PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Where You Live!!!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 4th, 2013, 05:57 PM
We're having so much fun with the REP-ivia! thread that I'd thought we could add another game to keep us sane. While walking with my dog I read the sign on a small building near my neighborhood and lo and behold, guess what I found.

A WATER PUMPING STATION!

Here's the game, find a Place, Object or Person (Character) near you or your travels that represents something from We're Alive and post a picture of it on this thread challenging others to do the same.
Rules:
1) No stock images from the internet, so place a sign saying "We're Alive" in front of the image.
2) Put a deadline time limit on the challenge. Such as, "You have 48 hours" or "You have 3 days"
3) Rep each person who accepts your challenge before the deadline.
4) After a week has passed since a challenge has expired, anyone else can issue the same challenge so newbies can play too.

*** Please give me feed back on the rules of the game as I made them up on the fly.

I challenge you to find.....
The Water Pumping Station
You have 5 days. GO!

turbo
Feb 4th, 2013, 06:01 PM
So we need to post where it is in the studio? Or find something of the same thing in our town? This is a fun concept!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 4th, 2013, 06:11 PM
So we need to post where it is in the studio? Or find something of the same thing in our town? This is a fun concept!

Find something in your own town. Tower, arena, reserve base, someone who looks like Burt, a Hummvee, swat van, chick with a katana...

Osiris
Feb 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I've got to say . . . this. Is. A. Good fucking. Idea.

Litmaster
Feb 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Water pumping station in my town. Got it!

Good idea, Witch Doctor!

scbubba
Feb 4th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Woo HOO! Sounds awesome. I'm in!

turbo
Feb 4th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Time to make a fold up We're Alive picture for the wallet!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 6th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Times a' tickin'. Pegs needs to water those plants and Kelly needs to finish her shower.waterbottle:)

Cabbage Patch
Feb 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I have a water pumping station for you!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 7th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Awesome CP!! Good Job. That's more in line with how I imagined the one in the story looked.

Cabbage Patch
Feb 12th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Since I found the last challenge item it's only fair for me to put out the next one.

I challenge you to find a Gun Store. The more like Locked and Loaded the better. You have 7 days. Rep for everyone who participates, whether you have a gun store or not.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 14th, 2013, 08:41 AM
OK, so let me get this straight. In today's political climate in the USA, all I have to do is stand outside of a gun store with a sign that says, We're Alive?:squint:

Only in America

Sounds like fun. I'm in.:D

scbubba
Feb 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Was planning to get by the local gun shop this evening. May be a perfect opportunity to snap a We're Alive real world pic....

Well, unless it's dark... Hmmm...

Kc
Feb 14th, 2013, 01:01 PM
OK, so let me get this straight. In today's political climate in the USA, all I have to do is stand outside of a gun store with a sign that says, We're Alive?:squint:

Only in America

Sounds like fun. I'm in.:D

Was planning to get by the local gun shop this evening. May be a perfect opportunity to snap a We're Alive real world pic....

Both WA Points voided out. Cabbage Patch didn't know what they were...

pinkstarmary
Feb 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Got it, Gun Shop. Should have plenty of those here in Houston.

scbubba
Feb 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM

Not getting by there tonight. But going to the gun show on Sat morning. Could get a good pic snapped there...

Litmaster
Feb 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Got it, Gun Shop. Should have plenty of those here in Houston.

You can buy a gun here in Massachusetts, provided you sign a Letter of Intent that it will only be used against conservative Christians and Republicans... :D

scbubba
Feb 14th, 2013, 07:46 PM
You can buy a gun here in Massachusetts, provided you sign a Letter of Intent that it will only be used against conservative Christians and Republicans... :D

Well, since those are generally the Evil people who commit crimes most often, it must be for the greater good to use guns against them... :rolleyes:

Cabbage Patch
Feb 15th, 2013, 07:24 AM

You forgot "deranged veterans"! I'm pretty sure they were part of the DHS profile of potential domestic terrorists too.

LiamKerrington
Feb 15th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Great Lolitude. Looks like I am out of this competition, because here in Germany we have only small shops providing stuff for professional hunters and marksman-sportsters. Those shops are nothing compared with "Locked & Loaded" ... ;)

pinkstarmary
Feb 16th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Ok, I have pic, but my phone won't let me post it. It will up on Monday. Oh! The excitement of it all!!!

scbubba
Feb 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Great Lolitude. Looks like I am out of this competition, because here in Germany we have only small shops providing stuff for professional hunters and marksman-sportsters. Those shops are nothing compared with "Locked & Loaded" ... ;)

What? No RPGs or suppressed pistols in those shops? Probably can't get a decent Claymore mine either I bet... :)

Litmaster
Feb 16th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Ok, I have pic, but my phone won't let me post it. It will up on Monday. Oh! The excitement of it all!!!

There's something about a girl saying "I have a pic" that makes my mind.... well, nevermind. Probably better you don't know. :hsugh:

SoularSun
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:00 AM
awww man! I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I was driving around for 6 hours with my best friend who is a gun enthusiast!!

And I'm positive we drove by at least 6-7 gun shops, and very close to U of H (where the neighborhoods are just a bunch of non legit gun shops)

LiamKerrington
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM
What? No RPGs or suppressed pistols in those shops? Probably can't get a decent Claymore mine either I bet... :)

It depends on the legal status of your "shop", I assume ...
I never cared to ask, 'cause I think it has something to do with rockets. But what exactly is an RPG, if it is not a Role Playing Game?
edit: Ok, I just found out: RPG is a shouldered rocket launcher - the WA Wiki told me a second ago ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wait, Liam, you do not have an RPG?

scbubba
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:43 AM
It depends on the legal status of your "shop", I assume ...
I never cared to ask, 'cause I think it has something to do with rockets. But what exactly is an RPG, if it is not a Role Playing Game?
edit: Ok, I just found out: RPG is a shouldered rocket launcher - the WA Wiki told me a second ago ...

