PDA

View Full Version : What are You Looking Forward to the Most in Season 4?

Ceincaled
Jul 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I would love to hear what everyone is looking forward to the most in the upcoming final season of We're Alive! Do you have any questions lurking in the back of your mind? (Let's be honest, who doesn't have unanswered questions??) Are there two characters you wouldn't mind um, having a moment? Do you think a specific character needs to die? If so, why?

For me, I'm most looking forward to learning who Randy is and why Michael doesn't want to talk about him (her? I can't remember if the gender of Randy is known.), I want to see how the hatred Scratch has towards Pegs is resolved, and I would love to learn how the whole infection began, and if Ink had a part in it.

Osiris
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
My answer.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/entry.php?355-Reviving-A-Pandemic-The-Beginning-of-The-End

Ceincaled
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:16 AM
My answer.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/entry.php?355-Reviving-A-Pandemic-The-Beginning-of-The-End

I read that. :) That was actually what inspired my question, I want to know what other fans want/hope to see in season 4.

Osiris
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
That was the intent of the piece. Glad it worked.

Robzombie
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I'm waiting for Burt to skull fuk that bitch Scratch....If thats all that season 4 is about then I'll be happy.

Okay and maybe what caused the outbreak, what Ink's story is, etc, etc.

I think season 4's purpose will be to play out and resolve the human/human/zombie conflict and any answers to questions we get will be coincedental and just due course as the characters answer to one another. I won't be surprised if some things are never answered and left for speculation or interpretation.

LiamKerrington
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Hi there,

what am I looking forward to ... ? Mh, tough question.
Three seasons of wild and exhausting struggle for survival. At the end of season 3 Michael makes a broad announcement carried by the will to stop struggling, and to turn the tides of all the various wars.
That' s actually that what I hope to see: A group of tattered misfits and civilians trying to survive, fighting against all odds and enemies, being capable of turning things in their favor and finally surviving this zombocalypse ...

What I don't want to see: cheesy and cheap moments; I don't want to have all those melodramatic things which did not play any role during seasons 1-3; I don't want to have shallow and simple-minded explanations for why zombies exist; I don't want to be the omniscient listener who knows everything about all characters, zombies, locations, events, and sh*t after the season 4 finale. So what I want is that Kc and crew and cast go on as they used to in the past; leaving some things open for debate and speculation, focussing an the core-elements of the story, putting a lot of suspense in action and well told story-arcs ... That's it what I want.

I have no great expectations about any character; many I like; I have kind of a personal hatred agenda with way too many of the heroes and heroines as well as villains and villainesses although I like them, but with respect to the whole story this does not really matter. I like the "scientific" tone underlying the apocalypse and the events, and I'd be pretty much pissed, when things turn out to be kind of a Doom- or Duke Nukem-Story or shit ...

Anyway. Just my 2c ... And thanks for asking.
Btw.: Randy seems to be male ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Osiris
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I'm waiting for Burt to skull fuk that bitch Scratch....If thats all that season 4 is about then I'll be happy.

Oof. You're so crass, sir. :D

Ceincaled
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Okay and maybe what caused the outbreak, what Ink's story is, etc, etc.

I think season 4's purpose will be to play out and resolve the human/human/zombie conflict and any answers to questions we get will be coincedental and just due course as the characters answer to one another. I won't be surprised if some things are never answered and left for speculation or interpretation.

I agree. I would not mind if every single one of our questions are not answered. In my mind, it just leaves room for KC to come back in the coming months/years and write a few spin offs. Maybe even a prequel or two. He might not, and I do think he will wrap up most of the major plot points. I wouldn't mind if a few minor questions are unanswered though.

As far as Burt and Scratch go, well, sure. Scratch destroyed Shirley, broke Burt's heart, and that was bitchy. But what would you expect? She's a bitch. She does bitchy things. She's still my favorite character, and I have hope that she will redeem herself! (Not likely, I know, but sometimes that makes hope all the more sweet.) I do know, however, that Burt killing Scratch, or even Pegs killing Scratch would be a huge and fantastic moment for many of the We're Alive fans, so I'm prepared for that possibility. :)

Ceincaled
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Hi there,

what am looking forward to ... ? Mh, tough question.
Three seasons of wild and exhausting struggle for survival. At the end of season 3 Michael makes a broad announcement carried by the will to stop struggling, but to turn the tides of all the various wars.
That'S actually it what I hope to see: A group of tattered misfits and civilians trying to survive, fighting against all odds and enemies, being capable of turning things in their favor and finally surviving this zombocalypse ...

What I don'T want to see: Cheesy and cheap moments; I don't want to have all those melodramatic things which did not play any role during seasons 1-3; I don't want to have shallow and simple-minded explanations for why zombies exist; I don't want to be the omniscient listener who knows everything about all cahracters, zombies, locations, events, and sh*t after the season 4 finale. So what I want is that Kc and crew and cast go on as used to in the past; leaving some things open for debate and speculation, focussing an the core-elements of the story, putting a lot of suspense in action and well told story-arcs ... That's it what I want.

