PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive REP-ivia!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Ok, so I got inspired to start this new thread, where forum regulars could post various trivia questions and quotes and so forth for other forum members to solve. First one to get the correct answer gets REP'd by the question asker. I thought it would be a good way to promote the Reputation System (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1619-The-Reputation-System) and also to kill some time between now and Season 4...

So, some ground rules:

1. Please limit your quote or trivia question to one per post.

2. Be sure to check back often and REP the first person who chimes in with the correct answer.

3. If you posed the question, be sure to either confirm or deny the correctness of the answer so that others can have a shot at it if the first answer is wrong.

4. You can make your trivia questions as hard or easy as you like, depending on how valuable you think your REP is... :)

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Ok, so I'll get the ball rolling with an easy one: Which character made the following quote?

"SHOOT THAT BITCH IN THE FACE!"

+REP to the first correct answer that posts below! :yay:

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Ok, so I'll get the ball rolling with an easy one: Which character made the following quote?

"SHOOT THAT BITCH IN THE FACE!"

+REP to the first correct answer that posts below! :yay:

Michael says it when the tower gets overrun after the flower potting incident.

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Michael says it when the tower gets overrun after the flower potting incident.

Of course. I was hoping some newbie would chime in with the answer to that one.

Ok, Witch Doctor... why don't you serve up one? I'll give someone else a chance to answer first...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Here's a question.
Of the following characters, which ones do NOT tell a story about themselves of some part of their life before the outbreak?
Note: Previous occupation alone does not count as background story. First to name them all get's the Rep.

The Choices:

Michael
Angel
Saul
Riley
Pegs
Datu
Lizzy
Kelly
Burt
Puck
Scratch

:brains:

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Of course. I was hoping some newbie would chime in with the answer to that one.

Ok, Witch Doctor... why don't you serve up one? I'll give someone else a chance to answer first...

Doh!!!! My bad. I can delete it, if you want.:o

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Doh!!!! My bad. I can delete it, if you want.:o

Nah, It's cool.

Osiris
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Here's a question.
Of the following characters, which one(s) do(es) NOT give a background story of some part of their life before the outbreak?
Note: Previous occupation alone does not count as background story.

Michael
Angel
Saul
Riley
Pegs
Datu
Lizzy
Kelly
Burt
Puck
Scratch

Gotta go with Puck, though I'm certain that I'm wrong.

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Hey! How the fuck do you make a spoiler tag on this thing??? Anyone know?

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Question:

This is a two parter. A quote of a quote. What character says the following quote from a movie?
"We will spare your lives. Just walk away."

Name the character and the movie.

UPDATE: The correct answer was given by WhiskyDis! See WickedSid's answer here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=54174#post54174).

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Ok so this is in the category of 'EVERYTHING ELSE'... Nik told me we gotta use spoiler tags. So here's another--a HARD one, open to anyone--as it probably requires you to go back and listen:

How many times does the 'poor angry bastard' on the highway at the beginning of the story honk his horn at Michael before he gets chomped???

+REP to the first correct answer!

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Question:

This is a two parter. A quote of a quote. What character says the following quote from a movie?

Name the movie.

It should be name the character AND the movie... !

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Yo! Bitch!

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Yo! Bitch!
I guest that's not it!:cool:

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Yo! Bitch!

Litmaster
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Yo! Bitch!

NICE! Got it! Thanks, WD. Nik said we gotta use spoiler tags in the 'Everything Else' forum, so...

Red Shirt
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Question:

That would be:

Lord Humongous in Mad Max 2, The Road Warrior.

Wicked Sid
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Question:

Burt quotes the character Humongous (I have no idea if I've spelled it correctly) from the film Mad Max 2 (The road warrior?).

Wicked Sid
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM
This one's a question:

Who is the first character that Kc Wayland plays in the series "We're Alive"?

Wicked Sid
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I'm fine with it. I'm one of the only exceptions round these parts, so not really a point in creating a new system to replace that alright one just to cater to little ol' me.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Question:

Gonna have to give this to Wicked Sid. He answered the name of the We're Alive Character and the movie from which the quote originally came.

Burt quotes the character Humongous (I have no idea if I've spelled it correctly) from the film Mad Max 2 (The road warrior?).
Man, writing clear and fair questions is harder than answering them.

Osiris
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Question:

It's technically an incorrect quote. The line from the movie is: "I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you...." While I know the answer, I'll leave it for someone else.

Addendum

It was answered while I trying to verify the quote before posting.

Osiris
Jan 9th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Gonna have to give this to Wicked Sid. He answered the name of the We're Alive Character and the movie from which the quote originally came.

Man, writing clear and fair questions is harder than answering them.

Gonna have to give it to Red Shirt. Considering the ambiguity of the question, he answered correct. You never specified "What 'We're Alive' character in the original question. Just which character.

Which character says the following quote from a move: "We will spare your lives. Just walk away."

So what exactly are you asking? What character from which movie? Which character and what movie? Which character was quoted by a We're Alive character, and what movie was it from? It is sort of murky, bro.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Gonna have to give it to Red Shirt. Considering the ambiguity of the question, he answered correct. You never specified "What 'We're Alive' character in the original question. Just which character.
Which character says the following quote from a move: "We will spare your lives. Just walk away."
So what exactly are you asking? What character from which movie? Which character and what movie? Which character was quoted by a We're Alive character, and what movie was it from? It is sort of murky, bro.

Agreed

Witch_Doctor
Jan 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah! We're getting a good response!

