PDA

View Full Version : Who came for Samantha?

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Alright, I was online around Noon today and Kc made an appearance randomly and said only this:

Kc: Bitesize info: 27-2 is 20 minutes, 27-3 is 28 minutes
Kc: *poof. Back into the shadows
Hoff4D: So...what's up with the bitesize info from Kc? I assume from his disappearance back into the shadows we'll get no more from him on it....if not "Hi Kc!"
Kc: Hello!
Kc: *Poof
Hoff4D: haha
Hoff4D: Nothing else? Just a bitesize info of chapter length, with no context?
Kc: :D

And it pretty much ends there. So I decide to flip to the listen page real quick and see that:
27-2 is 24:43. Yet Kc said in the chat "20 minutes". This section finished up at CJ and Kalani's account of Ink getting into the tower.
27-3 is 17:37. Yet Kc said in the chat "28 minutes". This section finishes up as Kalani's account of being in the arena.

So....since Kc planted this little bug of insanity in my brain, I'm here to see if anyone can further this. Why would he claim one section to be shorter than previous, and one be much longer than previous?

With 27-3 I think perhaps Kc is eluding to the fact that we might get CJs recount of that day...if you remember Samantha sees some people come to rescue them in the arena, but fail. She says "They were with me, I got grabbed, but they weren't far behind."..."[They came] from the apartment building, we found each other at one of our weapon stashes"...perhaps she met CJ at a safe house and then got grabbed and CJ and a smaller group followed.

When CJ originally meets Saul/Victor she sort of paints the picture of being solo and everyone died at the tower, essentially, but is CJs lone-wolf tactic because she gathered a group after Ink left and went to the Arena on an offensive mission and THAT'S where everyone died? Perhaps CJ saw some things in the Arena before making it out that will give us some more insight on Ink's behavior, and she has tied them into the "haze". Not sure why CJ wouldn't have said anything before, but perhaps being within inches of death stirs this up in her.....Or maybe she DOES die, and the potential flashback that I'm theorizing happens through rummaging through CJs notes in her safe back at Dunbar after she dies.

Anyways, that's my take on why Kc would mention that 27-3 is longer......but why would 27-2 be shorter?

Or am I batshit crazy and I've taken a sort of joke from Kc way too far and it went over my head?

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Duncan? I have not listened in a while. Didnt zombies run right past him? Maybe he runs out of the tower, gets roped into the rescue mission and flees that also before the rescue pack gets over run. Doesnt e drugged dude say something like there he goes?

Let look at time stamp 20 minutes of 27-2 and about 4 minutes into 27-3 and assume KC forgot to subtract.

Be right back

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Duncan? I have not listened in a while. Didnt zombies run right past him? Maybe he runs out of the tower, gets roped into the rescue mission and flees that also before the rescue pack gets over run. Doesnt e drugged dude say something like there he goes?

Let look at time stamp 20 minutes of 27-2 and about 4 minutes into 27-3 and assume KC forgot to subtract.

Be right back

Good point about Duncan, I was going to say something about that as well, since CJ specifically says in one of those episodes "Duncan let it in.....On accident I hope". I don't want to go so far as to imply Duncan is on the Z's side, but perhaps skittles somehow shows up when we go back to Dunbar, and we coax HIS recount of these events out of him?

I've got a meeting in a few minutes, report back to what's specifically happening at those time marks and see what we find. Thanks!

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Kalani says bags of rice into a 208. Maybe it is fag for an edit. Bags of rice into 208.

nikvoodoo
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I'll go ahead and bet you dollars to donuts that Kc meant 37-2 and 37-3 and not 27.

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:06 AM
About 22minutes the lead is buzzed in. I hear what I will call a trill and caw that I associate with the little ones than release the hounds...

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Kalani says bags of rice into a 208. Maybe it is fag for an edit. Bags of rice into 208.

Snuck in a little listen before the meeting, in 27-2 @ 20 min is right when Duncan comes in and says "CJ wouldn't be happy if I told her you left the room". and she let's Duncan take over watch ~15 minutes early...consequently this is chronologically just before he lets in Ink.

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'll go ahead and bet you dollars to donuts that Kc meant 37-2 and 37-3 and not 27.

Lol......this would make WAY more sense than the tin foil hat I'm running with.

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Lol......this would make WAY more sense than the tin foil hat I'm running with.

