, and Tanya, Michael has known his soldiers longer than any other main characters. Meaning Puck cares more about Michael then Saul would. Saul and Victor are closer than Saul and Michael. I'm seeing some future conflict between Saul and Puck (other than the fact that both of them in the same room leads to some interesting conversations, and potentially hilarious ones too).
As much as people are bashing on Pegs for being hard to Michael, she has a point. Her and Michael were an end of the world get with someone thing, were Pegs and Boulder-guy could actually find things they had in common. Plus all the time her and Michael were together they were fighting for their lives, not really focused on the fact that they didn't have much in common.
As for Saul and CJ, they've been in the same group for five months. The banter before the operation starts is one that comes from reliance on each other that was formed from months of surviving together. I'm sure if Victor was there instead of Saul the banter would have been only slightly less intense.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
So this is something I didn't really think of until about my third listen through. Besides Saul, Riley, and Tanya, Michael has known his soldiers longer than any other main characters. Meaning Puck cares more about Michael then Saul would. Saul and Victor are closer than Saul and Michael. I'm seeing some future conflict between Saul and Puck (other than the fact that both of them in the same room leads to some interesting conversations, and potentially hilarious ones too).
As much as people are bashing on Pegs for being hard to Michael, she has a point. Her and Michael were an end of the world get with someone thing, were Pegs and Boulder-guy could actually find things they had in common. Plus all the time her and Michael were together they were fighting for their lives, not really focused on the fact that they didn't have much in common.
As for Saul and CJ, they've been in the same group for five months. The banter before the operation starts is one that comes from reliance on each other that was formed from months of surviving together. I'm sure if Victor was there instead of Saul the banter would have been only slightly less intense.

Yep, the relationship dynamics seem like they should be different now. Some were built during short and intense situations, others during length of time together and others with different opportunities to grow.

Also, I like your name for Peg's unnamed boyfriend, Boulder-guy. I wonder if there really is a Boulder-guy. Reminds me of the 'girlfriends' my nerdy friends and I would make up so neither of us could tease each other for being virgins.
"Yeah, I DID have sex before."
"Really? With who?"
"Uh, Tootie."
"The girl from Facts of Life? Nah uh! You're lying."
"Not THAT Tootie, you dork! My girlfriend Tootie.... Frutay. You don't know her, she lives in Canada." :hsugh:

Arch_Will
Sep 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
"Yeah, I DID have sex before."
"Really? With who?"
"Uh, Tootie."
"The girl from Facts of Life? Nah uh! You're lying."
"Not THAT Tootie, you dork! My girlfriend Tootie.... Frutay. You don't know her, she lives in Canada." :hsugh:

I think i know her... Tootie Frutay... doesn't she live ... on Route A .... somewhere?

Hoff4D
Sep 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Alright, I was on vacation and had to sift through all this to try and coherently formulate some thoughts.....here we go, pardon the length please:

I thought the same thing when I listened "Oh hey...Pegs and Victor are about to get interesting". Now that I think about the tape finding, and the revenge towards Pegs, I feel like we're being built up to push us away from pegs as she pulls a martyr move in the Scratch storyline. Pegs will grow thicker skin, and do more 'greater good' moves, but so cold that we like her for what she does, but hate her attitude. Thus we are hurt when she falls on scratches blade, but can understand her motives. I could be way off, but it just felt that way to me.

I went back to listen to when Michael finally finds pegs/kelly to see if she seemed distant there as well, because this scene in 37-2 seemed so out of the blue, I didnt recall any cold shoulder from her when he found her/kelly at Irwin. Looking back through Ch 36, pegs seemed infatuated once again at first "oh my gosh, you're good.....you're good". I heard that as "oh michael I've missed you so much! but.....oh yea....i committed to moving on...so yea, you're good". We have some banter from Michael stating how many times he looked for her in the incoming people, and she sounds heartwarmed about it saying "Really??". Fast forward a few minutes and you hear pegs say "at least I'm not flying"...but once we get on the helicopter, as soon as Michael says "hey pegs!", she walked up to the controls to give a hand flying, and didnt even acknowledge Michael addressing her. She admits she didnt want to fly, but as soon as Michael wants to talk, she bails. Unless I'm hearing it wrong and Michael was calling out FOR her to co-pilot, this is a great testament to Kc's writing.

