PDA

View Full Version : Reptrivia - HOW TO...

Kc
Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
SO! Many of you were wondering what is that reptrivia button on top? How does it work. WELL, here it is.

IF you are a "Quizmaster" you can administer quizes. IF NOT, you can request to be part of the group here:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups

If our moderator leaders feel you qualify you will be added to the list.

ANYONE can take the quiz, but only Quizmasters can create them.

To TAKE the quiz, click on Reptrivia and select the quiz date you want to take. If the quiz is available there will be a link to take test on the right column, if not active yet, it will say "Not available at this time".

QUIZMASTERS! You can create tests in advance for each day. Just set the date in advance and make sure that day is available.

How do you create quizes? Here we go:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step1.jpg
Click on the "Reptrivia" tab at the top and select "Add Quiz" from the list below.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step2.jpg
On the next screen make your Daily quiz with the name:
Daily Reptrivia! 23 Feb 2013 [Change the date to the date you want to have your quiz.]
NOTE!!! Only one test is permitted per day. SO, look at the front page to see if a future date is available.
Quiz Description can be whatever you like to further details your quiz. I copied and pasted the title here since I didn't have any further details to discus.

Make sure the Category is :Daily Reptrivia. Otherwise someone may not be able to use the test.
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step2.5.jpg
QUIZ TYPE: If you select Multiple choice you provide the correct answer, IF you select short answer or essay, they will need to be judged. The other quiz types I have not experimented with, so for now it's best to use multiple choice or short answer.

Maximum tries set to 1.
Time limit set to 360. AS a standard each quiz should use 360 seconds.
Score type: Weighted Score (*NEW correction)
Hidden until Start: No
Guest accessible: yes.

http://i.imgur.com/M1A8UBw.png

Quiz Start Date: 23 Feb 2013 [SAMPLE DATE]
Quiz End Date: 24 Feb 2013 [1 Day AFTER Date]
Rules and Suggestions: LEAVE as in unless you have any specific instructions.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step3.jpg

Select "No" for explanation unless you want to explain your answer. And click create.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step4.jpg
NOW your quiz is created but NOT active and you haven't set the questions. Click on your quiz to edit it.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step5.jpg
The next page is the layout for your quiz. Select "Modify Questions"

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step6.jpg
Here is a sample of the type Multiple choice, where you can select 1 question and how many possible answers. The sample here is 1 question, 4 answers. Type in how many questions and answers you want, then select "Add Question"

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step7.jpg
Now type in the question and the possible answers below. Because the default quiz is either right or wrong, select the correct answer and make it worth 1 point and select "Correct answer" next to it. You also have the option to use images for the questions as well, and if that's the case you can select browse and upload the images. Then click "Add question" to finish this page.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/step8.jpg
Now it's time to activate your quiz! Click on "Quiz options" and select activate quiz.

That's it! It's a lot of steps, but we'll get used to it after a while.

IF your questions were short answer, the responses need to be judged. Only quizmasters can do this. Whoever administered the test is responsible for judging the entries.

To Judge someone's answers (Or in other words say correct or incorrect):

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/judge1.jpg
Quiz Admin and click on the Judge Entry next to the entry. There will be a small Gavel. You cannot correct your own quiz however. SO in that case you could ask another quizmaster, or just not enter the day you make the quiz. It's only fair ;)

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/quiz/judge2.jpg
On the judgement screen you look at the answer and select the final score. 1 is correct 0 is wrong, and possible score should always be set to 1!!! Then click submit results. That's how you judge the answers!

Litmaster
Mar 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Make sure that the "Hidden Until Start?" tab is set to 'NO'!

Robzombie
Mar 8th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I noticed that someone was able to get 2 tries at my quiz today. I had it set to 1 try, and even double chacked after the fact and it's set to one...is that a possible glitch or something else going on there?

scbubba
Mar 8th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I noticed that someone was able to get 2 tries at my quiz today. I had it set to 1 try, and even double chacked after the fact and it's set to one...is that a possible glitch or something else going on there?

Was it a user or was it an anonymous guest?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see it once I looked at the current entries for your quiz. Very curious indeed....

scbubba
Mar 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM

I was able to duplicate this. The quiz is set up for 1 try. I took the quiz all the way through the end. Then I used the back button on my browser and went back to the page that said "Take the Quiz". I hit the button to take the quiz again and, voila!, I took it again and have two entries for the "limit 1" quiz....

So, unless or until we can figure out a way to stop that from happening, we may have to manually "work around" the issue.

Quizmasters
After your quiz has completed, please review the list of entries (From the page for your quiz, click on the Quiz Options button and select 'Current Entries' from the drop down list). The list should be ordered by the date/time that the users completed the quiz. You can change the sorting to go by username and then scan the list for multiple entries from the same user.

If you find multiples, you can either try to figure out which one is the oldest and remove all other entries for that user in your quiz. Or, remove all but one of the entries using your own discretion...

Any thoughts on this approach?

