PDA

View Full Version : Announcement - New series of Daily Reptrivias!

LiamKerrington
Jul 5th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Hi there,

soon a historical event will take place in terms of We're Alive: Season 4 is close! And in it I expect some still open questions to be answered.

That actually asks for a new series of Daily Reptrivias. I have recognized that currently most Reptrivia-quizzes seem to cover a few days up to a week. And I want to get away from this scheme again.

That is why I announce this:

Starting with Wednesday next week (July 10th) I will start new Daily Reptrivias. These will be multiple-question quizzes. And they are meant to prepare you for the final season of We're Alive ... !

Why this announcement? Because I want to make sure everyone gets ready and set in order to go on the tests. I think this might be necessary considering the little activity on this board which is common these days ... Or am I the only one who is so excited about the start of the next season? I bet: no!

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 6th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Ok, I need to step backa bit, because I want to ask you:

Is it alright with you/ for you, when I start Daily Reptrivias with multiple question. I remember that at one time I had a chat, I think, with Kc that the Daily Reptrivias are meant to be single-question-thing just to give people the opportunity to ask question a lot in the future ...

If I don't get any consent on multiple question dailys, I will keep it the way the dailys were originally ment to be ... Currently I gather tons of questions - enough food for you to chew on. ;)

Best wishes!
Liam

Kc
Jul 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM
The trivia stuff will be much more popular once the show starts back up. Question, is it ready technically? Are there any articles or instructions that need to be updated? If there's a good article written I can also publicize it on the front page.

LiamKerrington
Jul 6th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Hi there,

na, nothing is ready yet. Currently I relisten the WA-seasons 1 through 3; and per episode I write down several questions and the proper answers to it.

My idea would be: As soon as I create Reptrivia quizzes, it would be like a handful of questions (3-5 maybe) per Daily Reptrivia quizz. But this would go far beyond what the Daily Reptrivia were originally supposed to be; as I understood it the Daily Reptrivia are about 1 question per day only. I would do it that way either - no problem at all.
But my idea of having 3 to 5 questions a day on a signle quizz would also make the WA listeners have to listen to the show thoroughly, because the questions I choose are sometimes very specific. That is, by the way, a reason, why I would put questions online that follow the chronology of the show ... quizz 1 all about chapter 1, quizz 2 all about chapter 2, quizz 3 about chapter ... you get the idea.

If you "like" this idea, I would procede as described; if not, I stick with the original idea for daily reptrivias. Your call. :)

And the reason for this announcement is simple: Currently the forum activities are pretty 'laid back'; and the announcement is just about getting the attention and raising the curiosity for the Reptrivia again. And "my" Reptrivia-series I would like to think of as a warm-up for season 4 ...

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
And having an announcement for this on the www.zombiepodcast.com starting page would be incredible! Awesome ... Is this what you were offering? Or did my lack of English confuse things ... again ... ?

Kc
Jul 6th, 2013, 06:06 PM
And having an announcement for this on the www.zombiepodcast.com (http://www.zombiepodcast.com) starting page would be incredible! Awesome ... Is this what you were offering? Or did my lack of English confuse things ... again ... ?

That's what I was saying :) Letting more people know about the forum and such.

LiamKerrington
Jul 7th, 2013, 12:47 AM
That's what I was saying :) Letting more people know about the forum and such.

Hi there, wow. Wowowowowow!

Ok ... I will give it a shot and provide a short, but concise teaser for this announcement.

Question remains: Multiple-Questions per Daily Reptrivia allowed? Please! Pleasepleaseplease with sugar on top!!!

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 7th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Teaser for the Zombiepodcast-starting-page:

Title:
"Michael wants you!"
Text:
"Knowledge is power. But are you powerful enough to be prepared? Prepared for season 4 of 'We'Re Alive', the Zombiepodcast?
Season 4 is closing in. Looking back at more then three rich years with seasosns 1 through 3 a lot has happened. Do you remember what?
Check your skills and join the zombie-warm-up-frenzy ... ! Starting with 10th July the astounding Daily Reptrivia will provide you plenty of opportunity to test your skills. So: Get prepared and enlist for surival!"