Just combine RPG with RPG: http://tasmancave.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-effective-is-panzerfaust-against.html

pinkstarmary
Feb 18th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Ok, here we go..
the wait is over!
Sorry so small...O_o

Wicked Sid
Feb 18th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Ok, here we go..
the wait is over!
Sorry so small...O_o

Does... Does that really say "Huntin' Supplies"?

Also, when people click the attachment it enlarges the image, no need to worry.

pinkstarmary
Feb 18th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Yup, they have hunting supplies. I got my first gun there. But didn't get to keep it. My ex decided it was his, so I took it away and donated it to the police that arrested him...:D

scbubba
Feb 18th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Yup, they have hunting supplies. I got my first gun there. But didn't get to keep it. My ex decided it was his, so I took it away and donated it to the police that arrested him...:D

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned (or who has her gun taken)"....

Cabbage Patch
Feb 18th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Ok, here we go..
the wait is over!
Sorry so small...O_o

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

pinkstarmary
Feb 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
So what's next?

Cabbage Patch
Feb 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM
So what's next?

Your turn to pick an example of something from the WA universe in your neighborhood and challenge the rest of us to find it.

pinkstarmary
Feb 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Ok, let me go searching... Oh, the fun of it all!!

Osiris
Feb 18th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Drives me nuts that I don't have time to devote to this thread. I'm going to have to make some time.

The One With the Markings
Feb 18th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Now I know where you all live...

pinkstarmary
Feb 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Good afternoon, W.A., Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves another supply run. You may select any two team members. May I suggest Riley and Datu. She needs more arrows for her bow. You have 72 hours to find a sporting goods store. As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, the disposal of them is left in your hands. Good luck. This message will self-destruct in five seconds.

scbubba
Feb 19th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Good afternoon, W.A., Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves another supply run. You may select any two team members. May I suggest Riley and Datu. She needs more arrows for her bow. You have 72 hours to find a sporting goods store. As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, the disposal of them is left in your hands. Good luck. This message will self-destruct in five seconds.

Plenty of archery supplies and camping equipment. Very little ammunition. Might need to find some folks that have the ammo stock piled next....

pinkstarmary
Feb 19th, 2013, 11:17 PM

Plenty of archery supplies and camping equipment. Very little ammunition. Might need to find some folks that have the ammo stock piled next....

We have a Weiner....oh wait, I mean winner :)

scbubba
Feb 20th, 2013, 04:16 AM
We have a Weiner....oh wait, I mean winner :)

Or both.... :)

I already had planned to go by the sporting goods store yesterday in my weekly quest to find a store with some ammo on the shelves. Alas, this well was dry... again....

Let me think up the next one. I got a couple of ideas. Will try to post the net challenge this evening (East Coast US time).

scbubba
Feb 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Alright everyone. We've got a good supply of water, some guns and ammo, and a lot of other survival supplies. That's good. But the situation is changing. We've found out about a group of people who were imprisoned at the federal penitentiary before all hell broke loose. The story is that they have taken over the local mall. We need someone to do some recon and get us some intel on this gang.

You have 72 hours to find the local mall. Get some good pics. We need to know as much as we possibly can.

Go!

LiamKerrington
Feb 21st, 2013, 05:54 AM
You, I did some reconnaissance. I went directly to the mall in my city - the so-called City Carreé ... And what am I supposed to report ... ?

I was not able to get into the place and take pictures there. The Master-Maller ruled out that taking pictures from the inside was forbidden to prevent Little Ones and Smart Ones from learning too much. But I was able to get 5 pictures from the outside by walking around the Mall clockwise ...

right side of the main entrance area

left side of the main entrance area

parking-lot and delivery entrance #1

back of the Mall - right side

back of the Mall - left side with delivery entrance #2

This location is to be found here on google-maps (http://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=52.152326,10.330485&hl=de&ll=52.151121,10.330485&spn=0.004654,0.010664&sll=52.151121,10.328447&sspn=0.004654,0.014752&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=17).

All the best!
Liam

scbubba
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:36 AM
You, I did some reconnaissance. I went directly to the mall in my city - the so-called City Carreé ... And what am I supposed to report ... ?

I was not able to get into the place and take pictures there. The Master-Maller ruled out that taking pictures from the inside was forbidden to prevent Little Ones and Smart Ones from learning too much. But I was able to get 5 pictures from the outside by walking around the Mall clockwise ...

This location is to be found here on google-maps (http://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=52.152326,10.330485&hl=de&ll=52.151121,10.330485&spn=0.004654,0.010664&sll=52.151121,10.328447&sspn=0.004654,0.014752&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=17).

All the best!
Liam

Great work, Liam! Your new call sign will be RoadRunner for the speed with which you carried out the recon mission! :)

Now, it's up to you to carry the missions forward. We await the next objective.

Meep meep! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsD-sePT3tY)

LiamKerrington
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Great work, Liam! Your new call sign will be RoadRunner for the speed with which you carried out the recon mission! :)

Now, it's up to you to carry the missions forward. We await the next objective.

Meep meep! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsD-sePT3tY)

Meep! Meep!
Just coincidence - lucky me! I had to do some shopping today anyway, so things fell into place ... :D

Ok, this is the challenge for the community:

One major trouble with the zeeh-pocalypse is medical care. You need bandages and stuff to treat wounds and maybe even broken limbs; you need plenty of various medication for whatever reason. And where would you find 'enough stuff'? Right so!
DundunDUNNNNNNNN!

Find a general hospital! You have time until including 23rd Feb 2013 from now on! You know them rules mentioned by Witch_Doctor: Any posting withing this time of span will receive the rep; the first one offering a location will be the next one to setup a new challenge.
If you happen to offer a hopsital with its own helicopter, you'll get an extra rep for this one!

All the best!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Feb 21st, 2013, 07:18 AM

All the best!
Liam

Great! The second picture even shows their guard tower. Good job Road Runner!