I...um......still want a recount of the group that tried to save samantha!.....yea....thats it......This was my goal all along....

:meh:

nikvoodoo
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I'd be interested to know who organized and planned the attack if CJ was still in the basement rocking like a looney and Sean had gone south with Hope. <br />
<br />
Probably nothing that needs to be explained...

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Yea, admittedly how I got to this suspicion is....well...not my proudest moment, but it did pique my interest in who went in for Samantha. Like you said....CJ stayed in the basement for a long time,...

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Well, Duncan loses it, but says he is going to look for them. He might team up with others or heard about it from them if he links up with a retreat

Going Art Crazy. We hear a Behemoth in the arena. It may have chased the survivors of the Arena rescue mission to the waterworks when they tried to regroup with the survivor there.

We know we have to find details on Michael and Randy there. Skittles has to know the Arena is bad news. Even if it really is 37, there is still more information to come out the other tower.

It is even possible to tie in Sean if he was in on the rescue and subsequent retreat to the water works before moving south to the colony.

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Well, Duncan loses it, but says he is going to look for them. He might team up with others or heard about it from them if he links up with a retreat

Going Art Crazy. We hear a Behemoth in the arena. It may have chased the survivors of the Arena rescue mission to the waterworks when they tried to regroup with the survivor there.

We know we have to find details on Michael and Randy there. Skittles has to know the Arena is bad news. Even if it really is 37, there is still more information to come out the other tower.

It is even possible to tie in Sean if he was in on the rescue and subsequent retreat to the water works before moving south to the colony.

All valid points. There's definitely a behemoth in that particular scene, Skittles wants nothing to do with the Arena for a reason, some survivors were in the waterworks before the tower folks, and a behemoth was in there when we got there....so....I'm on board with all of this so far. The only question in that theory to me is how they would've got a crazed skittles to go on a rescue mission

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Skittles says he is going to look for them so he is headed that way independently. He was Duncan until the other tower fell. Hell. He might even compromise the rescue mission and it was that event that gave him the full psychotic break. He is a lot worse off when he meets Angel, Datu and Riley than he was when he was speaking to CJ.

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I dunno, he seemed pretty Skilles-esque when CJ finally came out hours later and he was rambling/panting. "a-a-alll of them.....gone...there-there-there gones. theeeeeyy left me"....etc.

CJ - "Duncan you need to calm down"
Dr Duncan/Mr Skittles - "who?"

but you're right, he said "I'm going to find them" when he left. So he's sort of PTSD when CJ finds him, but still willing to group up with people? And loses it completely at the attack at the Arena, and goes solo from then on?

Or *puts on tinfoil hat* did Skittles mean he was going to find Ink and the rest of them, to eat skittles and sip some coffee in the arena to watch the others 'play' with with humans. Skittles is a spy!

Witch_Doctor
Aug 29th, 2013, 12:03 PM

All valid points. There's definitely a behemoth in that particular scene, Skittles wants nothing to do with the Arena for a reason, some survivors were in the waterworks before the tower folks, and a behemoth was in there when we got there....so....I'm on board with all of this so far. The only question in that theory to me is how they would've got a crazed skittles to go on a rescue mission

Arthur, this would explain something that bugged me for a while. I kept wondering why Randy would have been in the water works for several days. I wrote a timeline a couple of weeks ago, so I'll have to find where I posted it, but several days pass from the time Sean sends Randy to the water works to the time that Michael and company encounter the behemoth there.

Hoff4D, Skittles could have been part of the rescue team. Chapter 17 Part 3, 16:40, Skittles says that he saw TOWTM twice, 'the second time from a distance, not up close. That's why I told you not to go there, but you didn't listen.' He was referring to the arena. Also, he points to the direction of the arena after encountering Angel,Riley and Datu when they asked where did he come from.

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Arthur, this would explain something that bugged me for a while. I kept wondering why Randy would have been in the water works for several days. I wrote a timeline a couple of weeks ago, so I'll have to find where I posted it, but several days pass from the time Sean sends Randy to the water works to the time that Michael and company encounter the behemoth there.

Hoff4D, Skittles could have been part of the rescue team. Chapter 17 Part 3, 16:40, Skittles says that he saw TOWTM twice, 'the second time from a distance, not up close. That's why I told you not to go there, but you didn't listen.' He was referring to the arena. Also, he points to the direction of the arena after encountering Angel,Riley and Datu when they asked where did he come from.