I'm thinking now we should orient the trivia questions for those who have killed
1-5 zombies
6-10 zombies
11-15 zombies
a runner and any specialty zombies
Bad Mutha Fucka and above
Of course, guys like Wicked Sid have been around forever, so I don 't know if that's the best system...

Good idea. Do we say something like, 'This question is for members who've killed x-y zombies?'

Osiris
Jan 9th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Agreed

Which is part of what makes you a good, and worthy member. You're always willing to listen to the voice of reason.

HardKor
Jan 9th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I've got a question for either the 1-5 or 6-10 crowd
How many floors did The Tower have?

LiamKerrington
Jan 10th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Hi.

Sweet idea.

This is, how spoilerage worx:

square bracket SPOILER square bracket *spoilered information* square bracket slash SPOILER square bracket
[ SPOILER] spoilered information [/SPOILER]
(In the first tag I added a 'space/blank character' in order to let you see, how it worx.
So it looks like this in the end, if you leave out the blank space:
spoilered information

@Nikvoodoo: How about putting this thing into, uh, well EPISODE DISCUSSIONS?

All the best!
Liam

Litmaster
Jan 10th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Good idea. Do we say something like, 'This question is for members who've killed x-y zombies?'

Yeah, I guess so. This could prevent old timers from spoiling the fun for newbies...

Perhaps it's simpler to just have two categories of questions (easy / hard )- easy for newbies (3 months or less registered) and hard for everyone else. I don't want to over-complicate this thing...

So no answers for the horn question?

Litmaster
Jan 10th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Hi.

Sweet idea.

This is, how spoilerage worx:

square bracket SPOILER square bracket *spoilered information* square bracket slash SPOILER square bracket
[ SPOILER] spoilered information [/SPOILER]
(In the first tag I added a 'space/blank character' in order to let you see, how it worx.
So it looks like this in the end, if you leave out the blank space:
spoilered information

@Nikvoodoo: How about putting this thing into, uh, well EPISODE DISCUSSIONS?

All the best!
Liam

Yeah. Given that the whole thread is going to contain spoilers, it's going to be a pain in the ass using tags for every single question. I tried to go back and edit the thread title to read *CONTAINS SPOILERS!* but there isn't an option for that once you submit the thread title.

** I sent a PM to Nik, so hopefully he can help fix the situation...**

nikvoodoo
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Post moved. Spoilers allowed so have at it.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM
This one's a question:

This one's an answer:

Kc Wayland plays Micheal's college professor who attempts to give a quiz to the class.

I'm not sure if this would fall under the HARD category.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Gonna count this question as Medium.

Why is it fitting that Burt's call sign is Raven?

Hint: You would have to use knowledge gained from outside of We're Alive but the connection is very fitting of Burt. Out of all probable answers there is one that would be most likely correct.

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Gonna count this question as Medium.

Why is it fitting that Burt's call sign is Raven?

Is it actually explained in the series? Or is this based on speculation?

Witch_Doctor
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM
This question should be Hard.

As of the end of the Third Season, how many times has the term INKLING been used to describe the little ones with the numbers on the We're Alive program?

UPDATE: This question was answered correctly By scbubba. See his answer here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54218&viewfull=1#post54218).

Witch_Doctor
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Is it actually explained in the series? Or is this based on speculation?

Speculation, but out of all probable answers there is one that the most likely. You would have to use knowledge gained from outside of We're Alive but the connection is very fitting of Burt.

scbubba
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
This question should be Hard.

As of the end of the Third Season, how many times has the term INKLING been used to describe the little ones with the numbers on the We're Alive program?

I'ma say "Zero" to that one, my friend....

scbubba
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Here's a question.
Of the following characters, which ones do NOT give a background story of some part of their life before the outbreak?
Note: Previous occupation alone does not count as background story. First to name them all get's the Rep.
Hint: There are Five

The Choices:

Michael
Angel
Saul
Riley
Pegs
Datu
Lizzy
Kelly
Burt
Puck
Scratch

Angel, Pegs, Kelly, Puck, Scratch....

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Speculation, but out of all probable answers there is one that the most likely. You would have to use knowledge gained from outside of We're Alive but the connection is very fitting of Burt.

Hmmm. That really opens a door to interpretation of the character's archetype. Not so much trivia. Trivia really should fall into the category of absolute truth.

HardKor
Jan 10th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Here's a question.
Of the following characters, which ones do NOT give a background story of some part of their life before the outbreak?
Hint: There are Five

The Choices:

Michael
Angel
Saul
Riley
Pegs
Datu
Lizzy
Kelly
Burt
Puck
Scratch

I'll take a shot and say:
Michael, Angel, Pegs, Kelly, and Puck

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 03:49 PM

I'd agree with that. But I need to go back and listen to a few episodes to confirm Kelly's total lack of backstory, as well as Michael's. Something about a beach house.

I wonder if Michael would count, since we get a glimpse into his life 'before' the outbreak in the very first chapter. He's in school (not really an occupation), and he's military . . . .

Is it a grey area or am I over-thinking?

nikvoodoo
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Michael definitely does not apply to this list. Michael's opening monologue is entirely back story.

This is a hard question because its not clear what is meant by backstory. Does backstory include Tommy and Kelly arguing about leaving his sister behind? That's backstory.

Angel doesn't tell us his backstory, but we learned about it from scratch. Does that count?

Pegs dad was a pilot and taught her to fly. That's backstory.

Puck told us why he's there and where he came from.

So my answer is none of the listed characters qualifies.

Hell even Todd has a backstory.