How about it? You like it? Or does it require some polishing?
Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 7th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Hi there,

nw version - slightly corrected and shortened:

Title:
"Michael needs you!"
Text:
"Knowledge is power. But are you powerful enough to be prepared? Prepared for season 4 of 'We'Re Alive', the Zombiepodcast?
Season 4 is closing in. Looking back at more then four rich years with seasons 1 through 3 a lot has happened. Do you remember what?
Check your skills and join the zombie-warm-up-frenzy ... ! Starting with 10th July the astounding Daily Reptrivia-quizes on the We'Re Alive froums will test your skills! Log on, get it right, and survive!"

LiamKerrington
Jul 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Hi there,

FYI: I started a discussion on the We'Re Alive group on facebook about multiple-questions on the Reptrivia as well ... Let's see what's going to happen.
Btw.: This posting is also a test. I happen to experience posting-issues on this forum and would like to know if this just an issue on certain forum-sections or a general problem ...
edit: It is an issue I seem to have with the forum section "Forum Function". Anytime I try to post a new thread or a reply to an existing thread my browser tells me something about connection-problems ... eff me ... Is this particular forum-section limited to admins and moderators only?

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 7th, 2013, 09:08 AM
And another fix on the teaser-text. This is the final version.

"Knowledge is power. But are you powerful enough to be prepared? Prepared for season 4 of 'We're Alive', the Zombiepodcast?
Season 4 is closing in. Looking back at more than four rich years with seasons 1 through 3 a lot has happened. Do you remember what?
Check your skills and join the zombie-warm-up-frenzy! Starting with 10th July the astounding Daily Reptrivia-quizes on the We're Alive-forum will test your skills! Log on, get it right, and survive!"

LiamKerrington
Jul 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Btw.: The Daily Reptrivias I will provide won't be half as challenging as my current "Commercials ..."-quiz ...

Litmaster
Jul 7th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Whoa! Hold on there now, Whippersnapper. Last I checked, I was STILL the author of REPtrivia and the King of Reptrivia quizzes (with 43 created), despite the fact that I haven't posted one since May 4th, and I'm not about to get upstaged by some young upstart from Wieckenberg!

That is all going to change in short order.

I am now (finally) on vacation, and will be much more active on the WA forum once again. The Lit-Phoenix will again rise from the ashes; I am limbering up for another re-listen of the entire show, and will have notepad and ink ready to jot down another plethora of questions. So, PREPARE TO GET YOUR ASS WHUPPED with numerous obscure questions concerning Saul, Burt, Riley, and all of our favorites!! I plan on running the REPtrivia quizzes right up until the start of Season 4, after which I will transition back to my Lit-Treatises for the remainder of this epic story. And I am actually considering flying to LA for the live celebration next summer (if Kc will let me sleep on his floor...)

Back online,
Lit

Robzombie
Jul 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Bring it on.....bwahahahahaaaa!!!

LiamKerrington
Jul 7th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Hi there,

thank you very much. @Lit: No worries - I just plan to do as much Riptrivias as is required to preapre for season 4 ... As soon as season 4 starts I will back down and reduce it to the occasional quiz again; so I won't challenge you. :)

Best wishes!
Liam

scbubba
Jul 8th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Glad to see y'all stepping in here. I'm on a kind of forced hiatus due to work and personal demands at the moment. I'm hoping that will ease up in August.

In the mean time, I look forward to seeing what you have been doing.... :)

@Liam - I like the sound of what you are planning with the Daily quizzes. Single, multiple, etc... I think having at least one new quiz up per day is the key to keep people interested and coming back. The degree of difficulty will probably need to vary and we may want to have a way to denote the "skill level" of each quiz.

The teaser stuff is looking good, too!

Hope to see all of you more often soon....

- Bubba (call sign "Wild Turkey")

LiamKerrington
Jul 8th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Hi Wild Turkey!

Glad to see y'all stepping in here. I'm on a kind of forced hiatus due to work and personal demands at the moment. I'm hoping that will ease up in August.

In the mean time, I look forward to seeing what you have been doing.... :)

@Liam - I like the sound of what you are planning with the Daily quizzes. Single, multiple, etc... I think having at least one new quiz up per day is the key to keep people interested and coming back. The degree of difficulty will probably need to vary and we may want to have a way to denote the "skill level" of each quiz.

