PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 37 Title reveal will be in this thread!

nikvoodoo
Aug 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Hey there hi there ho there ladies and gents!

We are counting down the days, hours, minutes seconds until noon o'clock Eastern/9am Pacific time on the 26th. I have the title of Chapter 37 and will reveal it in this thread next week. I'd ideally love to release it on the Season 4 preview episode of We're Not Dead, but I think I've learned my lesson promising that will happen in a timely manner!

Take some stabs in the dark! What do you think the chapter title is??

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 13th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Ah, first! "Hunting Season"

Osiris
Aug 13th, 2013, 10:49 AM
"Shut up and take my money."

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
:yay:

I. Am. So. Excited.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
:yay:

I. Am. So. Excited.

Liam, I promote you to Pointer Sister honorary. (I am excited, too! But *sshhh*)

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Liam, I promote you to Pointer Sister honorary. (I am excited, too! But *sshhh*)

You. Have. No. Idea!
Oh. My. God! Oh. My. F*cking. God!!!

turbo
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Beginning of the End

Or

Alpha and Omega

Robzombie
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Okay, now for some relevant comments, ahem...Liam...:squint:, ...possible episode titles (tongue in cheek)...

Revenge of the Humans

Kick-Ass

Lickin Wounds

Watcha Gonna Do When I Come For You

Burt Loves Scratch

We're Still Alive

We're Alive...well...mostly

UndeadSweeper
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Cranky Datu Beyond Zombiedome

The Z-Team

Pandemic

One-legged Angry Samurai

That was left hand, Scarface!

One finger on the trigger

1 tall one for Shirley

LiamKerrington
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Okay, now for some relevant comments, ahem...Liam...:squint:, ...possible episode titles (tongue in cheek)...

:p

As for a title for #37:

"Deeds of Desperation"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Just another idea: maybe it is time for a Kazuo Ishiguro pastiche - so why not use the title: The Remains Of The Day?

Witch_Doctor
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Family Reunion

Sounds like a Tyler Perry Movie.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 13th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Just another idea: maybe it is time for a Kazuo Ishiguro pastiche - so why not use the title: The Remains Of The Day?

One of my Favorite movies.

OldtypeM87
Aug 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Into the Darkness part 1 of 3

nikvoodoo
Aug 13th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Some great titles so far!! Keep the guesses comin'!

Robzombie
Aug 13th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Some more useless contributions.
If the chapter starts off as an Ink back story...

"Anti-social. Part 1 of 3"
or
"You think I'm crazy now? Part 1 of 3"
or
"A funny thing happened on the way to the mental hospital. Part 1 of 3"

If season 4 starts with the crew of the International Space Station...

"They look so tiny from up here. Part 1 of 3"
or
"Can't get me up here. Part 1 of 3"
or
"Major Tom to Ground Control...hello?...hello!? Part 1 of 3"

Red Shirt
Aug 13th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Given the recent use of nuclear weapons...

Ashes, Ashes... We All Fall Down.

Ashes in Our Mouth.

Malador
Aug 13th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Episode 37, Turning the Tide

scbubba
Aug 14th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Taking Names

Fallout

With apologies to Randy Newman, "Episode 37: I Love LA!"

With apologies to everyone else...

It Just Takes.... How Many Do We Have Left?

The Beverly Hills Hellraisers

Straight Outta Compton

Born in East L.A. - An Ink Retrospective

In-N-Out (Animal Style)

LiamKerrington
Aug 14th, 2013, 04:34 AM
"Stormy Monday - Episode 1-3" - a group of survivors gets into trouble while doing reconnaissance in Downtown LA

"Calm before the Storm - Episode 1-3" - Scratch and Tardust prepare an attempt to take over Dunbar

"Petshop - episode 1-3" - the survivors collect all kinds of animals, yes, even Mr Whiskers, to fight tha increase of rats and mice troubling the survivors' food ressources

"Locking and Loading - episode 1-3" - preparing first attacks on the hospital

"New Hope - episode 1-3" - Hope is capable of seeing again; and that makes her a badass in the fight against zombs

"Revenge of the Fallen - episode 1-3" - Scratch and Tardust do something, or maybe even ANYthing to fight the survivors

"Mark 2 - epsiode 1-3" - the survivors have established a workshop to recreate guns and ammunition - and Burt gets his new Shirley Mark 2

"Elementary - episode 1-3" - the named survivors train all the red-shirts and no-named survivors how to fight zombies!

