PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Infinite...

Kc
Apr 27th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Bioshock Infinite...
is one of the greatest games of all time. Just finished it. Amazing. Nice to see other people put as much time and heart into a story.

Hellbringer
Apr 28th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I heard that if you don't find most or all the logs, the cutscenes can get a little "what's going here?" vibe.

I still have a huge backlog to go through, to include the first two Bioshocks, but this game is definitely on my list to play.

awkwardalex
May 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
It's one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

fraggot
May 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I also agree, it's an amazing game. Not simply for the storytelling but the overall gameplay is also quite fun and difficult at times.

DaTank
May 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Dead Island...was that a good game?

Hellbringer
May 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I absolutely loved playing the first Dead Island. No one on my friends list apparently has played the second one, though. And I haven't read good reviews for it, either. However, I'm willing to give it a spin AFTER I play the Bioshock series.

Dead Island...was that a good game?

DaTank
May 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I absolutely loved playing the first Dead Island. No one on my friends list apparently has played the second one, though. And I haven't read good reviews for it, either. However, I'm willing to give it a spin AFTER I play the Bioshock series.
I love the scenario on being stuck on an island and you have to use melee weapons instead of guns. I have the second one and I haven't started playing it yet

smalls kenobi
Aug 12th, 2013, 01:34 AM
constants and variables.

Grognaurd
Sep 12th, 2013, 04:16 AM
I enjoyed DI. Tried the sequel and so far have found it very two dimensional. I like to play with a lot of height advantage to stay out of range. The game reminds me more of a tunnel maze than an open world game and the respswn rate is nuts. I guess I am getting old and grumpy, but I am tired of killing zombies, walking around the outside of the house and finding the same zombies back at the front door.

Shaggers
Oct 6th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I enjoyed DI. Tried the sequel and so far have found it very two dimensional. I like to play with a lot of height advantage to stay out of range. The game reminds me more of a tunnel maze than an open world game and the respswn rate is nuts. I guess I am getting old and grumpy, but I am tired of killing zombies, walking around the outside of the house and finding the same zombies back at the front door.

THIS!

OMG I have literally had several infected spawn right outside the door, like right in front of me. I have to say they definitely upped the respawn rate between DI and DI:R. I also think that the number of infected has like tripled and they're harder to kill. I remember in Dead Island I almost never had a problem with infected, I got to where I could lop their heads off right before they got to me. But in Riptide I have been killed an ungodly amount of times trying to do that. They are the hardest zombie for me to kill now. And there have been a few places where they seem to spawn infinitely. REALLY pisses me off 'cause they just keep interrupting me trying to kill a thug and then I die with three sharp weapons embedded in the thug's chest. Although I do like the fact that you respawn like 30 ft max from where you die. I don't remember if this is how it was in the first one (mostly because I hardly died in the first one) but that's really nice because I haven't lost any of my weapons that way yet. But it scares the shit out of me every time.