PDA

View Full Version : Quizmaster Notes

scbubba
Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:39 AM
Quizmasters,
you are doing a great job with the REPtrivia quizzes! I don't recall having an day in the past few weeks where there was not a Daily and a Weekly quiz open.

A couple of things to remember about the REPtrivia quizzes:

1) We aim to have 1 Daily quiz open each day. Daily quizzes will have start date of the day you want people to take the quiz. The end date will be the day after the start date. A Daily quiz is typically very short (1 or 2 questions) but the difficulty can be anywhere from Newbie easy to Long-Term Veteran difficult. Your choice.

2) We aim to have 1 Weekly quiz open each week. Weekly quizzes will have a start date on a Monday and the end date will be the following Monday. This end date means that users will have through the end of Sunday to take the quiz. It's an idiosyncrasy of the system. Weekly quizzes are usually more involved (4 - 10 questions) with a mix of easier and more difficult questions. However, the number and level of the questions is up to you.

3) Please categorize your quizzes appropriately. Daily quizzes get the "Reptrivia" category and Weekly quizzes get the "Weekly or More" category. This will make it much easier to see what dates/times are available for your quizzes. When you click on the "Reptrivia" box below the list of quizzes on the main REPtrivia quiz page, you will get a list of all the Daily quizzes that are current or upcoming. You can sort them however you like to see what days are available for new quizzes. At the top of that page you will see the "Weekly or More" link. Click that to get a list of current or upcoming Weekly quizzes.

4) Rewards for quizzes - This is optional but could make things a little more interesting. Several quizzes have had a REP bonus attached to them. That is, if a user scores over a certain percent on the quiz, the quiz author will give the user REP. It is up to the quiz author to decide what score earns REP and then it is a manual task for the quiz author to award the REP. This is done by tracking down a post from the user (go to the user's public profile) and and REP it. In the REP comment, it's good to mention that the REP is for the quiz.

5) Short Answer quizzes will work now. Thanks to Kc, we got a fix from the component developer that makes judging short answer quizzes work correctly. Remember, if you create a quiz of type Short Answer, it is your responsibility to judge all of the entries.

6) I did some testing on the Multiple Selection quiz type. It looks like the scoring on this type of quiz is not quite right. The user does not get penalized for selecting answers that are not correct, only for failing to select answers that are correct. What this means is that a user can select every answer to a multiple selection question and get 100% even if only 3 of the 5 answers were supposed to be correct. I'm going to do some more digging to see if I can find out a way around this.

scbubba
Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:41 AM
Another note, as of 3/22/2013 here are some open dates for Daily quizzes:

Monday, 3/25
Tuesday, 3/26
Friday, 3/29
Saturday, 3/30

The slot for the Weekly quiz for 3/25 - 4/1 is also currently open.

LiamKerrington
Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Hi there,

thank you for these notes. They are very interesting.

All the best!
Liam

OldtypeM87
Mar 22nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Is the weekly for next week still open? I kinda want to make a weekly or more quiz at some point. If not, I can just make a few daily ones.

scbubba
Mar 22nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Is the weekly for next week still open? I kinda want to make a weekly or more quiz at some point. If not, I can just make a few daily ones.

Yup! You got it....

Litmaster
Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Nice job, Bubba! Way to take responsibility for the REPtrivia!

scbubba
Mar 29th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Schedule Update

We have Daily quizzes through 3/31 right now. We don't have any for 4/1 - 4/8 yet.

We do have a Weekly quiz up for next week already.

Feel free to grab any of the Daily slots after 3/31.

Thanks,
Bubba

Litmaster
Mar 29th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I've got a notebook with a bunch of questions written down. I'm almost through my latest listen-through, then I plan on sifting through all the questions and organizing them into various themes and whatnot. So look for some good quizzes coming up soon. I won't claim more than 2 consecutive days to give other people a chance to get in there...

scbubba
Mar 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I've got a notebook with a bunch of questions written down. I'm almost through my latest listen-through, then I plan on sifting through all the questions and organizing them into various themes and whatnot. So look for some good quizzes coming up soon. I won't claim more than 2 consecutive days to give other people a chance to get in there...

Sounds awesome! Thanks for jumping in with your quizzes, Lit.

Litmaster
Mar 30th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Hi guys.

Ok, I've just created 7 new quizzes, including a weekly. I have more questions, but I'm kind of tired and need some help with filling in the blanks.
Currently, I left daily quizzes open for the following dates:
April 2nd
April 5th
April 8th
April 9th

Go ahead an grab any of them. I need a little break...

scbubba
Mar 31st, 2013, 05:17 AM
Hi guys.

Ok, I've just created 7 new quizzes, including a weekly. I have more questions, but I'm kind of tired and need some help with filling in the blanks.
Currently, I left daily quizzes open for the following dates:
April 2nd
April 5th
April 8th
April 9th

Go ahead an grab any of them. I need a little break...

Lit,
Thanks for jumping on this. We'll fill in around all the ones you made.

Robzombie
Mar 31st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Yeah, sorry with work and the easter weekend i havent been that active. I'll see if i can pick it up and add something this week.

scbubba
Apr 26th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Schedule Update

April is coming to a close and we've had a good selection of quizzes this month. We need to start filling in May quizzes now.

The weekly is open for 4/29 - 5/5
Daily slots are open for:
Wed 5/1
Thur 5/2
Fri 5/3
Sat 5/4

Please feel free to go into the REPtrivia section and claim one of these spots with a new quiz.

Let me know if you have any questions/comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Bubba

Litmaster
Apr 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Schedule Update

April is coming to a close and we've had a good selection of quizzes this month. We need to start filling in May quizzes now.

The weekly is open for 4/29 - 5/5
Daily slots are open for:
Wed 5/1
Thur 5/2
Fri 5/3
Sat 5/4

Please feel free to go into the REPtrivia section and claim one of these spots with a new quiz.

Let me know if you have any questions/comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Bubba

I'll go ahead and empty my stock of questions for May and June, if I can, but I have a seasonal job starting in a week that will last for the next two months. As such, I won't have much time available to visit the forum or make quizzes.

While a nice diversion in the off-season, I can't see the REPtrivia game lasting beyond the start of the 4th season.