REZombie
Feb 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Meep! Meep!
Just coincidence - lucky me! I had to do some shopping today anyway, so things fell into place ... :D

Ok, this is the challenge for the community:

One major trouble with the zeeh-pocalypse is medical care. You need bandages and stuff to treat wounds and maybe even broken limbs; you need plenty of various medication for whatever reason. And where would you find 'enough stuff'? Right so!
DundunDUNNNNNNNN!

Find a general hospital! You have time until including 23rd Feb 2013 from now on! You know them rules mentioned by Witch_Doctor: Any posting withing this time of span will receive the rep; the first one offering a location will be the next one to setup a new challenge.
If you happen to offer a hopsital with its own helicopter, you'll get an extra rep for this one!

All the best!
Liam

I have intel on Hospital! Pics uploaded to base as soon as i get to a computer

Osiris
Feb 21st, 2013, 10:52 AM

All the best!
Liam

Damn. Someone's been busy.

REZombie
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:25 AM
I have intel on Hospital! Pics uploaded to base as soon as i get to a computer

Here are the pics of the hospital. As you can see, it has multiple towers, trauma center, cancer research and is a training hospital. Should have any medical supplies we would ever need. They also have a heliport and helicopter...but cant get to the 'copter for a pic. You will also see a satellite image of the grounds, towers, parking and heliport.

scbubba
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Here are the pics of the hospital. As you can see, it has multiple towers, trauma center, cancer research and is a training hospital. Should have any medical supplies we would ever need. They also have a heliport and helicopter...but cant get to the 'copter for a pic. You will also see a satellite image of the grounds, towers, parking and heliport.

Awesome work! Let's get some REP to REZombie....

LiamKerrington
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM

Awesome. Now we know where we be (actually: are, but I like 'be' here ...) able to find the ressources we need. Awesome. The second rep for the heli-extra you receive by the next best chance.

To all others: The 23rd has not passed yet; thus you still can earn rep if you add more hospital locations. This I state according to the rules being set by Witch_Doctor, which I absolutely like! This is just the picture-war-repivia ...

REZombie. The holy WA-olympic-flame-of-challenge-awesomeness now is with you. You are obliged to ask for the next challenge ... What shall we find and prove with pictures?

All the best!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:46 AM
here are the pics of the hospital. As you can see, it has multiple towers, trauma center, cancer research and is a training hospital. Should have any medical supplies we would ever need. They also have a heliport and helicopter...but cant get to the 'copter for a pic. You will also see a satellite image of the grounds, towers, parking and heliport.

Wake Forest University Hospital!!!

You get an extra Rep for finding the .... er.... Devil's Workshop
2456 Only way for me to top that would be to drive all the way back to Durham to get a picture of Duke Hospital.2461

REZombie
Feb 21st, 2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah, i live about 15mins from WFBH, so it worked out good for me when i saw we were looking for a hospital, lol.

Ok, we have water, guns, found the mall and have the hospital... Now we need some transportation! We need to send some scouts out to find any type of useful vehicle such as military or police. Humvee, SWAT van, military transport trucks etc. Bonus rep if you find a tanker truck while scouting! We must have this done within 4 days! our standard cars and trucks wont last much longer, and the generators need fuel!

sorry, pic blocked heavy by trees, but its military transport vehicles and humvee's.

LiamKerrington
Feb 21st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, i live about 15mins from WFBH, so it worked out good for me when i saw we were looking for a hospital, lol.

Ok, we have water, guns, found the mall and have the hospital... Now we need some transportation! We need to send some scouts out to find any type of useful vehicle such as military or police. Humvee, SWAT van, military transport trucks etc. Bonus rep if you find a tanker truck while scouting! We must have this done within 4 days! our standard cars and trucks wont last much longer, and the generators need fuel!

sorry, pic blocked heavy by trees, but its military transport vehicles and humvee's.

For how long do we search?

REZombie
Feb 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
For how long do we search?

Sorry, i left that out and had to edit it in. 4 days.

Sammy D
Feb 21st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Returning from my long exile and I see you guys have come up with an incredible idea! Woooooo! I'll be jumping into this one tom!

scbubba
Feb 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM

Ok, I was able to make a recon run today. I think the rainfall and cooler temps ar keeping the Zeeh activity down in this area.

Anyway, I did a drive by on a diesel fuel filling point. Here's a couple of pics I was able to get. I laid eyes on at least 5 tankers at 2 different pumps so this could be a very good place for us. There are 2 tankers in these pics. They are little bit hard to see.

2464 2465

Witch_Doctor
Feb 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Ok, I was able to make a recon run today. I think the rainfall and cooler temps ar keeping the Zeeh activity down in this area.

Anyway, I did a drive by on a diesel fuel filling point. Here's a couple of pics I was able to get. I laid eyes on at least 5 tankers at 2 different pumps so this could be a very good place for us. There are 2 tankers in these pics. They are little bit hard to see.

2464 2465

Be careful of any Dead end traps. I hear another group got attacked in the rain.

scbubba
Feb 22nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Be careful of any Dead end traps. I hear another group got attacked in the rain.

Good advice. I maintained a clear ingress and egress route as well as at least two alternates.

Let's stay alert and alive out there cupcakes!

OldtypeM87
Feb 22nd, 2013, 11:30 AM
Good advice. I maintained a clear ingress and egress route as well as at least two alternates.

Let's stay alert and alive out there cupcakes!

Speaking of cupcakes, food next?

LiamKerrington
Feb 22nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
As an aside: I like the way we put these tasks and challenges into the theme by adding fluff about avoiding them beasts and taking safety-measures ...

Litmaster
Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM

Ooooh yeah..... what about Burt's tuna sandwich? Or the bag of Cheetos that "just saved our asses"???

scbubba
Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
As an aside: I like the way we put these tasks and challenges into the theme by adding fluff about avoiding them beasts and taking safety-measures ...

Yeah, Kc ain't the only one with imagination skills..... :)

Witch_Doctor
Feb 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM

Ooooh yeah..... what about Burt's tuna sandwich? Or the bag of Cheetos that "just saved our asses"???