Litmaster
Mar 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I was able to duplicate this. The quiz is set up for 1 try. I took the quiz all the way through the end. Then I used the back button on my browser and went back to the page that said "Take the Quiz". I hit the button to take the quiz again and, voila!, I took it again and have two entries for the "limit 1" quiz....

So, unless or until we can figure out a way to stop that from happening, we may have to manually "work around" the issue.

Quizmasters
After your quiz has completed, please review the list of entries (From the page for your quiz, click on the Quiz Options button and select 'Current Entries' from the drop down list). The list should be ordered by the date/time that the users completed the quiz. You can change the sorting to go by username and then scan the list for multiple entries from the same user.

If you find multiples, you can either try to figure out which one is the oldest and remove all other entries for that user in your quiz. Or, remove all but one of the entries using your own discretion...

Any thoughts on this approach?

Yeah... it's cheating to boost stats (unless somebody just LOOOOOOOVES the quiz so much they wanted to take it again).

I think whoever is caught doing it should get 0% for that quiz.

http://osakabentures.com/wp-content/uploads/cheater.jpeg

Robzombie
Mar 8th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm tooting my own horn, do I get a glitch finder award thingy, like a cookie or something. I know Scubba did all the work in sorting out the why's and how's and stuff, but he already knows he's awesome, where as I need all the verification I can get! No no, I just haven't been able to find any glitch yet so I want one, gimme gimme!

tounge firmly planted in cheek, but seriously, if you have a cookie...?

scbubba
Mar 8th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I'm tooting my own horn, do I get a glitch finder award thingy, like a cookie or something. I know Scubba did all the work in sorting out the why's and how's and stuff, but he already knows he's awesome, where as I need all the verification I can get! No no, I just haven't been able to find any glitch yet so I want one, gimme gimme!

tounge firmly planted in cheek, but seriously, if you have a cookie...?

Here ya go....

http://i.imgur.com/lCnVgZw.jpg

But maybe Kc will throw some Bug Hunter points atcha.... :yay:

Robzombie
Mar 9th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Here ya go....

http://i.imgur.com/lCnVgZw.jpg

But maybe Kc will throw some Bug Hunter points atcha.... :yay:

Thats awesome, thank you, I got my cookie!!!

Robzombie
Mar 9th, 2013, 07:09 PM
The reptrivia listing looks all fucked up and the order is hard to under stand. I just end up looking at the end date to figure out the order and if others have taken the quiz. You douches have been filling up the 5 viewable limit all week so I havent added to it. I\ve had a bunch waiting to add but I don't want to push a previous entry out that is still valid. Just a comment, but maybe allow a days spacing between your entry and the last to allow an opportunity for someone else to throw one in there....idk. I have a dozen and if I entered them all then no one would see the previous but valid quizes....
Some discussion or sorting out might be needed.

Litmaster
Mar 9th, 2013, 07:45 PM
The reptrivia listing looks all fucked up and the order is hard to under stand. I just end up looking at the end date to figure out the order and if others have taken the quiz. You douches have been filling up the 5 viewable limit all week so I havent added to it. I\ve had a bunch waiting to add but I don't want to push a previous entry out that is still valid. Just a comment, but maybe allow a days spacing between your entry and the last to allow an opportunity for someone else to throw one in there....idk. I have a dozen and if I entered them all then no one would see the previous but valid quizes....
Some discussion or sorting out might be needed.

Sorry, man. March 15th is open, if you want to grab that one. I'll space the shit out from now on... :cool:

Robzombie
Mar 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM
With todays quiz, my selection (which I won't say what it was), after selecting it and clicking review, it said NO ANSWER, so I wanted to go back to the question thinking that somehow I made a mistake. Seeing no 'go back to the question' type of button I hit BACK, thinking it would just take me back and the timer would still be counting down and all should be fine, but it locked me out, and now shows as not completed. Reviewing before submitting your answer is kind of pointless if you can't go back to the question to double check or even reconsider another answer if you wanted to.

scbubba
Mar 13th, 2013, 07:08 AM
With todays quiz, my selection (which I won't say what it was), after selecting it and clicking review, it said NO ANSWER, so I wanted to go back to the question thinking that somehow I made a mistake. Seeing no 'go back to the question' type of button I hit BACK, thinking it would just take me back and the timer would still be counting down and all should be fine, but it locked me out, and now shows as not completed. Reviewing before submitting your answer is kind of pointless if you can't go back to the question to double check or even reconsider another answer if you wanted to.

Robzombie,
I'm showing that you scored 100% on the quiz for today. Not sure what's up there.

I did notice the "No Answer" thing you mentioned. I recall there being two buttons/links at the bottom of the review screen. One on the right was to submit my final answer and the other was to go back and change my answer. I'll have to try to verify that on another quiz.

Let me know if you see something different than 100% on the 3/13 quiz.

- Bubba

LiamKerrington
Mar 13th, 2013, 07:13 AM

Yeah, that "no answer" made me return and choose something different ... And later it made me thought: Maybe a trick-question?
Going back is easy: simply hit "edit quiz" in the lower left section of the page which told you "no answer" or your actual choice.
Anyway: scbubba told me via a mail that something was kind of wrong with the question.

All the best!
Liam

Robzombie
Mar 13th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Oh, I thought the left button said 'Edit Quiz', which I thought was due to being a Quizmaster and not that it would allow me to simply go back to the question...
Anyways it shows 100% now because as a quizmaster I was able to delete the entry, then enter it again. Seriously no cheating here I swear. If that button does say 'Edit Quiz' yet it lets you actually go back to edit your answer, then it may serve better to have it say 'Edit Answer' instead.

Edit: oops, sorry Liam I just noticed that you confirmed above that yes it does say Edit Quiz.

Kc
Mar 13th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Instead of "0" maybe a "Zero" next time. But we live and learn...

scbubba
May 2nd, 2013, 03:58 AM
Kc (or other admin),
anyway I can get permission to edit the "How To" you have in the original post for this thread? There's some info I'd like to have in that post since it's the main thing people see from the REPtrivia page link.

Thanks,
Bubba

Kc
May 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Kc (or other admin),
anyway I can get permission to edit the "How To" you have in the original post for this thread? There's some info I'd like to have in that post since it's the main thing people see from the REPtrivia page link.

Thanks,
Bubba

Go for it! You have permission, but can you actually edit it? If you want to add something you can post it here and we can change it too. Either way.

scbubba
May 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Go for it! You have permission, but can you actually edit it? If you want to add something you can post it here and we can change it too. Either way.

I can't actually edit the first post so I'll add the info about even vs weighted score down here.

The main thing I want to change on the original post was to say that the quiz author should choose Weighted Score instead of Even Score. So the section that says:

Maximum tries set to 1.
Time limit set to 360. AS a standard each quiz should use 360 seconds.
Score type: Even Score
Hidden until Start: No
Guest accessible: yes.

Should have "Score type: Weighted Score" instead.

We could also include this image if it would help:
http://i.imgur.com/M1A8UBw.png

Thanks,
Bubba

Kc
May 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
i can't actually edit the first post so i'll add the info about even vs weighted score down here.

The main thing i want to change on the original post was to say that the quiz author should choose weighted score instead of even score. So the section that says:

Maximum tries set to 1.
Time limit set to 360. As a standard each quiz should use 360 seconds.
Score type: Even score
hidden until start: No
guest accessible: Yes.

Should have "score type: Weighted score" instead.

We could also include this image if it would help:
http://i.imgur.com/m1a8ubw.png

thanks,
bubba

done

scbubba
May 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
You rock, Kc!

Thanks for updating that.

Robzombie
May 3rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
How does one give a rep to someone because of the quiz. Do I look for any recent thread posting and rep from there or is there another way? Thanks.

scbubba
May 3rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
How does one give a rep to someone because of the quiz. Do I look for any recent thread posting and rep from there or is there another way? Thanks.

The only way I know of is to go find a post from the user and REP it as you normally would. I typically put something about the quiz score in the REP message.

Duffusmonkey
May 3rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Does the quiz not give it automatically? Oops I might owe people some Rep.

scbubba
May 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Does the quiz not give it automatically? Oops I might owe people some Rep.

Nope. It doesn't. Until we can determine a way to make it automatic, we are leaving it up to the quiz author to decide whether or not to award REP for their quizzes.

Unit
Nov 6th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Are there no more reptrivia quizzes? I took one a couple months ago and have checked back a couple times since and there is still only the same one listed. Am I doing something wrong or is this area dead?

scbubba
Nov 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Are there no more reptrivia quizzes? I took one a couple months ago and have checked back a couple times since and there is still only the same one listed. Am I doing something wrong or is this area dead?

You aren't doing anything wrong. There haven't been any new quizzes created/published in Reptrivia in quite a while.
Not an intentional thing, by any means.

We'll see if we can round some new quizzes up for everyone....

Unit
Nov 6th, 2013, 03:10 PM
You aren't doing anything wrong. There haven't been any new quizzes created/published in Reptrivia in quite a while.
Not an intentional thing, by any means.

We'll see if we can round some new quizzes up for everyone....

Awesome, can't wait. I just submitted a request to be a quiz writer too. Would be fun to resurrect that area :excited:

scbubba
Nov 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Awesome, can't wait. I just submitted a request to be a quiz writer too. Would be fun to resurrect that area :excited:

Approved. Have at it! :D

Unit
Nov 7th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Is there a way to go back and look at previous quizzes so I don't duplicate one that was already done before I joined? I tried the search bar on the right but it looks like that only works for current quizzes.

scbubba
Nov 7th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Is there a way to go back and look at previous quizzes so I don't duplicate one that was already done before I joined? I tried the search bar on the right but it looks like that only works for current quizzes.

I think that's a function of the quiz engine plugin - once a quiz is over, it's pretty much gone from view.

Don't worry about duplicating any previous ones. There are enough people that haven't taken quizzes that it'll be ok to dupe a few.

Generally, a quiz author will set a % correct level on the quiz and award something (REP or likes) for any one who takes the quiz and gets that score or higher. Totally up to you on how you want your quizzes to work.

Have some fun with it!