Kc
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Michael definitely does not apply to this list. Michael's opening monologue is entirely back story.

This is a hard question because its not clear what is meant by backstory. Does backstory include Tommy and Kelly arguing about leaving his sister behind? That's backstory.

Angel doesn't tell us his backstory, but we learned about it from scratch. Does that count?

I think Nikvoodoo's close. I can think of only 1 that's pretty minimal.

Kc
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Ok Here's a few. I'll play along:

1. What was the flag on the yacht, and what did it mean?

B. What was the first sign that the Z's (or whatever you want to call them) could eat things other than living?

III. Does Burt have a brother or sister?

If you answer, you must 'splain.

ALSO. Spoilers allowed in this thread now so no need to put those blocks in.

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Ok Here's a few. I'll play along:

1. What was the flag on the yacht, and what did it mean?

B. What was the first sign that the Z's (or whatever you want to call them) could eat things other than living?

III. Does Burt have a brother or sister?

If you answer, you must 'splain.

ALSO. Spoilers allowed in this thread now so no need to put those blocks in.

1. There were two. The first is a white flag with a red diamond meaning "Disabled". The second "looked" like an American flag, which would lead me to believe it is the U.S. Yacht Ensign flag.
B. I want to say it was in Desperate Times, part 3 when the Z was eating the dog food. Probably wrong on that one though.
III. Tough as balls. No clue on this one.

Kc
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:50 PM
1. There were two. The first is a white flag with a red diamond meaning "Disabled". The second "looked" like an American flag, which would lead me to believe it is the U.S. Yacht Ensign flag.

#1 is correct. 2, is much later in the series than the example I was thinking of.

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 04:53 PM
#1 is correct. 2, is much later in the series than the example I was thinking of.

Figured. I remember "something" earlier . . . but it just happened that I was listening to chapter 15 just an hour ago so it was fresh in my head.

nikvoodoo
Jan 10th, 2013, 05:04 PM
The answer to kc's #2 was in the grocery store early on just before Angel and Saul found Burt. There was canned food eaten open if I recall correctly.

As for backstory, the closest thing I can think of in terms of a "main character" with no backstory is Muldoon.

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 05:12 PM
The answer to kc's #2 was in the grocery store early on just before Angel and Saul found Burt. There was canned food eaten open if I recall correctly.

As for backstory, the closest thing I can think of in terms of a "main character" with no backstory is Muldoon.

Not a main character though. The main characters would be characters that appeared in the first season. The rest would have to be considered auxiliary.

nikvoodoo
Jan 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Not a main character though. The main characters would be characters that appeared in the first season. The rest would have to be considered auxiliary.

I know. But I don't think any of the choices given answer the question.

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I know. But I don't think any of the choices given answer the question.

Coming up with a good trivia question is difficult if you're not 1000% knowledgeable.

Litmaster
Jan 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Here's a (relatively) hard one for anyone to chime in:

Which character makes the following quote: "YES! Oh, yes! In your face ! And the pimp goes down!"

Name:
1) Which character made the quote
2) To whom was the quote spoken, and
3) The circumstances in which the quote was made.

Correct answer to all three will earn you a REP from the Lit-Meister... !

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 06:53 PM

Which character makes the following quote: "YES! Oh, yes! In your face ! And the pimp goes down!"

Name:

Ibsomebodyfucksapie

Witch_Doctor
Jan 10th, 2013, 07:54 PM

Name:

1) Lizzy
2) Saul
3) Lizzy won the bet over the Zombies' ability to drive the car to set a trap.

Red Shirt
Jan 10th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I've got a question for either the 1-5 or 6-10 crowd
How many floors did The Tower have?

I don't think any one took a stab at this one... Datu answered this in, I believe in part three of the first chapter:
Fourteen, but the floor 'count' goes to fifteen because there is no thirteenth floor.

Name:

I'll bite.

My memory is telling me:

1) Lizzy
2) To Saul
3) The bet over Lizzy's idea about smart zombies setting the ambush they found on the way to get a fuel truck. They opened the car door and it stunk like zombie.

nikvoodoo
Jan 10th, 2013, 07:57 PM

Name:

If I wake up and no one has answered, I'm takin' this one.

Edit: or two people can answer while I'm slowly typing

Red Shirt
Jan 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Edit: or two people can answer while I'm slowly typing

Snap

Almost had posted Burt. had to go back in to correct it.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Here's a question.
Of the following characters, which ones do NOT tell a story about themselves of some part of their life before the outbreak?

The Choices:

Michael
Angel
Saul
Riley
Pegs
Datu
Lizzy
Kelly
Burt
Puck
Scratch

Angel, Pegs, Kelly, Puck, Scratch....

I'd agree with that. But I need to go back and listen to a few episodes to confirm Kelly's total lack of backstory, as well as Michael's. Something about a beach house.

I wonder if Michael would count, since we get a glimpse into his life 'before' the outbreak in the very first chapter. He's in school (not really an occupation), and he's military . . . .

Is it a grey area or am I over-thinking?

This is a hard question because its not clear what is meant by backstory. Does backstory include Tommy and Kelly arguing about leaving his sister behind? That's backstory. This takes place after the outbreak.

Angel doesn't tell us his backstory, but we learned about it from scratch. Does that count? which ones do NOT give a background story

I think Nikvoodoo's close. I can think of only 1 that's pretty minimal. "YES! Oh, yes! In your face ! And the pimp goes down!"

