PDA

View Full Version : Kalani v Samantha

Elisa
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Why didn't the zeds take Kalani? Why Samantha?

Osiris
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hard to say. I would assume she was a plot device, nothing more. Really it's just a way to make Datu a little tragic, and sympathetic. From what I can tell she's otherwise useless as far as telling the story. Nik might be able to shed some more light on this topic though.

Ceincaled
Jul 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I think Samantha partially was a plot device, like Osiris said, to both make us feel more sympathetic towards Datu, and to fill in the hole that was Hope's mother.

I do think though that out of the two victims, Samantha was the "logical" choice between the two. I haven't listened to that episode in quite some time, so bear with me. From what I remember, Samantha and Kalani, and the previous human inhabitants, were held captive for the zombies' recreational entertainment, if you will. They (the zeds) selected a human prisoner, pitted them against a Behemoth, and watched the human pitifully and pointlessly fight for their life. Think of it as a modern day gladiatorial contest, except the gladiators are a giant, very lethal zombie and unarmed, very fragile human. And the zombies enjoyed watching us pitiful humans fight their King Kong Behemoth.

When the zombie came to collect the next victim, Kalani was collapsed on the ground, not moving. Datu and Samantha, however, were very much alive and...active. It's very logical when you think about it in terms of the zombies' entertainment. Why would they choose a human playing dead when they had a human who was able to give a good fight?

That's my best theory. :)

Elisa
Jul 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Oh okay I thought it might have to do with breeding experiments and the little ones.

LiamKerrington
Jul 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Oh okay I thought it might have to do with breeding experiments and the little ones.

Could be. Who else but Kc and his minions would know?

Creepykinai
Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
I think Samantha partially was a plot device, like Osiris said, to both make us feel more sympathetic towards Datu, and to fill in the hole that was Hope's mother.

I do think though that out of the two victims, Samantha was the "logical" choice between the two. I haven't listened to that episode in quite some time, so bear with me. From what I remember, Samantha and Kalani, and the previous human inhabitants, were held captive for the zombies' recreational entertainment, if you will. They (the zeds) selected a human prisoner, pitted them against a Behemoth, and watched the human pitifully and pointlessly fight for their life. Think of it as a modern day gladiatorial contest, except the gladiators are a giant, very lethal zombie and unarmed, very fragile human. And the zombies enjoyed watching us pitiful humans fight their King Kong Behemoth.

When the zombie came to collect the next victim, Kalani was collapsed on the ground, not moving. Datu and Samantha, however, were very much alive and...active. It's very logical when you think about it in terms of the zombies' entertainment. Why would they choose a human playing dead when they had a human who was able to give a good fight?

That's my best theory. :)See that's what I was wondering, cause I thought it might have been Ink, Pinstripe, because she says "No, not you!" It sounded very specific, like someone you knew/know. PLus there was no guttural roar that I have always heard thus far.

Creepykinai
Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Also with the "One in the center has, 'Weird skin' on him"