PDA

View Full Version : What Episodes/ scenes haunt you

Duffusmonkey
Apr 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM
"Scorched Earth" still haunts me. The Kids that Riley save and give back to their parents... dying in the Nuke blast was just brutal. I have listened to that episode several times and every time I think the kids are going to get on the chopper, and it never happens.

The attempted rape on Lizzy is the opposite for me, every time I hear it I get a little sick thinking Lizzy is going to be violated and have a uneasy relief when Scratch saves her.

What scenes still freak you out?

scbubba
Apr 29th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I have to say that I get an uneasy feeling when Kalani & Riley are describing the rooms in the mental ward at Cain hospital. Then I definitely tense up when they have their run in with "him" in the hallway....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 29th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Burt killing the Behemoth. The imagery of it running blind through the Colony and the sounds it was making as it was dying. Sure, good that he took down a beast but the sounds of it in distress reminds me of a wounded animal.

Duffusmonkey
Apr 29th, 2013, 07:33 PM
The other scene that made me really uneasy was the boat. When I run I always feel like I can run faster if I try but when I am swimming it always seems too slow. Not being able to see under the water made me think that something was going to pull them under at any time. That scene was like a scary movie where an idiot opens the door when the whole theater is yelling not to do it, it kind of aggravated me.

Duffusmonkey
Apr 29th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I have to say that I get an uneasy feeling when Kalani & Riley are describing the rooms in the mental ward at Cain hospital. Then I definitely tense up when they have their run in with "him" in the hallway....

Theory: The man in the pin stripe suit is wearing body armor. He is smart enough and he was shot in the chest at least once with a gun and once with a bow.

scbubba
Apr 29th, 2013, 08:44 PM
The other scene that made me really uneasy was the boat. When I run I always feel like I can run faster if I try but when I am swimming it always seems too slow. Not being able to see under the water made me think that something was going to pull them under at any time. That scene was like a scary movie where an idiot opens the door when the whole theater is yelling not to do it, it kind of aggravated me.

That's the way I felt when swimming at night for several years after I saw Jaws for the first time....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 29th, 2013, 09:02 PM

That's another one of mine too. Even the title of the chapter, The Devil's Workshop, raises the hair on the back of my neck.

turbo
Apr 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
When Scratch cut CJ, I can still hear the screams.

LiamKerrington
Apr 30th, 2013, 02:06 AM
- when Scratch used all here evil and spite to finish off Charly, 'cause this was totally evil
- the Firetruck-Scene, 'cause imagine shit would have had hit the fan ...
- when Pegs shot Latch, 'cause it was very down to the core and intense and the fright of Pegs being on her own for the very first time was like WOW!
- the golf-park scene when the unknown red-haired girl was killed, 'cause to me it was so surrealistic what was going on
- the collapse of The Tower, 'just because
- Scratch and Lizzy talking about Scratch's backstory, 'cause you had the first opportunity to really understand parts of Scratch and it adds something to socializing with the enemy while my mind wouldn't accept any sympathy for this nightmare of a woman
- the Burt-torturing by Scratch, 'cause this was really, really evil, and a pain only from listening to it (awesome acting on all sides in this scene)
- the Scratch-CJ-duell, just because
- the first Marcus-Michael dialogue gave me a lot of creeps, 'cause it was kind of a weird utopian dystopian ideology in the mind of Marcus

Just to name a few ...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM
- when Scratch used all here evil and spite to finish off Charly, 'cause this was totally evil
- the Firetruck-Scene, 'cause imagine shit would have had hit the fan ...
- when Pegs shot Latch, 'cause it was very down to the core and intense and the fright of Pegs being on her own for the very first time was like WOW!
- the golf-park scene when the unknown red-haired girl was killed, 'cause to me it was so surrealistic what was going on
- the collapse of The Tower, 'just because
- Scratch and Lizzy talking about Scratch's backstory, 'cause you had the first opportunity to really understand parts of Scratch and it adds something to socializing with the enemy while my mind wouldn't accept any sympathy for this nightmare of a woman
- the Burt-torturing by Scratch, 'cause this was really, really evil, and a pain only from listening to it (awesome acting on all sides in this scene)
- the Scratch-CJ-duell, just because
- the first Marcus-Michael dialogue gave me a lot of creeps, 'cause it was kind of a weird utopian dystopian ideology in the mind of Marcus

Just to name a few ...

Yeah, what LiamKerrington said.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM
When Scratch cut CJ, I can still hear the screams.

I felt tortured until the next episode after hearing that. Her, Burt's and the Behemoth's screams are the most horrific and genuine in the series.

How about when Hope drops the medical tray after learning that her mother was dead?

The soldiers raising their guns at Peg's after she was scratched/bitten by Mr. Whiskers.

When Michael says that he left Lewis locked in the room in the tower when it fell.

Robzombie
Apr 30th, 2013, 12:57 PM
The worst one for me is when numbnuts doing guard duty gets smacked around, cutup then shot by Scratch and Latch. I felt the worst for him the whole show until it came time to hear Burt agonize over Shirley and his finger. Those two had the most impact to me.

Duffusmonkey
Apr 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Oooh all of those made my heart jump a little thinking about them. I especially felt bad when numbnuts got set up to take the fall for Scratch and Latch.

Hiding in the pile of dead bodies wasn't too horrible.... until they started talking about stuff dripping into their eyes and mouth's..... I hope Tonya finds a cure for Hepatitis for Riley and Michael because they have got to be infected , arhgghh gaggg shiver.