This is a Fact: Victor was married, wife was like Frodo, he sold insurance.
This is a Story: "Back when I was little, I used to enjoy watching Looney Toons while eating bacon. My older brother, Willie, would tease me, saying that if I kept eating so much bacon that I would someday make noises like a pig. Sometimes he would hold me down and draw cartoon characters on me with a marker. I would cry so hard that when our mother would come into the room my sobs made me stutter. Willie really got a kick out of making me talk like Porky Pig. One day I took a permanent marker and drew all over his face. Boy, did he really loose it." - Duncan Roberts

HardKor
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I don't think any one took a stab at this one... Datu answered this in, I believe in part three of the first chapter:
Fourteen, but the floor 'count' goes to fifteen because there is no thirteenth floor.

Ding Ding Ding! You are correct sir!

Osiris
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM
This is a Story: "Back when I was little, I used to enjoy watching Looney Toons while eating bacon. My older brother, Willie, would tease me, saying that if I kept eating so much bacon that I would someday make noises like a pig. Sometimes he would hold me down and draw cartoon characters on me with a marker. I would cry so hard that when our mother would come into the room my sobs made me stutter. Willie really got a kick out of making me talk like Porky Pig. One day I took a permanent marker and drew all over his face. Boy, did he really loose it." - Duncan Roberts

This is the definition of backstory

Noun

A history or background created for a fictional character in a motion picture or television program.
Similar background information about a real person or thing that promotes fuller understanding of it.

Both of your examples fall into the definition of the word.

Further, your example of story is anecdotal narrative. Is that what you were looking for when you asked the question, or are you just being frustrated by the confusion that it has caused? Anecdotal narrative relates events of the character's past, while backstory tends to provide information that has formative value to the character in question. Why he's afraid of the dark or why he can't go into small spaces. How his father used to beat him, and even though he screamed and cried for her to help, his mother would just close the kitchen door and turn up the radio, which is why he doesn't give a shit that he's dying of lung cancer and is refusing to see him. Also why he doesn't blame his mother; she was going through the same abuse with him.

However, why is he so good at reading people? He was an insurance salesman! You say that it's fact, I say it's backstory. You say his brother drawing on his face is backstory, I say it's a past event and therefore, fact.

If we're going to split hairs . . .

Witch_Doctor
Jan 11th, 2013, 01:26 AM
This is the definition of backstory

Noun

A history or background created for a fictional character in a motion picture or television program.
Similar background information about a real person or thing that promotes fuller understanding of it.

Both of your examples fall into the definition of the word.

Further, your example of story is anecdotal narrative. Is that what you were looking for when you asked the question, or are you just being frustrated by the confusion that it has caused? Anecdotal narrative relates events of the character's past, while backstory tends to provide information that has formative value to the character in question. Why he's afraid of the dark or why he can't go into small spaces. How his father used to beat him, and even though he screamed and cried for her to help, his mother would just close the kitchen door and turn up the radio, which is why he doesn't give a shit that he's dying of lung cancer and is refusing to see him. Also why he doesn't blame his mother; she was going through the same abuse with him.

However, why is he so good at reading people? He was an insurance salesman! You say that it's fact, I say it's backstory. You say his brother drawing on his face is backstory, I say it's a past event and therefore, fact.

If we're going to split hairs . . .

Sooooooooooo, do you understand the question, or not?

However, why is he so good at reading people? He was an insurance salesman! You say that it's fact, I say it's backstory. Does he tell it like a story? Is there a 'Once upon a time' at the beginning or a 'Happily ever after' at the end? Also, your conclusion that he reads people well due to his occupation as an insurance salesman is not a story told by the character but a profile of the character inferred by you. (Please don't start parsing the word 'profile')

You say his brother drawing on his face is backstory, I say it's a past event and therefore, fact. I presented a story told by the character, not by myself. That is, the character, Duncan, tells a story, anecdote, narrative, account, testimony, big ol whopper or what ever about an event in his past.

Also, you're using the term backstory in a esoteric sense. The question states 'background story,' and is addressed to people, whom I assume are not creative writing PhDs. Two words: 1) Background 2) Story

Sooooooooo, do you understand the question or are you splitting hairs because of your frustration from over thinking it?

7oddisdead
Jan 11th, 2013, 02:33 AM
somebody! Hand me a thesaurus!

Litmaster
Jan 11th, 2013, 03:12 AM
1) Lizzy
2) Saul
3) Lizzy won the bet over the Zombies' ability to drive the car to set a trap.

I'll bite.

My memory is telling me:

1) Lizzy
2) To Saul
3) The bet over Lizzy's idea about smart zombies setting the ambush they found on the way to get a fuel truck. They opened the car door and it stunk like zombie.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER! Damn, you guys are good. Witch Doctor was first in on this one, closely followed by Red Shirt (and probably Nik if he wasn't sleeping).

Unfortunately, the Automated Forum Nazi tells me that I must 'spread some REP around' before giving it to you guys, so let's just say I owe ya...

Litmaster
Jan 11th, 2013, 03:15 AM
One more before I go to work... you bitches got the other one too easy, so I've upped the ante.

Make sure you 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' when you answer this one, so we don't get confused on which question you are answering:

What was the title of the book that Kelly starts reading just before falling asleep on guard duty?

clem131
Jan 11th, 2013, 05:20 AM
One more before I go to work... you bitches got the other one too easy, so I've upped the ante.

Make sure you 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' when you answer this one, so we don't get confused on which question you are answering:

What was the title of the book that Kelly starts reading just before falling asleep on guard duty?

