PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Able to help with Wikipedia?

Kc
Aug 14th, 2013, 09:14 AM
So, back in 2011 we posted We're Alive on wikipedia, and it got deleted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/We%27re_Alive:_A_%22Zombie%22_Story_of_Survival

So, I was wondering if now's a good time to get it going again? Thoughts? Anyone here an avid editor of Wikipedia and could possibly get us back on?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 14th, 2013, 09:58 AM
What??? They deleted it?

I *love* the Wikipedia relevance criteria. I consider it more important than for example an article about Mett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett) for example.
How is looking for such an article? A pork and onion fanatic? m).

Back to topic, WA prospered whilst being not listed at Wikipedia. However, a Wikipedia article could draw some attention towards this website, too. Hm.

Kc
Aug 14th, 2013, 11:24 AM
What??? They deleted it?

I *love* the Wikipedia relevance criteria. I consider it more important than for example an article about Mett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett) for example.
How is looking for such an article? A pork and onion fanatic? m).

Back to topic, WA prospered whilst being not listed at Wikipedia. However, a Wikipedia article could draw some attention towards this website, too. Hm.

Yeah, and Wikipedia editing is very fickle...

Hellbringer
Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
here's an excerpt from the chat I had with them...

[11:29] <+Huon> hellbringerX, how may we help you?
[11:29] <hellbringerX> just curious why the "we're alive" wikipedia got rejected?
[11:29] <+Dragonfly6-7> Helpmebot - sorry, what's that?
[11:29] <+Dragonfly6-7> hellbringerX - URL, please?
[11:29] <hellbringerX> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/We%27re_Alive,_A_Story_of_Survival
[11:30] <hellbringerX> there's other podcasts that have their own pages on wikipedia
[11:30] <+Dragonfly6-7> and many more that don't
[11:30] <+Dragonfly6-7> and just because a given one is on wikipedia, doesn't mean it *should* be on wikipedia
[11:31] <+Huon> that draft is very short on third-party sources
[11:31] <+Huon> all I see is either by themselves or by the people who bestowed awards on them
[11:31] <hellbringerX> true, but this podcast has been nominated and won awards, and their URLs listed in the reference section
[11:31] <+Huon> no third party seems to have bothered to report on those awards
[11:32] <hellbringerX> what if the article was beefed up on content? I'm looking at this particular one as an example (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Night_Vale)
[11:32] <+Dragonfly6-7> good lord, Night Vale
[11:32] <+Dragonfly6-7> that one is huge
[11:33] == niko [~niko@freenode/staff/ubuntu.member.niko] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
[11:33] <+Dragonfly6-7> *is* there as much coverage on 'We're Alive" as there is on Night Vale ?
[11:33] <+Huon> what you should beef it up on is reliable third-party sources such as newspaper articles or reviews published in reputable magazines
[11:34] <hellbringerX> yeah, i don't understand the series at all.... welcome to night vale, but it seems to merit a page
[11:35] <hellbringerX> itunes has we're alive ranked higher than the other podcast
[11:35] == jamesawatson [97e4c9bb@gateway/web/freenode/ip.151.228.201.187] has joined #wikipedia-en-help
[11:35] <+Helpmebot> Hi there, jamesawatson. Welcome to the English Wikipedia help channel! Please ask your question and wait for a reply (this could take several minutes). If you are asking about a particular page, please provide a link.
[11:36] <+Huon> hellbringerX, that's not the kind of source we're looking for - it doesn't have any editorial oversight or the like
[11:36] <jamesawatson> James B watson is a Turd
[11:37] <+Huon> jamesawatson, do you have any serious questions about editing Wikipedia? Otherwise please leave this channel
[11:37] <hellbringerX> so third party website that has some editors behind it (not reddit or tumble)
[11:37] <+Dragonfly6-7> hellbringerX - there's loads of media coverage of Night Vale

Kc
Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:06 AM
Here's the article of creation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/We%27re_Alive,_A_Story_of_Survival

A few extra links to help:

OC register article: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/salk-301258-one-radio.html

Buzzfeed article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jordanzakarin/radio-serials-podcasts-revival

Our IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2089578/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Just a few for now. Perhaps mentioning a few of our notable voice actors, Bob Bergen and Seth Peterson might be good ones to mention.

