PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quote

StepLaugh
Jan 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I'm listening to 18-1 right now, and it made me think...What's my favorite quote.

Hands down it has to be "I found a bullet...but not the kind we need" I believe it was Angel talking to Riley? I forget but it was when they were raiding Ma and Pa's convenience store

I have to give KC props for that, cause it made me laugh out loud. Took me a second or two to figure what he meant, but I'm glad I caught it.

What's your favorite quote?

TCM Revolver
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Chapter 3-2
When Angel and Saul first walk into Burts gun safe
Saul- "I think I just wet myself"
Angel- " Burt is officially my best friend"

StepLaugh
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Chapter 3-2
When Angel and Saul first walk into Burts gun safe
Saul- "I think I just wet myself"
Angel- " Burt is officially my best friend"

That was a great moment. and I found it pretty cool that Burt has a silenced pistol.

Wicked Sid
Jan 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hands down it has to be "I found a bullet...but not the kind we need" I believe it was Micheal talking to Riley? I forget but it was when they were raiding a house.

First off, it was Angel to Riley and they were in a Ma & Pa convenience store/Apartment.

My favorite now would have to be Bill's classic line "Who said that you could have a party...?" *Interruptions* "Hold on, you didn't let me finish. Who said you could have a party... And not invite me?!"

Hollomandious
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Still Michael, when Saul and Angel came back w/ Burt.

"Where the hell did you get a claymore!?!"

sdkmcqueen
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Lizzy: "And here I thought you were a huge asshole... but here you might just be a little one."
Saul: "oh, nothing on me is little."

I definitely lol'ed at that one.

Spud
Jan 25th, 2011, 03:17 AM
ch.13 part 1 17:00
burt "These Cheetos Might have just saved our asses!"
Pure gold

cycogod
Jan 25th, 2011, 08:52 AM
"shoot that bitch in the FACE" - was funny. heat of the moment and frustration/classic stuff !

megamanxzero35
Jan 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
During The War. I think it is the second pipe bomb. Burt picks it up and throws it back at the Mallers.

"Get that shit out of my house!" The delivery makes it funny and awesome.

Ra1th
Jan 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
"shoot that bitch in the FACE" - was funny. heat of the moment and frustration/classic stuff !

i think what made it even funnier was that right before that michael says that, angel is like, ohh lucky michael all alone in the tower with 3 hot babes, and then you hear michael

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I love reading this thread. Makes me laugh everytime.

I'd love to know what KC's favorite quote was to write.

Kc
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I love reading this thread. Makes me laugh everytime.

I'd love to know what KC's favorite quote was to write.

Mine's not necessarily funny, but "Why is everyone we meet over-aggressive assholes? .... Because all the passive ones are dead"

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Mine's not necessarily funny, but "Why is everyone we meet over-aggressive assholes? .... Because all the passive ones are dead"

It's funny you say that, cause right before who ever replied, I pretty much said the same thing. At this time it truly is survival of the fittest.

Wicked Sid
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I went a back few episodes and...

"Just Walk away... I'll spare your lives. Just walk away." (The first time is better.) Burt's voice just made that fit so well.

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
haha!

I'll be coming back to this thread once I listen to them again.

sdkmcqueen
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM
indeed. This thread is tagged for future lulz.

TCM Revolver
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM

"Just Walk away... I'll spare your lives. Just walk away." (The first time is better.) Burt's voice just made that fit so well.
you guys and your movies! lol

sdkmcqueen
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:35 PM
What movie was that from again?

Kc
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:29 PM
What movie was that from again?

Road Warrior.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Saul to Burt before he passes out from getting shot: " I guess you're not that good'a shot after allllllll..." LOL

Walrusgus
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Pure gold

This is my favourite quote as well. Makes me life each time I here it. I think the fact Burt says it makes it funnier.

Hoss
Jan 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Burt: "I think he's got the scent. Go boy go!"

Datu: "SHUT UP BURT!"

fraggot
Jan 27th, 2011, 08:42 PM
The whole scene in which Micheal and Pegs are trying to figure out how to start the boat and he's kind of getting smart with her about no one keeps a manual in their vehicle. Then after they crash into the pier and destroy the boat, Pegs says "OH MY GOD!" "I found the manual".

StepLaugh
Jan 27th, 2011, 08:52 PM
The whole scene in which Micheal and Pegs are trying to figure out how to start the boat and he's kind of getting smart with her about no one keeps a manual in their vehicle. Then after they crash into the pier and destroy the boat, Pegs says "OH MY GOD!" "I found the manual".

Yeah I laughed pretty good at that part too.

Adogg
Jan 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM
My favorite was when Michael said "Shoot that bitch in the face"

cycogod
Jan 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Cahpter 7 - 2 About 5 minutes in - "It's Terrifying to see intelligence in the thing that's hunting you." - just the thought of how scary that would be.

Ra1th
Jan 28th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Michael: We do have one last weapon, i was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this, but we have no choice.
Lizzy: No, your crazy its bad enough out there as it is
Burt: The enemy of my enemy is my friend
Michael: Go grab em Lizzy we don't have a choice
Burt: This is gonna get interesting.

GREATEST LINE EVER

NoReality95
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM

Gotta love that line but I also love Saul while their doing the surgery on him and he starts to get comfortable and when Burt stops he goes "What happened next?".

StepLaugh
Jan 30th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Also I love anytime Pegs make Micheal feel uncomfortable, I love how he just changes the subject.

nikvoodoo
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Not to sound like I'm going all Kalani on KC, but I love the aggressive vs. passive quote.

And due to my time touring with theater companies, I'm personally a fan of this one:
Angel: Yeah just wait till the Scurvy sets in.
Datu: The what?