Maria's Destiny!
(well, this is gonna be a pulitzer!)

clem131
Jan 11th, 2013, 05:34 AM
I have one:

who plays the officer who gets punched in the face by Burt in Vietnam the night a tuna sandwich saved his life?

Osiris
Jan 11th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Sooooooooooo, do you understand the question, or not?

Does he tell it like a story? Is there a 'Once upon a time' at the beginning or a 'Happily ever after' at the end? Also, your conclusion that he reads people well due to his occupation as an insurance salesman is not a story told by the character but a profile of the character inferred by you. (Please don't start parsing the word 'profile')

I presented a story told by the character, not by myself. That is, the character, Duncan, tells a story, anecdote, narrative, account, testimony, big ol whopper or what ever about an event in his past.

Also, you're using the term backstory in a esoteric sense. The question states 'background story,' and is addressed to people, whom I assume are not creative writing PhDs. Two words: 1) Background 2) Story

Sooooooooo, do you understand the question or are you splitting hairs because of your frustration from over thinking it?

Again, your idea of clarity leaves much to be desired. In that case, there isn't a single main character that has not. They have all related a story of their past. I believe you require use of a dictionary, since I'm applying the most base definitions of the words. If you want me to get deep . . . we might be here for a long time. Now, feel free to argue the point further, or simply reconsider the way you word your questions. You seem to believe that ambiguity has no affect on the outcome. Hell, even Kc agrees.

I don't believe you understand the language you are using.

Osiris
Jan 11th, 2013, 08:35 AM
somebody! Hand me a thesaurus!

I heard you died.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
You seem to believe that ambiguity has no affect on the outcome. Hell, even Kc agrees.
I don't believe you understand the language you are using.

Quite the opposite. Ambiguity is not a discrete point, past which all clarity cease to exist. It is measured continuously on a spectrum. There are varying levels of ambiguity. Most animals { In this instance I am using 'Most' to describe a majority of types of animals as opposed to each individual animal {{ In this instance I am using the word 'type' ***Screw it! I'll never finish the sentence***}} A lot of animals, with brains can gleam USEFUL information from cloudy data.

Do you see a picture of old timey people at the park or a bunch of colored dots. 2383

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

I believe you require use of a dictionary, since I'm applying the most base definitions of the words.

But you use the definitions of words that were not even presented. I say 'tomato' you say 'chair.' WTF?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

If you want me to get deep . . . we might be here for a long time. Now, feel free to argue the point further, or simply reconsider the way you word your questions.

Nah bro. (http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/66460/origin-of-do-not-argue-with-idiots) Although this is kind of fun, I don't have the time and this ain't the place.

Again, your idea of clarity leaves much to be desired. In that case, there isn't a single main character that has not. They have all related a story of their past.

I was going to ask again if you understand the question or not, but I'm gonna go with 'maybe not' or 'That Osiris! He's a silly fellow.' So, just for you, here is a challenge.
You say that there isn't a single MAIN CHARACTER that hasn't related a story of their past. Limit the characters to the ones listed, presented, enumerated in the original question.
Now, tell me what story did they give about their past. Then compare the stories and the way they were given to the examples I gave.

EDIT: The real challenge in the original question isn't knowing what a particular character did. If it were, then one could simply zip through to any relevant part of the story to find the action, event, quote or what have you. Here, the challenge is to know the whole story or re-listen to the entire 50+- hours in order to find out what did not happen.

LiamKerrington
Jan 11th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Unfortunately, the Automated Forum Nazi tells me that I must 'spread some REP around' before giving it to you guys, so let's just say I owe ya...[/SIZE]

I think that's the flaw of this game for as long as the usual suspects play this game. :cool:
I keep reading and recognizing mostly names only of such forum-members, who are the 1337 of this fandom ... O_o

Also I am quite unoriented ... How about sticking to this game instead of drifting away from it? Witch_Doctor: I like you as much as almost anyone else here; so no offense intended, when I say: Osiris is absolutely right. And Osiris asked for stopping the hair-splitting twice (at least the way I understand his postings ...). So ...

Shake hands!

I haven't count all the postings here; but there is a huge amount of non-topic-related postings. And I confess and sincerely ask for pardon havin' added two unrelated postings as well. This ends as of now ... Please, stick to the game. It is a lot of fun reading the questions and your attempts to answer them ... Go ahead!

All the best!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Jan 11th, 2013, 01:31 PM

xoxo Witch_Doctor

p.s. I get to be the whale.

Back to the game.

Which two We're Alive characters shared the first kiss? What was the circumstance or episode? (This includes kisses on the lips or cheeks. It does not include air kisses, blown kiss, wish-me-luck-I'm-about-to roll-the-dice kisses{on the dice}, figurative butt kiss or Hershey's chocolates)

Litmaster
Jan 11th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Maria's Destiny!
(well, this is gonna be a pulitzer!)

Take a bow, clem131! Damn... I'm gonna have to dig DEEP to stump you guys...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 11th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I have one:

who plays the officer who gets punched in the face by Burt in Vietnam the night a tuna sandwich saved his life?

I try to answer without re-listening but, THIS. THIS is a tough one.

HardKor
Jan 11th, 2013, 02:06 PM

xoxo Witch_Doctor

p.s. I get to be the whale.

Back to the game.

Which two We're Alive characters shared the first kiss? What was the circumstance or episode? (This includes kisses on the lips or cheeks. It does not include air kisses, blown kiss, wish-me-luck-I'm-about-to roll-the-dice kisses{on the dice}, figurative butt kiss or Hershey's chocolates)

I'm gonna say Samantha and Datu in the Arena right after Datu first found out that he can use the chair leg to break through the plaster.