The teaser stuff is looking good, too!

Hope to see all of you more often soon....

- Bubba (call sign "Wild Turkey")

Thanks for the heads up. I think the questions I gather defficulty a lot. There will be easy ones as much as very challenging or demanding ones. I am pretty certain that there will also been questions doubling what was already used on the Reptrivia; but, hell, since most questions are a long way down the past, who'ld really care, right?

I think, since there is no objection yet I will do multiple-question dailys up until Season 4 starts. Frm then on I will stick to the "old" rule again - one question a day and that together will all of you Reptrivia-grandmasters ... :)

Best wishes!
Liam

Litmaster
Jul 8th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Hi Wild Turkey!

Thanks for the heads up. I think the questions I gather defficulty a lot. There will be easy ones as much as very challenging or demanding ones. I am pretty certain that there will also been questions doubling what was already used on the Reptrivia; but, hell, since most questions are a long way down the past, who'ld really care, right?

I think, since there is no objection yet I will do multiple-question dailys up until Season 4 starts. Frm then on I will stick to the "old" rule again - one question a day and that together will all of you Reptrivia-grandmasters ... :)

Best wishes!
Liam

Try to group the questions by theme or topic, if possible.

LiamKerrington
Jul 8th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Try to group the questions by theme or topic, if possible.

This'll be kind of a challenge. I still think I will stick with the general idea of having multiple question on each episode or each two episodes covering a whole story. This'll will do. I am pretty close to doing the Reptrivia quizes in the chronological order of the chapters of WA. But this has not been decided yet ... I like this idea, because in that way each WA-fan has the opportunity to listen to the given chapter/s in order to prepare him/herself for the quiz ... The flaw of it: This may result in a lack of challenge in the Reptrivias ...
But one thing is for certain: I will stick with the order of the seasons. So during the first week I will (mostly) provide quizes based on Season 1 alone ...

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Hi there!

What day is today? Right: 10th of July.
What does this mean? Check the Reptrivia Section!
WHY??? Because ... The Season 4 Warm-Up Daily Reptrivia quizes have started.
And now? You know the drill: Prove your skills and earn yourself some more rep or become a regular in Ink's army ...

Best wishes!
Liam

nikvoodoo
Jul 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Are you going to post the answers to the quizzes as they close?

LiamKerrington
Jul 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Hello.

I haven't though of it. But yes, I think that would be a fair service, right?

edit: Should I do it in here, or in each automated thread about the newly created quiz? Or would it be just better to create an own thread only for the Season 4 Warm-Up Daily Reptrivia quiz-answers? I will think about it. /edit

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 11th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Hi there,

I have created a thread for this specific purpose: Answers to the Season 4 Warm-Up Dailys (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4559-Season-4-Warm-Up-Daily-the-answers).

Also a small 'hint', if you like: Except for the very first Daily Warm-Up each quiz tells you what specific episode is the basis for its questions ... So, before starting a certain quiz you have the great opportunity to listen to the given chapter(s) another time before going for the questions ... ;) I tought to myself that mentioning the given episodes in advance might be just fair (enough) in order to give you the chance to prepare yourself considering the challenge at least some questions provide.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone,

now we are through through almost a handful of Season 4 Warm-Up Daily Reptrivias ... And looking at the numbers - i.e. the results of all participants - my confidence in having multi-question Reptivias might not have been such a good idea at all. Since I don't want to p*ss off anyone or to repell you from joining in the reptrivias, I will start with One-Question-Dailys beginning tomorrow. Yes, that'S right. I'm gonna change the uploaded, activated, but not yet available Reptrivias accordingly.

Now, what's the issue here?
The "standard issue" Daily Reptrivia is a 100% or 0% quiz with only one question to be good at or to fail at ... My Dailys allow results inbetween.
The next major difference is that standard-issue Dailys last like 300 seconds (or a little less or even more) and allow anyone to thoroughly think through it, maybe even try to find the given part on the show in order to find the right answer; in my Dailys you have like 60 seconds per answer - so no chance to think about it or double-check with the show.
I hoped that mentioning each chapter or part of the show being covered by the questions of one of my Dailys would help you prepare yourself; but it seems like this "aid" does not fulfill its purpose.

