PDA

View Full Version : The zombie OCCULT?

Gomi24society
Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Well this is my first post so please be gentle with my theory Mr. Voodoo!!lol
I had searched many words to see if this was already a topic of discussion, and find nothing on it. So if this is already a past discussion please let me know.

Well, to my theory...
I had a thought that maybe the zombies are caused by occult magic or some kinda of demonic rituals. That could be one way to explain that when they test the blood that nothing different shows up. Perhaps "ink" was some kind of occult leader that became possessed by a demon overlord of some sort after he was completing a big ritual. On one of the chapters cover art you see a hand with a bunch of weird shaped tattoos that are bizarre symbols. Maybe they are part of the rituals that Ink did?

Then to add to that I have theories to follow up to that with the other types of zombies.
1. Smart Zombies - Maybe the Demons that are smart go after people with higher knowledge so that the demons can use the full capacity of there brains. Saying that maybe smarter demons wouldn't be able to think as wisely if they took over some ones brains with less intelligence.

2. Behemoths - Like in the realm of humanity there are giant animals. Perhaps the Behemoths are also a sort of hulking pets to the demons that take over a persons body and then Expand the body of the person it possesses then giving it leather skin like in the case of a rhino, or a elephants. Perhaps the reason that most other zombies don't want to be around the Behemoths is caused like most animals not every one can keep them tame or calm, and maybe they are prone to lash out at things they are not familiar with.

3. Runners & Jumpers - These ones seemed pretty simple. If the person that a demon possessed had a high athletic ability if the demon didnt feel most pain. (Like in the chapter when a zombie took a arrow to the knee and didn't notice.) Then the demons would be able to push the already structured muscle memory to the next level, because running for miles at top speed would obviously cause extreme pain to normal people. With out that pain though the zombies wouldnt have no problem taking it to the limit.

4. Little ones (or as i call the L-1's) - In the scene in the Fort when it is mentioned that they are like soldiers, Michael says "what did you say?" That gave me a feeling that maybe they are like the soldier demons. I believe that Ink took the babies from the infant ward of the hospital and then called on demons to possess the babies. Then the demons then grows the body of the bodies untill the very intimidating size of 6' or more. If the demons were like a soldier class that would explain advanced agility, strength, and hostility. Then my thought on the reason that the people that are then attacked by the L-1's turn into more L-1's is a because if you are fighting a battle you wouldn't replace a army man with a radio jockey. So when the L-1's turn a person obviously another solider type demon would take over that body. where then the demon would rapidly but maybe not fully enforces the body that they overtake due to a lack of time needed to be at full strength. Like at the helicopter crash when the people attacked started showing signs of harder skin but not as hard as the others.

I would love to hear what people think of this. If you agree or don't agree. Just giving my thoughts. I have more thoughts but there is only so much I will type on my touchscreen phone. If any one wants to add more possibilities to these ideas I may add more later.

Osiris
Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
It's not nik you have to worry about . . . muahahahahahahaha

um . . .

You know it's crossed my mind as well. Perhaps there's a reason why Ink is the way he is. It almost makes more sense than a super-virus.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Ah, finally, I can post this link Baron Samedi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi). Nice thoughts, Gomi, but in my opinion, the resolution of the whole zombie thing will be a bit more mundane.

scbubba
Mar 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Good thoughts, Gomi. Thanks for posting them.

I ve thought a little bit about the occult origin idea but it never really stuck for me. Some other discussions have delved into the Christian symbology in the show so maybe there could be a Good v Evil supernatural battle at play.

I look forward to more like this....

Litmaster
Mar 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
I can't believe Witch Doctor hasn't chimed in on this thread...

Vlarken
Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:10 PM
Thoughts similar to these have crossed my mind before. I've begun to think of Ink as some sort of Hell General who has the power to create different types of devilish beings, and most of the time he lets his troops run amok, killing at random, until a large force of humans masses together, then he organizes his troops to take them out. The reason for this being that Ink, and his counterpart Generals all around the world are making the world clear of humans to set the stage for some sort of Heaven vs Hell war. So, to make it short, I agree with it being a case of possession/supernaturalness rather than a virus...

How this would relate to someone like Saul being immune to becoming a zombie, I'm not sure... Perhaps he's a person with a 'chosen soul' or something along those lines. That's probably a big stretch though.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
I can't believe Witch Doctor hasn't chimed in on this thread...

Just woke up. Gonna walk the dog then I'll present my paper.

scbubba
Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Just woke up. Gonna walk the dog then I'll present my paper.