:tinfoil: Ding Dang guys! Stop reading my mind! :tinfoil:

REZombie
Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
We got the fuel...if no one can find military/police grade, we can make due with a standard hummer or truck for supplies..

Witch_Doctor
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
We got the fuel...if no one can find military/police grade, we can make due with a standard hummer or truck for supplies..

I've got a lead on the military hardware. Pictures soon.

REZombie
Feb 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I've got a lead on the military hardware. Pictures soon.
Starting to got nevous about the status of Witch Doctor.. no radio contact...i fear there may have been trouble

LiamKerrington
Feb 25th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Starting to got nevous about the status of Witch Doctor.. no radio contact...i fear there may have been trouble

Things may become difficult if you start taking pictures from the military; and things get even worse, if the military turned into zeehs ... ! Just hope for the best!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 25th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Things may become difficult if you start taking pictures from the military; and things get even worse, if the military turned into zeehs ... ! Just hope for the best!

Yeah, forgot about that. Naval ships galore out here but nobody drives around in Humvee WTF?

"Please, Sir. Don't shoot, I'm doing this for a podcast... It's called We're Al...... ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE!!! I was gonna say ALIVE, not Al Qu.... oh for Pete's sake!" O_o

scbubba
Feb 26th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Yeah, forgot about that. Naval ships galore out here but nobody drives around in Humvee WTF?

"Please, Sir. Don't shoot, I'm doing this for a podcast... It's called We're Al...... ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE!!! I was gonna say ALIVE, not Al Qu.... oh for Pete's sake!" O_o

Are you close to the USMC Amphib base? I haven't looked lately but that was there when I lived up that way. Or you could make the looooong trip up to the peninsula and check the AFB.... :)

I'll check the Nat'l Guard facility nearby. We gotta get some rugged transportation and diesel is better given the fuel station I found....

Stay alert and alive, cupcakes!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 26th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Are you close to the USMC Amphib base? I haven't looked lately but that was there when I lived up that way. Or you could make the looooong trip up to the peninsula and check the AFB.... :)

I'll check the Nat'l Guard facility nearby. We gotta get some rugged transportation and diesel is better given the fuel station I found....

Stay alert and alive, cupcakes!

Must have had a Michael, Angel, Saul moment and forgot completely about the Amory O_o.

Have the pictures now. Uploading them tonight.

Gotta rep you for this, when the forum will allow it.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Finally! I've completed this mission. Not only did I find the heavy military vehicles but I also found the Army Reserve (National Guard) Base.2481248224832484

Would have completed this sooner but I was chased by a couple of HUGE Zs. A cool bloke named.... uh..... Reese's Pieces helped me hide from them in this Water Tower.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Here is a mission for y'all. Find a hiding place or a place to escape from the Zs that's been featured in We're Alive. Water Tower, the trunk of a hybrid, the roof of a flower shop, elementary school... 24862487

You have one week from February 27th.

scbubba
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Very nicely done, WD. Some REP coming your way once the system let's me drop it on ya....

Now, time to go look for a good hiding spot!

(Edit: 700th post! Woo hoo, I have no life....)

Witch_Doctor
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM

Depends on what you have to.... uh.... bring to the table. :zombieglomp:
Take a picture and post a challenge. 'Dems da rules 'round here.' -Scratch

Witch_Doctor
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM

Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Were you bitten? :zombiepoke:

LiamKerrington
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM

Welcome to Zombie-World ... ;)

scbubba
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Were you bitten? :zombiepoke:

Nope, that would give me an after life... har har har....

:zombiegun:

REZombie
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Good find, WD! Will try to find some of those location on my supplies run tomorrow. :)

Litmaster
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Finally! I've completed this mission. Not only did I find the heavy military vehicles but I also found the Army Reserve (National Guard) Base.2481248224832484

Would have completed this sooner but I was chased by a couple of HUGE Zs. A cool bloke named.... uh..... Reese's Pieces helped me hide from them in this Water Tower.

Reese's Pieces!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh man, that shit is funny...

Witch_Doctor
Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Here is a mission for y'all. Find a hiding place or a place to escape from the Zs that's been featured in We're Alive. Water Tower, the trunk of a hybrid, the roof of a flower shop, elementary school... 24862487
You have one week from February 27th.

"Come out, come out where ever you are." -Angel
Hide & Seek ain't fun if you're not hiding. Don't get caught outside. Let find those hiding places.

LiamKerrington
Mar 2nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hi.

Will go for the elementary school in my village; water-trunk: looks bad; flower shop: looks bad; and hybrids are veeeeerrrrrrrry rare in my place ...

REZombie
Mar 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
On my personal scouting trip for a new handgun at the gun show tomorrow, I think I can snap a pic of some good locations. :)

REZombie
Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
well, I finally got pics of some good locations! here they are

Litmaster
Mar 3rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
well, I finally got pics of some good locations! here they are

Is that one on the left an elementary school? It looks like a church...

REZombie
Mar 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Is that one on the left an elementary school? It looks like a church...

Yep, Middle Fork Elementary (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=9WL&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.eWU&biw=1288&bih=623&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=middle+fork+elementary&fb=1&gl=us&hq=middle+fork+elementary&hnear=0x885300b62583be03:0x4ab713f1216cea05,Kerner sville,+NC&cid=0,0,2982592086679244722&sa=X&ei=1fczUdzQF47Y9ATjzIHoCA&ved=0CJMBEPwSMAA).. it does look like a church though...dunno why they built it like that.

If anyone is up for another supplies run?

We are in need of food, so the sooner you can head out the better!!! Be on the look out for any M.R.E.'s, canned peaches and/or a tuna sandwich! You have 3 days, be careful out there....I saw this really creepy zombie watching me from a roof top....he was different then the rest...never attacked, just watched...hard to see from that distance...but it looked like he was covered in tattoos.

REZombie
Mar 7th, 2013, 02:27 PM
anyone else wanna post up a challenge?

Witch_Doctor
Mar 7th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I can post another on Friday.

LiamKerrington
Mar 8th, 2013, 01:23 AM
How about this:

Mobile power-generator? Like those used on bigger construction-sites. We need one ...

