PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania - What?

Hellbringer
Apr 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
So I thought I would surprise my kids and order it. They aren't big wrestling fans, but they love the Rock. And since I just got back from a month long trip, I figured, "hey, we can sit down as a family as watch it. It's gotta be like 20 bucks, 30 tops."

Uhhhh, wrong.

It's 60 dollars. In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin's fans? "What?!?!?"

So, it got me thinking, how many people do get PPV events to watch? And I'm not talking about wrestling. There's MMA, Sports passes, annual events. Who pays to watch things like these?

Litmaster
Apr 7th, 2013, 02:59 PM
60 bucks?!?? No fucking way.

scbubba
Apr 8th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Man, I don't even order on-demand movies and those are only $2-3... But I'm a cheapskate for sure.

I don't think I've done PPV since before Mike Tyson started chewing ears...

nikvoodoo
Apr 8th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Wrestlemania has always been expensive. When I first started watching it was 39 bucks or so. This was in the early 90s.

As for the amount of people who watch, last year 1 million PPV buys, this year should be close or just under that. WWE relies on the one time customer every year to buy the show. Like me. I don't buy anything else but mania.

Hellbringer
Apr 8th, 2013, 06:32 AM
I'm hoping that they only charged 60 bucks because it's Wrestlemania, the most famous of all their PPV. If they charge 60 for all the others, that doesn't make it special in my mind. (I'm thinking...

nikvoodoo
Apr 8th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Typical non-wrestlemania PPV for the 'E are around 40-50 bucks a pop for the HD feed. Wrestlemania is always more expensive.

Rock is under contract for 3 more years so he should be back for Wrestlemania next year, but I'm pretty sure he was heading off to shoot another movie within the next month or so. Jericho is off, HHH is off, Undertaker is always off, Brock Lesnar's contract is up....back to the regular dregs of the roster now.