IGN interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbCn-eKIjL0

Nerdist interview: http://www.nerdist.com/2013/05/interview-with-were-alive-creator-kc-wayland/

Kc
Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:18 AM
UPDATE: For anyone wondering. Wikipedia is very fickle about content creators (US) posting articles, which is why we're hoping that people on the forum might be able to help us get this article up. Hellbringer was speaking with Wikipedia above in help to authenticate the article.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Gooer
Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:36 AM
It says on Brett Newtons IMBD page, along with some demo reels of him, that he's worked on some pretty big Disney animations, is it the same person? Because if it is, then that could be included with the list of voice actors...maybe....?

Red Shirt
Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:46 AM
I hate to ask this about Wikipedia... but when it comes to creating articles, being a donor hasn't been linked to legitimacy yet, has it?

tonyhind86
Jan 2nd, 2014, 01:13 PM
I've got some free time over the weekend so I'll have a go and see what I can do. Maybe if the wikipedia moderators get enough requests, they'll listen to us.

Hellbringer
Jan 4th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Seven Word Reviews (they have an editor you have to email before your article is posted (http://7wordreview.com/2013/12/06/7-word-review-were-alive/)

University of Chatanooga with editors(http://sequoyareview.com/2013/09/28/a-review-about-a-zombie-podcast-were-alive/)

Audio Drama Reviews of seasons one and two (http://audiodramareviews.com/2013/09/13/were-alive-season-2/) and (http://audiodramareviews.com/2013/01/21/were-alive-a-story-of-survival-season-1/)

Nerdy Magazine with a KC interview posted on it (http://nerdymindsmagazine.com/2013/11/11/werealiveinterviewkcwayland/)

Blogspot... so no editor, but still (http://theevileyeuk.blogspot.com/2012/10/were-alive-zombie-podcast-review.html)

Kc
Jan 5th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Those are good ones too. Who might volunteer to try and add these things and re-submit?

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 02:52 PM
PING- Anyone?

tonyhind86
Jan 7th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I've got downtime tomorrow and Sunday. I'll give it a try.

P.S. A few weeks ago, I tried updating a couple of the Season 1 archives on iMDB, though the feedback I got was that the updates were pending, so not sure if they went through or not, but I'm more than happy to keep going on there aswell if permitted.

Storm
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:04 PM
An article on WP would definitely look good, so I really hope you have luck with it. :) It'd also be a bit easier to recomment the show to people then, I think, if you can throw a Wikipedia link after them. Hehe.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I've got downtime tomorrow and Sunday. I'll give it a try.

P.S. A few weeks ago, I tried updating a couple of the Season 1 archives on iMDB, though the feedback I got was that the updates were pending, so not sure if they went through or not, but I'm more than happy to keep going on there aswell if permitted.

Sure! I mostly have kept the IMDB page updated for the most part, but I'm more than happy to have more info on there. And thanks for your help on the wiki! If we get it up, it would definitely be worth a forum award :)

Hellbringer
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I cannot promise anything especially since I just started a literature course, but I play around with some paragraphs for the wikipedia page. I might move like a turtle, though.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:23 PM
We can also put information paragraphs here to help out.

Kc
Jan 10th, 2014, 05:23 PM
BUmp... again...

MickGinger
Jan 13th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Drop them here, or email me with the paragraphs and I can do it tonight during my regular WAFC recording time.

Kc
Jan 13th, 2014, 03:47 PM
here's some info that would be very beneficial and things for an encyclopedia entry.

Background: We're Alive started early in 2009 when creator, Kc Wayland, originally outlined the story for a pitch for television. At the time he saw there was a gap in programming that could be filled by a horror survival. He designed a show that would take advantage of the repeated set, the tower, and then branch out from there as the show would get more popular. After the initial story and character outlines were created, he then proceeded to talk with other film producers seeing if there would be a way to get the show on broadcast television.