I have no great expectations about any character; many I like; I have kind of a personal hatred agenda with way too many of the heroes and heroines as well as villains and villainesses, but with respect to the whole story this does not really matter. I like the "scientific" tone underlying the apocalypse and the events, and I'd be pretty much pissed, when things turn out to be kind of a Doom- or Duke Nukem-Story or shit ...

Anyway. Just my 2c ... And thanks for asking.
Btw.: Randy seems to be male ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Thanks for replying! I don't think the style of the story this far will change much, if at all, but I understand your viewpoint. I would also love to see a clinical, scientific reason to why zombies exist.

LiamKerrington
Jul 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks for replying! I don't think the style of the story this far will change much, if at all, but I understand your viewpoint. I would also love to see a clinical, scientific reason to why zombies exist.

Actually: The best thing that could happen would be that the audience does not get any explanation for all those zombies. This is what you get in so many other zombiestories: dark magic or voodoo, radioactive dump, chemical experiments gone wild, biological/ chemical/ outer-space-ish/radioactive/ viral/ bacterial/ Justin Bieberish-ish agents starting the zombies, mutations of genes, fast food gone wrong, Transformers-Movie-Fandom starting it all ... Whatever the cause, in many stories the audience learns the resaons for zombies coming to unlive and to swarm the planet.

What, if "We're Alive" does not offer an explanation? Up until now we have so many interesting and/or crazy ideas about what's going on - I wouldn't mind keeping it that way until and even beyong the end of the show ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Ceincaled
Jul 16th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Actually: The best thing that could happen would be that the audience does not get any explanation for all those zombies. This is what you get in so many other zombiestories: dark magic or voodoo, radioactive dump, chemical experiments gone wild, biological/ chemical/ outer-space-ish/radioactive/ viral/ bacterial/ Justin Bieberish-ish agents starting the zombies, mutations of genes, fast food gone wrong, Transformers-Movie-Fandom starting it all ... Whatever the cause, in many stories the audience learns the resaons for zombies coming to unlive and to swarm the planet.

What, if "We're Alive" does not offer an explanation? Up until now we have so many interesting and/or crazy ideas about what's going on - I wouldn't mind keeping it that way until and even beyong the end of the show ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Very true, and I have to admit that not offering at least a complete explanation might be more like KC's style than explaining every single little detail. I have no doubt that the fourth season will be every bit as satisfying as seasons 1-3 were/are. I'm not sure how I would feel if we don't learn where the zombies came from, honestly. I'll have to think about it some more. I agree that it would be very compelling and would create a lot more discussion/speculation/imagination on the parts of the fans to not disclose the source, but I dunno. It seems like it might be too important of a plot point to be left unanswered.

Cabbage Patch
Jul 16th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I'm looking forward to the story of Scratch's redemption, and the inevitable Victor-Scratch love match. Also the explanation that the zombies were the result of a Chinese/European conspiracy, ending with the Chinese invasion to claim everything West of the Mississippi.

Osiris
Jul 16th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I'm looking forward to the story of Scratch's redemption, and the inevitable Victor-Scratch love match. Also the explanation that the zombies were the result of a Chinese/European conspiracy, ending with the Chinese invasion to claim everything West of the Mississippi.

That raises an interesting question. Can she be redeemed? I should write a blog about that.

Ceincaled
Jul 16th, 2013, 05:05 PM
That raises an interesting question. Can she be redeemed? I should write a blog about that.

Yes, Osiris. Yes, you should.

LeidaSebastian
Jul 20th, 2013, 01:39 AM
something shocking, unbelievable one for it, it need not to end in just a simple way....

LeidaSebastian
Jul 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM
looking for some ultimate adventures in this season 4 i am sure it would help me a lot....

LeidaSebastian
Jul 29th, 2013, 10:34 PM
nothing special but wish to look for some interseting twist and turns in the end,.,........

scbubba
Jul 30th, 2013, 05:11 AM
I'm looking forward to a couple of big showdowns: Scratch and --- (Burt? Lizzie? Saul?), TOWTM and --- (Everybody!), Randy and --- (Anybody?)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I am looking forward to a satisfying conclusion of the show. And I am quite optimistic that this is going to happen.

Finally, I would like Victor to reveal that he is actually Batman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0egrNk83U

Only suvivor in maryland
Aug 1st, 2013, 03:06 PM
I dont know what i want, but if it keeps me listening it'll be great (im really easily bored)

Malador
Aug 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM
I'm not as worried about the actual cause, as in virus or bacteria, but I would like to know more about the hierarchy of the infected. I would like to hear more about TOWTM's role in the outbreak and what if any hand he played in the progression from biters to little ones, and maybe beyond that.