All the best!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Mar 8th, 2013, 10:42 AM
This Public Service Announcement is brought to you by D.W. Witch Doctor.

Folks, don't take pictures and drive. OK, bye.

OK, so I live several blocks from a Coast Guard Base and I used to see Chinook helicopters daily. Over the last few years, I've seen almost none. As I'm leaving downtown I see one flying. All of a sudden I turn into Victor and Saul, chasing a flying Chinook through the city. The chase ended, fortunately, when I notice that my most easily handy camera didn't have a memory card. I decided that it wouldn't be worth driving off a bridge because I was driving over the bridge and while looking for my other camera.

Moral of the story: Don't take chances taking pictures.

I can see the headlines now:

Local Witch Doctor Rescued from Elizabeth River Near Naval Shipyard
Demands SAR crew dress like zombie victims for photo-op for an online audio drama.

Hmmm, free publicity? :rolleyes:

LiamKerrington
Mar 8th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Hi there,

Mobile power-generator? Like those used on bigger construction-sites. We need one ...

Then the power-generator it shall be:

Find one up until March 11th!

As per the rules: Anyone finding one and posting a picture of it here gets a rep!

All the best!
Liam

pinkstarmary
Mar 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Sorry guys, kind of went awol, hope y'all are finding every y'all need. I'm just hoping I don't get jumped out here. Here's a good one to listen to while y'all are trying to stay alive.

http://youtu.be/4YlTUDnsWMo

LiamKerrington
Mar 10th, 2013, 11:23 PM
My guts tells me this game is dead ... With 4-5 games (REPTrivia and REPTrivia Quizzes, What do you own, Never-Ending Linking Game, this one) currently active this is no wonder, right?

Anyway: My challenge is still active for more then half a day ... Does any of you find a mobile power-generator?
If there will be none, I call it a day for this game as well ...

All the best!
Liam

scbubba
Mar 11th, 2013, 12:25 PM
My guts tells me this game is dead ... With 4-5 games (REPTrivia and REPTrivia Quizzes, What do you own, Never-Ending Linking Game, this one) currently active this is no wonder, right?

Anyway: My challenge is still active for more then half a day ... Does any of you find a mobile power-generator?

All the best!
Liam

Well, I'm pretty much out. Broke my ankle yesterday afternoon so that puts my mobility down in the "zombiefood" levels.

And, unfortunately, I don't have a great story for this one. It involved racing my 4 yo son to the car and then hitting the hidden hole in the lawn. Big pop in my ankle. Big man laid out on the lawn. Day ruined.

Sammy D
Mar 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Well, I'm pretty much out. Broke my ankle yesterday afternoon so that puts my mobility down in the "zombiefood" levels.

And, unfortunately, I don't have a great story for this one. It involved racing my 4 yo son to the car and then hitting the hidden hole in the lawn. Big pop in my ankle. Big man laid out on the lawn. Day ruined.

Sorry to hear that dude! Prayers for a quick recovery! I have been spending a lot more time working than I am comfortable with lately and haven't been able to get around finding things.

LiamKerrington
Mar 11th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Yeah, what Sammy D says. I feel tempted to klick "Don't Like", because such a pain is nothing to like; but why would I want to reduce your rep for the accident you had? ;)
So, wish you well!

All the best!
Liam

scbubba
Mar 11th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys. Short of Zday breaking out in the next 4 - 6 weeks, I should survive.... :)

LiamKerrington
Mar 11th, 2013, 02:26 PM
We'll keep you covered. Take the sniper-rifle, we'll take chainsaws and smgs ...

Litmaster
Mar 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Oh man, that sucks! I broke my foot about 8 years ago and was on crutches for a few weeks. I remember thinking then I was a kid that having a cast and being on crutches was cool and fun. Yeah, maybe when you're seven. At 33 years old, they are definitely NOT cool or fun; just a real pain in the ass to move around.

So I hope you fare better than I did... and that you don't have a job that requires climbing long flights of stairs or lifting heavy objects!

scbubba
Mar 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM
We'll keep you covered. Take the sniper-rifle, we'll take chainsaws and smgs ...

Put a good scope on that thing and I can shoot a smiley face into a zombie's head from a few hundred yards. Just keep 'em at a distance and I'll lay 'em out...

scbubba
Mar 11th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Oh man, that sucks! I broke my foot about 8 years ago and was on crutches for a few weeks. I remember thinking then I was a kid that having a cast and being on crutches was cool and fun. Yeah, maybe when you're seven. At 33 years old, they are definitely NOT cool or fun; just a real pain in the ass to move around.

So I hope you fare better than I did... and that you don't have a job that requires climbing long flights of stairs or lifting heavy objects!

I hear ya. I was on crutches when I blew my knee out in a soccer game back when I was 22yo. 6 weeks on crutches was nothing then....

2 days on them at the age of 42 and I'm ready to order a wheelchair...

Fortunately, all I have to have to work is a recliner, my laptop, and some wifi. We got young guys at work to move the heavy stuff... :)

Witch_Doctor
Mar 11th, 2013, 08:02 PM

All the best!
Liam
I would say that the game has more of a zombie status than a dead one. More of a Romero zombie. Seems like fun but it turned out to be much harder to do in practice. The other games are easier to do while one is at one's computer. Taking pictures take more steps. Especially if travel is involved.

REZombie
Mar 11th, 2013, 11:15 PM
I enjoy the game a lot, just can't seem to find a big ass genny :p

LiamKerrington
Mar 12th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Ok. Since the power is not offline yet, we have some more time. I give you another three days (March 14th) to find a power-gen ...

Liam

REZombie
Mar 19th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Had a hell of a time getting back this time...ran into a pack of Z's and and had to hide out a couple days...then finally got out of that tight spot and then came across a behemoth it was horrible...nothing would stop it...it took days but I finally lost him....but I did find a genny! its a big one, but not portable...its gonna take some work...