After not being able to successfully pitch the idea, Kc then decided to produce the show as an audio drama. The concept for self-production was a "if you build it, they will come"; in regards to both listeners and producers. In late April of 2009, Kc met with Shane and pitched the idea, setting in motion the two producers who would then create the serialized audio format.

Kc and Shane went on to produce two seasons (1-2), and then Grayson Stone (a Zintern in season 1 and 2) and Kc continued to produce seasons 3 and 4.

The Format:
Several aspects went into why the audio-only format. By limiting the visuals, the story would be able to explore limitless possibilities in settings and situations not fully explored by this sort of genre. Being a "horror", the power of sound and "what you can't see", could be utilized in a powerful way. Using no visuals also limited the vastness of the production. Actors could come in once every two months for a full day of recording, and that would cover 6 full episodes (2 Chapters). It was one of the only ways a story this long was able to be told.

The production process: A typical chapter is about 60 pages long, and is recorded by the actors in a recording stage in Orange County, CA. A typical day runs about 6 to 8 hours of raw recording. From there, a voice cutter then goes through the session and separates just the usable lines, and then passes it onto another editor who then lays in the initial sound effects and pacing. The last stage then goes back to Kc, who acts as the supervising sound editor and covers the last stage of production, often doing a large amount of foley and music selections.

Release dates and length.
In a typical month We're Alive produces 3 episodes, or 1 chapter, taking one week off between chapters. 12 chapters make up one season, and there are 4 seasons with a total of 48 chapters. Each episode is approx 20 minutes meaning each chapter is about an hour long.

Initial reception:
We're Alive had a very slow start after the first episode aired in May of 2009. It took over five months for the series to exceed more than 100 downloads a day. However, a long steady episodes increased the pace of climbing download numbers and reached 1 Million total downloads by August 16, 2010 followed by a boost of over 2 Million more in the 4 months after that. From there We're Alive continues to gather more listeners, reaching 20 Million in December of 2013.

MickGinger
Jan 13th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Do you more information pointing to where I'm going to attribute the facts?

Kc
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Do you more information pointing to where I'm going to attribute the facts?

Oh, the references for that stuff? Since you can't link here I guess. Hmmm... I guess I'd need to have that article on a site other than here, like an interview.

MickGinger
Jan 14th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I found that stuff that was on Page 1 that I used...plus I added Time Freaking Magazine so hopefully that is "notable" enough...

Kc
Jan 14th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I found that stuff that was on Page 1 that I used...plus I added Time Freaking Magazine so hopefully that is "notable" enough...

Awesome! We have some stuff on IMDB as well I think? I might be wrong. How does it look everyone else? Anything else to add or to fix or...?

tonyhind86
Jan 14th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Character pages on iMDB would be a good idea. We could use the info from the WA wiki

Kc
Jan 14th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Character pages on iMDB would be a good idea. We could use the info from the WA wiki

I meant interviews. IMDB wiki stuff is not a good idea only because they want you to pay $ to upload any images. Even episode covers they're like NOPE, sorry, gotta pay $10 per image or something stupid like that.

MickGinger
Jan 14th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I submitted what was there already, but we can continue to edit it while it is awaiting the approval process. The main thing I want to add, but I can't think of a good way to do it is adding the actors that are "notable" according to wikipedia (they have pages). The two I know of are already mentioned earlier in the Thread, Bob B and Seth Peterson.

Kc
Jan 15th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I submitted what was there already, but we can continue to edit it while it is awaiting the approval process. The main thing I want to add, but I can't think of a good way to do it is adding the actors that are "notable" according to wikipedia (they have pages). The two I know of are already mentioned earlier in the Thread, Bob B and Seth Peterson.

Yeah, Bob Bergen and Seth Peterson are two good ones to have up there.

MickGinger
Jan 15th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah, Bob Bergen and Seth Peterson are two good ones to have up there.