So I am sorry that I confused things or seem to have experimented too much. I will return to the classic feature of Daily Reptrivias, which hopefully will allow you to get better results on your attempts to solve the riddles and quizes.

I am sorry for any inconvenience. I did not expect things to develop like they did during the last few days.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Way too important this last posting of mine .. So I need to *BUMP* it up that it may catch your attention ...

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/b/b9/Bump_hippo.jpg

Another thing: Looks like I managed to kill Season 4 Warm-Up Daily #05, when I tried to save a new comment which included a link to this forum-section; since then I get a server-connection-error-message; and I hear that I am not the only one having trouble ... No idea how to fix it or who to address this to ... But as soon as I get access to it again, I will (try to) remove the few that are in a disadvantage now ...

Sorry. Too many inconviniescenses today. Captial L on my forehead ...

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I have started to create some more new Season Warm-Up Dailys ... Starting with #12 onwards the questions will be about Season 2 alone! If you want to get them right, it might be a good idea to refresh your knowledge about season 2 as well.
Again: Each Daily (or most of them) will have one question only - multiple choice or matching or multi choice questions ...

The level of the challenge is slightly being raised as I won't explicitely mention the chapters being covered in the questions from then on; but most quiz-description vaguely hint towards "where" in season 2 the quiz will take place.

So, feel free to test your skills; and if you are up to it, you may earn yourself some more rep ... I hope you enjoy them questions - I certainly do. :)

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 21st, 2013, 12:54 AM
Currently I pile up a lot of Reputation Points for the same three persons on the daily Reptrivias ... Since there is not so much going on on this forum, what I would consider "rep-worthy", there will be some delay until I can share those reputation points with the ones who earned it ... I am sorry for this situation and I hope for better times with more Reptrivia-participants earning and gathering Reputation Points which would allow me to spread things a lot quicker ... I apologize for any inconvenience ....

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jul 31st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Ok. During the last couple of days I was very busy and a lot on tour visiting friends. And this won't change a lot during the next days and - actually - weeks. But alas ...

Because of that I had a slight delay on two things:
a) creating new quizes - but I will try hard to keep you, your memories, and your brains busy - PROMISSED!,
b) spreading love in terms of Reptutation points; but I will look into it as soon as possible - this is promissed as well.

Just a general note: I am pretty much surprised by the outcome of the dailys. If my "maths" are correct the quota of succesfull participants is at about 40% - sometimes a little above it, sometimes a little below it; extreme results like no winners or no loosers are very rare. What surprises me most, though, is that especially those questions I consider to be fairly easy are often the ones with the lower number of successfull attempts. Why is that so? Maybe, because I am just crazy enough to believe things to be easy enough ... Anyway. I am very glad that I did not repell you fro joining the quizes ... Just keep going and enjoy the stuff. It is a lot of fun to create the quizes.

From now on up until quiz 35 or something I sill stick with season #3 mostly.

Finally: Due to some bad action on my side I have no access to Season 4 WarmUp-Daily #20 anymore. Thus I cannot check on your results and does not know who earned a Rep for it; and I am not able to screenshot you the right answer; I only remember that it was the question about responsibilities and stuff ... I am sorry for this inconvenience ... I start feeling like a looser considering the mishaps I had during the last week on the Reptrivia-section ... I hope you enjoy it. ;)

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Aug 6th, 2013, 10:30 AM
It's a pain in the ass ... Currently world is crashing around me. I have little time to spare - and all your reptrivia is piling up like crazy ... I will take care of it hopefully sooner than later; please be patient with me.

Malador
Aug 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Take your time Liam, get everything else sorted and then worry about the quizzes.

scbubba
Aug 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
It's a pain in the ass ... Currently world is crashing around me. I have little time to spare - and all your reptrivia is piling up like crazy ... I will take care of it hopefully sooner than later; please be patient with me.

No worries, Liam. Life comes first. Reptrivia way after that....

Hope you are doing OK, my friend.

turbo
Aug 6th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I will check on that quiz 20 for you. Might be in the database level that something got screwy :)

Lilydragon
Aug 6th, 2013, 06:43 PM

Take care of yourself first. Don't worry about the trivia, it can wait. Had my world start falling in on me 4 months ago, but it has since been picked up some. We'll be here when everything gets back to normal.