I think these are the emotions one would honestly go thru. She HAD feelings for him, and was excited to see him alive, but immediately remembered that it's just not right for them to continue on like nothing changed. Just a tip of the hat

I am having a hard time imagining what kind of objections the colonists could have against Michael. I mean, how are they going to phrase it? "You should have let us kill you, instead you fought your way out to survive!!! You're a HORRIBLE PERSON!!1!11".....

I'm wondering why all we are hearing is Victors warning of the Colonists, yet no actual grumblings from colonists. I see several people think Victor is setting up his own leadership, but I doubt that. I THINK it just might be for the sake of time and to not give more characterization that we just hear the colonists complaints through Victor. Although, it wouldn't hurt to give John Smith and Jane Doe a couple "What about how he screwed us!" "Yea, he's the reason we're in this mess!" lines....but that just might be held off for when Michael calls some sort of town-hall meeting in 37-3 or later. I think we're all just running too far with the Victor divide against 'michaels men'. Unless Saul bails on Michaels comman, I don't think Victor will.

You can see how the average Colonist that's been there the whole time could easily be convinced by someone (like Victor maybe) that Michael doesn't have their best interests at heart. Is it a powerplay by Victor to take a spot at the Colony? Sure he says that he wasn't well liked around there but we don't really know that....

To add to my above comments about Vic(ky), I think we have plenty to go on that he wasn't "well liked" in the colony. He was sitting alone at the bar amongst other relatively high ranking colonist men, his claims to kelly (albeit they were his own) about "i never really picked a side" in the colony when the overthrow was about to happen. He made the comment so quickly in the heat of the moment I find it hard to make that lie up since he fully intended to free Michael from that point, also the little safe house him and Fernando made? They set it up to play soccer, together, alone. All these points add up to a loner type. Not necessarily hated, just not in the favor of all. He says at the bar how he worked to just get a job outside the walls. He was neither here nor there with chain of command, he just wanted to live and others to live.....no leadership aspiration (in my eyes), so I think this too adds that he doesn't have political motives along with not being in the good graces of the people of the colony

If you listen to Michael's first response to Saul, he almost sounds proud of his 'old days'. the way he said "Two guys I shared a tend with" he sounds like he's bragging of how much they used to party. But when saul gets apprehensive like "They were getting HIGH?!", Michael begins to back down and plays the 'it was fun to make" and "It's a good thing I did those things!" role. I honestly think Michael was just partying, not interrogating.

Alright, away from the replies I wanted to give, I also wanted to note that we addressed the safe house theory. Saul brings up to CJ before the surgery all her safe houses and her preparedness. I think this lends itself to the spread out to attack theory...then once CJ comes too we will start using her setup to gain intel/attack Ink et al. Will it be because the Colony has a falling out with Michael and we need to split up? Who knows, but it's possible given the foreshadowing. Perhaps it's CJ's idea once she can think things through again and the colony falls in line behind her. She recognizes Michael's usefulness and agrees to let him head up a certain faction. She plays the 'michael is stupid' role to the colony, but behind the scenes works in perfect synchronicity with him. This is contrary to my above comments on Pegs, but if she's not the martyr type, maybe the CJ chemistry makes her jealous enough to start seeking out Michael again?

About the video of Angel's death, SOMEONE has to make an effort to tell Riley, because it's still just a tape. If we DONT want her to see it, destroy the tape, there is NO reason to keep it around otherwise. If we want her to see it, we show her. Although it's possible a month after the tape is destroyed someone slips and mentions the death, but still....that potential BOMB of a tape sitting around is just plain NOT a good idea, there is absolutely no good outcome to keeping it in tact.