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af63/zombiedeerhunter/0319131505_zpsac51e9a0.jpg

OldtypeM87
Mar 22nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
So I'm driving through Ohio and I passed a town called Englewood. I tried my best to get a pic of the watertower but only got the wood part of the tower. Couldn't get the highway signs either. Im gonna try on my say back to Indiana and post a picture.

OldtypeM87
Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:52 PM

Cabbage Patch
Apr 14th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Had a hell of a time getting back this time...ran into a pack of Z's and and had to hide out a couple days...then finally got out of that tight spot and then came across a behemoth it was horrible...nothing would stop it...it took days but I finally lost him....but I did find a genny! its a big one, but not portable...its gonna take some work...

REZ, my team found a mobile genny! Once we can start the towing vehicle we'll get it back to the Tower. Hope Datu can make it work!

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2563&d=1366003168

Witch_Doctor
Apr 15th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Super Duper Rep for you... When the powers that be allows it.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 15th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Hatchlings, this is Nest. Chickenhawk has located a large military helicopter. We've dispatched a team to get it back in flying order so we can use it for the move to Fort Irwin. It's a CH-3E Jolly Green Giant.

Datu is on the way to the helicopter with his tools. But he is short of some key maintenance supplies. We need all teams to drop their other activities and locate the following items for Datu:

1. Large roll of Duct Tape. Extra points if you can find something in a subdued or tactical color.

2. Wire clothes hangers.

3. Chewing gum, preferably "Big League Chew".

4. Ball Peen Hammer.

Post your discovery reports here!

Once Datu has his supplies it's just a matter of time before we have this bird in the air!

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2415&d=1360100708

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2411&d=1360100685

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2412&d=1360100694

LiamKerrington
Apr 15th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Nest, this is Nestling Gonzo: What is a "wire clothes hanger"?

scbubba
Apr 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Nest. Wild Turkey.

I was sure I heard someone on this channel proclaiming "No wire hangers, EVER!"

Please advise. Over.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Nest, this is Nestling Gonzo: What is a "wire clothes hanger"?

Nestling Gonzo, a wire clothes hanger is one of the most versatile tools known to mankind. It is approximately ½ meter of 12 gauge wire, twisted into a triangular shape, with a hook at the apex so that it can be used to hang a garment on a hook or rack. The complete hanger can be used to fashion tools, including expedient TV or radio antennae, or a probe that can be used to unlock the doors on any 70's era Ford or Chevy. It can be fashioned into a wicked weapon, both for swatting and for stabbing. You can also use pieces of the wire to secure, reinforce or repair damaged mechanical parts. It is an excellent expedient electrical conductor, though you must take care to properly insulate the wire between the contacts.

Sadly, due to the introduction of plastics, the wire clothes hanger is an endangered species. Which makes the few (billion) that remain precious.

Nest. Wild Turkey.

I was sure I heard someone on this channel proclaiming "No wire hangers, EVER!"

Please advise. Over.

Wild Turkey, we attribute that quote to Carson Kressley, from the TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". We suspect that he was talking about the mundane, clothes hanging function of the wire hanger. It is unlikely that he ever locked his keys in a Chevy Vega, and used a wire hanger to pop the lock, or repaired a helicopter by reinforcing a strut with scavanged hanger wire. Kressley was last seen fleeing from a crowd of biters along Sunset Boulevard.

Joan Crawford also said "No wire hangers, EVER!", but she seemed quite proficient at their expedient uses so we assume she was just kidding.

scbubba
Apr 15th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Nestling Gonzo, a wire clothes hanger is one of the most versatile tools known to mankind. It is approximately ½ meter of 12 gauge wire, twisted into a triangular shape, with a hook at the apex so that it can be used to hang a garment on a hook or rack. The complete hanger can be used to fashion tools, including expedient TV or radio antennae, or a probe that can be used to unlock the doors on any 70's era Ford or Chevy. It can be fashioned into a wicked weapon, both for swatting and for stabbing. You can also use pieces of the wire to secure, reinforce or repair damaged mechanical parts. It is an excellent expedient electrical conductor, though you must take care to properly insulate the wire between the contacts.

Sadly, due to the introduction of plastics, the wire clothes hanger is an endangered species. Which makes the few (billion) that remain precious.

Wild Turkey, we attribute that quote to Carson Kressley, from the TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". We suspect that he was talking about the mundane, clothes hanging function of the wire hanger. It is unlikely that he ever locked his keys in a Chevy Vega, and used a wire hanger to pop the lock, or repaired a helicopter by reinforcing a strut with scavanged hanger wire. Kressley was last seen fleeing from a crowd of biters along Sunset Boulevard.

Joan Crawford also said "No wire hangers, EVER!", but she seemed quite proficient at their expedient uses so we assume she was just kidding.

Roger Nest. Wire hangers for field expedient uses will be inbound to your position within 24 hours.

Also Nest, our team has had visual of a group of 4 biters in the Rodeo Dr area. They appear to be incredibly well dressed and, get this, strutting down the street. One was heard to growl "Oh no you didn't..." before pursuing us. Their pursuit ceased after roughly 5 steps. I swear I heard "Not in these shoes" as they broke off.

Wild Turkey out.

LiamKerrington
Apr 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM

Roger that. Thanks, over n' out.

LiamKerrington
Apr 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Nest, this is Nestling Gonzo again. Is this is a team effort - so would you like to have up to four nestlings each searching for one of the items; or do you expect one Nestling to find all items? I'd be able to serve at least one of the items (in fact two right now, maybe three a little later), but I prefer to live the team spirit ...

Over.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Nest, this is Nestling Gonzo again. Is this is a team effort - so would you like to have up to four nestlings each searching for one of the items; or do you expect one Nestling to find all items? I'd be able to serve at least one of the items (in fact two right now, maybe three a little later), but I prefer to live the team spirit ...

Over.

Copy that Nestling Gonzo. This bird of prey is is on the hunt.

Jive Turkey over & out.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Nest, this is Jive Turkey (Didn't realize there was a Wild Turkey) Will this fit on the helicopter?