Malador
Aug 2nd, 2013, 10:06 PM
I'm also looking forward to how the colony does this time. The population of the colony is roughly that of the tower at its peak, it will be interesting to see how much Michael and company have learned and how they do with a second chance at leading a group.

Nathan.Luiz
Aug 3rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mainly wanting to know why TOWTM is different. Why he can talk, why he is the leader etc. But of course there are endless questions that need answering....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Aug 5th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I definitely need more Skittles!

Not only at work.

Red Shirt
Aug 13th, 2013, 02:51 PM
My answer.

That mostly covers it for me, though there are a few more things I am curious about.

At the beginning of Season 4 will we see a fast forward jump cut in time like we did mid Season 3?
Despite having the audience's perspective, will we bear witness to any the catching up the reunited teams need to do?
With Micheal's new strategy, as his recon teams go into the field, will he issue a "kill on sight" order for Scratch?
Will there be any radiation poisoned humans/zombies stragglers showing up in LA?
Do they relocate to Dunbar or stay at the Colony?
Do they attempt any live captures for Tanya to study?
How old are the families anyway? Are they blood/mafioso family... or the more sinister, ancient NWO/Secret Society type?

Those are the minor questions & concerns I can think of at the moment, but there is one bigger question & concern that I have:

Why was the 223rd mobilized so fast?

It seems highly unusual for "just reservists" to get called up for what seemed to be a matter of local civil unrest. Don't get me wrong, I'm a reservist too... but under other circumstances, things would usually have carried on for a while (and gotten a whole lot worse) before the reserves were called up. Unless there is prior knowledge... like hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and severe winter storms, for which they call up the National Guard, an authority that lies with the governor of that state. The US Army Reserve are Federal Troops, calling them up is an authority that lies with the President and Congress.

Did "The Families" have prior knowledge of; or cause the outbreak... and thus Angel had some small level of prior knowledge of what was going to go down? Because he was on "the outs" with The Families and didn't agree to their "New World Order" plans, did he lie and make the call to the 223rd? Did he lie to the CO and tell him, "Uh, Battalion called me because you were out of touch."

Something else that bothers me... Scratch & Angel; Michael, his broken arm and Randy; the "Families" ... I wonder if these might be distractions, plot points that turnout to be red herrings, while there is something that was foreshadowed waaay back in the very beginning that we have missed entirely...

Red Shirt
Aug 25th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Could. Not. Resist. I thought about this all day at work today.
Sunday August 25, 2013 @2230 EST, 13:30 hours to go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Litmaster
Aug 25th, 2013, 07:41 PM
*crawls out from under rock, dusts off debris*

I'm ready to see Burt kick some major ass! Tomorrow it drops, baby! WHOOOOOOO!!!

Witch_Doctor
Aug 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
RedShirt, I couldn't resist a Final Countdown myself. Sooooo Stoked!

'MURICUH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m2NzNuC_9o

Sammy D
Aug 25th, 2013, 09:22 PM
In all honesty, I am looking forward to listening to the character interactions now that everyone is reunited. It has been such a long time and so much has happened that I am just excited to hear what comes up when the adrenaline isn't pumping so heavily. So many questions to answer but it is this crazy bunch that makes me care that the questions are out there.

Da-Demon-Monkey
Sep 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
the only person she would be redeemed by would be Lizzy but that is a very long shot if Burt or Riley doesn't get a hold of her first

Duffusmonkey
Sep 6th, 2013, 08:36 PM
More Nudity

aaronarturus
Sep 28th, 2013, 11:59 PM
It really pains me to say this because the first three seasons were so good, and I can tell the cast and crew put their hearts and souls into them, but... I'm just looking forward to the end of the series. If the first few episodes of season one had been this boring, I never would have made it past the second episode. This season so far has been such a huge letdown. I know a lot of people will disagree, and say it's all a build-up to the final climax, but its just monotonous now. After these last few episodes I find it impossible to care about anyone other than Riley and Bert. Everyone else just lost me with their whining and newly-introduced personality flaws. CJ was so cool when she was introduced... I feel bad complaining about great entertainment I've gotten for free over the years with We're Alive, but this season completely dropped the ball so far.

runs4theheckofit
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I really want Michael and crew to blow the heck out of the arena. Ouuu and maybe someone to have a hand to hand death match with Ink in the middle of the arena (survivors and zeeh's betting on whose going to win)! I'm looking forward to Lizzie and Saul having there baby, really curious how that will all pan out (half zomb kid?). Then last but not least who is going to be turned and will the colony collapse???

Maybe Scratch will be the only one to survive and be skipping off into the sunset.

After listening to this show for the past year I realized I need to get a sat phone and some heavy artillery!