Litmaster
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Hmmmmm..... Would that be Pegs and Michael? Right after she says "thank you thank you, I'm so happy I could KISS you!" (uh, something like that. I'm trying not to cheat by going back and re-listening)

Litmaster
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I have one:

Fuuuuk.... You mean which actor plays the character, right? I'll guess KC.... He usually plays most of the small bullshit parts.

Osiris
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Quite the opposite. Ambiguity is not a discrete point, past which all clarity cease to exist. It is measured continuously on a spectrum. There are varying levels of ambiguity. Most animals { In this instance I am using 'Most' to describe a majority of types of animals as opposed to each individual animal {{ In this instance I am using the word 'type' ***Screw it! I'll never finish the sentence***}} A lot of animals, with brains can gleam USEFUL information from cloudy data.

Do you see a picture of old timey people at the park or a bunch of colored dots. 2383

But you use the definitions of words that were not even presented. I say 'tomato' you say 'chair.' WTF?

Nah bro. (http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/66460/origin-of-do-not-argue-with-idiots) Although this is kind of fun, I don't have the time and this ain't the place.

I was going to ask again if you understand the question or not, but I'm gonna go with 'maybe not' or 'That Osiris! He's a silly fellow.' So, just for you, here is a challenge.
You say that there isn't a single MAIN CHARACTER that hasn't related a story of their past. Limit the characters to the ones listed, presented, enumerated in the original question.
Now, tell me what story did they give about their past. Then compare the stories and the way they were given to the examples I gave.

EDIT: The real challenge in the original question isn't knowing what a particular character did. If it were, then one could simply zip through to any relevant part of the story to find the action, event, quote or what have you. Here, the challenge is to know the whole story or re-listen to the entire 50+- hours in order to find out what did not happen.

All of that is pointless. Way to shine, breh.

Litmaster
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM
What was the name of Tommy's medical condition?

(try to get it without peeking)

scbubba
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM

Siliac disease

Witch_Doctor
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:54 PM

Siliac disease

Does spelling count? I jest, I jest!!!!!

Cheers scbubba!

Litmaster
Jan 12th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Siliac disease

Ok Bubba... you got it (sorta). The correct spelling is CELIAC disease (or COELIAC disease if you're a Brit, but they don't make any damned sense over there anyway, with their colours and centres...)

So you get a HALF-REP for that one. This is basically a full REP, except that I will heckle you in the comments line of the REP and rant about how much your spelling sucks.

But congratulations, nonetheless! :cool:

scbubba
Jan 12th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Ok Bubba... you got it (sorta). The correct spelling is CELIAC disease (or COELIAC disease if you're a Brit, but they don't make any damned sense over there anyway, with their colours and centres...)

So you get a HALF-REP for that one. This is basically a full REP, except that I will heckle you in the comments line of the REP and rant about how much your spelling sucks.

But congratulations, nonetheless! :cool:

Hey, I went to public school in the Southern US and my degrees are from state colleges... I'm lucky I can get on the forum much less spell things right!

Seriously though, thanks!

Witch_Doctor
Jan 12th, 2013, 08:11 AM

I'm gonna say Samantha and Datu in the Arena right after Datu first found out that he can use the chair leg to break through the plaster.

Hmmmmm..... Would that be Pegs and Michael? Right after she says "thank you thank you, I'm so happy I could KISS you!" (uh, something like that. I'm trying not to cheat by going back and re-listening)

Congrats LilMeister!!!! You win the Rep.

Sorry Harker, as a thank you for playing you'll leave with our consolation prize of a picture of a lifetime supply of Rice-a-Roni, The San Francisco Treat.
Cue the Herb Alpert music.

scbubba
Jan 12th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Sorry Harker, as a thank you for playing you'll leave with our consolation prize of a picture of a lifetime supply of Rice-a-Roni, The San Francisco Treat.
Cue the Herb Alpert music.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Witch_Doctor again."
Rice-a-Roni: brilliant!

Solanine
Jan 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Ok here's one for anybody who cares to answer (although its not WA related).
Name the piece of media that this quote comes from.

"Fire walk with me"

You could just google it but I'm going to trust you guys not to cheat.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 12th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Ok here's one for anybody who cares to answer (although its not WA related).
Name the piece of media that this quote comes from.

"Fire walk with me"

You could just google it but I'm going to trust you guys not to cheat.

Taking a guess, as I haven't seen it. Twin Peaks? I remember it being a part of the title.

Solanine
Jan 12th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Ok I like this Idea. Next piece of trivia.

If I had taken a bribe to provide a pair of hotel guests with a meal after chef had left for the night, what sort of food would I be expected to serve the husband?

Just for context this is a reference to a piece of media, not some riddle.

Osiris
Jan 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM

If I had taken a bribe to provide a pair of hotel guests with a meal after chef had left for the night, what sort of food would I be expected to serve the husband?

Question:

How is this WA trivia?

Litmaster
Jan 12th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Rice-a-Roni..... Now THAT shit is funny...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM

Fish fingers and custard?

Kc
Jan 13th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Did no one guess the Burt Brother or sister question yet?

Witch_Doctor
Jan 13th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Did no one guess the Burt Brother or sister question yet?

I think I remember something about a sister. Yes, he had a sister. I'm gonna stick with that.

clem131
Jan 14th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Fuuuuk.... You mean which actor plays the character, right? I'll guess KC.... He usually plays most of the small bullshit parts.