Yep, I was listening to the chapters in question as I replied, and Arthur is right...Skittles definitely says "I'm going to find them".....so this would give us a lot of insight on what happens there.

But from the narrative style of the show....how do we hear all this? Sean is dead, Randy is presumably Ink 2.0, CJ stays back in the tower to re-fortify and lone-wolf it (presumably)....so I guess we MUST re-encounter Skittles and somehow get a NON-cryptic/panicked dialogue with him?

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 12:21 PM
We still have

Michael gets to know Randy well enough to recognize him at a distance from behind and out of context. That's a lot of familiarity.

Skittles / Dr. Duncan all kinds of stuff there. Does he know Lizzy? Did he know Ink prior? Does he link with Kelly in inks trial? Just way too many speculative possibilities

And don't forget ( Scott Marvin lol) HOPE! She would not have learned Braille, but if she gets her sight back she can fill in a journal and even then if she doesn't she is still can fill in some banks.

pmchawk
Aug 29th, 2013, 01:50 PM
We still have

Michael gets to know Randy well enough to recognize him at a distance from behind and out of context. That's a lot of familiarity.

Skittles / Dr. Duncan all kinds of stuff there. Does he know Lizzy? Did he know Ink prior? Does he link with Kelly in inks trial? Just way too many speculative possibilities

And don't forget ( Scott Marvin lol) HOPE! She would not have learned Braille, but if she gets her sight back she can fill in a journal and even then if she doesn't she is still can fill in some banks.

Part of me believes Micheal knew Randy before the outbreak and that is why he could recognize him so easily from a distance.

I have been thinking that Duncan knew Ink for a while. I didn't realize he was a Doctor though. I was thinking they may be related and that is why he let him in. If that we're the case his mental break could have come from realizing what Ink was doing/had done.

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Part of me believes Micheal knew Randy before the outbreak and that is why he could recognize him so easily from a distance.

I have been thinking that Duncan knew Ink for a while. I didn't realize he was a Doctor though. I was thinking they may be related and that is why he let him in. If that we're the case his mental break could have come from realizing what Ink was doing/had done.

That wold explain some of the mental capacity lost. However, the Dr thing I think just stemmed from my Dr Duncan Mr Skittles comment earlier, just a laugh. We dont have the evidence of a PhD.......yet

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Doh! I did not remember Dr, but thought you did lol.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 29th, 2013, 02:22 PM

We've covered some pretty good stuff here, but I think Nikvoodoo is right. We might be going all Jeff Goldblum over a typo. O_o Other than that, the rest of the thread is pretty awesome.

pmchawk
Aug 29th, 2013, 02:55 PM
To respond the the 1st post, I don't think CJ would mount a counter strike "guns blazing". It just doesn't fit her character. I'd be more intrigued by who all knew of the weapons storages away from Dunbar since CJ didn't like letting people leave even before losing the large convoy, I would imagine not many people knew where they were.

I think that whoever was with Randy at the waterworks station ran into Samantha and they were the ones who failed to rescue her. However, i have 1 doubt about that. I think more then just the those 8 (cj, sean, duncan, Samantha, randy, hope, james, k-man) survived those couple days. I think the clue 8th and grand gives us a clue.

How would a maller know about that? If they did, wouldn't it have been easy for them to find the other tower? CJ also asked Saul and Victor if they were the ones stealing from her. This sounded as if it was recent. Skittles is living off of MREs so we know he isn't. To me this points to there being 1 more Dunbar survivor somewhere, or perhaps that recently changed survivor with the note was the final one.

Grognaurd
Aug 29th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Good catch on the 8th and Grand. The mallers took a lot of slaves. Residents could have been taken after the other tower fell.

Nathan.Luiz
Aug 29th, 2013, 03:24 PM
To respond the the 1st post, I don't think CJ would mount a counter strike "guns blazing". It just doesn't fit her character. I'd be more intrigued by who all knew of the weapons storages away from Dunbar since CJ didn't like letting people leave even before losing the large convoy, I would imagine not many people knew where they were.

I think that whoever was with Randy at the waterworks station ran into Samantha and they were the ones who failed to rescue her. However, i have 1 doubt about that. I think more then just the those 8 (cj, sean, duncan, Samantha, randy, hope, james, k-man) survived those couple days. I think the clue 8th and grand gives us a clue.

