PDA

View Full Version : New User Postbit

Kc
Feb 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/externalimages/user-postbit.jpg

You'll notice a few new things! Today we have a new postbit. It's a bit customized and I still have a few minor bugs to work out, but here she is! There is now a new character limit on your location. If it's too long, then it won't display properly. ANYWAY if you see any glitches or whatnot, please let me know. If yours isn't displaying correctly, check if your location is over-limit.

Thanks for being patient during these upgrades. It'll just be REALLY nice to have everything all polished and pretty. The next step is to have better custom titles that are currently the little bloody pages for "Admin" and such listed above.

Comments, ideas, complaints? Post below!

Osiris
Feb 7th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I honestly never realized that they were "pages" until just now. They really need some work, sir. But good work! Glad to see you're using some of your downtime to spruce things up around here instead of spending all your time in the bottom of a bottle. ;)

What?

It's after five, don't judge me.

*EDIT

Really? This was my 2700th post? :hsugh:

Kc
Feb 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
*EDIT

Really? This was my 2700th post? :hsugh:

Well spent ;) At least it wasn't # 3000. I can roll back the clock if you want. I have that power.

Osiris
Feb 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Well spent ;) At least it wasn't # 3000. I can roll back the clock if you want. I have that power.

Negative, Post Writer. I've got something special planned for that one. It may or may not involve midgets.

Hellbringer
Feb 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I was wondering how I got the overdrive award... Nice to see you guys made that cow award disappear from me. I wonder whose barn he's hiding in now.

nikvoodoo
Feb 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Ahem, I do not recall allowing my name to be used for this public display!!!

I like it. It's a nice change of pace!

pinkstarmary
Feb 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Nice!! But what if I want to remain in the shadows and not let anyone know I'm online? Can't have my stalkers finding me all the time :)

StepLaugh
Feb 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM
I like it a lot, it's edgy.

Osiris
Feb 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/w0v9KFU.jpg

Is it just me?

Kc
Feb 11th, 2013, 03:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/w0v9KFU.jpg

Is it just me?

Yup, character limit now. There's some auto-shortening that has to be done to correct it. I fixed it with new users with a character limit, but some old users we need to trim as need be.

Osiris
Feb 11th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Postbit seems to be getting a little crowded below the user names. ;)

Once you start getting into things like Cabage Patch's (as an example only, not singling him out)

Donator
L: Et Cetera...er

Me, I'd totally be ok with not having my "level" tag, and just having the "blogger" tag. But that's just two cents worth of an opinion, not a complaint or request.

Kc
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Postbit seems to be getting a little crowded below the user names. ;)

Once you start getting into things like Cabage Patch's (as an example only, not singling him out)

Donator
L: Et Cetera...er

Me, I'd totally be ok with not having my "level" tag, and just having the "blogger" tag. But that's just two cents worth of an opinion, not a complaint or request.

Yeah, I hear that. I'm looking into ways of minimizing the awards and combining the donator stuff. The levels thing would be cool to have an opt-out function or a better way to display it. Step 1 was getting it to work, step 2 will be cleaning it up. At least the rank banners are thinner than the last ones.

Osiris
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I hear that. I'm looking into ways of minimizing the awards and combining the donator stuff. The levels thing would be cool to have an opt-out function or a better way to display it. Step 1 was getting it to work, step 2 will be cleaning it up. At least the rank banners are thinner than the last ones.

I think if you streamlined them a little more it wouldn't be bad at all. The only issue would be how it shifts the avatars.

turbo
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:11 PM

Could probably add a checkbox to the users profile to do this.

I think if you streamlined them a little more it wouldn't be bad at all. The only issue would be how it shifts the avatars.

The coding of all the Achievements area is a pain, but it is possible.

Osiris
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Could probably add a checkbox to the users profile to do this.

The coding of all the Achievements area is a pain, but it is possible.

I was talking about the actual size of the images for titles.

turbo
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Oh of the Blogger Z-1: Normal images?

Osiris
Feb 11th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Oh of the Blogger Z-1: Normal images?

Indeed. They could be slimmed down a pixel or five, but too much might take away from the artwork. It's a fine line.

turbo
Feb 11th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I fixed the Achievements block. It will only show one row or none and not have the empty space.

Next I'll work on hiding the Social Block and Gaming Tag block if nothing is available.

Do we have a test user with no achievements or anything?

Osiris
Feb 11th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I fixed the Achievements block. It will only show one row or none and not have the empty space.

Next I'll work on hiding the Social Block and Gaming Tag block if nothing is available.

Do we have a test user with no achievements or anything?

You can't get much more barren: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3573-No-Avatar-You-got-one-now&p=46733&viewfull=1#post46733

turbo
Feb 11th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Thank you!

Kc
Feb 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Indeed. They could be slimmed down a pixel or five, but too much might take away from the artwork. It's a fine line.

I slimmed them down in a test run. I'm thinking the donator banner could be smaller, and that would work all around.