If you or anyone on this tread can think of a way to fit them in the article in a way that makes sense I can add it if you can't or don't want to.

Kc
Jan 15th, 2014, 11:53 AM
If you or anyone on this tread can think of a way to fit them in the article in a way that makes sense I can add it if you can't or don't want to.

I'm trying to keep away due to the "self-promotion" dis-qualifier, but they could be in a section of "Notable guest voices". We also had Veronica and Greg Miller, which could be considered notable.

MickGinger
Jan 15th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Yeah I get that, I added the notable guest voices section.

Hellbringer
Jan 16th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Sorry, my class is getting the better of me, but I have a free night. I have some ideas from what I see on the wikipedia project page, so I will do some nominal suggesting editing. I'll post in here later tonight with what I did.

Hellbringer
Jan 16th, 2014, 05:42 PM
here's some info that would be very beneficial and things for an encyclopedia entry.

Background: We're Alive started early in 2009 when creator, Kc Wayland, originally outlined the story for a pitch for television. At the time he saw there was a gap in programming that could be filled by a horror survival. He designed a show that would take advantage of the repeated set, the tower, and then branch out from there as the show would get more popular. After the initial story and character outlines were created, he then proceeded to talk with other film producers seeing if there would be a way to get the show on broadcast television.

After not being able to successfully pitch the idea, Kc then decided to produce the show as an audio drama. The concept for self-production was a "if you build it, they will come"; in regards to both listeners and producers. In late April of 2009, Kc met with Shane and pitched the idea, setting in motion the two producers who would then create the serialized audio format.

Kc and Shane went on to produce two seasons (1-2), and then Grayson Stone (a Zintern in season 1 and 2) and Kc continued to produce seasons 3 and 4.

The Format:
Several aspects went into why the audio-only format. By limiting the visuals, the story would be able to explore limitless possibilities in settings and situations not fully explored by this sort of genre. Being a "horror", the power of sound and "what you can't see", could be utilized in a powerful way. Using no visuals also limited the vastness of the production. Actors could come in once every two months for a full day of recording, and that would cover 6 full episodes (2 Chapters). It was one of the only ways a story this long was able to be told.

The production process: A typical chapter is about 60 pages long, and is recorded by the actors in a recording stage in Orange County, CA. A typical day runs about 6 to 8 hours of raw recording. From there, a voice cutter then goes through the session and separates just the usable lines, and then passes it onto another editor who then lays in the initial sound effects and pacing. The last stage then goes back to Kc, who acts as the supervising sound editor and covers the last stage of production, often doing a large amount of foley and music selections.

Release dates and length.
In a typical month We're Alive produces 3 episodes, or 1 chapter, taking one week off between chapters. 12 chapters make up one season, and there are 4 seasons with a total of 48 chapters. Each episode is approx 20 minutes meaning each chapter is about an hour long.

Initial reception:
We're Alive had a very slow start after the first episode aired in May of 2009. It took over five months for the series to exceed more than 100 downloads a day. However, a long steady episodes increased the pace of climbing download numbers and reached 1 Million total downloads by August 16, 2010 followed by a boost of over 2 Million more in the 4 months after that. From there We're Alive continues to gather more listeners, reaching 20 Million in December of 2013.

I think this is good, if not great, info to add, but maybe later in the editing process once the page is approved. I'm using a couple of podcast pages currently approved on wikipedia's site as a basis for what to have (at a minimum), so this info along with all the links submitted thus far will help flesh out the article.

Oh, here's two more links to add...

http://techland.time.com/2010/10/29/your-next-zombie-obsession-were-alive/ (found it on the kickstarter project page... don't know how to include that yet, but I can picture something all "Hollywood movie setting" with it.)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117983012 (yes, I stole that from your wiki page.)

