PDA

View Full Version : The purpose of Randy

OldtypeM87
Feb 15th, 2013, 07:02 AM
The whole Randy thing has been what's been puzzling to me more than the other holes needing to be filled. I thought I read on the wiki that he was mentioned to be at CJ's tower when he was alive or maybe it was the water plant? But my thought is could he have been that slow turner that Tanya kept referring to that bit her and in that case, could he have went after Tanya to finish the job or take her back in case there is a connection with that. But it still doesn't explain his connection to Michael. That's why been bugging me the most? Could they be family or comrades in the army or something completely different. Will we even see him and learn the truth in season 4?

turbo
Feb 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I believe he was apart of the water team for CJ's tower and the same time that Michael got stuck in the water plant, Randy's team showed up and maybe helped him escape then was attacked?

OldtypeM87
Feb 15th, 2013, 07:35 AM
That would explain how Michael got out of the water plant and maybe things went so bad there that is why Michael wouldn't talk about it to anyone.

nikvoodoo
Feb 15th, 2013, 07:52 AM
The whole Randy thing has been what's been puzzling to me more than the other holes needing to be filled. I thought I read on the wiki that he was mentioned to be at CJ's tower when he was alive or maybe it was the water plant? But my thought is could he have been that slow turner that Tanya kept referring to that bit her and in that case, could he have went after Tanya to finish the job or take her back in case there is a connection with that. But it still doesn't explain his connection to Michael. That's why been bugging me the most? Could they be family or comrades in the army or something completely different. Will we even see him and learn the truth in season 4?

The slow turner with Tanya wasn't Randy. If you listen to Kalani's Season 3 journal story you hear Sean mention the water not working and sending Randy and the technicians to the Water Works. Just so happens we also know another group of folks who went there.

Though I disagree with Turbo about the timing of the events. It seems more likely that Randy's team was there first, otherwise the Behemoth would have had no reason to be inside really.

scbubba
Feb 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
The slow turner with Tanya wasn't Randy. If you listen to Kalani's Season 3 journal story you hear Sean mention the water not working and sending Randy and the technicians to the Water Works. Just so happens we also know another group of folks who went there.

Though I disagree with Turbo about the timing of the events. It seems more likely that Randy's team was there first, otherwise the Behemoth would have had no reason to be inside really.

I think you're right, nik.

<theory>
Randy and friends were at the waterworks. They encounter the Behemoth, and possibly some of his friends but he may have been a loner. Behemoth starts thrashing people. Randy, and anybody still left, are hiding out in the waterworks while Big Boy is stalking them.

Enter our heroes at the most inopportune time. Zombie Kong hears/see/smells Michael and Co and goes to give them what for. Michael does his thing. He either finds Randy or Randy finds him. The are making an escape from the waterworks and get out of the Big Guy's reach. Only to run into a pack of Zeds drawn by the noise. Randy buys time for Michael and is turned for his troubles (unbeknownst to Sgt. Cross)
</theory>

OldtypeM87
Feb 15th, 2013, 10:47 AM

You're right. It couldn't have been Randy since Randy was never even at the colony at all. Only Sean, James (i think), and hope were the three who abandoned the tower to the colony. Had a lapse in my thoery but it still leaves me to wonder. Just one of the things I'm hoping gets answered in the last season.

scbubba
Feb 15th, 2013, 11:05 AM
You're right. It couldn't have been Randy since Randy was never even at the colony at all. Only Sean, James (i think), and hope were the three who abandoned the tower to the colony. Had a lapse in my thoery but it still leaves me to wonder. Just one of the things I'm hoping gets answered in the last season.

Yeah the Randy stuff and the whole Michael's broken arm thing are big questions that need answering in Season 4. (I'm looking at you, Kc. Very intently....)

LiamKerrington
Feb 15th, 2013, 12:08 PM

Tanya also told that she euthanized the slow turner.

<theory>
Randy and friends were at the waterworks. They encounter the Behemoth, and possibly some of his friends but he may have been a loner. Behemoth starts thrashing people. Randy, and anybody still left, are hiding out in the waterworks while Big Boy is stalking them.

Enter our heroes at the most inopportune time. Zombie Kong hears/see/smells Michael and Co and goes to give them what for. Michael does his thing. He either finds Randy or Randy finds him. The are making an escape from the waterworks and get out of the Big Guy's reach. Only to run into a pack of Zeds drawn by the noise. Randy buys time for Michael and is turned for his troubles (unbeknownst to Sgt. Cross)
</theory>

That's pretty much what I think as well.

