PDA

View Full Version : More Inside jokes

Duffusmonkey
Feb 7th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I loved the "S Mart" refence from Evil Dead series and I would love to see more.

Subtle is the key, if its too obvious then its just cheezy so i was trying to think of cool inside jokes.

I had a few ideas, does anyone else have one?

1. I hope there is some reason that they MUST get to the pub, at least have them find a Rifle in a pub named "The Winchester" (Shaun of the Dead)

2. CJ collecting classic cars reminded me of the end of "Night of the Comet" If one of her cars had "DMK" on the liscense plate it would be a pretty obscure reference.

3. It would be cool if at one point they find a barrel labled 245 TRIOXIN, that says "In case of emergency call (800) 454-8000" maybe they could drive past the UNEEDA Medical supply company (Return of the living dead)

turbo
Feb 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM
They had a GhostBusters one between CJ and Saul, the Airplane references between Saul and Burt, both great inside jokes, i don't think they should go overkill with them, but it's always great to hear a reference to other movies or shows!

Lilydragon
Feb 7th, 2013, 09:19 PM
"Speak to me Goose" is a reference to Top Gun. Took me over 5 listen throughs to catch it. Saul says it to Victor when they were in Ground Zero.

"What did I touch?" is a reference to Jurassic Park. Angel says it when they are in the elevator at the hospital.

I've noticed some are obscure where others are obvious and pointed out by the characters themselves. :D

OldtypeM87
Feb 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM
The predator reference about getting to the chopper when Angel and Burt were trapped in the hospital was funny. The other one was between Saul and CJ when Saul said that's what she said in reference to CJ needing 5 inches to open the door to stab a zombie.

Duffusmonkey
Oct 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM
SO CLOSE! I really expected to bottles Randy dropped to be labeled 245 Trioxin. At Least they were labeled Radon Labs. I am hoping for a trip to Black Mesa soon!

Hanniekuma
Oct 23rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
I don't remember what episode but someone asked, "where" and the answer was " the last house on the left."
I got a giggle out of that one

Loved the Ghostbuster reference also and Smart! Hail Ash!