To add to this, I think we find more things searching through mallers stuff. Perhaps the mallers had an offensive plan for attacking the zeds? Perhaps it wasn't the worst plan and we adopt it? Or we need Tardusts bomb specialties and seek him out to help us attack the zeds? Our hands, his brains....all for a trade of peace? Being that only a few mallers are left they'd have to agree. Of course, this would give scratch a perfect opportunity to get close to pegs and kill her.

........This would also set us up (within the given narrative of storytelling) for a perfect scene of someone witnessing Scratch go mentally insane when she comes face to face with Ink only to realize he's the guy who raped her, and she saves humanity in a fit of rage :tinfoil:

Jannit
Sep 4th, 2013, 12:45 PM
There is so much to get through here!

I managed to get myself off of the WA addiction over the past several months so there is SO much catching up to do to get back up to speed on everything that’s happened to this point. I’m going to need to start mainlining WA again to get back to where I should be!

A few thoughts relevant to this episode:

1. Pegs and Michael
These two have never made much sense to me. They never seemed to really have much chemistry in the episodes and like people have pointed out, they just don’t seem very well suited to one another.

Back in the very first episode, we saw Michael get hit on by some girl in his college class and although he turned her down cold, there really wasn’t much difference between his reaction to her and his reaction to Pegs in terms of emotion as far as I could tell. Plus, it set the bar for him having a VERY low tolerance for girly drama bullshit which Pegs seems to have in spades. I really do hope this is the end of the “Pegs and Michael” arc.

I agree with some of the comments about Pegs being better suited to someone that will pander to her clingy nature and Michael needing someone with more of a backbone. If I were to pick a single current character for Michael, it would be CJ.

Some time ago, there was a discussion around Michael and CJ’s abilities in terms of planning and execution of missions. The basis was that CJ was great at planning but crappy at execution and Michael was the opposite. Put these two together and you’ve got one hell of a power couple, in my opinion.

2. CJ and Saul
Nope. Never going to happen, romantically speaking. There’s obviously a one-sided romance going on with CJ’s feelings for Saul but to me it feels like it’s grown (or is growing) past that point. These are two people who have been though a LOT of stress and danger together. They rely on one another and trust each other. I don’t doubt that there is love between them but I get the feeling that it’s platonic. CJ’s a smart girl and being as analytical as she is about other things, I can’t see her fighting a losing battle with the Saul romance.

To me what we heard before the surgery was two people who genuinely care about one another and nothing more.

3. Michael as Leader
This episode seems to set the stage for Michael to take a step back from the leadership position. As we’ve seen in other episodes, Michael isn’t one to be a leader just for the sake of being a leader if there are other people capable of filling that role. If someone (Victor?) emerges as a person that the rest of the colony supports, I think Michael would step down willingly enough. Plus, this would free him up to explore other story arcs such as the business with Angle’s family!

Sorry about the length - there's a lot to sift through here and I'm still trying to work my way through the pages of responses.

werewolf
Sep 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Oh snap I just thought of something why Pegs is so cold to Micheal.
Pegs is Pregers with the other guys baby. shes not showing yet. Cause she might have just found out before leaving Colorado.
She all upset cause her ex had to save her ass again. wouldn't that be a knife twist to Micheal?

Red Shirt
Sep 4th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Before anything, I knew the video would be coming back in to play. :) I just hope they destroy it before Riley see it. She tend not to take bad news really well.

I really hope she managed to escape Irwin with a bottle of those "anger meds" that she has been taking.

2. CJ and Saul
Nope. Never going to happen, romantically speaking. There’s obviously a one-sided romance going on with CJ’s feelings for Saul but to me it feels like it’s grown (or is growing) past that point. These are two people who have been though a LOT of stress and danger together. They rely on one another and trust each other. I don’t doubt that there is love between them but I get the feeling that it’s platonic. CJ’s a smart girl and being as analytical as she is about other things, I can’t see her fighting a losing battle with the Saul romance.

To me what we heard before the surgery was two people who genuinely care about one another and nothing more.