This was a joke thrown around the bus as we were stopping at McDonalds at 4am eating our first meal of the previous day.

Hikaro
Jan 31st, 2011, 07:31 AM
The whole first conversation with Scratch and Latch.
Burts "So how yall doin?"
"well I can't complain I guess..."
It just cracks me up to picture someone in the middle of a zombie apocalypse saying "I can't complain"

NoReality95
Feb 7th, 2011, 05:57 PM
"Holy mother of Mary - and some other guy I can't remember. Catholic school was so long ago!" Gotta love Angel.

Ra1th
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:55 PM
when a maller throws a pipe bomb into the tower, badass burt of season 1 goes " get that shit out of my house" awesome line is awesome

mascaria
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:16 AM
My favorite too.

StepLaugh
Feb 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I think Angel had some good ones in this past episode!

CainTheNoble
Feb 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Episode 19-3 Angel: Holy mother of Mary and... that other guy..

Onslaught
Feb 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Definitely when Burt sang Mary had a little lamb, little lamb.

Craneses
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM

Mine is a little right after that when Burt gives Angel a free shot, and then after michael yells from the tower "Hit him again!"

nikvoodoo
Feb 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Mine is a little right after that when Burt gives Angel a free shot, and then after michael yells from the tower "Hit him again!"

The timing of that was perfect!

VeritableHero
Feb 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
It's not my favorite, but certainly right up there. Datu in Episode 1-3:
"Where are your tanks and sh**? I mean, you are the US Army, right?"

Probably the same thing I would have asked. Although, I don't think I'd be such a pitiful little girl like him if it happens.

I liked the "Hit him again!" from Michael, too. Honestly, there are too many good lines to choose from after 18 Chapters.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 17th, 2011, 08:36 AM
"Over here, that meats too chewy!"

Destiny
Feb 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Still Michael, when Saul and Angel came back w/ Burt.

"Where the hell did you get a claymore!?!"

This one was gold too.

nikvoodoo
Feb 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM
"Over here, that meats too chewy!"

I thought he said "Fat meat's too chewy" Either way, it was an awesome line!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 18th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Fat, that, cat, democrat..

Kc
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Fat, that, cat, democrat..

You know, if you were inclined you could add these quotes to the wiki... just saying...

toaster_oven42
Feb 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM
My favorite quote is from the party episode.

Angel: I'm going to go find Riley, time for Lieutenant Angel to get funky.

Funny Muffins
Feb 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Hit him again!

Craneses
Feb 21st, 2011, 07:04 AM
Haha in Chapter 9 when Riley and Angel are at a giant pile of bodies and

Riley asks - "Why would they do that" and
Angel replies with - "Hold on, let me check my zombie manual and get back to you.

Also earlier in that chapter when Angel, Riley and Datu are at a liquor store and they see a zombie with a broken leg outside and the conversation went like

Angel - Riley, could you hit his other leg?
Riley - With my bow? ;)
Angel - I was thinking with an arrow, but if you wanted throw the bow at him, might hurt a little a less.
Riley - Smart ass.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 21st, 2011, 08:41 AM
You Want SOME!!
Just don't chew the gum...
It can't get any fresher than this!!
Angel has officially taken over from Saul as having the most and best quotes.

VeritableHero
Feb 22nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Latest episode has one of the best quotes in a while:

Guard: "So do you wish to file a complaint against Bixby or will the shoveling be enough?"
Michael: "You can explain the situation to him when he comes to. Tell him if he does it again, I'll use something sharper."

The shoveling? Ha! I was laughing pretty hard on that. Didn't realize that was an acceptable form of discipline. :)

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM

I loved that part. Burt's voice reminded me of the bad guy from the first Highlander movie. My favorite quote is far from funny though. It was a very dramatic moment at the close of 4-3 Rules and Regulations, when Michael kicks Kelly out into the rain, then saves her from a runner. She rushes back into the safety of the tower.

Michael: "No Angel, go ahead and open it back up! [to Kelly] You were just leaving, weren't you?! Well you best be on your way. I'm sure the rain will wash those chunks out of your clothes in no time."
Kelly: "I...I changed my mind."
Michael: "On your feet."
Riley: "Michael?"
Michael to Kelly: "You heard me, get up!"
Kelly: "I want to stay."
Michael: "Well it's too late! We don't want you to stay. Leave! Now! GET UP!"
Kelly: "Please...don't. I don't want to go out there."
Michael: "I'm tired of this, Kelly. I am.
...interruptions...
Michael: "I just sent two of my good friends out there to try and help you people, and I'll be damned if you throw it back in their faces. EVERYONE makes sacrifices here! You're not the only one. You remember that! You pull this shit again and you'll never come back! And that goes for any of ya!"

Not only was it a well written scene but incredibly well delivered. Kudos to Jim Gleason for making me shake from the intensity in his voice. Michael was seriously pissed and I felt it. This was a scene that despite all that has happened since, still stands out vividly in my mind.

TCM Revolver
Feb 22nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
I loved that part. Burt's voice reminded me of the bad guy from the first Highlander movie. My favorite quote is far from funny though. It was a very dramatic moment at the close of 4-3 Rules and Regulations, when Michael kicks Kelly out into the rain, then saves her from a runner. She rushes back into the safety of the tower.

Michael: "No Angel, go ahead and open it back up! [to Kelly] You were just leaving, weren't you?! Well you best be on your way. I'm sure the rain will wash those chunks out of your clothes in no time."
...interruptions...
Michael: "I just sent two of my good friends out there to try and help you people, and I'll be damned if you throw it back in their faces. EVERYONE makes sacrifices here! You're not the only one. You remember that! You pull this shit again and you'll never come back! And that goes for any of ya!"

Not only was it a well written scene but incredibly well delivered. Kudos to Jim Gleason for making me shake from the intensity in his voice. Michael was seriously pissed and I felt it. This was a scene that despite all that has happened since, still stands out vividly in my mind.

I found myself yelling at my radio cheering Michael on. That is my ALL-TIME favorite part of the podcast so far.

Hollomandious
Feb 22nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
"You! Give me a shovel. "
<!*clang*!>
<!*clang*!>
You just don't know when to shut up, do ya?!"

Ra1th
Feb 22nd, 2011, 09:07 PM
"You! Give me a shovel. "
<!*clang*!>
<!*clang*!>
You just don't know when to shut up, do ya?!"

greatest. quote. ever.

i literally got up out of my seat and cheered, and i had goosebumps for the rest of the episode

hollowscream666
Feb 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
wow same reactions here lol kinda werid but hey it's good

Ra1th
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:01 AM
new favorite quote

Angel: hey look, Datu's crying again

StepLaugh
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
new favorite quote

Angel: hey look, Datu's crying again

Once I heard that, I instantly came to this page XD haha

StepLaugh
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:19 PM
wow same reactions here lol kinda werid but hey it's good

that's what I tried to say in the #6 episode of WND, and no one agreed XD haha

Pikepaw
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hit him again!

I love that one so much. Just when Angel and Burt have settled their differences like men and they can relax for a moment, Michael "Hit him again!"

My other favourite is all the way back in 1-2, the quote that let me know I would love this series,

Angel: Did you really have to run over the Commander?!
Saul: Um, he was in the way
Angel: YOU SWERVED TO HIT HIM!

I could listen to that exchange for like an hour

j0be
Mar 7th, 2011, 04:47 PM
This is still my absolute favorite.

Mary had a lit*BOOM*tle*BOOM* lamb*BOOM*. Lit*BOOM*tle*BOOM* lamb*click*...*click**click*... Aw, but I wasn't done with my song.

And justt before it: Angel -
Oh yeah! Whooo! Now's it Angel's turn! Die! Whooo! Die, die! Burt's got nothing on me!... Aw... I'm out.

Tyrone
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile, but I so loved this quote in 19-2 that I had to share the love: Michael has finally regained consciousness after the surgery to re-break his arm, and he finds Pegs. She asks if he's planning something. He replies, "I've been awake maybe an hour already. Of course I have a plan."
George Peppard couldn't have said it better.

JesseG
Mar 8th, 2011, 08:48 PM
One of the most awesome scenes recently was when Peggs got tazed. Michael said " Come on what are they gonna do?" Bixby "I said get back to work!" Peggs "Uhhhohhoouhhh!?!" Michael "WHAT THE HELL!!" Bixbyr "I'm well within my right. Shhh-shhhee wasn't working. Now go on before i report YOU too." Michael " Oh thats how it is? You, hand me a shovel!" Bixby "There's no need for you to have a shovel...you don't work in this department" BAM "OOOHMPHH". "i'm ...well..within my...right." BAM Michael " You don't know when to shuttup do ya?"

I lauged so hard during this scene. Its not a one liner but priceless retribution. My personality is just like Michael's and it felt like I was swinging that shovel and connecting on that guys face. Just Awesome. I put my favorite quotes of that conversation in bold. I noticed others enjoying this scene on page 6. :) Gotta love Michael.

Eviebae
Mar 10th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I don't remember the episode, but I remember the gist:

"I wasn't supposed to even be here!" (not sure about the "even") I thought it was a Clerks reference (Kevin Smith) especially given that he self financed his Movie.

Cutting-T
Mar 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
"This radio show includes loud sudden noises and some adult situations, please listen responsibly"

I have no idea why, but the idea of someone listening to a podcast 'irresponsibly' makes me laugh, then again in second place there's that guy, who in the midst of an apocalypse still had the courage to go out there and sell fish-tanks while playing royalty-free music.

Too bad that turned out to be empty plot thread, as my predicion of the survivors repopulating in the protection of a glass bowl, turned out not to be true, then again K.C. is good at keeping a compelling story going and who knows, maybe Skittles is actually the 'Fish-Tank Guy'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

HardKor
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Angel: Did you really have to run over the Commander?!
Saul: Um, he was in the way

I could listen to that exchange for like an hour

I'm pretty sure that was the moment where I officially became hooked on the show.
My other favorite quote has got to be Pegs saying she found the boat manual after they crashed the boat.

Pikepaw
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
I also love about 75% of whatever Burt says,
"Three I told you so's in one day, gotta be a record"
"Note to self, Michael is an asshole"
"Point to Michael"

Burt: "I will never touch another drop again I swear babe, just let us get out of this"
Michael: "Why are you talking to your gun?"
Why aren't you talking to yours Michael? I love how Burt has a Desert Eagle as his memento of his wife, badass and sweet at the same time

G-Money
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
"SAMANTHA!!!!!!" by Datu

yarri
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM
my current favorite. is Saul and lady

lady: (peeing)
Saul: (big bad ass solder) Good girl, Good potty!

Pete
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:06 AM
Angel : (To Saul) Did You Have To Run Over The Comander!?!?
Saul : He Was In The Way.
Angel : You Swerved To Hit Him!!!

Rock Daddy
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Favorite quote...
Saul: "Dude, you experiment with the lady's cat, and you ain't never gonna get anymore pussy... Well, besides just that one."
I almost pissed my pants on that one.

LoadingGodmode
Apr 3rd, 2011, 07:06 AM
One of my favorite quotes of all time has to be from Burt:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I freakin' love that.

yarri
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
One of my favorite quotes of all time has to be from Burt:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I freakin' love that.

That is a great quote.

mem
Apr 4th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Burt episode 12-4
"Hey scarface say hello to my little friend !!"

also in that episode or maybe 12-3 burt "See mallers run. run mallers run !"

Blush
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Favorite quote...
Saul: "Dude, you experiment with the lady's cat, and you ain't never gonna get anymore pussy... Well, besides just that one."
I almost pissed my pants on that one.

which episode is that from?

Zombiehead
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Chapter 11.2

Pegs: Michael, can I talk you?
Michael: Yah.
Pegs: . . . in private?
Saul: heh heh heh private heh heh

Blush
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Chapter 6 - Part 3 of 3 (The Remains of Eastern Bay)

Scratch: I SEE YOU!
Saul: I see you too, bitch!

Zombiehead
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM

...interruptions...

I can't take that part seriously anymore because all I can think about is Greg walking his dog screaming "Just throw the bitch out!"

Nutz
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM
My favorite quotes:

Datu: I'm Datu, the maintenance guy.

Amy: Got go, lots to do

Unknown colonist: More soup!!

Angel: And look, Datu's crying, again.

timberwoof
Apr 8th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Burt: "Mary had a Little Lamb, Little Lamb...." completely with Shirley rounds with each syllable of little. And later:
Angle: "Burt, you know there's more to that song right?"

shadow
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:47 PM
my favorite quote is from Burt to Saul "If you dont stop calling me that, I'll miss next time" chapter three on the roof of Burt's gun store, gotta love burt

Crabb90
Apr 23rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
What are your favorite quotes from We're Alive?

Mine are as follows:

''We will spare your lives, just walk away.'' - Burt quoting Road Warrior

''Whatever you do, don't open that door.'' - Burt

''Oh, Boy! It's Scarface.'' - Burt

''The enemy of my enemy is my friend. This is about to get interesting.'' - Burt

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
New one,

Angel: Datu, did you bum YOURSELF out?
Datu: Maybe...

timberwoof
May 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
guy: What is that thing?
Tardust: Bricks, Why are you still holding that?
Bricks: You didn't tell me where to put it...

JRAM94
May 5th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Haha in Chapter 9 when Riley and Angel are at a giant pile of bodies and

Riley asks - "Why would they do that" and
Angel replies with - "Hold on, let me check my zombie manual and get back to you.

Also earlier in that chapter when Angel, Riley and Datu are at a liquor store and they see a zombie with a broken leg outside and the conversation went like

Angel - Riley, could you hit his other leg?
Riley - With my bow? ;)
Angel - I was thinking with an arrow, but if you wanted throw the bow at him, might hurt a little a less.
Riley - Smart ass.

OMG i love the Angel, Riley, Bow quote. I smile every time i hear it, but my faveorite is Burt: "Holy hell, this is fun!"

Rock Daddy
May 5th, 2011, 06:38 AM
which episode is that from?

It's from Chapter 2 Part 3 (3:26) after they find Mr. Whiskers

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Burt during chp 12:

on the firetruck with Shirley singing:
"Mary had a little *bam* little *bam* little *bam* oh, but I didn't get to finish my song"

"One for you and one for you, and.. oh you know how I hate to regift this but.."

johnnywhizzbang
May 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
OK I am guessing this thread may already exist and I know in the character BIO's there are some quotes, but..... what are favourites? I will start
''thanks for the corndog..'' Datu to Samantha

RoA Overlord
May 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Pure gold

By far the best line so far.

Pikepaw
May 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Burt during chp 12:

on the firetruck with Shirley singing:
"Mary had a little *bam* little *bam* little *bam* oh, but I didn't get to finish my song"

"One for you and one for you, and.. oh you know how I hate to regift this but.."

You have a slight typo, those lines happen in Chapter 13, not 12, still awesome lines. Chapter 13 had some great Burt moments, I especially like in 13-1 when we see him vulnerable, "SHUT YOUR FACE SIR! THAT'S AN ORDER!"
"I just need enough to get me there and then I won't need any of you ANY MORE! NO MORE!"

Him and Angel in that scene are amazing, especially since Angel calls him out, "You hide behind your gun and once that's out, you have nothing!" and of course "just wait to see what happens next time you lock yourself in a BATHROOM!"

Burt strangling Angel a bit doesn't hurt...

johnnywhizzbang
May 12th, 2011, 03:44 PM
definitely in my top 5!

Eitri
May 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Angel:
Dead, Dead, Dead, Twitching! *Gunshot* Dead, Dead.

Pikepaw
May 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
My fav Lizzie quotes:
Micheal: "Isn't that for us to drink?"
Lizzie: "Oh, It will be hard to drink when we're dead!"

"Bitch, bitch, bitch!"

Dameon1213
May 14th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Saul: Did you jump her bones.
and
Angel:you just hit the comander!
Saul: he was in the way

HardKor
Jun 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
While re-listening to season 2 this bit from 17-2 struck my funny bone:

Michael is being held up by Victor while trying to take a leak

Kelly: Michael? Do you need some help, some water maybe? Did you get an infection?
Pegs: excuse me?

Creem_Filling
Jun 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM
"Note to self: Michael is an asshole." ~Burt

cupcakezombie
Jun 1st, 2011, 10:25 PM
Saul and Burt in 21-3
Saul: This is Saul 2.0, part man, part... plastic... tubing...drip... thing.
Burt: You didn't know where you were going with that, did ya?
Saul: It started out so good in my head.

Blood & Ice Cream
Jun 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM
22-2
kalani - besides, females make the best pilots
burt - doesn't matter, you think i'm getting in of one of those things with her? you're nuts...!

20-2
angel - hey! Saul... wake up... did you hear me? we have a doctor
saul - oh no angel... man... i don't want to play x-box with you anymore...

6-3
burt - so we cover ourselves in alcohol? i'm liking this idea.. hey! kelly.. you me.. a bottle of gin... what do you think? lather up a bit?
kelly - you're disgusting... thats harassment
burt - so sue me <laughs>
michael - burt.. come on.. you know thats a waste of good gin

Bravo Team Leader
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Burt." I'll spare your lives now walk away"

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM
This isn't really a favorite quote of mine but more of an observation (who am I? Isaac-freaking-Newton?!). I noticed in 4-2 That Michael tells Tommy not to call him sir, explaining that he should instead call him Sergeant because he works for a living. Is that an intentional quote from Stripes?

Th3_T3ch
Jun 24th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I can't believe there has been only one Victor quote.
Victor: "gonna give yourself a heart attack, pinche fatass"

Victor: "I was bored, and it pissed him off, so I kept doing it."

Then for my great favorites

Micheal to Marcus: "I got him drunk. It wasn't that hard after that."

Tanya to Micheal:" Your askin me? It's your building."

Kavindonald007
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Ferris: How can I possibly be expected to handle school on a day like this?

Kc
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:49 AM
This isn't really a favorite quote of mine but more of an observation (who am I? Isaac-freaking-Newton?!). I noticed in 4-2 That Michael tells Tommy not to call him sir, explaining that he should instead call him Sergeant because he works for a living. Is that an intentional quote from Stripes?
Not intentionally... it's something that I heard from Drill Sergeants way back in the day.

GD_Elite
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
A couple that I can think of but I don't think have been mentioned in the thread so far:

Angel: I am so tired of having a broken rifle.
Riley: I have medication for that back at the tower.

Michael: Okay wheres the crowbar?
Pegs: Umm...
Micahel: Pegs, where is it? How are we supposed to open the door?
Pegs: You didn't tell me to bring it, It's not my fault.
Michael: *laughs* Sorry, I have it I have it, I just wanted to make you squirm.
Pegs: Oh my gosh, I freaking hate you.

The second one was great because I was completely on the edge of my seat when this was happening. If I was her and he pulled that on me, I was have gone psycho on him.

yarri
Jul 7th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Not intentionally... it's something that I heard from Drill Sergeants way back in the day.

Isn't it funny that they all say something like that? I can't repeat in polite company the first words I heard from mine.

Miss
Jul 18th, 2011, 07:57 PM
my fave is when Mike and the gang get back from the colony and they are getting out of the car and Angel comes in
Mike: what the hell happened to you??
Angel: I got into a fight with a window..... and it won

Max Torque
Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Angel seems to get a lot of good lines. One of my favorites was when Datu met Hope for the first time, and Angel walks into the room.

Angel: (completely non-surprised tone) Oh look, Datu's crying again.

Chellefish
Jul 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
6-3
michael - burt.. come on.. you know thats a waste of good gin

That is my favorite quote!

ClearSights
Jul 23rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
A couple that I can think of but I don't think have been mentioned in the thread so far:

Michael: Okay wheres the crowbar?
Pegs: Umm...
Micahel: Pegs, where is it? How are we supposed to open the door?
Pegs: You didn't tell me to bring it, It's not my fault.
Michael: *laughs* Sorry, I have it I have it, I just wanted to make you squirm.
Pegs: Oh my gosh, I freaking hate you.

The second one was great because I was completely on the edge of my seat when this was happening. If I was her and he pulled that on me, I was have gone psycho on him.

Hah I was the same way with that.

Pikepaw
Jul 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
New quotes to add to my favourite list,

Angel: Hurry there's nothing to stop them between us and the chopper
Burt: Yeah there is...me
Badass Burt!

Of course, the dialogue that I think should get a freaking award and tore my heart apart,
Angel: Get Kalani to that helicopter, get the hell out of LA and don't look back!
Riley: Don't say that, please
Angel: Look you don't need me okay, remember
Riley: But I do, I didn't mean that. Okay. Don't do this
Angel: Just go okay
Riley: No
Angel: Just go Okay!
Riley: No!
Angel: PLEASE! Just go...

Robzombie
Jul 23rd, 2011, 11:06 PM
Dont know if this one was mentioned yet...
Angel to Saul when they found burt " i bet he's parting it up with all the ladies"
Micheal at the tower during the zombie attack "shoot that bitch in the face!"
Lol, so funny

Conf
Jul 24th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Burt totally "Get..this..shit outtamyhouse!"

7oddisdead
Jul 24th, 2011, 04:33 AM
During pegs chopper training you can hear burt, victor, and datu talking in the background. While most of their conversation cannot be heard...the one line that sticks out ( and is confirmed via the out-takes section in we're not dead 19)...
Victor:
"five bucks on the old guy"

Magrat
Jul 24th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Are those new people?

Don Man
Jul 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
mine is in chapter 3 when saul and angel are on a supply run. They are in some gardening store
Saul: Im carrying big bigs of soil and your fucking around with a bunch of little packets. Your such and officer
Made me laugh so much

Lavitz
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I'm slowly listening to the whole thing again before Saturday while I work on drawing studies and homework for class, so I'm finding some new quotes I like.
I don't want to say this is my favorite one, but it gave me a good chuckle:
Pegs: "what do you think it was?"
Michael: "huh I don't know, sea lion, dolphin, shark, big fish, you want me to keep going?"

HardKor
Aug 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Samantha had a few good lines of a gallows humor variety:

Datu: "You're going to bed?"
Samantha: "This is more of a floor. I'm going to floor."

Then later:

Samantha: "Shut up and go to floor."

Kahlua85
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Michael: "SHOOT THAT BITCH IN THE FACE!" LMAO
It gets me every single time lol. I loved it because right before that Angel said something about Michael kicking it up in the tower surrounded by ladies.

jobe13
Aug 14th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Episode 24. Burt says, "And the shakes left my body. And their asses became game." Brutal.

Devilish Pizza
Aug 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM
When Burt and Kalani go and pick up Angel and Riley to go to the hospital:
Angel: Hey guys!
The way he says it...... Crack up!!!

reaper239
Aug 15th, 2011, 09:58 AM
the one line that's not in this show that so needs to be is from tombstone "i'm your huckleberry"

as for favorite existing quote, i'd have to go with "shoot that bitch in the face"

werewolf
Aug 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
when Burt gave Angel the saw on the firetruck. then Angel started to fire it "Its Angels turn! Burt has nothing on me!" loved it.

Zombiephyllic
Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
After Angel jumps through the window when he was trying to make the Behemoth bring down the building.

Kolani: You're bleeding all over
Angel: I came through a window! What do you expect!?!
Kolani:Hold still, hold still man! Oh, its all over. That one's deep.
Angel: Awwwww...Oh, Holy mother of Marry and some other guy! I don't remember. Catholic school was so long ago!

I laughed so hard after that.

usmcludwig
Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:02 PM
Burt: "The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone."
Saul: "Augh!"
Burt: "Listen Betty, dont start up with your white zone shit again."
Saul: "Shut up"
*break from other chatter*
Burt: "There is no stopping in the white zone!"
Saul: "This isn't helping!"
Burt: "O'rly Brennon- why pretend? We both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion."
Saul: "Stop it, come on! I'll turn my walkie-talkie off!"
Burt: "It's really the only sensible thing to do if its done safely. Therapeutically, there is no danger involved."

that bit just cracked me the hell up- mainly because of Burt's deep voice- I was dying lol

cleeprevo
Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:47 AM
Datu "What room was that?"
Peggs "4... 4C I think."
Datu "Ohh no. Rileys right. Mr. Abernahty lived alone."
Funniest moment in the first few chapters!

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Sep 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Chapter 14 - Part 2 of 3 [13:19 - 22:24]

Burt - "Hey...uh...did I ever tell you about a tuna sandwich that saved my life?"

G-Money
Sep 29th, 2011, 10:08 PM
"SAMANTHA!!!!!" -Datu

Simply the most heart wrenching moment in the entire podcast.

Amisiel
Sep 30th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Chapter 24 [Somewhere around 20 minutes in]

Angel: "THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!!' (screaming in walkie talkie)
Scratch: "If your going to lose your temper, I am not going to talk to you anymore"
Angel: "what do you want" (obviously trying to hold his temper)

I have to admit I kinda have a soft part for scratch and her deevious behavior

leej
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:48 PM
chapter 13 "doesn't have anything to do with a sandwich man!" hahaha

Big G
Nov 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
When they were escaping from the colony in chapter 19-3

Pegs: "Well there's no going back there"
Michael "Yeah we pretty much burned that bridge"
Victor: "And poured gasoline on the ashes"

Definitely one of my favorite lines from Victor so far in the series

daredevil
Nov 10th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Saul when he was having the bullet removed.

Saul - "What, What happened next?"

Just because of the thing Saul was biting on made it funny.

Miss
Dec 6th, 2011, 06:10 PM
when burt saul and lizzy are at the fueling depot and burt is trying to explain diseal vs unleaded and saul taps the side of the tanker
and says "or you could read the tag that says unleaded" to which burt replies " just being through, now she knows"

wh33t
Dec 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM
It's not really a single quote, but a whole scene filled with my favourite quotes.

Chapter 4 - Episode 2 - 9:23

It's when Michael originally gives the order to have everyone keep "logs", or "journals" about the "monsters" or the "zombies" or whatever it's called lol. I loved it. I thought the scene really gave some depth to Tommy's innocence.

Jordan531
Jan 14th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Angel: "Burt, you comin'?"
Burt: "Slowly.....but *with* Shirley. Heh heh."

Kelly: "This is cruel and unusual punishment."
Saul: "Ahh save it, Shapiro."

Also

Datu: "Michael, I've seen some scary things in my life...but Kelly? Like that?"

yoyoyoyo15
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:34 AM
My favorite quote is by Burt when he says "I'm coming... Slowly but with Shirley"

not_infected
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I love certain lines because there's just something so perfect about the music of the writing and the acting coming together.

Would you like to share a favorite line or quotable moment? I know I'm not the only person who listens to this show over and over.

Here's a couple of mine from early on:

S1/C1/P1
Reporter: ...biting and thrashing at one another.

S1/C1/P2
Riley: Totally, you do your thing.

-----------------------------------------------

Actually, I say this last one a lot, it's just so perfect.

shiroidenkou1994
Apr 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Angel: "No, I don't think it was him. Unless he's secretly Jay Garrick."

Michael: "Who?"

Angel: "He's... Y'know what, it's a nerd thing, you wouldn't understand."

LOL! :) That line had me smiling all day. For those of you who didn't get it, Jay Garrick is the alter-ego of The Flash.

GingerNacre
Apr 25th, 2012, 05:32 AM
My fav quote is always what is generally said when a behemoth zombie is seen OR the zombie horde call is heard for the first time by characters. It usually follows as such: "WTF is THAT?!" It cracks me up EVERY TIME! There are slight variations, but well, it's all the same fun. :yay:

GingerNacre
Apr 25th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Also, other favorite quote: Burt shooting to "Mary had a LIT-TLE-LAMB" shots being fired as sung. What a good damn time. I think I relistened 5 times. :D

GingerNacre
Apr 25th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Angel: "No, I don't think it was him. Unless he's secretly Jay Garrick."

Michael: "Who?"

Angel: "He's... Y'know what, it's a nerd thing, you wouldn't understand."

LOL! :) That line had me smiling all day. For those of you who didn't get it, Jay Garrick is the alter-ego of The Flash.

This made me laugh when listening. :yay:

Condor
Apr 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Scratch: "I don't care if you're f***ing a rat, just be where I tell you to be, the next time I tell you to be there."

Skeptic-all
Apr 25th, 2012, 08:43 PM
HAHA THIS THREAD IS AWESOME!!
And speaking about quotes can anyone enlighten me to what pegs said in Chp19 The Catalyst part 1 of 3: I cannot make out the last thing she says after giving her journal to Michael and kissing him. It sounds like " Wait! What will I wear?" or "Wait! Who is that glare" or "Wait! How is the bear?" or "Wait! When will you care?"
I don't understand a single word after "Wait!" maybe KC can explain or one of you faithful listeners might help.
I have listened and re-listened so many times and I still only hear. "Wait! Glua Fli Mon Woerr."

cupcakezombie
Apr 25th, 2012, 09:16 PM
HAHA THIS THREAD IS AWESOME!!
And speaking about quotes can anyone enlighten me to what pegs said in Chp19 The Catalyst part 1 of 3: I cannot make out the last thing she says after giving her journal to Michael and kissing him. It sounds like " Wait! What will I wear?" or "Wait! Who is that glare" or "Wait! How is the bear?" or "Wait! When will you care?"
I don't understand a single word after "Wait!" maybe KC can explain or one of you faithful listeners might help.
I have listened and re-listened so many times and I still only hear. "Wait! Glua Fli Mon Woerr."

She says "Wait! Only where?". She is wondering where Michael is going.

bradarro11
Apr 26th, 2012, 04:26 AM
gotta be angel when he's in the mass of rotting corpses, not really a quote but a line saying, " just as a fold of skin from a forearm slips over my eyes" mmmmmmmm yummy...

Skeptic-all
Apr 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Oh Alright! That makes sense Cause bear or care or glare didn't sound right... Thanks cupcakezombie!

USMC-CPL-Zombiekiller
May 1st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Id have to look up what episode this quote is in. My favorite is when Saul follows Latch and Scratch back to the strip mall.

Scratch "I see you!"
Saul "I see you too bitch!"

yarri
May 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Id have to look up what episode this quote is in. My favorite is when Saul follows Latch and Scratch back to the strip mall.

Scratch "I see you!"
Saul "I see you too bitch!"

Mine too!

MGM Ray
May 25th, 2012, 07:49 PM
One of mine has to be when Scratch talking to Kalani over the radio says in a voice dripping with condescension, "Better start running...." The way she delivers her self perceived superiority over a person with voice inflection is masterful. In the words of Michael, "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

Cunning Plan
May 31st, 2012, 07:44 AM

brilliant, a pure wrestling commentator's line. makes me lol every time I hear it!

socali
Jun 20th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Saul: "We found crack in Inglewood. Big surprise"
Victor: "That's a good one homie"

Saul: "Then you are ONE COLD BITCH" - I was like DAAAYYAAAMMM!

Cabbage Patch
Jun 20th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Chapter 30, part 3, you can hear Saul inventorying the contents of the soldier's bag in the background while Glenn, Victor and CJ talk in the foreground. "Let's see what we got...chap stick, toothpaste, ammo...ungh, porno...hey, a phone. Broken in half, worthless".

Godsendunlimited
Jun 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM
"what happened?"- Sean
"you ran into a wall"- Angel
"Oh I hit ya"- Burt

" oh i see. You only want her because she puts out. you could have gotten lucky Michael."- Datu

GeOsiris
Jun 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM
"what happened?"- Sean
"you ran into a wall"- Angel
"Oh I hit ya"- Burt

" oh i see. You only want her because she puts out. you could have gotten lucky Michael."- Datu

Yeah. That was pretty funny. Datu has a great dry sense of humour (sic). Very British even. The actor's delivery was spot on too.

Robzombie
Jul 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
At Ft Irwin when Micheal is explaining the virtues of Pegs, Datu, and Kelly to validate them staying on the base for basic training....
"...and Kelly....she's kelly....she's great..."

DannyBox
Jul 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
My favorite one is

Chapter 13 "Separate Embers Dying" part 1 of 3

Datu "Just face it" "we all going to die"

Burt "Who the hell said that"

Datu "Who do you think"

P.S. Classic discussion between people...Cheers for that one :cool:

scbubba
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:43 AM
After Chapter 35 it has to be Burt: "Slowly... and without Shirley"

Sad, but also funny.

pinkstarmary
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM
My faves, Ch. 3-3
Lizzy-"You mean I have to stay in the same room as Edward Scissor kitty?"
Saul-"Lizzy could just stay in my room. There's a much less deadly beast there."

scbubba
Nov 30th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Chapter 8-2

<Datu telling Michael that Kelly was showering when the water cutoff>
Datu: Michael, I've seen some scary things in my life... but Kelly... like that...

<Angel pestering Riley for details on the budding Saul - Lizzie romance>
Michael: You used to watch a lot of trash TV didn't you?
Angel: Yeah. Why do you ask?

Litmaster
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Burt, after jumping down to the fire truck:

"MOVE YOUR ASS!"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 1st, 2012, 02:44 AM
Episode 25-1, each and every time:

Saul: You can hot-wire a car?
Victor: What? 'cause I'm Mexican? Figured you could, brother!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 1st, 2012, 02:59 AM
Here is another one:

Saul: Well, ándale, ándale!
Victor: Asshole.

Classic!

scbubba
Dec 1st, 2012, 04:41 AM
From 11-3 R and R

Angel: Alright troops, Officer Angel here ready to get down and funky!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 1st, 2012, 05:31 AM
From 11-3 R and R

Angel: Alright troops, Officer Angel here ready to get down and funky!

Good one, but it sounded so awkward.

scbubba
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:42 AM
Good one, but it sounded so awkward.

It did sound kinda awkward. But I always pictured Angel as a little socially awkward...

Deacon_Tyler
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:36 PM
Second best was "Woooohooo! It's Angel's turn now!"

Deacon_Tyler
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:42 PM
One of mine has to be when Scratch talking to Kalani over the radio says in a voice dripping with condescension, "Better start running...." The way she delivers her self perceived superiority over a person with voice inflection is masterful. In the words of Michael, "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

I have never heard a voice so insanely sexy - seriously.

scbubba
Dec 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
While cleaning out the armory at the Colony in Chapter 19 - 3:

Kelly - "Ohhh, a flare gun. This is like Christmas. I'm getting a little bit of everything."

The way she says it makes me laugh every time.....

scbubba
Dec 14th, 2012, 05:05 AM
After first arriving at Fort Irwin (26-2) Michael tells Datu he's not sharing a room with him. Pegs is there and suggests she could share with Michael. Datu gets offended...

Datu: Just because I don't put out? Mmm hmm, Ok. I see. Double standard. <walking away>
Michael: <muttering> I'm gonna kill him...
Pegs: He's not serious.
Datu: <still walking away> You know, you were going to get lucky tonight, Michael!

katlero
Dec 21st, 2012, 09:12 PM
After first arriving at Fort Irwin (26-2) Michael tells Datu he's not sharing a room with him. Pegs is there and suggests she could share with Michael. Datu gets offended...

Datu: Just because I don't put out? Mmm hmm, Ok. I see. Double standard. <walking away>
Michael: <muttering> I'm gonna kill him...
Pegs: He's not serious.
Datu: <still walking away> You know, you were going to get lucky tonight, Michael!

LOVE! Datu is probably one of my favorites because of his range and pure sarcasm.

RabidWolf
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM
My favorite so far us probably during the scene where we find out Tanya is Sails mom. Can't remember who said them but

You're a vet?

Wait, you're Saul's mom?

scbubba
Jan 9th, 2013, 07:16 PM
My favorite so far us probably during the scene where we find out Tanya is Sails mom. Can't remember who said them but

You're a vet?

Wait, you're Saul's mom?

Michael says the "You're a vet?" line while Burt blurts out "Wait, she's your mom?"...

Awesome exchange.

RabidWolf
Jan 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Michael says the "You're a vet?" line while Burt blurts out "Wait, she's your mom?"...

Awesome exchange.

Yeah, that one... thanks for the correction

RabidWolf
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Another good one

If a helicopter crashes in a field and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Red Shirt
Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:35 PM
Hey everybody, what's up? Hugs for us?
No f*ckin' love, I tell yah. Y'all f*ckin' stink anyway.

Yeah, yeah. We shot the one on fire. :D

Lilydragon
Feb 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM
You know, you were going to get lucky tonight, Michael!

I LOVE that one!

Lilydragon
Feb 1st, 2013, 09:48 PM
That's a girl!? When Puck and Micheal bring in the little one to have Tanya perform an autopsy.

turbo
Feb 4th, 2013, 10:31 PM
One of my favorite quotes in live was said in the story. Checkout my profile image :)

Witch_Doctor
Feb 4th, 2013, 11:32 PM
One of my favorite quotes in live was said in the story. Checkout my profile image :)

Is that your tattoo?

turbo
Feb 5th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Yes it is!

Storm
Apr 12th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Datu, chapter 9.1:
"Maybe she kept a little handgun in her purse... My grandmother did that, but then again, she was a little paranoid..."

Abdoola
Apr 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM
the quote Confucius said "do unto others what you want them to do unto you" or don't do unto others what you don't want others do unto you".

1) ‎"A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her."

2) You're lucky enough to be different. Never change.

3) At the end of the day, you are who you are, and it's probably who you've always been

Spime
Apr 11th, 2014, 09:49 AM
I think it was banter between Saul and Victor where Victor says something about his ex-wife "She was like Frodo, put the ring on her and brought the evil out." Had a good laugh at that one. There were a lot of these little moments but this one stood out.

pmchawk
May 30th, 2014, 11:54 AM
There are a lot of good ones what's your favorite quote?

REZombie
May 31st, 2014, 09:14 PM
"Kiddy Gobblers" lol

"Shoot that bitch in the face!"

pmchawk
Jun 2nd, 2014, 06:54 AM
"We had to shoot Angel's girlfriend. Yeah, I feel bad about it but it was the right thing to do."

"I'm a heartless bastard for trying to give a girl some flowers."

clem131
Jun 4th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Aside from those that work well in the context only like "Get to the chopper!", "Who you're gonna call? Ghostbusters" the best stand-alone in my opinion is:
"These cheetos might have just saved our asses!"

crew
Jul 22nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
I think my favorite is when Saul and Victor are bickering in the back of the car and CJ interrupts them, "Children!" =D