PDA

View Full Version : REPtrivia - mayhem

LiamKerrington
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hi there,

now that we have this new feature - thank you Kc ! - something has come to my mind, and I am kind of hesitant about how and ifs and whatnot ...

I already addressed scbubba with the idea to create REPTrivia-quizzes which include much more questions then just a single one. The first thing that came to my mind was like this:
1 REPTrivia quiz per season including up to as many questions as there are episodes in each season (like 12 questions for season #1); and each episode would be covered by a single question.

scbubba pointed out that 12 questions in a single REPTrivia might be too much, which is - actually - very true. Because: How long would someone like to spend on a single quiz with so many questions. But then again quizzes with like 3 or 4 questions might be something to think about.

And this is something I would like to ask you: What do you think about quizzes not only with multiple choice questions, but with multiple questions per quiz?

Considering the advised 360 seconds (check the how to create the REPTrivia), I think you could slightly raise the time to up to 600 seconds or something, then 4 questions in a single quizz might be no problem. Also quizzes may become 'more' interesting ... Not sure about the latter, though.

Ideads? Thoughts? Opinions? Rambling and rants?

All the best!
Liam

Kc
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
One of the things I like about the Daily ones is that it encourages people to come to the forum, or they'll miss out. I would back a "Weekly" quiz in addition to the daily ones, that way there's always one up there. Thoughts?

scbubba
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I think a mix of Daily and Weekly would be good. Always having at least 1 up every day is, I think, a key thing for the forum. Otherwise, it looks like its not being kept up or it was an after thought.

So maybe keep Daily quizzes to the 1 question, 360 seconds limits and then have Weekly quizzes with 4 - 12 (?) questions and up to 600 seconds.... (just putting it out there - not married to the numbers for Weekly).

LiamKerrington
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah. I did not have a dialy mayhem on my mind; that would be way too much over the top xxl deluxe with sugar on top. Something like once a week or twice per month would be something to think about ...

Am looking forward to more input ...

REZombie
Feb 28th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I like the idea of daily and weekly. The quizzes are a pretty cool feature, i enjoy them and having more would be awesome.

Litmaster
Feb 28th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Daily and weekly. I have been missing them because I can't get on every day.

LiamKerrington
Mar 1st, 2013, 01:15 AM
Daily and weekly. I have been missing them because I can't get on every day.

Now that you mention it ... I think this is one of the reasons I have thought about raising this topic, because I simply forgot to play the first quizzes ...

scbubba
Mar 3rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
I nominate Lit's quiz this week as our 1st Weekly quiz. It looks like a good one with 5 (I think) questions.

All in favor?

Litmaster
Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
I nominate Lit's quiz this week as our 1st Weekly quiz. It looks like a good one with 5 (I think) questions.

All in favor?

Ok, I changed the dates, from Monday 3/4 through Sunday 3/10. 5 questions seems good for a weekly quiz. We are all just feeling this new thing out, so let's see how it goes.

scbubba
Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Ok, I changed the dates, from Monday 3/4 through Sunday 3/10. 5 questions seems good for a weekly quiz. We are all just feeling this new thing out, so let's see how it goes.

Looks awesome, Lit. I set the end date to be the 11th because the system reads the end date as the first day that the quiz is turned off instead of the last day it can be taken.

Thanks for putting the effort into this, my friend.

Duffusmonkey
Mar 4th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Is there a way to do Reptrivia on Mobil App? I have not been able to find it.

Litmaster
Mar 4th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Is there a way to do Reptrivia on Mobil App? I have not been able to find it.

Good question. Send a PM to Kc if he doesn't see this.