Litmaster
Aug 14th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Uh, let's see....

"There and Back Again" ? (the Colony, I mean)

"Full Metal Jacket"

"We're Mad As Hell and We're NOT Gonna Take it Anymore!!!"

"Taking Back the Streets"

"Burt Unchained"

"We're Alive IV: Wrath of Burt"

"Get Inky"

"Kill Bill" (Get it? Ink's real name, y'know?)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
"Time to stop procrastinating tomorrow"

Kc
Aug 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Some of these are really good. There may be one that might stick in my head... maybe I should stop reading these...

Merlin1274
Aug 14th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Full Circle.. Part 1 of 3.

Man I can not wait until the 26th..

LiamKerrington
Aug 14th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Sorry ... But I need to add one:

"U-Turn - episode 1-3" - having flead and tried to avoid more death through seasons 1 through 3 the survivors now make a 180° turn and bring death to the undead ...

nikvoodoo
Aug 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Some of these are really good. There may be one that might stick in my head... maybe I should stop reading these...

I don't even know the content of the chapter obviously, but I have to say I've loved these and some of the ones from Facebook too.

Robzombie
Aug 14th, 2013, 12:41 PM
A couple more.
If it's Ink, Scratch, Angel backstory:

"All in the Family"
or
"A 'Special' kind of crazy"

Refering to the birth:

"THAT...is.....Henry?!"
or
"Hungry Henry?"
or
"Saul 2.0"

UndeadSweeper
Aug 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM
One by one : Killing the number ones

In Sanity : The Plan to take back

Buried the Dead : Starring CODI

Bring out your dead

Scratch and Sniff : Finding Scarface

Tower Defense

Through the Cuckoo Nest

Suited for the grave

No longer prey

When sheep hunt

A few step ahead of a mastermind

Death is no longer an option

Witch_Doctor
Aug 14th, 2013, 01:43 PM
All of the other chapter Titles from the series have had a Steven-Seagalesque cadence.
No One is Safe - To quote Skittles
Within Our Walls
Natural Born Leader - Micheal vs CJ, Ink vs Randy
Counter Attack
Riposte - From a chapter in a Tom Clancy novel, I don't remember which one.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 14th, 2013, 02:05 PM
A couple more:

Day of the Dead, Night of the Living

Everywhere I go, things go boom.

Disturbing the Dead

Let the body hit the floor

Eyes in the sky

Take a number

A Full House vs a Straight Suit

KC, can we at least have the announcer read the top ten possible titles? ;-)

Kc
Aug 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM

Sadly, we don't have that sort of time... It wouldn't set a good tone to have a director have an actor perform something we don't intend to use.

Solanine
Aug 14th, 2013, 03:53 PM
So I've definitely got it. The next few chapter names will go like this

Chapter 36 "Ring a ring o' Roses"
Chapter 37 "A pocket full of posies"
Chapter 38 "Atishoo Atishoo"
Chapter 39 "We all fall down"

Chapter 39 is a feature length special that brings the show to a close.
(Heads up everybody dies, the last seen depicts skittles picking over the ashes of the colony).

Witch_Doctor
Aug 14th, 2013, 07:44 PM

Sadly, we don't have that sort of time... It wouldn't set a good tone to have a director have an actor perform something we don't intend to use.

No problem, we just win a quiz on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and have Carl Cassel Read them.

Litmaster
Aug 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Creepy piano music, then Michael Swann's voice comes in....

"We're Alive.... Chapter 37: The Rise of Litmaster..."

(Uh, okay... prob. wishful thinking)

UndeadSweeper
Aug 15th, 2013, 07:38 AM
No problem, we just win a quiz on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and have Carl Cassel Read them.

Maybe:

The guy from honest trailer or "we" can ask SUPER MUCHO MACHO MAN Z Sniper :D

Witch_Doctor
Aug 15th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Creepy piano music, then Michael Swann's voice comes in....

