PDA

View Full Version : Example of cd disk set/ digital version

Bakkie-Pleur
Mar 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
For some time i thought about buying the cd or digital version, But never finished the purchase because i was not sure how much it would add compared to the podcast version. I know it has better quality, but why not adding a example of both versions so you can compare them.

Also a list of other benefits on the store page would add to the amount of conversions i think..

Kc
Mar 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
For some time i thought about buying the cd or digital version, But never finished the purchase because i was not sure how much it would add compared to the podcast version. I know it has better quality, but why not adding a example of both versions so you can compare them.

Also a list of other benefits on the store page would add to the amount of conversions i think..

To be honest it would be difficult for most people who aren't super-familiar to tell the difference. The CD/remastered versions don't have any commercial breaks or credits on every chapter, which is the biggest thing. We also went through and meticulously leveled out a few of the peaks, added some additional sound effects in areas, and swapped a few music cues. Season 1 is the most noticeable. The levels are a bit all over the place in the podcast version, and it's much more leveled out on the disks. On rare occasion we have swapped out a few lines as well. There was one about Lizzy's Blue eyes, when in fact they were supposed to be green, and then in season 3 we added one or two additional lines about an event to clarify something that was a bit confusing. Just a few of the differences.

Bakkie-Pleur
Mar 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
So what you are trying to say is you people have made the quality of the original podcast to good :p ? But in that case your right it probably would not add that much, but making your usp's standing out can never hurt ofcourse.

mmmm I just realized by reading your reply I want to buy Season 1... Good Job KC :D