PDA

View Full Version : REPTRIVIA Challenges -

Kc
Apr 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM
This thread is being created to challenge the questions and responses from Reptrivia Challenges. There's been a few that people have questioned the legitimacy of a quiz.

SO, if you have a problem with a question or quiz you can challenge it and discus it here.
IF YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN THE QUIZ. please do not look at potential answers as that will defeat the purpose.

Rules

You cannot challenge a quiz after it's closed.

You must post the Quiz name and question, OR summary of question that you believe is incorrect.
IF it's deemed that the quiz question is in fact invalid, the person who gave the quiz will get a 5 point rep loss and the person challenging will receive 5.
Who is right will be determined by an Admin or Moderator, or myself. It's easy to post a quote and timecode from the show, so I'm sure it'll be easy to determine whether a challenge is correct.
IF the question is deemed "too vague" by an admin, then the quiz can be thrown at with no rep loss.

If challenge is deemed INCORRECT, and the quiz was in fact correct, the challenger will lose 5 rep points.

Kc
Apr 18th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I challenge this quiz:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/vbquiz.php?do=quiz&id=91

Bubba's Weekly for April 15 - 21 (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/vbquiz.php?do=quiz&id=91)
scbubba

"1. Who was the first of the regular We're Alive cast to be in the Tower after Z-Day occurs?"
Technically after Zday would be none of those listed. It'd be Lizzy. It's not "after" z-day.

The other questions I got 2 wrong because I wasn't paying attention.

This challenge is NOT to repeal the quiz, only to open the door to future processes. No further action required.

Litmaster
Apr 18th, 2013, 05:04 PM
burt:) "Kc, I'd call you a Whaaa-mbulance, but..."

scbubba
Apr 18th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I challenge this quiz:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/vbquiz.php?do=quiz&id=91

Bubba's Weekly for April 15 - 21 (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/vbquiz.php?do=quiz&id=91)
scbubba

"1. Who was the first of the regular We're Alive cast to be in the Tower after Z-Day occurs?"
Technically after Zday would be none of those listed. It'd be Lizzy. It's not "after" z-day.

The other questions I got 2 wrong because I wasn't paying attention.

This challenge is NOT to repeal the quiz, only to open the door to future processes. No further action required.

I guess that falls under the vagueness piece because I said "after Z-day occurs". I intended it to mean the incident of Zehs first turning in the show and not after the completed day that the Zehs first turned in the show.

To make up for the poor choice of language, I'll REP anyone that scored 60%, missed that question, and feels it was too vague. Just let me know.

Sorry for the confusion.

And thanks Kc for putting this process in place.

Litmaster
Apr 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I guess that falls under the vagueness piece because I said "after Z-day occurs". I intended it to mean the incident of Zehs first turning in the show and not after the completed day that the Zehs first turned in the show.

To make up for the poor choice of language, I'll REP anyone that scored 60%, missed that question, and feels it was too vague. Just let me know.

Sorry for the confusion.

And thanks Kc for putting this process in place.

Hmmmmm... seems to me you're being a bit too diplomatic about this, Bubba. The bottom line is that Kc got it wrong, and now he's being a bit of a...
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/grivet/grivet1007/grivet100700006/7283526-adorable-yawning-kitten-and-looking-foward.jpg

scbubba
Apr 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Hmmmmm... seems to me you're being a bit too diplomatic about this, Bubba. The bottom line is that Kc got it wrong, and now he's being a bit of a...
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/grivet/grivet1007/grivet100700006/7283526-adorable-yawning-kitten-and-looking-foward.jpg

Heh...

The thing is, Kc actually got that question right. But he does have a point about it being potentially misleading and/or vague.

And it works well as an example of a quiz/question challenge.

OldtypeM87
Apr 19th, 2013, 01:48 AM

I was almost expecting grumpy kitty.

I think it's good that we can challenge quizzes, not that I've needed to up to this point. It's a good way to keep us on our toes. Though I'm sure Lit's quizzes will still be super tricky regardless (your quizzes keep me on my toes, especially when I tank on half of them).

Kc
Apr 19th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I was almost expecting grumpy kitty.

I think it's good that we can challenge quizzes, not that I've needed to up to this point. It's a good way to keep us on our toes. Though I'm sure Lit's quizzes will still be super tricky regardless (your quizzes keep me on my toes, especially when I tank on half of them).