Not so sure about how much her crush is in the past... The incident when she stripped down in front of him to clean up and then later kissed him was less than two weeks ago*. (Ch. 31 3/3 @ 9:25 and Ch. 32 2/3 @ 17:55) She might be beginning to accept it, but I'm sure she's still pining for him. I think though, that Saul does care for her in a "soldier brotherhood" sort of fashion and that the tenderness he showed CJ right before she went under was done so to solidify her will.

"Man, she did that shit on purpose."

* Best guess: seven days of surveillance, day 8 Victor infiltrates, day 9 attack, day 10 second wave, 1-2 more days before amputation.)

MrRedBeard
Sep 4th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Pegs is Pregers with the other guys baby. shes not showing yet. Cause she might have just found out before leaving Colorado.
She all upset cause her ex had to save her ass again. wouldn't that be a knife twist to Micheal?

Oh wow and if Michael is hurting now that would seriously wound him.

Jannit
Sep 5th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Not so sure about how much her crush is in the past... The incident when she stripped down in front of him to clean up and then later kissed him was less than two weeks ago*. (Ch. 31 3/3 @ 9:25 and Ch. 32 2/3 @ 17:55) She might be beginning to accept it, but I'm sure she's still pining for him. I think though, that Saul does care for her in a "soldier brotherhood" sort of fashion and that the tenderness he showed CJ right before she went under was done so to solidify her will.

Good points, Red Shirt. I agree 100% with your comments on this. Given the break, I'd forgotten exactly how recent that kiss was. That aside, I still don't see CJ taking it any further in the romantic sense especially with Lizzy back in the picture.

Alizée
Sep 5th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Just as a side note, something Michael said in Beyond Our Walls (29-2) has even more weight now.
When Pegs and group are leaving he narrates, "And just like that, they were gone. She was gone ... and I was the idiot who let her go."
=[

SmokeyZombified
Sep 5th, 2013, 06:38 AM

Nice, I never considered that and it is a real possibility!

Merlin1274
Sep 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM

Never forget back in the first chapter of Season 1 Michael mentions He and Saul served together over seas and were in the same unit. They have history.. Vic will follow Saul's lead

I think when it comes down to it.. The Fort Irwin peeps and the Tower Peeps will have Michaels back. He saved them countless times and has done a lot to keep them alive this long.. The Colony people I think will follow inline specially since Michael has the military backing him up. There maybe resistance but I think they will eventually look to him to lead. Specially if CJ does not get her head straight from loosing the leg..

Jannit
Sep 5th, 2013, 10:02 AM

I'm fuzzy on the time frame for this but could it be Michael's if she is pregnant? Not sure I subscribe to the idea but if the timing fit and if she is pregnant, she could have made up the Boulder guy just to throw Michael off if a baby does come along.

Again, no clue about the timing as I'm pretty out of touch with that right now.

Come to think of it, do we have a timeline of events created for WA? That'd be super helpful when looking at these sorts of things.

Edited to add: Never mind the derpy question. That handy highlighting gave me the link to the timeline. \o/ Such a smart forum.

Edit #2: Scratch that idea. The timing doesn't work at all.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 5th, 2013, 10:05 AM

I was half expecting Pegs to be four months pregnant when Michael found her in Fort Irwin. But THIS, this would be a super shocker!

She seriously freaked out at Michael before slamming the door, and it sounded more like a personal meltdown. What could cause her to go Fukushima?
She loses Boulder-guy. (This we know)
Did Boulder-guy turn?
Did she have to kill Boulder-guy or witness Boulder-guy's death? (She didn't seem shaken like one would have expected at losing a loved one when Michael rescued her at Irwin. Then again, none of them seemed too concerned at having lost all friends and family during the outbreak. Saul, Datu and Datu's checker buddy are the only one's who seemed concerned for missing loved ones.)
Is she carrying Boulder-Baby?

pmchawk
Sep 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
All I know is if pegs is preg with boulder guys baby, it needs to be named Rocky.

UndeadSweeper
Sep 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
All I know is if pegs is preg with boulder guys baby, it needs to be named Rocky.