How would a maller know about that? If they did, wouldn't it have been easy for them to find the other tower? CJ also asked Saul and Victor if they were the ones stealing from her. This sounded as if it was recent. Skittles is living off of MREs so we know he isn't. To me this points to there being 1 more Dunbar survivor somewhere, or perhaps that recently changed survivor with the note was the final one.

I'd always assumed some Maller had stumbled across it and was stealing from their, written down the address so they could inform Scratch/Durai and/or so they could go there for selfish reasons, and then died before they could act on this. But I may be wrong.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM

8th & Grand note as directions to one of Dunbar's secret stashes of stuff? So, the body of the turned guy found by Victor could have been from one of CJ's crew? Good find.

Hoff4D
Aug 29th, 2013, 10:51 PM
We've covered some pretty good stuff here, but I think Nikvoodoo is right. We might be going all Jeff Goldblum over a typo. O_o Other than that, the rest of the thread is pretty awesome.

I like to call this a....happy accident

Witch_Doctor
Aug 30th, 2013, 04:45 AM
I like to call this a....happy accident

Yes, with Happy Clouds and Happy Trees.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 30th, 2013, 05:08 AM

Ah, finally, a great Boss Ross moment. Thank you, WD. I guess Scratch loved to watch him while being in a mental facility. :) Well, they are both great artists, him and Scratch, they just like to express their ... artistic way in different ways.

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."

Hoff4D
Aug 30th, 2013, 07:46 AM

I knew I liked you WD...so glad you picked up on that reference! Nice work, bravo!

Grognaurd
Aug 30th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Back when I was in college, I used to turn this dude on at 3:00pm and take a nap. I never did any artistic painting, but his show was a lullaby from the stress of college, sports and job...

RIP, man

nikvoodoo
Aug 30th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Back when I was in college, I used to turn this dude on at 3:00pm and take a nap. I never did any artistic painting, but his show was a lullaby from the stress of college, sports and job...

RIP, man

You know....when you click on the most recent comment and it's sitting all by itself on the Page 3 island, this is a very NSFW and mildly disturbing post.

Makes much more sense when put in context. :)

Grognaurd
Aug 30th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Zoinks! Lol. Chapter 2... Dont ask don't tell. Lol. But as long as we have gone there

Poor Riley has been referenced with cross dressing twice
No peaking with Angel
Michael says weird body issues inspection is optional
Scratch cut someone.

Kc
Aug 30th, 2013, 10:22 AM

Confirmed... I had no idea it would cause so much talk. My bad! Sorry :(

pmchawk
Aug 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Talk is never a bad thing, especially with all the branching that happened because of it.

nikvoodoo
Aug 30th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Hey, who am I to judge. That was some killer sleuthing done in here :)

Hoff4D
Aug 30th, 2013, 10:47 AM

Haha, that's why I was so flabbergasted in the chat window like "THATS all you're gonna say?!" because it didnt make sense.

Whatever though, I think this turned out beneficial either way....and probably classified me as quite the tin foil hat advocate. Oh well. I wear it proudly!

Grognaurd
Aug 30th, 2013, 10:53 AM
The other way to look at it is, pick a section in the story, pretty much any random place and we will see there is still a whole bunch that is coming together

Witch_Doctor
Aug 30th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Hey, it was still fun.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 30th, 2013, 11:40 AM

So, Nikvoodoo.... gonna share them donuts? :hsugh:

Hoff4D
Aug 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
So, Nikvoodoo.... gonna share them donuts? :hsugh:

Bakkie-Pleur
Aug 30th, 2013, 04:32 PM
You know....when you click on the most recent comment and it's sitting all by itself on the Page 3 island, this is a very NSFW and mildly disturbing post.

Makes much more sense when put in context. :)

I guess i was not the only one that was slightly confused by that post :)

Bakkie-Pleur
Aug 30th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Haha, that's why I was so flabbergasted in the chat window like "THATS all you're gonna say?!" because it didnt make sense.

Whatever though, I think this turned out beneficial either way....and probably classified me as quite the tin foil hat advocate. Oh well. I wear it proudly!

It would be so cool if the forum had a 'tin foil hat' award for people that keep coming up with these great theories.