LiamKerrington
Aug 6th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Thank you, everyone. I will be able to post newquestions. No problem with that. But the management of all the earned Reputation Points will be a feat ... I think on Friday and Sunday I may be able to take care of it. Promissed.
Life-Situation: Heavy changes regarding job and stuff; everything is good, but the amount of things to take care of is quite awe-inspiring.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Aug 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I will check on that quiz 20 for you. Might be in the database level that something got screwy :)

Nah, nothing's screwy. The "issue" at hand is that I am not able to access #20, because before it ended I removed my own answer; and when the time for this quiz was up, it is lost in time and space, i.e. in the past; that is why I cannot access it anymore, because it does not display on all my statistics anymore. (Or I was too dumb to find it ...)

Edit:
You lucky guys ... Today's been less busy than expected ... Here you go - all in all 57 times love to share (love = reputation based on your reptrivia scores ...)
/edit

LiamKerrington
Aug 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Done. Reputation was spread; and the answers-thread is updated as well.

scbubba
Aug 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Done. Reputation was spread; and the answers-thread is updated as well.
You rock, Liam!

And I think you blew up my phone..... :cool:

Thanks for all the Reptrivia work you've been doing around here. It's awesome!

LiamKerrington
Aug 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hi there,

I had some interesting and sweet reaction on my first 30 second Reptrivia. And I wonder:

Do you want more of those?????????

Best wishes!
Liam

scbubba
Aug 12th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hi there,

I had some interesting and sweet reaction on my first 30 second Reptrivia. And I wonder:

Do you want more of those?????????

Best wishes!
Liam

I liked the 30 second quiz. Would not mind one bit if there were some more of those sprinkled in the mix....

Thanks!

LiamKerrington
Aug 17th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Hello everyone.

Partytime!
I caught up with sharing love and reputation now up until the Season #4 Wamr-Up Dailys #38. And I am so happy that this is the first time ever since this started that I am even with you. Some of you are real collectors. And it is kind of a challenge that many only rarely participate in this game. Just to give you a proper explanation:

In order to give someone a Reputation point a second (or third or whatever) time, you need to have given five reputation points to five different guys as well. So I really, really hope that more and more people share in this game.

Yes, I know: I could make the quizes much more easy. But hey, what's a game worth if there is no challenge after all, right? So I will stick to my mixture of complex and easy quizes. And I like your reactions about them very much.

Small question to all the other quiz-masters ... I am not running out of questions; and it is only 1 1/2 weeks to go until *dundunDUNNNNNNN* Season 4 finally kicks in. You better start preparing your questions again in order to get a full blown proper mixture of awesome challenges beginning with 26th August (or is it August 26th?). It is very likely that I will back down from quiz-mastering though - at least with the heat I have right now. You may have noticed that I have delayed the rep-sharing and that I am quite slow creating a pile of new questions. This is basically the result of the real-life-stuff that currently keeps me busy. And this will be even more soon. :(

Anyway! Good luck with the new and next quizzes on the Season 4 Warm-Up!

edit: I also deleted my entries up to Season #4 Warm-Up Dailys #38 ... What's the point collecting the benefit of 100% scores on quizes I have created myself, right? O_o

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Aug 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Ok, everyobody. THIS is really important!

Today I finished creating the last set of quizes on the Season 4 Warm-Up Dailys ... On 25th of August #47 will be active; and it ends when 26th of August starts - which would be the day the show returns! So then my job is done!

From 26th of August onwards the Reptrivias are open for any quizes by anyone again! Actually they still are. But my domination ends with 25th August. I hope you enjoyed the dailys and my creations. I will give you more challenges in the future. But up until then it is time for others to advance and for me to step back. I enjoyed creating them. I am sorry for the few crazy mishaps I produced as well. But I am more happy to having received plenty of nice reactions from you.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Aug 25th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Hi there,

attention! Today's the last day with the Season 4 Warm-Ups. Currently there is a huge number of active quizzes, which is why the latest Season 4 Warm-Up Daily #47 may not appear on the start screen. If you like to take this particular challenge, make sure that you sort the current quizzes by the latest end date. ;)

Best wishes!
Liam