Edit: Sorry there is no 'We're Alive' sign with it. I took this picture last year at an ASPCA fundraiser. Someone from the Dept. fo Homeland Security brought this to show the public. For some reason they didn't bring a bomb-sniffing dog to a dog event.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Nest, this is Jive Turkey (Didn't realize there was a Wild Turkey) Will this fit on the helicopter?

Jive Turkey, this is Nest. What is that, a riding lawn mower?

Cabbage Patch
Apr 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM

Over.

Nestling Gonzo, this is Nest. We need all scout teams looking for everything. Once you find something on the list let us know so the other teams can focus on the remaining items.

Also keep you eyes open for other things that might be useful. I like Jive Turkey's lawn mower thing, and it should fit nicely in the Jolly Green Giant.

LiamKerrington
Apr 16th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Nestling Gonzo, this is Nest. We need all scout teams looking for everything. Once you find something on the list let us know so the other teams can focus on the remaining items.

Also keep you eyes open for other things that might be useful. I like Jive Turkey's lawn mower thing, and it should fit nicely in the Jolly Green Giant.

Roger that. Am gathering stuff and transmitting picture asap ... Over 'n' out.

LiamKerrington
Apr 17th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Nest, this is Nestling Gonzo.

I found a ...

Ball Peen Hammer.

And I wondern if these additional items might come in handy ...

OVer 'n' Out.

Gonzo.

scbubba
Apr 17th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Nest. Wild Turkey.

We managed to snag a sample of the wire hangers available at a nearby location. We may have to send a fire team back to clear out some hostiles. Be advised that there are also large quantities of plastic bags and chemical solvents at this location but the recon team could not get them without alerting the hostiles.

Over.

http://i.imgur.com/s1gzRBW.jpg

Cabbage Patch
Apr 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Nest, this is Nestling Gonzo.

I found a ...

And I wondern if these additional items might come in handy ...

OVer 'n' Out.

Gonzo.

Nestling Gonzo, this is Nest. Great find. We have our Ball Peen Hammer and some nifty tools. Not sure if the sockets will work, since a 60's era US helicopter isn't going to have any metric bolts, but Datu appreciates everything your find!

Cabbage Patch
Apr 17th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Nest. Wild Turkey.

We managed to snag a sample of the wire hangers available at a nearby location. We may have to send a fire team back to clear out some hostiles. Be advised that there are also large quantities of plastic bags and chemical solvents at this location but the recon team could not get them without alerting the hostiles.

Over.

http://i.imgur.com/s1gzRBW.jpg

Wild Turkey, this is Nest. Great start! I know wire hangers are increasingly rare (darn you Carson!). Now we need some of the hangers that are wire all the way around. I would look deep in your closets, back where you keep your leisure suits!

Witch_Doctor
Apr 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Jive Turkey, this is Nest. What is that, a riding lawn mower?

No, silly cuckoo bird. That's K.O.D.I. Maybe with some sweat bottles, a giant doll, C4 and a remote controlled speaker we could.... I dunno, probably a bad idea.

LiamKerrington
Apr 17th, 2013, 11:49 AM
No, silly cuckoo bird. That's K.O.D.I. Maybe with some sweat bottles, a giant doll, C4 and a remote controlled speaker we could.... I dunno, probably a bad idea.

Good idea. Just think of a sitaution in which you need to land the chopper; then you could use the device in order to draw the attention of zeehs away from the chopper ...

Cabbage Patch
Apr 17th, 2013, 01:44 PM

Okay Jive Turkey, good find! When we're not using it to kill Z's it'll come in handy getting brewskis from the fridge when I'm too lazy to walk there!

LiamKerrington
Apr 18th, 2013, 07:33 AM
This is Nestling Gonzo,

look, what I found. Not exactly, what you were asking for, Nest, ...

1. Large roll of Duct Tape. Extra points if you can find something in a subdued or tactical color.

... but I guess close:

The two tape roles I marked with a red dot are for heavy duty purposes; the one with the green dot is close to duct tape.

Nestling Gonzo, over 'n' out.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 18th, 2013, 08:34 AM
A
This is Nestling Gonzo,

look, what I found. Not exactly, what you were asking for, Nest, ...

... but I guess close:

The two tape roles I marked with a red dot are for heavy duty purposes; the one with the green dot is close to duct tape.

Nestling Gonzo, over 'n' out.

Nestling Gonzo, this is Nest. Great find! Datu will be pleased, he's going through tons of tape! Keep your eyes open for the last item on the list...we still need chewing gum.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 18th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Complete wire hanger: Check
Hubba Bubba Big League Chew Bubble Gum: Check
WD-40 (You know the saying, Duct tape for things that move but shouldn't. WD-40 for things that should move but don't.): Check

Cabbage Patch
Apr 19th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Complete wire hanger: Check
Hubba Bubba Big League Chew Bubble Gum: Check
WD-40 (You know the saying, Duct tape for things that move but shouldn't. WD-40 for things that should move but don't.): Check

Jive Turkey this is Nest. Outstanding finds, special kudos for the WD-40! Datu should have the bird flying in no time. I'll be sending more rep your way and Gonzo Nestling's as soon as I've spread some more around.

LiamKerrington
Apr 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Nest, this is Nestling Gonzo,

since we have birt Mommy now and Datu is The Ressourceful again, we might need some fuel for Mommy. I am not certain ... But I guess, diesel and standard petrol won't make her fly, which is why I propose to send out a searching party to find kerosene.

Over.
Gonzo

Witch_Doctor
Apr 23rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Nest :omgomg: Nest :omgomg: Nest :omgomg:
Didn't Albatross say we needed more than one bird. Look what I found on top of this hospital. Only one catch, I think this might be the Blue Devil's Workshop.2580 Lots of Zs. SMART ONES too. Much smarter than those Zs over in Chapel Hill.

Witch_Doctor
Dec 9th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Bumping this to the top for all of the new guys!

We're having so much fun with the REP-ivia! thread that I'd thought we could add another game to keep us sane. While walking with my dog I read the sign on a small building near my neighborhood and lo and behold, guess what I found.