Maybe if she had twins, it could be Rock and Roll?

Cabbage Patch
Sep 5th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Maybe if she had twins, it could be Rock and Roll?

My vote is for Rocky and Bullwinkle.

fredrum
Sep 5th, 2013, 01:17 PM
What if "Boulder guy" isn't a guy at all......

Pegs just said that there was someone else, not that it was another man.....maybe she was so devastated after Michael didn't come to Boulder that she swore off men and got together with Kelly instead, thus the " "he" didn't...." replay when
Michael asked if he was at the Colony......

UndeadSweeper
Sep 5th, 2013, 01:25 PM
What if "Boulder guy" isn't a guy at all......

Pegs just said that there was someone else, not that it was another man.....maybe she was so devastated after Michael didn't come to Boulder that she swore off men and got together with Kelly instead, thus the " "he" didn't...." replay when
Michael asked if he was at the Colony......

Victor would said otherwise........

No one can take on the Mucho Macho Man Love machine... Watch out Colony, Senor Victor is back!

Alizée
Sep 5th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Loving the baby names, everyone! I vote to come on this forum and ask for baby names when I get pregnant :D

Merlin1274
Sep 6th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Back to the Chloroform. Chapter 7 part 3.. He made some to put down a zombie to plant the tracking device.. Datu asked how he knew how to make he. He said overseas.. I started relistening to it while waiting on the next one.. I am picking up on a lot I missed before..

scbubba
Sep 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Back to the Chloroform. Chapter 7 part 3.. He made some to put down a zombie to plant the tracking device.. Datu asked how he knew how to make he. He said overseas.. I started relistening to it while waiting on the next one.. I am picking up on a lot I missed before..

I gotta go re-listen to that too. Because I'm wondering if the team thought chloroform would work off the bat or thought it might not work. Chloroform/ether works by entering the lungs and then the bloodstream. From there it travels to other places and affects the creature. All of that requires respiration and a working bloodstream as well as a nervous system that works like a human's (or any mammal?).

Basically, because the chloroform worked, we had confirmation that the Zeds physiology was still a) working and b) mostly human. That was later confirmed by Tanya's autopsy of the Little One but does it matter that we knew that way back when?

Hmmmm......

fredrum
Sep 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I gotta go re-listen to that too. Because I'm wondering if the team thought chloroform would work off the bat or thought it might not work. Chloroform/ether works by entering the lungs and then the bloodstream. From there it travels to other places and affects the creature. All of that requires respiration and a working bloodstream as well as a nervous system that works like a human's (or any mammal?).

Basically, because the chloroform worked, we had confirmation that the Zeds physiology was still a) working and b) mostly human. That was later confirmed by Tanya's autopsy of the Little One but does it matter that we knew that way back when?

Hmmmm......

Well, Saul and Angel did see them sleeping as early as chapter 3. I would assume that the need for sleep would imply that their bodies still work similarly to those of normal humans. I doubt that they were certain that the chloroform would work, but just from what they had already seen it was at least a pretty safe bet.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM

Hmmmm......

Well, Saul and Angel did see them sleeping as early as chapter 3. I would assume that the need for sleep would imply that their bodies still work similarly to those of normal humans. I doubt that they were certain that the chloroform would work, but just from what they had already seen it was at least a pretty safe bet.

Also, in the very first chapter when Saul calls them zombies and Angel poo-poos this claim as the dead coming back to life, Saul counters with, "Who said they're dead?" Plus Michael HATED calling them zombies. I think it's safe to assume that they new they were working on living people.

Jannit
Sep 6th, 2013, 12:20 PM

Hmmmm......

I'm going through all of the seasons again so forgive me for being a bit rusty if I get the details wrong. In regards to the respiratory system, don't we see zombies surviving under water when Michael and Pegs were on the boat? If their respiration worked the same way as humans, that wouldn't be possible. I don't doubt that these "zombies" are alive and I've always sort of thought that the title refers to the zombies rather than the survivors but the details of their systems is baffling.

fredrum
Sep 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I'm going through all of the seasons again so forgive me for being a bit rusty if I get the details wrong. In regards to the respiratory system, don't we see zombies surviving under water when Michael and Pegs were on the boat? If their respiration worked the same way as humans, that wouldn't be possible. I don't doubt that these "zombies" are alive and I've always sort of thought that the title refers to the zombies rather than the survivors but the details of their systems is baffling.

i think they were just swimming across the water, not breathing underwater.