Darkgodess10
Apr 30th, 2013, 05:22 PM
The spent strip one freaks me out. the episode when CJ tells the story of her tower falling. When she describes that she waits at the end of the hallway waiting to die, she hears the voice. His voice sends a chill down my spine when he says, "leave her."

CitizenSoldier
Jun 12th, 2013, 07:30 PM
When burt is being tortured is in my opinion one of the saddest and most haunting moments

CitizenSoldier
Jun 12th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Theory: The man in the pin stripe suit is wearing body armor. He is smart enough and he was shot in the chest at least once with a gun and once with a bow.

He did not get shot with the bow he caught the arrow if i remember right

HardKor
Jun 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM

That's the only time I can remember actually yelling out while listening.

Alizée
Jun 12th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Mine was in Chapter 35 (The End is Near, Part 3) when Fort Irwin gets overrun. It was the sound of Michael's voice at 19:17 when he says, "Oh my God. Oh no...ohhh...". I could feel his fear.
/shivers

Red Shirt
Aug 10th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I have to agree with the scenes mentioned here, particularly Burt's torture and the dying Behemoth... but the one that really stuck with me is pretty much the whole of the first chapter.

I believe I mentioned it in my introduce yourself post... being a currently serving reservist, I was visualizing my motor pool... my arms room. I found myself thinking about the distances between the two, trying to remember which of the Humvees were the reliable ones... thinking about raiding the other unit's arms room cages. Trying to decide if it was worth the risk to run over to the dry storage building.

I was so struck by the opening, that when my imagination ran away with itself, I had a small outline in my head for a WA fan fiction from the perspective of what happened in Atlanta... then I remembered a zombie story centered around Atlanta was already being told. :o

Malador
Aug 11th, 2013, 12:13 AM
For me the arena scene, where you can hear Samantha, but datu stopped giving details of exactly what was going on. It left your imagination to paint in exactly what was taking place.

Nathan.Luiz
Aug 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Samantha's screams of "Don't look" to Datu when she's being taken have always stayed with me. That was just a heavy episode though.

Sammy D
Aug 25th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Personally, the torture of Burt by Scratch is extremely tough to listen to, though weirdly when "Shirley" was destroyed was almost worse for me.

quixoticTrend
Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
Read through the other responses and agree those moments stay with you. I have to say though, yesterday's episode was particularly brutal. CJ loosing her leg and then Pegs and Michael's not so swell talk back to back felt like a big punch in the gut.

boogieBAP
Jan 6th, 2014, 12:23 PM
When Datu witnessed Samantha's murder right in front of him. I really thought she'd make it.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 25th, 2014, 05:45 PM
When Datu witnessed Samantha's murder right in front of him. I really thought she'd make it.

I agree it's a haunting thought.i think of my wife I know lame and sappy but that love for her and to have to watch that.i would have gone nuts

REZombie
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:17 PM
I'm gonna say the arena scene....or the Burt torture scene..

Z Sniper
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:38 PM
CJ's boobies....

7oddisdead
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:27 PM
arrowheads death. shit still bothers me...

scbubba
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:48 AM
arrowheads death. shit still bothers me...

Yeah. It kinda did when I first heard it. And like you said over in the 42-2 thread, now that he has a name, a human identity, it even more disturbing....

And the end of 42-1 when Puck says everyone else is dead.....

Spime
Apr 11th, 2014, 09:44 AM
For me the arena scene, where you can hear Samantha, but datu stopped giving details of exactly what was going on. It left your imagination to paint in exactly what was taking place.

I was about to say the same. There were a lot of cringe worthy scenes that made a great impact. But the Datu and Samantha's Arena scenes were intense!!!!

Ondrou
Jun 3rd, 2014, 09:53 AM
CJ's duel with Scratch hurt, partially because I thought CJ would win. Anyone can die, but subconsciously, you feel like the good side will come out on top. I thought the raid on the colony would be the end of Scratch so as to focus more on Ink, but I was wrong and CJ lost her leg. It took me by surprise and I was not ready for it. Also anytime someone volunteers to be a sacrifice and Burt says "No..."

Snake Liquid
Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:59 AM
- the ending of season 2 is haunting. The tower we'd spent two seasons at collapsing, Angel and Burt seemingly dying, Saul and Vic seperated and Michael and the remainders retreating in the Pelican after losing so much was rough.

- Angels actual death scene being executed by Scratch and then later hearing Riley's reaction to it

- Season 3 finale. Thinking about the thousands and thousands of people that died not only in Boulder, but also the ones that survived and made it to Irwin only to then be killed by the horde or incinerated in the nuclear blast. It makes me wonder even if our heroes succeed in defeating Ink and the threat finally ends, what will be left of the human race?

- the simultaneous deaths of Lizzy and Datu was rough. Saul weeping and pleading for someone to help him save Lizzy was devastating. It really made me feel for the guy because I can't even imagine if that was my fiancée..

beezball
Jul 16th, 2014, 07:57 AM
That scene where Scratch literally said my name, followed by, ya better get runnin'.

qreepii
Jul 21st, 2014, 09:33 PM
For me there are two scenes that were the most haunting,

Robbins trying to save 'Greg' Muldoon (mainly because I'm a vet and my name is Greg and that was really tough to hear)

and

Scratch torturing Burt (because he's one tough son of a bitch, and you want to cry but you know he'd be pissed if you did.)