"We're Alive.... Chapter 37: The Rise of Litmaster..."

(Uh, okay... prob. wishful thinking)

"Hello, Hello? This is the Hawaiian. I've found another place." said Kalani into the radio. A female's voice hissed back, "OK, what's the address?"

"19 Nocturne Bldv. This place has..." Kalani's sentence was interrupted by footsteps behind him. "What? It has what?" screamed Scratch. "Hold a sec. Keep it down. Someone just walked in." Kalani answered. He turned to the man standing there, casually holding a shiny object in his hand. Over the radio, Scratch hears Kalani say to him, "Hey buddy, why don't you take that pen and write in your journal somewhere else. I don't need you distracting me from guard duty. Hey? Hey, you there. Are you deaf or something?" The man doesn't move, except to raise the pen towards Kalani. Scratch screams into the radio, "Just kill him! He's gonna to be dead in a few minutes, just like the rest of them anyway."

Kalani looks around and grabs a pink and white Hello Kitty Katana, engraved with CJ luvs ST on the blade. He raises it towards the man with the pen who chuckles at the threat. "Is THAT all you've got?" says LitMaster.

Hey, I guess it's true. Wishful thinking if the source of good fiction.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Chapter 37 - "Yet Another Bloody Colony."

Kc
Aug 15th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Ya'll are working up the title so much, I don't think i can live up to the HYPE ;)

Witch_Doctor
Aug 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Chapter 37 - "Yet Another Bloody Colony."

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM
"Chapter 37 - New Adventures In Mono" Well, there have been some minor recording issues, maybe... or was it meant as a reminescence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_in_Mono)?

Witch_Doctor
Aug 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM
"Chapter 37 - New Adventures In Mono" Well, there have been some minor recording issues, maybe... or was it meant as a reminescence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_in_Mono)?

Took me a second. I thought you were talking about the disease.

UndeadSweeper
Aug 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Ya'll are working up the title so much, I don't think i can live up to the HYPE ;)

I'm hoping that doesn't mean the next eps. are: Prenatal & Pregnancy Classes with Saul

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 16th, 2013, 11:33 PM
"Chapter 37 - Alive and kicking"

LiamKerrington
Aug 17th, 2013, 12:30 AM
"Chapter 37 - Alive and kicking"

"Kick Ass - Undying"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 17th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Chapter 37 - The coffee interlude (including Robbins and Muldoon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QGnWnFWoxA

Z Sniper
Aug 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Sorry guys, the title is "I'm Gonna Get You Zucka!"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 17th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Sorry guys, the title is "I'm Gonna Get You Zucka!"

Capítulo 37: Se necesita una gran cantidad de cojones! (First all-Spanish episode)

Duffusmonkey
Aug 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Dos cervasas por favor!

Litmaster
Aug 17th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I'm hoping that doesn't mean the next eps. are: Prenatal & Pregnancy Classes with Saul

Yeah, seriously... can we just skip past the birth altogether? Like, jump forward in time until after the baby is born? Really don't feel like wasting airtime on Saul's "He has eyes just like you!" bullshit.

Er, I like kids. Just, not in my zombie flicks.

cupcakezombie
Aug 18th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Going from the cover art how about "The Puppet Master"

LiamKerrington
Aug 18th, 2013, 01:26 AM

Or: "Cutting the Ropes"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM

We had been warned by Metallica...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b2/Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets_cover.jpg/220px-Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets_cover.jpg

nikvoodoo
Aug 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Just to keep things focused, the artwork revealed earlier is not artwork for chapter 37

Kc
Aug 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Just to keep things focused, the artwork revealed earlier is not artwork for chapter 37

True. Unless the new artwork doesn't get done by then. #justsaying. #jugglingalot

nikvoodoo
Aug 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
True. Unless the new artwork doesn't get done by then. #justsaying. #jugglingalot

Yeah!!! What Kc said! That Nikvoodoo guy is a damnded idiot!

Wait.....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 19th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Chapter 37: Sex, Lies And Videotape

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Here is my a bit more poetic approach:

Chapter 37: The Constant In A Sea Of ​​Variables

OldtypeM87
Aug 19th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Ch. 37 How Pegs got her groove back.