Hellbringer
Jan 16th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Okay, I'm going to post my recommendations along with the original write-up from the wikipedia page in chunks...

me:
We're Alive - A Story of Survival is a podcast (Wikipedia link to “podcast”) presented as a radio drama (link to Wikipedia’s “radio drama”) set in Los Angeles during a zombie outbreak (use the Time article link for this sentence… that should make those Wikipedia heretics happy). It was created by KC Wayland and Shane Salk with the current version of the audio drama produced by Wayland Productions.

We're Alive premiered May 4th 2009 for podcast distribution on iTunes and Zune Marketplace, and is currently in its 4th and final season We’re Alive is released in three episode chapters with each new episode available on Mondays and a two week break scheduled between chapters. Episodes run between 20 to 30 minutes each.

Original:
We're Alive - A Story of Survival is a story that follows a large group of survivors in downtown Los Angeles. The current version of the audio drama is produced by Wayland Productions, and is distributed through CD/Digital downloads by Blackstone Audio and also through the Nerdist Podcast Network.[1]

Hellbringer
Jan 16th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Needless to say, I jumped around while doing this....

me:
Contents
• 1 Background
• 2 Format
• 3 Production Process
• 4 Release Dates and Episode Length
• 5 Publication
• 6 Awards
• 7 Cast
• 8 Notable Guest Voices
• 9 References
• 10 Submission for Article Creation

Background
We're Alive started early in 2009 when creator, Kc Wayland, originally outlined the story for a pitch for television. At the time he saw there was a gap in programming that could be filled by a horror survival series. He designed a show that would take advantage of the repeated set, the tower, and then branch out from there as the show would get more popular. After the initial story and character outlines were created, he then proceeded to talk with other film producers seeing if there would be a way to get the show on broadcast television.

After not being able to successfully pitch the idea, Wayland then decided to produce the show as an audio drama. The concept for self-production was a "if you build it, they will come"; in regards to both listeners and producers. In late April of 2009, Wayland met with Shane Salk and pitched the idea, setting in motion the two producers who would then create the serialized audio format.

Wayland and Salk went on to produce the first two seasons, and then Grayson Stone (an intern in season 1 and 2) and Wayland continued to produce the final two seasons.

(I can totally see those Wikipedia people eating this apart because there are no references. (((30 minutes later))) Actually, after taking some Tylenol and rereading this, I think if this synopsis is sprinkled with links to the IGN and Nerdist articles, it should fly for the most part. I cannot edit or contribute anymore right now.)

original:

Contents

1 Podcast
2 Background
3 Format
4 Production Process
5 Release Dates and Episode Length
6 Published Version
7 Awards
8 Notable Guest Voices
9 References
10 Submission for Article Creation

Podcast

We're Alive premiered May 4th 2009 on iTunes, and is currently in its 4th and last season. When in production, the We're Alive series airs 3 episodes a month and 36 episodes a season.[2]
Background

We're Alive started early in 2009 when creator, Kc Wayland, originally outlined the story for a pitch for television. At the time he saw there was a gap in programming that could be filled by a horror survival series. He designed a show that would take advantage of the repeated set, the tower, and then branch out from there as the show would get more popular. After the initial story and character outlines were created, he then proceeded to talk with other film producers seeing if there would be a way to get the show on broadcast television.

After not being able to successfully pitch the idea, Wayland then decided to produce the show as an audio drama. The concept for self-production was a "if you build it, they will come"; in regards to both listeners and producers. In late April of 2009, Wayland met with Shane Salk and pitched the idea, setting in motion the two producers who would then create the serialized audio format

Wayland and Salk went on to produce the first two seasons, and then Grayson Stone (an intern in season 1 and 2) and Wayland continued to produce the final two seasons.

Hellbringer
Jan 16th, 2014, 06:44 PM
me:
Release Dates and Episode Length
In a typical month, We're Alive produces three episodes, or one chapter, taking one week off between chapters. Twelve chapters make up one season, and there are four seasons with a total of forty eight chapters. Each episode runs between twenty to thirty minutes making each chapter just over an hour long (use the NerdyMagazine article link here).