Yep, it's him.
(No confirmation officially, but it's him, you can hear it.)

clem131
Jan 14th, 2013, 12:43 AM

A Waldorf salad!
(well, I think we are just out of waldorfs...)

clem131
Jan 14th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I think I remember something about a sister. Yes, he had a sister. I'm gonna stick with that.

Really? When that gets mentioned? I tried to remember, but I got nothing on this one.

Kc
Jan 14th, 2013, 12:50 AM

Nope. Well, that could be right, but it's not. Meaning, that there are some clues or pieces I'm looking for in particular. It's NOT an easy one.

Kc
Jan 14th, 2013, 12:52 AM

Yeah, that was me. We have a tally somewhere around here for any misc roles I've done... it's a lot.

clem131
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Nope. Well, that could be right, but it's not. Meaning, that there are some clues or pieces I'm looking for in particular. It's NOT an easy one.

HA!
Got it. He says his niece was a treehugger or something, when Saul is reinforcing the hybrid.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
HA!
Got it. He says his niece was a treehugger or something, when Saul is reinforcing the hybrid.
gOOD ONE!!!
So, was the niece a child of a blood-sibling or a sibling-in-law?
I have no idea where I thought I heard it mentioned that he had a sister. I may have thought of Shirley or believed that I heard something about Burt having a feminine middle name because they thought he was a girl because his Older twin was a girl, IDK.

Solanine
Jan 14th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Question:

How is this WA trivia?

Does it have to be WA related? I may have mis-read the rules.

Osiris
Jan 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM

It doesn't really seem to specify one way or the other. Wasn't trying to be a cunt, just asking.

Kc
Jan 14th, 2013, 11:41 PM
HA!

Someone rep that! (On mobile).

Next one... Who does Datu say keeps a gun in their purse?

Osiris
Jan 14th, 2013, 11:44 PM

Done and done.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 14th, 2013, 11:52 PM

His Grandmother

scbubba
Jan 15th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Easy Level question here....

What commercial food product is credited with saving the Tower at one point?

Witch_Doctor
Jan 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Question: In Chapter One, when the Reserve Base's Armory's alarm goes off, how long did Angel guess it would last before going silent?

UPDATE: We have a winner! Congrats to Sammy D. Click here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54444&viewfull=1#post54444) for Sammy D's answer.

Solanine
Jan 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM
A Waldorf salad!
(well, I think we are just out of waldorfs...)

Just to clarify, clem13 got the points.

Wicked Sid
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Easy Level question here....

What commercial food product is credited with saving the Tower at one point?

"These Cheetos mighta just saved our asses!" - Burt, 2011.

Sammy D
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Question: In Chapter One, when the Reserve Base's Armory's alarm goes off, how long did Angel guess it would last before going silent?

An hour.

It turned off much less though

Litmaster
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:53 PM

Yeah. These should be WA questions only. Otherwise, the thread is gonna get way too unfocused...

Litmaster
Jan 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
It's probably a cheap shot to go filtering through past episodes looking for minutiae of no great consequence to dredge up as trivia questions, but I never let a little unsportsmanlike conduct interfere with my performance in a contest....

So, here's a tough one from the Lit-Dredge....

Name the four specific items of food
that Burt mentions finding stashed in Tommy's room
when they first think that Tommy is the thief.

(be specific: "canned goods" is not a specific food item )

+REP to the first correct response. Remember to

before giving your answer.

LiamKerrington
Jan 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Name the four specific items of food
that Burt mentions finding stashed in Tommy's room
when they first think that Tommy is the thief.

(be specific: "canned goods" is not a specific food item )

Beans, Chips, Salsa, Pease

All the best!
Liam

Litmaster
Jan 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM
One more: a medium-tough question if you are a forum regular:

Name the two characters that Kc and his sister do the foley footwork for in a previous scene.

(hint: there is video documentation of this)

+REP if correct and reply with quote!

Litmaster
Jan 15th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Beans, Chips, Salsa, Pease

All the best!
Liam

DING! DING! You are CORRECT, sir!

Unfortunately, I will have to demote you to a HALF-REP for your incorrect spelling of the word peas, which you spelled as "pease".
As far as I know, there is no Anglicized German spelling of this word. I will be forced to REP you, but ridicule your obvious lack of command of the English language in the comments line of the REP...

...Unless, of course, you were referring to Patsy Pease (the actress), Edward Pease (the former U.S. Congressman from Indiana), or Sir Arthur Pease (1st Baronet and British coal magnate), in which case you would be WRONG and the REP should be returned forthwith...

scbubba
Jan 15th, 2013, 04:57 PM
"These Cheetos mighta just saved our asses!" - Burt, 2011.

Bingo!

Kc
Jan 15th, 2013, 10:50 PM
His Grandmother

Rep him please!

Next: what's the name of the shop that Riley gets her bow from?

Sammy D
Jan 15th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Rep him please!

Next: what's the name of the shop that Riley gets her bow from?

Sports & More!

LiamKerrington
Jan 15th, 2013, 11:03 PM
DING! DING! You are CORRECT, sir!

Unfortunately, I will have to demote you to a HALF-REP for your incorrect spelling of the word peas, which you spelled as "pease".
As far as I know, there is no Anglicized German spelling of this word. I will be forced to REP you, but ridicule your obvious lack of command of the English language in the comments line of the REP...

...Unless, of course, you were referring to Patsy Pease (the actress), Edward Pease (the former U.S. Congressman from Indiana), or Sir Arthur Pease (1st Baronet and British coal magnate), in which case you would be WRONG and the REP should be returned forthwith...

