PDA

View Full Version : who is Randy?

TheWombat
Apr 10th, 2013, 04:59 PM
After Michael woke up from Tanya fixing his arm, Hope told him that he was talking about "Randy", And then when they were prepping for the helos to arrive at the tower Tanya was being dragged away by the zombie and Michael gives a detailed description of it and says that it is Randy...
Am I missing something? Could it have something to do with whatever happened at the water pumping station that Michael has yet to explain?

TheWombat
Apr 10th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Chapter 19 part 1 3:36-3:58 (Hope asking Michael about Randy...)
Chapter 23 part 1 9:21-12:17 (Michael calling Zombie Randy...)

TheWombat
Apr 10th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Nevermind.... I just saw the "Randy" hyperlink..... I never found it before now.

LiamKerrington
Apr 13th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Well, it's cool.

Randy is one of the big mysteries on this show. Who (or what) is he? And what role has he played so far and what "difference" will he make in the future? Since there is some connection between Randy and Michael (and Hope and Tanya), I expect something to happen as amazing as the Kalani-story ... Time will tell.

All the best!
Liam

Monster mani
Jul 17th, 2013, 04:49 AM
One thing I noticed. When M A D R are trying to escape the waterworks. Whilst running from the behemoth there's a new moaning/screaming sound. But it sounds more human than zombie. Could it be Randy? And did Michael find him whilst he was human? And maybe sacrafice him to escape?

LiamKerrington
Jul 17th, 2013, 06:21 AM
One thing I noticed. When M A D R are trying to escape the waterworks. Whilst running from the behemoth there's a new moaning/screaming sound. But it sounds more human than zombie. Could it be Randy? And did Michael find him whilst he was human? And maybe sacrafice him to escape?

Very good questions. I thought this new moaning came from the behemoth; but this could have been something else. Unless Michael provides some more information about what happened at the pumping station, we won't know and may only guess and elaborate different theories ...

Osiris
Jul 17th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Honestly, Randy is a character that I never think about.

Monster mani
Jul 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
And yet he plagues my Were Alive thoughts! :-P the moan continues and get more and more human.

Monster mani
Jul 26th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Here's another thought. Back in season one Michael is asked if he has any family. He says yeah sort of. But then we find his mum and dad died when he was overseas. Could Randy be a relative?

LiamKerrington
Jul 26th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Here's another thought. Back in season one Michael is asked if he has any family. He says yeah sort of. But then we find his mum and dad died when he was overseas. Could Randy be a relative?

Could be.

Bullethead
Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
In this latest episode it Michael says "the hair and beard were a dead give away" ... anyone else surprised he hasn't lossed all his hair yet, hasn't it been a year or so since the outbreak?

pmchawk
Oct 23rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
In this latest episode it Michael says "the hair and beard were a dead give away" ... anyone else surprised he hasn't lossed all his hair yet, hasn't it been a year or so since the outbreak?

Perhaps he uses Rogain from Raydon Labs

Witch_Doctor
Oct 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM

Actually, I would expect ALL male zombies to have beards now, unless the infection affects hair growth. Maybe Randy's beard is longer or colored in a way that it would still be recognizable after a year of growth and distinguishable from other long bearded zombies.

7oddisdead
Oct 23rd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Actually, I would expect ALL male zombies to have beards now, unless the infection affects hair growth. Maybe Randy's beard is longer or colored in a way that it would still be recognizable after a year of growth and distinguishable from other long bearded zombies.

beards are like snowflakes and butterflys..each is unique.

really...look closely from now on. You'll notice.

Hanniekuma
Oct 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
I jot little thoughts down so I don't forget them. Haven't been online in a while and am glad someone started a Who is Randy post so that I could add this.

I wrote on a yellow post it note :

"Randy is Randy Newman and he's got a bag of I LOVE LA tshirts."

corny, I know.

Grognaurd
Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Randy's Donuts in Ingelwood. Not the first to find this, but it worth the laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy's_Donuts

Monster mani
Oct 24th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Now a new question arises into my cemented brain. Not who Randy is. But why does Michael want him dead so baldly? Hmmmmm *Que dramatic music*

Storm
Oct 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Now a new question arises into my cemented brain. Not who Randy is. But why does Michael want him dead so baldly? Hmmmmm *Que dramatic music*

...Or does he? :P
Well, sounds like it, but he's never actually said that he wanted him dead. Though firing bullets after people usually means that you'd like to see them bite the dust. :)

Monster mani
Oct 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Or maybe shooting at things is Michaels way of showing affection? Ohhh Pegs!!!

Robzombie
Oct 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM

"Dead so badly"?? Who says he wants him dead so badly, or at least how do you get that impression? Michael knows that there is no turning back once zombified and he was shooting to stop him from taking Tonya. It was his own words that it was by luck that he hit him in the arm which then released her. Other then that I don't think there is any reason to think he wants him dead so badly, or did I simply miss something you caught?

Monster mani
Oct 24th, 2013, 02:30 PM
"Dead so badly"?? Who says he wants him dead so badly, or at least how do you get that impression? Michael knows that there is no turning back once zombified and he was shooting to stop him from taking Tonya. It was his own words that it was by luck that he hit him in the arm which then released her. Other then that I don't think there is any reason to think he wants him dead so badly, or did I simply miss something you caught?
Ide say chasing him down an alley way without taking a second thought for Puck and leaving him behind. And even after the alley he still insists on following him on foot. That's where my thoughts from.

tonyhind86
Nov 23rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Whenever I picture Randy in Chapter 39, this picture instantly springs to mind:

TacticalJHP
Dec 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I found after listening to this show, and reading this forum, i cannot hear the name randy in any other form without automatically thinking about the "Zombie Randy Mystery."

Case and point...I wondered why he didn't have a beard...

Is it Monday yet? O_o

Witch_Doctor
Dec 14th, 2013, 10:49 PM
When ever I see the title of this thread, I think...

tonyhind86
Dec 15th, 2013, 06:21 AM

team randy!

ShaunCurry
Dec 23rd, 2013, 02:50 AM
i do not know who is this randy as i have not catch anything in this regard but going to to collect the facts behind the facts .. can say anything then

Zeroed4Zombies
Dec 25th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I think Randy was his lover. May be a stretch, and I've not read or listened to anything to be aware of KC's stance on sexuality...I could be way off.
That said, Randy is significant to Michael in some way.

Zeroed4Zombies
Jan 14th, 2014, 08:34 PM
And now we know...Randy was a reservist with Engineering, and saved Michael's life in the waterworks building.
As for Randy's connection to Ink...still to be discovered/revealed. It is possible that Ink/Robers & Randy has some interaction in the civilian world prior to the zombie manifestations.

Sin Angel
Jan 16th, 2014, 08:21 PM
It was interesting finding out the story behind Randy. He showed up when the Colony was first being surrounded my the dead after kicking out the Convicts. I remember Saul seeing him, and saying something along the lines of him seeming familiar to him.

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I wonder if we should close this thread...

Gooer
Jan 29th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Probably, since the secret is out.

scbubba
Jan 29th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I wonder if we should close this thread...

Maybe not since most of us (those of us that are not Kc, that is) don't know his role in the show yet.

So, instead of "Who is Randy?" being the question about his backstory (and part of Michael's) maybe it becomes "Who is Randy now?" and it's about his part in the whole Team Human vs Team Ink vs Team ??? story.....

Or just close it. Whatevs....

Gooer
Feb 7th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Personally, i think that Randy is one of Ink's "generals", in line with the ranks of the Little ones; maybe even higher than them, since he was with the ambush at the Water Pump.