PDA

View Full Version : Another suggestion or idea about the REPTrivia

LiamKerrington
Apr 15th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hi there,

guess what: the there is something that bothers me about the REPTrivia.

I always wondered: Is there any way to actually check my result with the "right option" on any quiz. And I haven't figured out how to check things. That is why I would like to raise a discussion about this option: Anytime a quiz-master creates a REPTrivia-quiz he posts the question(s) and the right answer(s) somewhere here on the forum in order for quiz-competitors to check their results. I happened to have a few quizzes during the last weeks that left me with either of two question: a) "Interesting, no clue, but now I am curious", or b) "I really thought I was right, now, why am I wrong???"

So having an opportunity to learn from my mistakes a day (or a week) AFTER the quiz would be just a nice blast.

This could be extended by mentioning the result of the quiz - like: How many passed it, and how many failed at it - or with the 75%+/-x results how many passed the limit/ threshold or whatnot ...

I know. This would put another burden on the quiz-master. But look at it this way as well: future quizzes could be double-checked if the "same"/ "similar" question was already raised in the past ...

Thoughts? Opinions???

All the best!
Liam

scbubba
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hi there,

guess what: the there is something that bothers me about the REPTrivia.

I always wondered: Is there any way to actually check my result with the "right option" on any quiz. And I haven't figured out how to check things. That is why I would like to raise a discussion about this option: Anytime a quiz-master creates a REPTrivia-quiz he posts the question(s) and the right answer(s) somewhere here on the forum in order for quiz-competitors to check their results. I happened to have a few quizzes during the last weeks that left me with either of two question: a) "Interesting, no clue, but now I am curious", or b) "I really thought I was right, now, why am I wrong???"

So having an opportunity to learn from my mistakes a day (or a week) AFTER the quiz would be just a nice blast.

This could be extended by mentioning the result of the quiz - like: How many passed it, and how many failed at it - or with the 75%+/-x results how many passed the limit/ threshold or whatnot ...

I know. This would put another burden on the quiz-master. But look at it this way as well: future quizzes could be double-checked if the "same"/ "similar" question was already raised in the past ...

Thoughts? Opinions???

All the best!
Liam

Good point. I wonder about the ability for a user to see his own answer to the quiz compared to the correct answer. As a quiz master, I know i can view the results and answers of any quiz taker for any quiz. But I don't know if the "normal" user can do that.

Liam, do me a favor and go to the REPtrivia section and click on the "My Quizzes" piece at the top and choose "Quizzes I've Taken". You should see a list of all the quizzes you've taken so far. For each quiz, there is a "Completed Date" entry that will have the date you took that quia (or Today or Yesterday instead of the date, depending). Click the date and it should show you your score for that quiz. Right under your "X points answered correctly out of Y" their may be a link that says "View Answers".

Do you see the "View Answers" link? And if so, do you see the list of your answers shown with the correct answers?

This is available, at least to Quizmasters, for all quizzes other than short answer/essay type.

LiamKerrington
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Hi there,

Good point. I wonder about the ability for a user to see his own answer to the quiz compared to the correct answer. As a quiz master, I know i can view the results and answers of any quiz taker for any quiz. But I don't know if the "normal" user can do that.

Liam, do me a favor and go to the REPtrivia section and click on the "My Quizzes" piece at the top and choose "Quizzes I've Taken". You should see a list of all the quizzes you've taken so far. For each quiz, there is a "Completed Date" entry that will have the date you took that quia (or Today or Yesterday instead of the date, depending). Click the date and it should show you your score for that quiz. Right under your "X points answered correctly out of Y" their may be a link that says "View Answers".

Do you see the "View Answers" link? And if so, do you see the list of your answers shown with the correct answers?

This is available, at least to Quizmasters, for all quizzes other than short answer/essay type.

thank you sooooo much. I remember having watched at those screens way back in the past, but I had no idea.

I did as you asked me to do, and I can tell you: There is no link available (for me) saying: "View Answers". I tried it with several quizzes I took in the past ... and nothing. Therefore I cannot compare my answers with the right answers ...

All the best!
Liam

scbubba
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Hi there,

thank you sooooo much. I remember having watched at those screens way back in the past, but I had no idea.

I did as you asked me to do, and I can tell you: There is no link available (for me) saying: "View Answers". I tried it with several quizzes I took in the past ... and nothing. Therefore I cannot compare my answers with the right answers ...

All the best!
Liam

Hmmm. I thought all Quizmasters had that capability. I'll look further into how we might make this happen.

LiamKerrington
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hmmm. I thought all Quizmasters had that capability. I'll look further into how we might make this happen.

Imho this should be available to everyone, not just the quizmasters ... But I think this will be very challenging to establish in the code, since the zombiepodcast-community-cms is veeeeeeeeeeeery complex ... Maybe you/ we should wait for others to discuss my question, before you (or anyone else) starts changing or testing things ... :yay:

All the best!
Liam

scbubba
Apr 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Imho this should be available to everyone, not just the quizmasters ... But I think this will be very challenging to establish in the code, since the zombiepodcast-community-cms is veeeeeeeeeeeery complex ... Maybe you/ we should wait for others to discuss my question, before you (or anyone else) starts changing or testing things ... :yay:

All the best!
Liam

Oh, don't think I'll be trying to dig around in it. I do enough of that at work. I'm holding out for Monsieur Turbo to fix everything.

Hmmm, just had a thought... Turbo, the Datu of the forums!

What do you think?

Robzombie
Apr 15th, 2013, 09:36 PM
when creating a quiz there is a switch for turning on 'show answers', which when someone taking the quiz marks it as completed and see their mark they can select 'view answer' and see what are the answers. But this only shows if the quizmaster remembers to say yes to showing the answers, which for myself i try to do. I know on other quizes i'v thought that i was right and deffinately wanted to see what the correct answer was but couldn't. In addition, im able to see all the entries, marks, etc, on any quiz but dont know if non quizmasters can or not, but absolutely it would be nice for anyone to be able to check that.