Publication
Blackstone audio (Wikipedia link to Blackstone Audio, Inc.) has published all three seasons of We’re Alive for Wayland Productions. In May 2013, the Nerdist announced that it added We’re Alive to the Nerdish Podcast Network (insert the Nerdist KC interview footnote link here). In October 2010, We’re Alive reached one million downloads and reached three million by the end of that December. (the OC register article). On 15 January, 2014, Wayland Productions announced that the We’re Alive series had reached 20 million downloads (footnote link to the We’re Alive facebook page announcement unless there’s some other announcement location)

original:
Release Dates and Episode Length

In a typical month, We're Alive produces three episodes, or one chapter, taking one week off between chapters. Twelve chapters make up one season, and there are four seasons with a total of forty eight chapters. Each episode is approximately twenty minutes meaning each chapter is about an hour long.
Published Version

Blackstone audio has published all three season currently in print. Season 1[4], Season 2 [5], Season 3[6]

Hellbringer
Jan 16th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I added a Cast section before the notable guest voices section.

(The reason I chose these actors/actresses and characters was because they were predominant in season one. It can be fleshed out later, but most wikipedia articles I've read list only main character in a section like this)

Cast (if they have a Wikipedia page, then link, otherwise leave it be)
• Jim Gleason as Michael
• Shane Salk as Angel
• Nate Geez as Saul
• Elisa Eliot as Pegs
• Claire Dodin as Riley
• Scott Marvin as Burt
• Tammy Klein as Kelly
• Jay Olegario as Datu
• Blaire Wayland as Lizzy
Notable Guest Voices...

Red Shirt
Jan 16th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Here's a thought, the listenership data you mention (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1267-Ask-Him-Yourself!&p=70751&viewfull=1#post70751) in the "Ask Him Yourself" thread, is that publicly available? That might provide more useful information to the article's page if it is linkable.

Another thought is the disambiguation header that you see at the top of some articles and disambiguation page... is that something that wiki figures out for itself and auto populates or something that also needs to be written? There's a J-Pop group with a single by that name, (Sōda! We're Alive) the name of a German play (Hoppla, We're Alive!) and the first album of a Christian rock group. (Live Like We're Alive) Those are the first three things that (currently) return if you search Wikipedia for We're Alive.

Hellbringer
Jan 17th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Here's a thought, the listenership data you mention (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1267-Ask-Him-Yourself!&p=70751&viewfull=1#post70751) in the "Ask Him Yourself" thread, is that publicly available? That might provide more useful information to the article's page if it is linkable.

Another thought is the disambiguation header that you see at the top of some articles and disambiguation page... is that something that wiki figures out for itself and auto populates or something that also needs to be written? There's a J-Pop group with a single by that name, (Sōda! We're Alive) the name of a German play (Hoppla, We're Alive!) and the first album of a Christian rock group. (Live Like We're Alive) Those are the first three things that (currently) return if you search Wikipedia for We're Alive.

I don't know if the Wikipedia powers-that-be would allow forum posts as a point of reference unless it is to show where a controversy started or the announcement of a new project (like a movie or a book). I know there's a ton of information that can populate the actual wikipedia page from the we're alive forums, but no one edits the forums.

I really hate the restrictions that Wikipedia seems to indiscriminately place for new articles and editing, but I can understand their reasoning... sometimes. Man, I sound like a Negative Nancy right now.

Kc
Jan 17th, 2014, 08:51 AM

I don't know if the Wikipedia powers-that-be would allow forum posts as a point of reference unless it is to show where a controversy started or the announcement of a new project (like a movie or a book). I know there's a ton of information that can populate the actual wikipedia page from the we're alive forums, but no one edits the forums.

I really hate the restrictions that Wikipedia seems to indiscriminately place for new articles and editing, but I can understand their reasoning... sometimes. Man, I sound like a Negative Nancy right now.

Yes. It's not the best source. Our stats are from our stats page which isn't publicly available, BUT I would say that stuff can be added AFTER the wiki gets approved. At this junction we need to make sure the whole thing is tight, neat, and well sourced. After it's created, modifying it is MUCH easier.