Oh great. Now I gotta stay up and wait for some midnite voodoo from the Doctor..... :yay:

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Ah, finally, I can post this link Baron Samedi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi). Nice thoughts, Gomi, but in my opinion, the resolution of the whole zombie thing will be a bit more mundane.

Great link about Baron Samedi. I don't think that the outbreak has a supernatural cause because KC pretty much ruled out that in interviews and posts to the forums. Also, throughout the story a number of characters have dispelled any supernatural elements e.g. that zombies finding people via a sixth sense or that the zombies are reanimated corpses. So, it would consistent if there is a natural reason behind everything.

BUT, this does not rule out the involvement of the occult. It can have a natural cause but the cause could have been put into effect by someone acting on mystical belief. (An over simplified example would be a terrorist committing mass murder with the belief in a martyr's reward in the afterlife.) Take for example the voodoo tattoos on TOWTM's hand and face. 1680 2442
The markings are called veves. Here is a little about them discussed elsewhere on the forum Veves (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3310-quot-Ink-quot-the-origin-and-meaning-of-his-tattoos&p=42498&viewfull=1#post42498).

As far as TOWTM being some sort of overmind, check out this:

Question: What does Mr. Pinstripe Suit have to do with the special ones? Franken-zombies don't seem to appeal to anyone. Seems like most people are hoping that the story doesn't go into that direction.
Answers(?):
Who knows? But we CAN speculate with what we DO know.
1) Ink is described as a paranoid schizophrenic in Chapter 2.
2) An Inked up Zombie has voodoo tattoos on his hand.
3) Most think that they're probably the same.
Check out these posts:

....In the beginning of the show, the news reporter said that Ink was a paranoid schizophrenic. I think that his schizophrenia was actually visions from a force that wanted him to lead a legion to eradicate all people. After the whole outbreak started, Ink's visions told him to go to the cracks that appeared in the earth, and let himself be infected with the disease directly. So, since he was the one meant to lead, his infection endowed him with the power to do so....

Ink, Bill, It's Paul, what ever has been under the control of some force or entity or crazy-asses bath salts. This influence or possession (Hey, a Voodoo reference) is diagnosed as Paranoid Schizophrenia. He kills people and gets arrested. Sent to Eastern Bay for a year until being moved to Cain. News report says, in a partial clip, "The family was said to have been devastated." Back to the Voodoo references, certain entities relating to the symbols (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3310-quot-Ink-quot-the-origin-and-meaning-of-his-tattoos&p=42498&viewfull=1#post42498) on his hand exist in families. Scratch, Angel and possibly Durai are part of some sort of families. Now, the symbolic connections may only be just that, symbolic. I'm not saying that Scratch and Angel are some sort of Voodoo deities.

Also, just where does this enigmatic Family fit in? Rings (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3446-Chapter-s-31-Artwork-The-Ring&p=43757&viewfull=1#post43757)

But maybe Big Bad Voodoo Daddy has some insights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g6ICYbiLIsg

Gomi24society
Mar 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Well my thought was that maybe "Ink" was killing people as ritualistic sacrifices.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Well my thought was that maybe "Ink" was killing people as ritualistic sacrifices.

I suspect pretty much the same. Have you seen the winning entry of the Fan Journal Entry Contest? It is a fan's speculation, but it's creepy, erie and seems plausible in relation to the story.

Here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3637-COMPETITION-Create-your-own-journal-page!-(CONTAINS-SPOILERS)&p=48420&viewfull=1#post48420) is a link to it.

LiamKerrington
Mar 25th, 2013, 03:22 AM

That is not even unlikely. Just imagine what might have really happened in The Arena? The kidnapped victims just spoke of "they play with you"; but there is not a single eye-witness review about what exactly is happening. And althogh one might think: "Oh, sweet! The zombies play with their food!", it might as well be part of a ritual. So the occult, as Witch writes, does not necessarily exclude the 'realistic' background of the zombie-ism in WA ...

The idea with the supernatural or occult struck me some time ago as well. But then - before having listened to the Kc-interviews - I dismissed the idea again, because things would be too similar with the concepts of the "Doom"-pc-game.

All the best!
Liam

OldtypeM87
Mar 26th, 2013, 04:59 AM
The whole things kinda reminds me of the How Stuff Works podcast on their website. They had one a few weeks ago in relation to voodoo and zombieism in Haiti that I kinda found interesting. Of course, it went from that to the zombies we know and love that want our brains. Here's the link-

http://podcasts.howstuffworks.com/hsw/podcasts/sysk/2013-03-09-sysk-zombies.mp3