We kinda did need a challenge system in place. This wasn't the first one I was like, wait...

Litmaster
Apr 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
We kinda did need a challenge system in place. This wasn't the first one I was like, wait...

That's because I just make up half my questions just to throw y'all off... :D

Litmaster
Apr 19th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Kidding.... I'm kidding....

Duffusmonkey
Apr 19th, 2013, 01:53 PM
that's because i just make up half my questions just to throw y'all off... :d

i knew it!

nikvoodoo
May 14th, 2013, 09:48 AM
While this is a spoiler permitted area in the forum, I'm putting this under tags to save the integrity of this week's quiz

In terms of this week's weekly quiz....Can we absolutely say for certain it's Locked And Loaded and not Locked 'n' Loaded? It's been pronounced both ways in the show.

If you listen to the first introduction of the location, Saul even says "Locked n Loaded" which is a common actor trait. No one enunciates words perfectly because it strips away realism to the speech. Scratch says the full name when we first meet her and Latch.

Kc
May 14th, 2013, 10:09 AM
While this is a spoiler permitted area in the forum, I'm putting this under tags to save the integrity of this week's quiz

In terms of this week's weekly quiz....Can we absolutely say for certain it's Locked And Loaded and not Locked 'n' Loaded? It's been pronounced both ways in the show.

If you listen to the first introduction of the location, Saul even says "Locked n Loaded" which is a common actor trait. No one enunciates words perfectly because it strips away realism to the speech. Scratch says the full name when we first meet her and Latch.

Yeah, it's pronounced both ways on the show. Locked and Loaded and Locked N Loaded I consider the same.

scbubba
May 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM

To help clarify (as the quiz author)
One of the choices is "Loaded 'n Locked" and the other choice is "Locked and Loaded".

Check the order of the words and not the use of 'n vs and

Hope that helps.

This probably underscores the desire to have a user be able, at some point, to view his/her answers related to the correct answers.

Thanks,
Bubba

nikvoodoo
May 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
To help clarify (as the quiz author)
One of the choices is "Loaded 'n Locked" and the other choice is "Locked and Loaded".

Check the order of the words and not the use of 'n vs and

Hope that helps.

This probably underscores the desire to have a user be able, at some point, to view his/her answers related to the correct answers.

Thanks,
Bubba

Oh don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you did (and in full disclosure I went too quickly and burned myself), but I can give you a time stamp and chapter of it being said exactly as others including myself answered it. (New Arrivals 3-2 2:44-2:50).

Please also be aware this is purely a battle of semantics. I'm very aware of this. If we decide to defeat my challenge it is what it is :)

scbubba
May 14th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you did (and in full disclosure I went too quickly and burned myself), but I can give you a time stamp and chapter of it being said exactly as others including myself answered it. (New Arrivals 3-2 2:44-2:50).

Please also be aware this is purely a battle of semantics. I'm very aware of this. If we decide to defeat my challenge it is what it is :)

Oh, ok. I must be missing something. Just listened to the section you referenced and Saul says "Locked and Loaded" or "Locked 'n Loaded" but he definitely does not, as far as I can tell say either "Loaded and Locked" or "Loaded 'n Locked".

So I'm not sure what the challenge is about, I guess. I'm not trying to be obtuse. I honestly don't understand.

nikvoodoo
May 14th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Want to know the extent to how badly my mind corrected this? Every time you posted the dummy answer, my head is still correcting it to locked n loaded. Ah the power the brain has to see what it wants.

Robzombie
May 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
WOOP WOOP WOOP
I'm the first to reach having taken 100 quizzes! In celebration of ths obviously momentous and important occasion I grant myself Double Sepreme Quizmaster and Overlord Of All Lesser Beings for the whole of 5 minutes. You may begin to tremble.

Unit
Jan 3rd, 2014, 11:17 PM
I challenge question 3 of the quiz 'The Takeover'. The question asks how many civilians survived the attack on Boulder. While I got the question right, the actual number isn't known. The initial count is 1,200 but in ch34 pt3 @9:20 Puck tells us there are more now because others found the main group and joined in.

Might be nitpicking but maybe just needs a rewording of the question.