PDA

View Full Version : App issues

Runner5
May 3rd, 2013, 07:09 AM
I just downloaded the app from the iTunes Store and am not able to download or stream any episodes to listen to. Is there an issue with the episodes on the app?

Kc
May 3rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
I just downloaded the app from the iTunes Store and am not able to download or stream any episodes to listen to. Is there an issue with the episodes on the app?

Works fine for my testers. Streaming is sometimes a little glitchy when not on Wifi, it should be ok. Can you try a different connection? Some places and wifi block mp3s.

tonyhind86
Dec 6th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I usually download the episodes via the Podcasts app on the iphone. However, I downloaded episode 40-3 directly through the WA app. Now when I'm trying to download the episode via podcasts, it's saying there's a download error. Has this happened to anyone before, or is it maybe my phone being a tad glitch?

skankyfish
Dec 6th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I downloaded 40-3 via the podcasts app on my iphone over 3G, a few minutes after it was posted - seemed trouble free at that point.

tonyhind86
Dec 6th, 2013, 06:05 AM
I downloaded 40-3 via the podcasts app on my iphone over 3G, a few minutes after it was posted - seemed trouble free at that point.

Normally I get automatic downloads because I have the phone hooked up to Wi-Fi, but because I wasn't at home on Monday afternoon (I've deactivated auto downloads on 3G) I got the episode straight through the app. I've got the episode on iTunes on my computer, I'll try syncing it over and see if that works.

skankyfish
Dec 6th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Normally I get automatic downloads because I have the phone hooked up to Wi-Fi, but because I wasn't at home on Monday afternoon (I've deactivated auto downloads on 3G) I got the episode straight through the app. I've got the episode on iTunes on my computer, I'll try syncing it over and see if that works.

I have auto-downloads turned off on 3G too (500mb per month data limit!), but I make an exception to manually download WA :)

tonyhind86
Dec 6th, 2013, 06:08 AM
I have auto-downloads turned off on 3G too (500mb per month data limit!), but I make an exception to manually download WA :)

Are you on 02 aswell as I? I get the same limit, though it seemed a small price to pay to get the episode straight away :)

skankyfish
Dec 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Yep, O2! PAYG though, so £10 top-up = 500mb, works out cheaper than contract for me :)

tonyhind86
Dec 6th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Yep, O2! PAYG though, so £10 top-up = 500mb, works out cheaper than contract for me :)

Same as me. I'm tempted to switch to the 3 network - I can get all-you-can-eat-data for a similar price. I'll have to get a new phone though, seeing as this one's not open to all networks.

nikvoodoo
Dec 6th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I usually download the episodes via the Podcasts app on the iphone. However, I downloaded episode 40-3 directly through the WA app. Now when I'm trying to download the episode via podcasts, it's saying there's a download error. Has this happened to anyone before, or is it maybe my phone being a tad glitch?

Pretty sure there was a server switchover which may have resulted in the podcast app being wonky. That being said, the podcast app didn't download 40-2 and I got it directly from the app. I've never had an issue with the app downloading except when it was in Beta.

tonyhind86
Dec 6th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Pretty sure there was a server switchover which may have resulted in the podcast app being wonky. That being said, the podcast app didn't download 40-2 and I got it directly from the app. I've never had an issue with the app downloading except when it was in Beta.

I managed to sync the episode from my computer to the phone. When I originally started downloading the episodes in October, I downloaded them all at the same time (I believe it was 1-1 to 39-1) and it worked fine.

Because I'm using the WA app more often now, I'll download the episodes direct from there. It'll be handy to download them on the way home from work.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Kc
Dec 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM
The switch-over could have caused some temporary issues, which we suggest just deleting any episodes and just re-downloading them. Because we switched servers, it's seeing two different server addresses and giving an error.

tonyhind86
Dec 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
The switch-over could have caused some temporary issues, which we suggest just deleting any episodes and just re-downloading them. Because we switched servers, it's seeing two different server addresses and giving an error.

Cool beans. I haven't had any issues with the episode collection on the app, so it looks OK from there at least.

Arcane Tremere
Jan 8th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I seem not to be remembered when I am coming back to the app? Is this normal ?