Jannit
Sep 6th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Hmm... I'll have to find that one and check it out since I'm probably forgetting some key details. I've got the impression that they had been in the water for quite a while - wasn't there a description to that effect? Regardless, I didn't think they were breathing underwater; I just figured they weren't breathing.

Malador
Sep 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
The impression I got was that they were the infected from Catalina, and had devoured or turned everything on the island, and had began making their way to the mainland, when they saw the activity on the boat and came after them.

Jannit
Sep 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM
The impression I got was that they were the infected from Catalina, and had devoured or turned everything on the island, and had began making their way to the mainland, when they saw the activity on the boat and came after them.

Do you happen to remember which episode that was?

Malador
Sep 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Ill look it up tonight when I get home, I have crap internet here at work.

fredrum
Sep 6th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I think it's 16-2 or 16-3

From what i recall, they were described as being emaciated, as if they were starving (assumed to be from lack of food on Catalina).

Jannit
Sep 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks, Fredrum. You nailed it with those episode numbers.

The description is:
Michael: "It's all withered away. Look at its face and cheeks. His arms look like my broken one!"
Pegs: "They’re starving."

My memory failed me as they clearly aren't described as looking bloated or waterlogged. Thanks for clarifying that, guys!

The part that made me question their need to breath comes from 16-1 where Pegs and Michael are about to board the boat. Pegs sees a "shadow" in the water and Michael says that it could be a number of sea animals. Since the first sighting of the Z's was of them under water, I got the impression that the zombies weren't making much of an appearance for air. The only time they seemed especially interested in coming up was when there was the possibility of fresh meat.

fredrum
Sep 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
If a zombie surfaces for air and no one is around to see it, does it happen?

Da-Demon-Monkey
Sep 6th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I do believe that in the end since they are looking for a new leader for The Colony and Michael and Victor are at odds with each other but in the end i think CJ will take the Leader position in The Colony and since she has led The Other Tower she has no other reason for not leading the colony and her being one legged and all she should lead, but that is just my opinion. Kelly should get with Victor simply put on the last episode last season how they were talking to each other after Kelly got off the Pelican then they had their moment. Then there is the tape that Victor is hiding and if Riley gets a hold of it she will go for a little Mauller Hunting and hunt for Scratch but that is if Scratch doesn't try and go up to kill Pegs because I think it's her time to die but thats just my opinion but if anything they will have a wedding/baby shower at the same time as Riley leaving to go and find Scratch but first to go is Tar because he was there too but eh this next monday is gonna be a blast

cupcakezombie
Sep 6th, 2013, 06:31 PM

Hmmmm......

We have another potential confirmation of a circulatory system from when CJ cut the leg of the one that was trying to get in the garage when they were going on stake of the colony. If there was not circulation it would be likely the blood would congeal in their bodies and it wouldn't have been able to bleed.

werewolf
Sep 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
how about bullwinkle instead.

tinfoilhats
Jun 7th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Pegs sure falls in love easy - poor Michael.

tinfoilhats
Jun 7th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Good post - still bugs me that Pegs hooked up so quick and forgot Michael. He was a big part of the problem but 5 months is not that long to wait and now I wonder how important he is to her even if they got back together. Would much rather she said - I'm not chasing you anymore instead of I found someone else. Guess I was hoping for true love ...

tinfoilhats
Jun 7th, 2014, 04:21 PM
I understand why but it kind of cheapens their relationship now. Wish she would have just told him he had to chase her now instead of meeting another guy and then coming back. Guess I was hoping for a true love story in the end since Saul lost Lizzy; Michael and Pegs or CJ etc?