A WATER PUMPING STATION!
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2409&d=1360028158&thumb=1http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2408&d=1360028105&thumb=1

Here's the game, find a Place, Object or Person (Character) near you or your travels that represents something from We're Alive and post a picture of it on this thread challenging others to do the same.
Rules:
1) No stock images from the internet, so place a sign saying "We're Alive" in front of the image.
2) Put a deadline time limit on the challenge. Such as, "You have 48 hours" or "You have 3 days"
3) Rep each person who accepts your challenge before the deadline.
4) After a week has passed since a challenge has expired, anyone else can issue the same challenge so newbies can play too.

*** Please give me feed back on the rules of the game as I made them up on the fly.

I challenge you to find.....
The Water Pumping Station
You have 5 days. GO!

Witch_Doctor
Jun 14th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Bumping this to the top for the penultimate chapter.

Read the rules here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4067-We-re-Alive-Where-You-Live!!!&p=55493&viewfull=1#post55493) ad get out there and beat feet guys.

Your next assignment is to find a safe place to hold up. We're going back to where it all began.

Find a Tower!

Jannit
Jun 16th, 2014, 07:24 AM
I can't believe I'm just noticing this thread now! This is AWESOME. I'm going tower hunting after work, it seems.

wminscoe7
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Nest :omgomg: Nest :omgomg: Nest :omgomg:
Didn't Albatross say we needed more than one bird. Look what I found on top of this hospital. Only one catch, I think this might be the Blue Devil's Workshop.2580 Lots of Zs. SMART ONES too. Much smarter than those Zs over in Chapel Hill.

Hey. Blue devils! We are in the same neck of the woods! Although I'm a Tarheel fan. Loved your post! I'm on to find a tower, just found this post.

Eviebae
Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:07 PM
I just found this too! Awesome sauce!

Mclovin27
Aug 9th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Ok whats the current challeng lol, i saw the genarator and was like dang thats to far back becuase we have the perfect gensets here lol, and i just realized i can not upload a pic from my phone, let me saw booooooo as i live on the work sire for months at a time

Grognaurd
Jun 6th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Modern Sofa, big TV? Not many flat screens way back when...

Meh, I still suck at this stuff...

Witch_Doctor
Jun 6th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Modern Sofa, big TV? Not many flat screens way back when...

Meh, I still suck at this stuff...

Ha!!! Rooming with Riley and Pegs Three's Company Style. Nice. Hey, It's great to see you back on the forum.

KPCoyote
Jun 13th, 2016, 07:11 AM
I know that it has been asked in the past. But, what would it take to get We're Alive to do Live shows across the U.S. Or even go International? Yes, I know money is a big factor. However, I see the likes of Nightvale going around doing live shows and I wonder what the difference is? I admit that I do not know the first thing about this issue. And I do understand that there are more sound effects in We're Alive shows.
It is just obvious to me that KC's work far exceeds the quality of Welcome to Nightvale, or other shows like it. I want nothing more than continued success, ....... And more content.... Lots more content. :D

Kat E
Jun 13th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I know that it has been asked in the past. But, what would it take to get We're Alive to do Live shows across the U.S. Or even go International? Yes, I know money is a big factor. However, I see the likes of Nightvale going around doing live shows and I wonder what the difference is? I admit that I do not know the first thing about this issue. And I do understand that there are more sound effects in We're Alive shows.
It is just obvious to me that KC's work far exceeds the quality of Welcome to Nightvale, or other shows like it. I want nothing more than continued success, ....... And more content.... Lots more content. :D

For an analogy. Think of taking a band on tour, especially a band whose band members went their separate ways and are now going to do a greatest hits tour. The members are doing their solo thing or are with new bands, so just coordinating their schedules would be a gigantic hurdle and headache. Then there's the stage guys, sound and lighting tech crew, let alone the backstage production people that need to be transported from place to place and housed and fed. Locating and booking the right sized venues, as well as the cost of promoting the gigs. The CD and T-shirt sales are sometimes the difference of making money or not on a tour. The only people guaranteed to make money are the venues.

Yes an audio drama likely doesn't have to truck around drum kits and stacks of Marshall amps, but the planning, coordination and associated costs would not be much different from a band.

KPCoyote
Jun 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
For an analogy. Think of taking a band on tour, especially a band whose band members went their separate ways and are now going to do a greatest hits tour. The members are doing their solo thing or are with new bands, so just coordinating their schedules would be a gigantic hurdle and headache. Then there's the stage guys, sound and lighting tech crew, let alone the backstage production people that need to be transported from place to place and housed and fed. Locating and booking the right sized venues, as well as the cost of promoting the gigs. The CD and T-shirt sales are sometimes the difference of making money or not on a tour. The only people guaranteed to make money are the venues.

Yes an audio drama likely doesn't have to truck around drum kits and stacks of Marshall amps, but the planning, coordination and associated costs would not be much different from a band.

Good points.

Kat E
Jun 13th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Good points.

Now there are times where it could work by sharing a lot of the inherent costs by joining another tour band or production. Like being an opening act for a band or being the headliner. In this case, audio dramas or podcasts on tour.

KPCoyote
Jun 13th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Now there are times where it could work by sharing a lot of the inherent costs by joining another tour band or production. Like being an opening act for a band or being the headliner. In this case, audio dramas or podcasts on tour.

I'm just going to buy lottery tickets until I win and can make a huge donation. It's a dream I have.

nhathongminh
Jun 21st, 2019, 12:39 AM
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

gulsimsur
Apr 18th, 2022, 10:38 AM
here in Germany we have only small shops providing stuff for professional hunters and marksman-sportsters. dickssportinggoods feedback (https://www.surveyzop.com/dickssportinggoods-feedback/) www.lowes.com survey (https://www.surveyzop.com/lowes-survey/)

maafkari4
Jun 6th, 2022, 06:28 AM
Awesome CP!! Good Job. That's more in line with how I imagined the one in the story looked.