That leads to so many horrible thoughts floating around here now

Z Sniper
Aug 19th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Capítulo 37: Se necesita una gran cantidad de cojones! (First all-Spanish episode)

now,that's funny!

nikvoodoo
Aug 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM
As was mentioned in the chatbox and on Facebook, WND is recording tonight and I'll be revealing the name on there. Since I know the usual turn around time for an episode is about mid afternoon the next day (give or take), I will post the chapter name in here tomorrow at noon EST. I will post under the Spoiler tags to protect those that would want to keep it a surprise. I know this is a spoiler section, but I don't want to ruin it for people that don't want to know early.

This might also be a decent time to remember that Facebook doesn't have spoiler tags. I'll also be revealing it there, too.

nikvoodoo
Aug 20th, 2013, 09:00 AM
The moment you've all waited for!!!!! Chapter 37 is:

Balance of Power

Let the speculation begin in earnest!

UndeadSweeper
Aug 20th, 2013, 09:13 AM
The moment you've all waited for!!!!! Chapter 37 is:

Balance of Power

Let the speculation begin in earnest!

Really?!?! The Lost Adventures of Mr. Whiskers and Skittles? So we going to jump back between the to the Tower and that "other place", KC??? ;-)

Grognaurd
Aug 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Really?!?! The Lost Adventures of Mr. Whiskers and Skittles? So we going to jump back the Tower, KC??? ;-)

But what about the gorilla with the baseball bat?

scbubba
Aug 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
But what about the gorilla with the baseball bat?

I thought it was a cricket bat (based on Pippen's backstory)...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Balance of power? Between those three fractions? No way. It sounds as contradicting as a Penrose triangle.

http://www.3d-print-news.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1000px-Penrose-dreieck-300x272.png

Grognaurd
Aug 20th, 2013, 09:35 AM

I thought they were going to catch up with Rex for an "incredible Journy"

UndeadSweeper
Aug 20th, 2013, 09:40 AM

No, No that not until they meet Ashley James Williams at the Shop Smart.

Robzombie
Aug 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I'll just copy what I posted on facebook

"Michael doesn't like having his toes stepped on very much, which might bring him to conflict with CJ. I don't think it will last though and they'll figure out how to work together. She's the planner and he's the executor, in time it'll be a perfect match."

Yeah, I think it's going to be about who gets to play the boss between CJ and Michael. Then maybe, just possibly we'll see some sort of power struggle between the zeds?? I kinda doubt it as I think Ink is firmly in that role but others have suggested, not that I agree, that Randy is somehow a leader as well.

IamPaul
Aug 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I'll just copy what I posted on facebook

"Michael doesn't like having his toes stepped on very much, which might bring him to conflict with CJ. I don't think it will last though and they'll figure out how to work together. She's the planner and he's the executor, in time it'll be a perfect match."

Yeah, I think it's going to be about who gets to play the boss between CJ and Michael. Then maybe, just possibly we'll see some sort of power struggle between the zeds?? I kinda doubt it as I think Ink is firmly in that role but others have suggested, not that I agree, that Randy is somehow a leader as well.

I like the idea with Michael and CJ (If she stays alive) And I would love to see some sort of fight between the zeds. And let's not forget Scratch. What may happen there? It also could mean a balance between the soldiers and the Tower soldiers. All kinds of power needs balanced before they take the fight to The Man Called Ink.

Bakkie-Pleur
Aug 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Damm I cant wait for this, I even put the date of when the first episode starts in my agenda...probably will be a hard day for the F5 key on my keyboard!

nikvoodoo
Aug 20th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Damm I cant wait for this, I even put the date of when the first episode starts in my agenda...probably will be a hard day for the F5 key on my keyboard!

If you're an iPhone user you can download the app and it will upload in real time along with www.zombiepodcast.com. Otherwise, yes...have a spare keyboard so F5 doesn't die.

Bakkie-Pleur
Aug 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I got it on my ipad, probably will be checking bot the website as the app on my ipad :)

LiamKerrington
Aug 20th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mh.

