PDA

View Full Version : A Musical Episode?!?!

StepLaugh
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I was playing with Shane (Angel) last week in Halo Reach, and he was telling me that he's in play where he lives that he's practicing for. He said it was a musical, and I asked if he sings good, and to my surprise he said yes, he sings pretty well.

I asked him if they were thinking about doing a musical episode of We're Alive.

What do you guys think?

kdalton
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Jumping the shark they would.

RamblinMike
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:00 AM
We're Alive: A Musical Story of Survival. Everybody's been asking when it will go to the movies; I just want to know when it hits Broadway.

Wicked Sid
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Maybe they could do an extra musical episode from a previously released chapter, just for the hell of it, with Kc doing musical narration.

StepLaugh
Jan 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Maybe they could do an extra musical episode from a previously released chapter, just for the hell of it, with Kc doing musical narration.

I'd totally love it. I was thinking that if they do another party, like at the end of the first season, they could break out into dance XD

bohemianroxie
Jan 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Once more with feeling!!
Hey...it worked out pretty well for Buffy..
it could be pretty cool especially if it achieved something similar..
as in hidden truths being revealed

Onslaught
Jan 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM
They should do it during the Chapter 13 I'm sure everyone would love to hear the survivors slaughter zombies while putting out a fire all while dancing and singing. I would ESPECIALLY love to hear Burt sing.

StepLaugh
Jan 30th, 2011, 02:30 PM
They should do it during the Chapter 13 I'm sure everyone would love to hear the survivors slaughter zombies while putting out a fire all while dancing and singing. I would ESPECIALLY love to hear Burt sing.

I'd laugh if he had the best voice.

Wicked Sid
Jan 30th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I just wanted to remind you of "Mary Had A Little Lamb, Little Lamb."

We've heard his lullaby voice with back up vocals by Shirley.

Hollomandious
Jan 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Maybe a recap of all of season 1 in a 30 min special episode that's in the form of a musical. Could probably cover alot in 15 2 min songs.

Eh?

SleepyGlenn
Feb 9th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I think they could have a comedy non-canon episode. Perhaps available for download after a small donation toward the podcast? Might be a little fundraiser.

Funny Muffins
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:11 AM
A comedic musical would be the only way I would download that ep.

Radio style drama on zombies?
I'm in.

Zombie musical?
Pass

nikvoodoo
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I think they could have a comedy non-canon episode. Perhaps available for download after a small donation toward the podcast? Might be a little fundraiser.

I love the National Public Radio-ness of this suggestion. NPR always has gifts for certain levels of donations like interviews, special concert DVDs etc etc. Or maybe it's included as a part of a Special Edition Season 2 Box Set as opposed to the normal Season 2 box set.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 9th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I love the National Public Radio-ness of this suggestion. NPR always has gifts for certain levels of donations like interviews, special concert DVDs etc etc. Or maybe it's included as a part of a Special Edition Season 2 Box Set as opposed to the normal Season 2 box set.

I haven't heard of National Public Radio before, but that sounds like an excellent idea! It makes me sad that KC says they're making a loss on the podcast. Anything to help, right? I've made a thread in the suggestions section to see what people think.

nikvoodoo
Feb 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I haven't heard of National Public Radio before, but that sounds like an excellent idea! It makes me sad that KC says they're making a loss on the podcast. Anything to help, right? I've made a thread in the suggestions section to see what people think.

So sorry! Of course you and any other non-American forum member wouldn't have heard of NPR. NPR is public/private sponsored radio programming in the States. It gets funded through donations and sponsors only. There are local stations who do smaller things, but they also buy into the national programs so at 4pm weekdays, NPR stations switch from local programming and broadcast "All Things Considered" which is NPR's version of the nightly news. They have quiz shows, debates, all sorts of cool stuff. If you're interested enough, I'd suggest "Wait, wait, don't tell me" podcast. It's pretty damn funny.

Pteranodon
Feb 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Sorry, but a musical episode is absolutely the WORST idea ever. It's been done to death on TV already..... Remember the awful musical Lexx episode.... Maybe it'd work for a COMEDY show, but NOT for serious survival-horror!!!!

Ra1th
Feb 10th, 2011, 01:40 PM
^ agreed

besides no worries about a musical episode, if you check who voted for who, KC voted for the no way in hell option

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
haha I saw that, that's pretty funny!

