PDA

View Full Version : Theory on how the story ends

Cardiac Thug
Mar 6th, 2013, 05:03 AM
I believe the story ends with Michael as a zombie reading the journals.

vickygarciahuizar
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Maybe,.... Or it could end with a different group of survivors reading michels journal or with the next generation including lizzy and sauls baby grown up now that would be awesome

mageftw
Apr 26th, 2013, 08:11 PM
maybe but that would be a disappointing ending many good series are screwed by bad endings

SwampZombieSlayer
May 10th, 2013, 03:11 AM
They aren't zombies - this is some military experiment or am alien invasion. That's why the word ZOMBIE is always in quotes

Robzombie
May 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I think the story ends exactly where it began. We're alive is a re-telling of events of the last 4 years by Michael, taken from him and various sources. It starts in his present time, which is four years ahead, to which he does not sound like a zombie and it is him telling the story, not anyone else.

buzzbros2002
May 10th, 2013, 12:38 PM
They aren't zombies - this is some military experiment or am alien invasion. That's why the word ZOMBIE is always in quotes

I want to believe.

I think the story ends exactly where it bagan. We're alive is a re-telling of events of the last 4 years by Michael, taken from him and various sources. It starts in his present time, which is four years ahead, to which he does not sound like a zombie and it is him telling the story, not anyone else.

Are we 100% sure that's the case though? As we learned with Kalani, even after they die their voices come back to tell us their story.

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I'm sticking to my guns: TOWTM finds the journals and is reading them.

Duffusmonkey
May 10th, 2013, 03:43 PM
TOWTM? The One With The Mustache??? WOOT Victor finds the journals and is reading them

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2013, 03:58 PM
TOWTM? The One With The Mustache??? WOOT Victor finds the journals and is reading them

No defiling out abbreviations. :p

Besides at this point it's been 9 months or so.... They all probably have facial hair.

Witch_Doctor
May 10th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I think the story ends exactly where it bagan. We're alive is a re-telling of events of the last 4 years by Michael, taken from him and various sources. It starts in his present time, which is four years ahead, to which he does not sound like a zombie and it is him telling the story, not anyone else.

I don't understand a word you said but I agree 100%!

Robzombie
May 10th, 2013, 09:29 PM

Thats because it's a paradox within a conundrum of a hyperbole taking into consideration chaos theory with a healthy dose of occam's razor...see, it's simple, you just didn't know it. yay!

Osiris
May 10th, 2013, 09:43 PM
After SOMEBODY drank a fishbowl sized glass of what I can only assume was drain cleaner and bourbon, I found out how the show ends.

This IS the actual ending of the show. I have verification. You have been warned.

EDIT*

I've been asked to remove the information. Sorry everyone.

SwampZombieSlayer
May 10th, 2013, 09:53 PM
They aren't zombies of the traditional sense - of that I'm certain

mgillogly
May 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I have a feeling that they'll come up with something to destroy them but have a bad feeling one of the main group may die. I really hope thats not the case though. I had a hard time letting Angel go, cant handle another!

Sin Angel
Jan 13th, 2014, 10:27 AM
A lot more of the group is going to die for sure, Someone probably finds all the journals and begins to piece the story together, while also asking Michael about it. Or Michael is somewhat older and remembering everything as he's dying.

Jannit
Jan 30th, 2014, 01:54 PM
After SOMEBODY drank a fishbowl sized glass of what I can only assume was drain cleaner and bourbon, I found out how the show ends.

This IS the actual ending of the show. I have verification. You have been warned.

EDIT*

I've been asked to remove the information. Sorry everyone.

That sounds like one hell of a story. For later. After the show ends.

Clearly you just need to brush up on your Canadian.

Osiris
Jan 30th, 2014, 04:59 PM
That sounds like one hell of a story. For later. After the show ends.

Clearly you just need to brush up on your Canadian.

Kc was drunk at the time. He kept saying, "I shit you not... I shit... you... not..."

Also, that may be wholly apocryphal.

Miss
Jan 31st, 2014, 06:44 PM
As long as the ending isn't so sweet that it makes my teeth itch, Im sure KC will make it work

Sin Angel
Feb 1st, 2014, 09:09 PM
I just want an ending that will make him happy, and the true fans who can appreciate any ending he throws at us.

Ginja
Feb 16th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Lately I've had the feeling that the end is with Michael dying and alone reading the journals. I have a horrible feeling that he winds up being the only one left.

Windsor995
Feb 20th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I have a feeling that Michael will stay behind in a final stand so that others will get away to safety. But alot of the main characters are probably going to perish in the final few episodes.

pmchawk
Feb 21st, 2014, 11:21 AM
World explodes.

Gooer
Feb 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
World explodes.

GreggSz
Feb 22nd, 2014, 10:35 AM
"I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

From the beginning of the story I thought this could be foreshadowing. Michael is afraid but goes mano a mano with evil. Michael kills Ink as his last act.

The survivors are grateful they have the journals so what’s left of humanity will never forget how close we came to extinction.

Grognaurd
Feb 22nd, 2014, 11:18 AM
I think the quote is more along the lines that he was the tired and depressed, he did not fear death (nothing to live for) nor what was on the other side (no fear of hell, it's heaven, or annihilation)

Now, he has something to live for (pegs and other friends) and he now fears death, or maybe more correctly undeath as is Randy and others.

But, like KC says, my :tinfoil: hat is so big it falls down over the eyes...

Verse
Feb 23rd, 2014, 02:55 PM
I think the quote is more along the lines that he was the tired and depressed, he did not fear death (nothing to live for) nor what was on the other side (no fear of hell, it's heaven, or annihilation)

Now, he has something to live for (pegs and other friends) and he now fears death, or maybe more correctly undeath as is Randy and others.

But, like KC says, my :tinfoil: hat is so big it falls down over the eyes...

I agree with you though. I think it is just a perception change. There have been strong hints he is messed up in the head on a emotional and mental level. PTSD or something else. Didn't come back to be at the parents funeral. Pushing ppl away. I just relistened to Season 1 this week. When Burt grabbed him it wasn't a "Easy. Your about to loose some teeth" it was a total freak out over being grabbed. He wasn't keen on a hug from Rielly, but went bat crap when he was aggressivly grabbed. We know he did drugs over seas and honestly was so detatched from regular life he barely functioned. Look how he handled Kelly. Combine that with freaking out when Burt grabbed him and other stuff... you got a dude that has a lot of issues.

I really think it was he didn't care about himself and others before. Now he does. It sounds weird, but Z-Day healed him in a lot of ways.

EatMyShorts
Feb 23rd, 2014, 04:33 PM
No real people of faith in the story. Seems odd. World wide events happening in unison. So I'm going with the Book of Revelations theory. Christians have been "called away". Earth and unsaved people left behind with the devils and demons (like Ink). I was listening to Black Sabbath today, so I may have been influenced.

Also last scene of the series will be only Datu left alive still trying to fix that damn windmill.