Interesting choice for an title. Since it is hidden in spoiler tags, I will do the same with my thoughts:

"Balance of Power" could address multiple levels within the show:
a) Michael and the soliders are very new faces to the other survivors in the Colony. Considering the revolution and/or coup within the Colony right before them zeehs attacked I could imagine that some to many of the survivors won't accept the "foreigners" as leaders as easily as the former Tower-folks would and will do. So basically we have survivors from all various factions - the at least two factions of the original Colony, the remaining Mallers (if there are any at all), and finally the Tower-folks we are used to love, and hug, and sleep with *ahem*. And they need to get organized - somehowish. So I think Michael and guys would like to take the lead, but not with a hierarchy military-style or what they used to do in any other survivors' location in the past - but more on basic pirnciples of 'democracy' or something, because of a certain lack of acceptance on the one side and a general agrrement and acknowledgement that without a combined will and struggle for survival none would or could do it.
b) The zombs got their asses handed by the survivors big time. So they won't attack the Colony as willingly and as easily as they did at the end of season #4. Maybe even the zombs will avoid the survivors as much as possible in order to keep their numbers as steady as possible. And the same applies for the survivors who start preparing for recon- and attack-missions.
c) Crackpot-theories up: In the past the WA community heavily debates on the roles of and relations between Randy and Ink. Maybe the "zombiliating" (equivalent for zombs as what humiliation is to humans) in the last battle over the Colony put such a pressure on Ink's army that Randy has become more powerful and a certain tense situation starts evolving within the zombie-people.
d) Scratch and Tardust fled the Colony. Up until then Tardust was inferior to Scratch. Maybe this has changed to a certain degree as well ...
e) Not only the cats, but also the rats become bigger and fatter. So besides the human vs. zombies war the rats and cats prepare for World War M (M = mammal) ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Nathan.Luiz
Aug 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM
That title could mean all kinds of things, can barely wait for Monday to find out....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Finding the appropriate balance in life is very hard to achieve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxOHD7-3E8

Red Shirt
Aug 21st, 2013, 10:21 PM

Or they might click immediately... Hit it off famously perhaps. Either way, should they match up and click, (like the survivor group needs them to) it sets up the possibility for social drama as Pegs is likely to get jealous should the two of them become metaphorically attached at the hip.

Straying a tiny bit OT, but:

I wonder though... I don't recall if the discussion and theories of her history gained any traction. I'd like to suggest that she might have been an operator/controller/officer for the LA Emergency Management Department (http://emergency.lacity.org/index.htm). As you said, Rob, her big picture tactical planing and Micheal's tactical execution would be an excellent match.

Hoff4D
Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Taking Names

Fallout

With apologies to Randy Newman, "Episode 37: I Love LA!"

With apologies to everyone else...

It Just Takes.... How Many Do We Have Left?

The Beverly Hills Hellraisers

Straight Outta Compton

Born in East L.A. - An Ink Retrospective

In-N-Out (Animal Style)

I know it's already announced, but reading this made me immediately go to (with apologies to Tupac) "To live and die in LA"

Witch_Doctor
Aug 23rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
I know it's already announced, but reading this made me immediately go to (with apologies to Tupac) "To live and die in LA"

Great, now they'll have to deal with holographic zombies.

Hoff4D
Aug 23rd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Great, now they'll have to deal with holographic zombies.

Holographic GANGSTER zombies!

Witch_Doctor
Aug 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
Holographic GANGSTER zombies!

WTF?
Survives gun shots.
Hanging around Inglewood. (Insert haze joke)
Covered in tattoos.

scbubba
Aug 26th, 2013, 04:31 AM
WTF?
Survives gun shots.
Covered in tattoos.

Oh crap! Game over, man..... :D

MrRedBeard
Aug 26th, 2013, 06:44 AM

That is awesome! I haven't run across too many people familiar with that short. It never gets old seeing it.

Hoff4D
Aug 26th, 2013, 06:45 AM
WTF?
Survives gun shots.
Covered in tattoos.

End the forums and everything, we've solved it. Ink is Tupac. It was a nice run while it lasted folks...

Witch_Doctor
Aug 26th, 2013, 07:36 AM

Whoa! That was entertaining AND creepy. They even reminded me of Inklings!
If you guys haven't seen this, this is a MUST SEE!