All the best!
Liam

Duffusmonkey
Feb 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I think that Randy is a "Smart One". BUT he was a slow turner. I think that Randy had only partially turned at the WaterWorks. My theory is that Randy had turned enough that the other Zombies would obey him BUT he had just enough Sanity left that he was able convince the other Zombies to let him go. I need to relisten to the colony episodes to see if Michael was surprised when Tanya Mentioned slow turners.

Michael knew that Randy was doomed because he never considered going back for him.

Lilydragon
Feb 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I think Randy did eventually make it to the colony... There was more than one with makings on their faces, and one was mentioned to have a beard. The only one that is ever mentioned to have a beard is Randy. My theary is that Randy is Micheals brother, biological or in arms. So far Micheal hasn't been truthful about his past, he told two different stories about his parents and Reily does not believe he's an only child.

OldtypeM87
Feb 16th, 2013, 12:34 AM
I think Randy did eventually make it to the colony... There was more than one with makings on their faces, and one was mentioned to have a beard. The only one that is ever mentioned to have a beard is Randy. My theary is that Randy is Micheals brother, biological or in arms. So far Micheal hasn't been truthful about his past, he told two different stories about his parents and Reily does not believe he's an only child.

To go along with that, he told Angel at the beginning (ch.1 part 2) that he kinda had family in San Louis Bispo- Northern California (I totally butchered that, sorry CA). But later on, he told someone else (can't remember who, will have to listen back) that his parents were killed in a car crash on one of his tours overseas. So, there is the possibility that he is not being truthful.

The part that I feel makes this mystery more interesting that I haven't seen mentioned much is that he had dreams about and said out Randy's name in his sleep while he was sedated at the colony as Hope said something to him about it. So I strongly feel there is something more personal there between the two.

scbubba
Feb 16th, 2013, 11:33 AM

You know, it never crossed my mind that the Randy that Michael recognized when Tanya was being dragged off might be someone that Michael knew before ZDay. Hmmm... Food for thought...

Lilydragon
Feb 16th, 2013, 08:31 PM
You know, it never crossed my mind that the Randy that Michael recognized when Tanya was being dragged off might be someone that Michael knew before ZDay. Hmmm... Food for thought...

But see that's exactly what I thought first. We hadn't heard of Randy until that episode and we didn't hear about him again until Saul and Victor met up with CJ. And if he recognized him off the bat the way it's portrayed in the episode he had to of been with him and known him long enough to do so. This is what made me think he knew Randy before ZDay. Especially, if it was his brother.

LiamKerrington
Feb 17th, 2013, 12:48 AM
But see that's exactly what I thought first. We hadn't heard of Randy until that episode and we didn't hear about him again until Saul and Victor met up with CJ. And if he recognized him off the bat the way it's portrayed in the episode he had to of been with him and known him long enough to do so. This is what made me think he knew Randy before ZDay. Especially, if it was his brother.

I admit it: I thought of the probability that Michael and Randy already met before the zeehpocalypse; but I never considered a tight relationship between both of them like, for example, both of them being brothers. That's an interesting thought.

Verse
Feb 18th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I don't know about about them being to close. My bets on Randy being a Smart One that helped out before he lost control. My guess is that he turned. Stayed in control long enough to help Michael. Then lost it later. Maybe after being recruited my TOWTM.

nikvoodoo
Feb 18th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I admit it: I thought of the probability that Michael and Randy already met before the zeehpocalypse; but I never considered a tight relationship between both of them like, for example, both of them being brothers. That's an interesting thought.

Used in conjunction with Kelly's analysis from season 2 that Michael doesn't fit the only child type.........very interesting.....

Witch_Doctor
Feb 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I don't know about about them being to close. My bets on Randy being a Smart One that helped out before he lost control. My guess is that he turned. Stayed in control long enough to help Michael. Then lost it later. Maybe after being recruited my TOWTM.

Sean refers to him as one of the 'techies' in The 31st.

OldtypeM87
Feb 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM

That would go along with that theory that Burt (I think, so horrible with quote recollection) made about the smart ones that if maybe these smart ones were smart when they were alive and it carried over when they turned.

scbubba
Feb 18th, 2013, 06:32 PM

Yeah, the mention of Randy from CJ's crew drew my immediate attention to the previous Randy references. So I never thought that there might be "another" Randy. I mean, c'mon, how big could LA really be, amirite?

LiamKerrington
Feb 19th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Used in conjunction with Kelly's analysis from season 2 that Michael doesn't fit the only child type.........very interesting.....

That one slipped my attention - totally.

Lilydragon
Dec 30th, 2013, 07:16 AM

I was right!!!! For once I got something right!!