PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 33 Remaster

Kc
Jan 30th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Group for Chapter 33 Remaster

Instructions for editing found here: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4051-How-to-QC!-What-we-need-you-to-do

LiamKerrington
Feb 1st, 2013, 01:29 PM
First Listening was good. Will give it another shot tomorrow and on Sunday.

LiamKerrington
Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hi there,

this time with the comparison of the original MP3-download file with the remastered version:
1) 13:21-13:22 Transition from cantine-scene to visiting Tanya: the swap from fading out rock'n'roll to bubble-ambiente is kind of inelegant, because the fading rock'n'roll plays high notes - but only, if you 'care' about it or pay a lot of attention to it ... (it's the same in both the original and the remastered); maybe if you cut about halfto 3/4 of a second a the end of the rock'n'roll theme or fade-out the rock'n'roll 100%, add a 1/4 of a sec silence, and then start the bubble-ambiente ... (like between 19:25 and 19:30)?
2) 13:30-15.27 Some of the high pitched footsteps in the background may be mistaken for clicking noises during Michael's monologue. (same in both original and remastered)
3) 16:30,5-16:31,3 'click' 'knack' ... fx on purpose? (same in both original and remastered)
4) 27:00 Robbins "I kick kick your ass!" - Really? Double-kick? Is this kind of a saying in the US? (same in both original and remastered)
5) 34:17-34:26 noise clicking when Blackhawk crew finds little-one in the trees - clicking on purpose, 'cause it get s a lot more when the little-one starts its attack on the crew, and yet the clicking stops abruptly? (same in both original and remastered)
6) 42:10-40:30 background noise could be a little more silent (same in both original and remastered)
7) As an aside: The autopsy is plain and simple: AWESOME!

x) In general: the comparison between the original file and the remastered was a (just near?) perfect match. The above-mentioned is kind of a nitpicking; if (most of) these things are just "nothing", I would instead just confirm my first posting from 1st Feb.

All the best!
Liam

Cabbage Patch
Feb 4th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Liam has a keener ear for the audio details than me. I only have two notes.

25:14, When we first switch to the Blackhawk out of Boulder, the background sound seems more like waves washing ashore than wind noise.

58:36, Carl asks "didn't you read my report", I thought this section was going to be changed to reflect the report just having arrived on the same plane as Carl.

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Liam has a keener ear for the audio details than me. I only have two notes.

25:14, When we first switch to the Blackhawk out of Boulder, the background sound seems more like waves washing ashore than wind noise.

58:36, Carl asks "didn't you read my report", I thought this section was going to be changed to reflect the report just having arrived on the same plane as Carl.

Thank you very much. That's really kind of you. But I am not sure, whether it was my ears or just the will "to write things down, which bothered me a bit"... ;)
Anyway:
- Your water-impression struck me as well and I thought about writing it down; but I left it w/o reason;
- And as for the report: right, this was (heavily) debated on the epsiode-discussion.

All the best!
Liam

Kc
Feb 4th, 2013, 08:55 AM
No nathan, huh? Hmmm...

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2013, 08:55 AM
No nathan, huh? Hmmm...

???
Who is Nathan?

Kc
Feb 4th, 2013, 08:57 AM
He was the 3rd person for quality control.

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Ah, O.K.
And no idea ... Maybe he's still on it ...

Nathan.Luiz
Feb 4th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Should have mine up in the next hour or so, just going for a final listen through.

Nathan.Luiz
Feb 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Only got 1 thing in addition to what has already been said

Around 6:30, audio seems to fade a bit as Puck starts talking (Might be intentional)

Anghil
Feb 4th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Appreciate all your help. Thanks for the input!