PDA

View Full Version : Automatic User Promotion to Superuser Group-

Kc
Feb 13th, 2013, 04:44 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/newartwork/superusers.png

Ok, so after a long deliberation, we have decided that Registered Users will have the option of moving into a special category automatically.

You then get to have access to more features, some reserved to bloggers, and even some moderation tools, and even the ability to make a custom title.

What you need to become a Super User:

1. Reputation Level of 100 (Fairly Easy)
2. Registered for 30 Days (Not so bad)
3. Post total: 2200 (Not easy)

OR: You can save up http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/xperience/icons/WP_Logo_32.png10 WA credits and have a User Admin upgrade your account manually.

Keep in mind this is an incentive to people who to remain active in the threads. If anyone is caught spamming for points, you'll be on the exclusion list.

What are http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/xperience/icons/WP_Logo_32.png WA credits? (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4121-WA-Credit-System)

Osiris
Feb 13th, 2013, 04:49 PM
What's all this then?

Kc
Feb 13th, 2013, 04:50 PM
What's all this then?

A way for normal users to get forum cred.

OH! and they can apply Grammer Hammers.

Osiris
Feb 13th, 2013, 04:55 PM
A way for normal users to get forum cred.

It's like street cred, only there's no drug dealers.

So what exactly is a superuser and what are superuser powers? Can they fly? Shoot lasers out of their eyes? Wear a green ring?
I mean aside from the features you listed . . . because I was clearly not reading well enough.

Kc
Feb 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM
It's like street cred, only there's no drug dealers.

So what exactly is a superuser and what are superuser powers? Can they fly? Shoot lasers out of their eyes? Wear a green ring?
I mean aside from the features you listed . . . because I was clearly not reading well enough.

They have some special abilities, like making their own user title...

Osiris
Feb 13th, 2013, 04:59 PM
They have some special abilities, like making their own user title...

I see. I like what you're doing with the place, Kc. Good stuff on the horizon.

Duffusmonkey
Feb 13th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Be a little careful putting too much value in the post count I have over 4000 posts on the 3000GT/Stealth forums and I was considered a very high poster UNTIL post count got important for some reason I forgot.

They had to lock several accounts to stop posts like "I agree", "You tell Em!" & "To The Top" from people spamming to get high post counts. But that was 6 years ago and forums used to be a LOT more active before facebook and Twitter REALLY took off.

Kc
Feb 13th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Be a little careful putting too much value in the post count I have over 4000 posts on the 3000GT/Stealth forums and I was considered a very high poster UNTIL post count got important for some reason I forgot.

They had to lock several accounts to stop posts like "I agree", "You tell Em!" & "To The Top" from people spamming to get high post counts. But that was 6 years ago and forums used to be a LOT more active before facebook and Twitter REALLY took off.

Yeah, we can always modify what's in place. This is a good starting place.

Osiris
Feb 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM
It would really become dependant on what is classified as "spam." Each board has a different definition, but when boards average less than 100 posts per day there's nothing wrong with someone chiming in with a "you fuckin' tell 'em son!" or "well that's just tits." Thankfully, most members round these parts tend to put a bit of thought into their posts.

Then there's members like litmaster . . .

Kc
Feb 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
It would really become dependant on what is classified as "spam." Each board has a different definition, but when boards average less than 100 posts per day there's nothing wrong with someone chiming in with a "you fuckin' tell 'em son!" or "well that's just tits." Thankfully, most members round these parts tend to put a bit of thought into their posts.

Then there's members like litmaster . . .

Most likely admin discretion. If it looks like someone posts 100 posts for 20 days, then stops, that's a red flag and they could lose the super-user status.

nikvoodoo
Feb 13th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I think we can all agree this forum tends to be a very wonderful exception to the online forum rule in terms of douchebaggery. We have a lot of people who help police idiocy, and we're all here because we love the show.

Even when we don't get along we're usually respectful about it......usually.....

reaper239
Feb 14th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I think we can all agree this forum tends to be a very wonderful exception to the online forum rule in terms of douchebaggery. We have a lot of people who help police idiocy, and we're all here because we love the show.

Even when we don't get along we're usually respectful about it......usually.....

suck it nik ;)

see, respectful... usually

scbubba
Feb 14th, 2013, 08:09 AM
suck it nik ;)

see, respectful... usually

It's the thought that counts, right? I mean, usually.....

Osiris
Feb 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure it's turned on.

reaper239
Feb 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure it's turned on.

what? the respect or the thought?

Osiris
Feb 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM
what? the respect or the thought?

The usergroup. I never turn on my respect.

Kc
Feb 14th, 2013, 10:17 AM
The usergroup. I never turn on my respect.

I'm thinking because you're in the "Blogger" category that it's not processing correctly. That would suck to have to make a promotion string for every one, but I'm trying that out now.

Osiris
Feb 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I'm thinking because you're in the "Blogger" category that it's not processing correctly. That would suck to have to make a promotion string for every one, but I'm trying that out now.

Shouldn't have to. Should be a way to "ignore" that group's privileges.

Kc
Feb 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Shouldn't have to. Should be a way to "ignore" that group's privileges.

It's not that simple in the usergroup manager. I wish it was, but it's not. The promotion seems to only apply to "Primary Group" and since yours is "Blogger" and Registered User is secondary, it didn't push it :(

1999 Posts... weeee...

Osiris
Feb 14th, 2013, 10:31 AM
It's not that simple in the usergroup manager. I wish it was, but it's not. The promotion seems to only apply to "Primary Group" and since yours is "Blogger" and Registered User is secondary, it didn't push it :(

1999 Posts... weeee...

http://i.imgur.com/shlLvDM.jpg

Hellbringer
Mar 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Ok, I want to cash in. I just noticed I had some credits today... didn't think I had any. But lo and behold, there they were.

I think there's a Star Wars joke in there somewhere about Anakin and Republic credits, but that is for another time.

Kc
Mar 25th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Ok, I want to cash in. I just noticed I had some credits today... didn't think I had any. But lo and behold, there they were.

I think there's a Star Wars joke in there somewhere about Anakin and Republic credits, but that is for another time.

Well, those aren't exactly the "credits" just yet. You have them because we're testing out the functions now. Not to say you didn't earn any, but we'll start doing that stuff once we get the bugs worked out.

Hellbringer
Mar 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I knew it was too good to be true... just like when Nik gave me a cow as a test award and that thing grazed on my profile for ... I don't know, until it found greener pastures.

Well, those aren't exactly the "credits" just yet. You have them because we're testing out the functions now. Not to say you didn't earn any, but we'll start doing that stuff once we get the bugs worked out.