Kc
Jan 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Current status: Review waiting. This may take 2–3 weeks. The Articles for creation process is highly backlogged. Please be patient. There are 1072 submissions waiting for review (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Pending_AfC_submissions).

tonyhind86
Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:02 PM
I noticed on iMDB that a few of my updates haven't gone through. The only one that went through was the update I did on Episode 1-1. I'll have another try tomorrow and see if I can get more progress

Kc
Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
I noticed on iMDB that a few of my updates haven't gone through. The only one that went through was the update I did on Episode 1-1. I'll have another try tomorrow and see if I can get more progress

Those can sometimes take days to process. It all depends on who edited it, but they should go through.

tonyhind86
Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:27 PM
Those can sometimes take days to process. It all depends on who edited it, but they should go through.

I did the updates a couple of weeks ago. However, I know how awkward these sites can be, so I saved copies of the edits I made to my computer. Basically, I did plot overviews for every chapter of Season 1 (minus spoilers etc) and have already started work on Seasons 2-4. This time tomorrow, I should have them all inputted into iMDB :)

Kc
Jan 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM

That's not even a thing that applies!!

MickGinger
Jan 24th, 2014, 11:35 AM
It's ALIVE!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We%27re_Alive,_A_Story_of_Survival …

Kc
Jan 24th, 2014, 12:02 PM
It's ALIVE!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We%27re_Alive,_A_Story_of_Survival …

I can't thumbs up this more! YOU DID IT!!!!

If anyone would like to link us from other pages, feel free. I already linked us from the Nerdist Industries wikipedia page, but the more the better!

MickGinger
Jan 24th, 2014, 12:07 PM
For historical purposes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How is my Entry a Neologism?[edit]

Please give me more info on exaclty what this means...and how the article I submitted is such a thing? — Preceding unsigned comment added by MickGinger (talk • contribs) 02:49, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
The article did not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines. I suggest you read what they are and attempt to fix your article by finding things that make your article notable. This is why the article was declined. -PendingTell me I screwed up! 13:02, 24 January 2014 (UTC)

Thanks, but I have read them, and followed all of the guidelines. However, the reason was that this was a Neologism? This is incorrect...How much more notable is Time Magazine? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 132.83.254.2 (talk) 17:16, 24 January 2014 (UTC)

Let me read the article again. If you wish I will edit some stuff in your article, and make it acceptable.PendingTell me I screwed up! 17:17, 24 January 2014 (UTC) My bad. I meant to tag it for notability. I see why you were asking that. Accepted. -PendingTell me I screwed up! 17:22, 24 January 2014 (UTC)

Kc
Jan 24th, 2014, 12:22 PM
For a minute there I was like "WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM US?"!"!"
Almost was like giving up, but it's there! YAY!!!!

tonyhind86
Jan 24th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Just saw it - brilliant news! Glad you guys prevailed :)

Next step - a billboard in Times Square...

MickGinger
Jan 24th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Next step - a billboard in Times Square...

Somehow I think that would be easier!

Gooer
Jan 24th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Well done guys, great job!

tonyhind86
Jan 24th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Somehow I think that would be easier!

It would probably be easier to paint a huge "We're Alive" sign on the Moon!

Kc
Jan 24th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Someone just got Angel Wings...

MickGinger
Jan 24th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Sweet!! Thanks! How do they look?

Hellbringer
Feb 9th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Soooo.... this article pisses me off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobage

How much did the wikipedia gurus argue about content and yet this page is allowed to be there? I guess it is/was allowed because the page was originally created in Dec 2011. But all it was a place holder.

As Peter Griffins would say, "that really grinds my gears."

tonyhind86
Feb 10th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Soooo.... this article pisses me off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobage

How much did the wikipedia gurus argue about content and yet this page is allowed to be there? I guess it is/was allowed because the page was originally created in Dec 2011. But all it was a place holder.

As Peter Griffins would say, "that really grinds my gears."

Or like my old nan says, "it really boils my piss" :nik: