PDA

View Full Version : Nickname for original fans

IamPaul
May 6th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Figured the best way to find a name for us , before the Nerdist (BN), fans was to start a thread to work it out. My ideas were Tower Members (TM's) or Waylanders.

Osiris
May 6th, 2013, 05:22 PM
BC - Before Chris
AD - After . . . . Dante--fuck I got nothing.

scbubba
May 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Great idea! Thanks for starting the thread.

Kc suggested in the Nerdist announcement thread that he would like something that referenced the Tower. His suggestion was OT or Original Tenants.

I say we keep riffing on the ideas posted and see what rises up...

I'll throw out one out there: Towerites

Osiris
May 6th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Keep it simple. Add an OG tag to everyone who registered before 2013. Done and done. I need a beer.

Osiris
May 6th, 2013, 05:33 PM
The We're A'Lifer . . . um . . . s?

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Call the nerdist folk the New Brood. :p

Osiris
May 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Or we just call them family, and make them feel like they're part of us as opposed to standing apart from a niche.

EDIT*

Wow, that sounded less convoluted in my head.

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Or we just call them family, and make them feel like they're part of us as opposed to standing apart from a niche.

EDIT*

Wow, that sounded less convoluted in my head.

nah I got you. I was honestly wondering why we even needed to bother personally. If people feel the need, fine...I just don't really know why we need it.

It would be like differentiating between who found the podcast through Greg Miller and who found it of their own means.

cupcakezombie
May 6th, 2013, 06:18 PM
We have the join date in our bios beside all our posts which should provide an indication as well. We could even colour that as a subtle distinction if people wanted.

Osiris
May 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM
nah I got you. I was honestly wondering why we even needed to bother personally. If people feel the need, fine...I just don't really know why we need it.

It would be like differentiating between who found the podcast through Greg Miller and who found it of their own means.

Word, son. I don't have a preference either way, but if I was required to vote I would probably say "even playing field. We all already know who WE are and it's really no different than the people who have joined at any time beyond season one. We're all just trying to fit in somehow.

That said, if Kc feels as though he wants to recognize the original members--or pre-hardwickers--then so be it.

IamPaul
May 7th, 2013, 02:55 AM
What is with all the niceness in here? I think we all need a little segregation. I think we can all agree we are better than any new listener to show, right guys?

OldtypeM87
May 7th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Keep it simple. Add an OG tag to everyone who registered before 2013. Done and done. I need a beer.

Call the nerdist folk the New Brood. :p

So that's means everyone that joined between January and April 2013 are stuck in the middle of the lost zone. I call dibs on "The Lost Boys"

Witch_Doctor
May 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Original Fans, New Fans, we can always get a tee shirt that says, "I was a (Insert FanBoynym Here) BEFORE it was cool." Either way, a name would identify us as diehard fans. We old timers will still have our inside jokes and references like the Great Inkling/ADLO Schism of 2012.

nikvoodoo
May 7th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Original Fans, New Fans, we can always get a tee shirt that says, "I was a (Insert FanBoynym Here) BEFORE it was cool." Either way, a name would identify us as diehard fans. We old timers will still have our inside jokes and references like the Great Inkling/ADLO Schism of 2012.

Only if you wear dark rimmed glasses and skinny jeans....

And you suck for bringing up Inkling/ADLO again. Still a sore subject with me. ;)

Osiris
May 7th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Oh no! We're All Hipsters!

IamPaul
May 7th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I thought of a blanket name for all We're Alive fans, because as nikvoodoo and osiris point out this really is a hipster topic. How about 'The Family". We all know what that means. I know it is not a tower name, but I think it sounds cool as a name for the fans. I apologize for starting this Hipster thread. I only realized after the fact that it is sort of a douchey thing to do. I beg for forgiveness.

nikvoodoo
May 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
20 lashes with a wet noodle and you're forgiven. I do like the idea of embracing the Family name but its gotta be for all of us.

Besides, who else but family can get as scathingly pissed off as we get with each other from time to time and them come back later and everything is buddy buddy?

Witch_Doctor
May 7th, 2013, 04:09 PM
One name I REFUSE to go by. Little One

itsallgoodie
May 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM

Yeah remember that time I rick-rolled everyone on April Fools Day!

Witch_Doctor
May 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM
The Desert Eagles
The 50 Calibers
The 5.56s
The 223rd. Angel's Unit
The Sweat Bottles (Welcome Back Carter, anyone?)
The Hummers (Yea... No)
The Spring Street Gang

I got nothing.

Inklings?
ADLOS? Just kidding Nikvoodoo.:D

Witch_Doctor
May 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Yeah remember that time I rick-rolled everyone on April Fools Day!

Yes (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3066-Kc-Loves-the-Forum-Episode-28-1-Out-Early!&p=36787&viewfull=1#post36787) :squint:

Duffusmonkey
May 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM
The Early Ones
Ground Zero's , we were here when it began

Michaels' Angels, This one is so bad I HAD to post it

Saul's Ballers

Osiris
May 7th, 2013, 06:17 PM
One name I REFUSE to go by. Little One

Penis joke.

Condor
May 7th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Shirley's Family

or keep it simple:
Tower Members
Tower Residents
Tower Dwellers.

The Desert Eagles
The 50 Calibers
The 5.56s
The 223rd. Angel's Unit
The Sweat Bottles (Welcome Back Carter, anyone?)
The Hummers (Yea... No)
The Spring Street Gang

I got nothing.

Inklings?
ADLOS? Just kidding Nikvoodoo.:D
Got a problem with Hummers? :)

Lilydragon
May 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Wow, I've been out of the loop for WAY too long... This is totally over my head. I'm lost... O_o But since I joined while into the 3rd season I don't know if I would qualify as an older member...

scbubba
May 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I thought of a blanket name for all We're Alive fans, because as nikvoodoo and osiris point out this really is a hipster topic. How about 'The Family". We all know what that means. I know it is not a tower name, but I think it sounds cool as a name for the fans. I apologize for starting this Hipster thread. I only realized after the fact that it is sort of a douchey thing to do. I beg for forgiveness.

Individual members could be called "Ringers".....

Osiris
May 7th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Maybe just give everyone a gold watch?

OldtypeM87
May 8th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Maybe just give everyone a gold watch?

or a ring with a marking on it

IamPaul
May 8th, 2013, 02:30 PM
or a ring with a marking on it

Or we can have a fan meet up where the Ladies get scars on their faces, and us Guys get our balls cut off............................Think I will go with the ring or watch.

nikvoodoo
May 8th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Let us remember where we are posting on the forum and where spoilers are and aren't allowed. We're still good, just keep it above board.

Wicked Sid
May 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM
First Turned seems like a good name, but whatever.

Or Face Tattoos. Yes, let's get face tattoos.

nikvoodoo
May 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
First Turned seems like a good name, but whatever.

Or Face Tattoos. Yes, let's get face tattoos.

....we're gonna have to bite people in the ears now aren't we?

Wicked Sid
May 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM
....we're gonna have to bite people in the ears now aren't we?

I thought that was a given.

Solanine
May 12th, 2013, 08:01 AM
What about some sweet ink? I'm sure somebody could pick something out after the completely awesome analysis of TOWTM's Tattoo's / the ring.
Seriously though it might be cool to have a different coloured date or what ever. Thing is though, me and many others like me only registered for forums post season two starting.
We could do a tiered system.

TBH though I'm not sure its necessary. Although I sure do miss the time period in season two and the summer after.
It was pretty exciting since Greg had just brought in a metric crap ton of new listeners
So many people haven't been active over the last season and the gaps.