MrScott101
Feb 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Maybe for a gag reel type episode (which would be sweet to have a gag reel) but not part of the series.

Beaumont
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:01 AM
What point would it serve? It's a really bad idea.

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Oh god no, please NO! I almost died watching the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical, and Sweeney Todd, and others. I hate musicals, and I think KC would find that the general population does too.

Beaumont
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Oh yeah that Buffy episode where the demon controlled them as a musical...damn that was stupid.

StepLaugh
May 5th, 2011, 02:00 AM
It's going to happen!

Eitri
May 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Come on guys, if the T.V show Buffy the Vampire slayer can have a Musical episode, then so can we're alive god damit! it would be epic!

Hellbringer
May 5th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I didn't like that Buffy episode at first, but it DID show diversity. It also grew on my wife and me. In fact, I bought her the soundtrack a couple of months after it aired.

But, I'm not too sure how the folks in the We're Alive universe would go about doing a bunch of songs. It's not like there's a deranged criminal mastermind who has slaves to do his every whim and a crazy scarred up she-devil who would carry out his every punishment on people. oh, wait...

mascaria
May 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
If people hated musicals so much then glee wouldn't be so popular would it? I for one would love a musical episode and it doesn't have to be in the linear story either, could easily be a flashback type thing so it doesn't build on the story so haters don't miss anything.

Creem_Filling
May 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I think this is far too serious a story to do a musical. I feel like it would somehow sully the equilibrium of deep emotion and comedy that KC has worked so hard to achieve.

COsurvivor
May 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
musical?? really? come on, WHY... is this a zombified Glee version??? please say it ain't so!

Luna Guardian
May 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Oh, definitely! I would pay to hear that! :D
(Y'know, as soon as I can come up with the money...)

NoReality95
May 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I think it can be an extra episode or a "it was all a dream" episode. I like musicals so it wouldn't bother me that much.

Pikepaw
May 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I agree with the idea of a bonus, musical episode. Pegs falls asleep or is knocked out and suddenly everyone is in song. I want to hear Burt sing!

mythicgr66
May 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
no,no!,no!!!,maybe?, it cann't be part of the actuall main storyline, a spinoff episode

rottenash
May 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM
We're alive musical...they did do evil dead the musical.. and it was pretty awesome.

mythicgr66
May 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
We're alive musical...they did do evil dead the musical.. and it was pretty awesome.

did you actually see it, my god i walked out after 20 mins and demanded a refund

rottenash
May 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Guess it all depends on your expectations..I went in thinking it was going to be a gong show, ended up being very entertaining. I've sat thru some pretty stale musicals in my life..and evil dead wasn't one of them.

kafu288
May 7th, 2011, 03:38 AM
I voted for yes and it'd be interesting, but after seeing the arguements for why in here and some ideas for what it would involve... hell fucking no. This story is to serious to have Saul running around singing about their feelings while Burt and Michael sing about how they need to board up the building. Hell fucking no.

Irish Fury
May 21st, 2011, 11:00 AM
I think a spinoff episode or as a gag reel to tide us over between seasons could be funny... Not that KC would go for it, but any songs or numbers anyone would want them to sing?

I think 'All these things that I've done' would be good lol...

Creem_Filling
May 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
I have seen many great musicals. High School Musical, Sweeney Todd, The Phantom of the Opera were all great. But they had to be designed that way to be so. And besides KC voted no up in the polls. So this idea is pretty much shot.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
May 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
If KC is up for a laugh and up to writing it, I wouldn't oppose it as some sort of extra episode after the series is over.
Or maybe something like the end of the show "ReBoot" where they recap everything at the final episode? Although
I don't know how well the cast members can actually sing...that could lead to definite issues...but lots of bloopers too =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFKHBygDZMY <== [SPOILERS] - Pretty much "ReBoot" in a nutshell, so if you plan on watching it, don't watch this.

werewolf
Jan 6th, 2012, 05:36 PM
if we're alive was ever made into a musical. that most of the listeners would turn into zombies or want to be shot as zombies:zombiegun: :hammer::zombie:

StepLaugh
Jul 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Not sure if this needs to come back to life yet or not...

I will always have faith.

Osiris
Jul 27th, 2012, 10:48 PM
IN!

Creem_Filling
Jul 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Why not? I wouldn't mind if Burt sang a little tune.