Thank you very much, Sir. I feel inlcined to say sorry, and yet I won't, 'cause peas and pease might be both valid:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=pease

;)

All the best!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Jan 15th, 2013, 11:55 PM
An hour.

It turned off much less though

Ding Ding Ding!!! The tar heel is correct!!!

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Thank you very much, Sir. I feel inlcined to say sorry, and yet I won't, 'cause peas and pease might be both valid:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed§Hdr=on&spellToler=&search=pease

;)

All the best!
Liam

Well... all right... that's not how we spell it around these parts, but... ok, then.
My apologies for the crude litany of insults.

Here, have some 9-day old pease porridge. It's hot!

Witch_Doctor
Jan 16th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Well... all right... that's not how we spell it around these parts, but... ok, then.

Ha Haaa! I didn't catch the joke until I started to make one of my own about peas(e) porridge.

QUESTION!!!!!!

What is the name of the flower shop where Pegs worked?
*** NOTE *** This is NOT mentioned in the story, proper.

UPDATE: We have a winner. Click here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54474&viewfull=1#post54474) to see YetAnotherBloody-Damn-this-is-a-long-a$$-name-Cheek's answer.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 16th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Wayside Flowers? In WIKI I trust.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Wayside Flowers? In WIKI I trust.

:omgomg: We have YetAnotherBloodyWinner!!! :omgomg:

Hoff4D
Jan 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Just signed back in after about a month away.....This is a great thread folks! keep it coming!

LiamKerrington
Jan 16th, 2013, 12:19 PM

It's cool. And thank you for giving me advice, which I appreciate a lot. And in all honesty: Before I wrote "pease", I double-checked it with LEO, but I did not see the alternative of "peas" alone. So I'll honor the HALF REP as much as a full one. Thank you again. :D

LiamKerrington
Jan 16th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Just signed back in after about a month away.....This is a great thread folks! keep it coming!

Welcome back, Sir.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 16th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Good to have you back Hoff4D!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
:OMG: We have YetAnotherBloodyWinner!!! :OMG:

Yes! My rise to rep power continues! :D

Just a little side note: I could not think up puns using the term "peas(e)". Well, except for the fact that applying any kind of apPEASEment policy on a former German government (*ahem*) finally led to World War Two. Oh, damn you, bad Sarah Silverman joke!

LiamKerrington
Jan 16th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Oh, I've got a question ...

How many times did Pegs pull the trigger when she shot Latch before he fell off the ladder?

You know them rules with quoting and posting the right answer. First one answering with the correct answer earns him/herself +1 Rep!

All the best!
Liam

Already answered.

Wicked Sid
Jan 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Oh, I've got a question ...

How many times did Pegs pull the trigger when she shot Latch?

You know them rules with quoting and posting the right answer. First one answering with the correct answer earns him/herself +1 Rep!

All the best!
Liam

The Late John "Latch" *Last name Unknown* was shot twice and would've been shot thrice more had there been more bullets left in the clip. Pegs pulled the trigger 5 times.

Wicked Sid
Jan 16th, 2013, 02:26 PM
What is "...like the armpit of L.A.?"

And

What colour was the bag that Pegs' clothes were in at the beach house?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Here's another one:

What was the name of the tower member who got killed near the parking gate when he tried to take off during watch duty?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 03:48 PM
And again, a HARD one for any taker:

Which of the tower channels was 'Meatball Sub'?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 03:53 PM
And, one more for the hard-core fans (Kc can even join in on this one)....

Answer BOTH these questions to get the REP:
1) What is the exact wording of the sign that is posted at the entrance to INK's lair?, and
2) Where is the lair found on the hospital map?

Answer BOTH questions to get the Lit-REP. Remember to REPLY WITH QUOTE before giving your answer...

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 04:07 PM
What is "...like the armpit of L.A.?"

And

Fuuuuugh... I only got half this one. The armpit of LA was mentioned by Angel as being

Bell
...but I couldn't find the damned color of Pegs's bag!

Can I get a half-REP, brother?

Wicked Sid
Jan 16th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Fuuuuugh... I only got half this one. The armpit of LA was mentioned by Angel as being

Bell
...but I couldn't find the damned color of Pegs's bag!

Can I get a half-REP, brother?

Its a full Rep man. They were two separate questions. One has been answered. When will the other?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I went back and looked, and still have FIVE pending REP-ivia questions floating out there for any takers. Here is the first one, again:

How many times does the 'poor angry bastard' on the highway at the beginning of the story honk his horn at Michael before he gets chomped???

+REP to the first correct answer! Reply with quote!

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
And, one more for the hard-core fans (Kc can even join in on this one)....

Answer BOTH these questions to get the REP:
1) What is the exact wording of the sign that is posted at the entrance to INK's lair?, and
2) Where is the lair found on the hospital map?

Answer BOTH questions to get the Lit-REP. Remember to REPLY WITH QUOTE before giving your answer...

1. Kane(or Cane?) Mental Hospital - I bring relief, to troubled minds.
2. It's not on the map.

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I went back and looked, and still have FIVE pending REP-ivia questions floating out there for any takers. Here is the first one, again:

+REP to the first correct answer! Reply with quote!

would it be 4?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM
would it be 4?

Aaaaaaand we have a winnnner! The horn was honked 4 times before the 'poor angry bastard' gets chomped!

Congratulations, turbo!

[4 Lit-Questions still floating... any takers?]

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Aaaaaaand we have a winnnner! The horn was honked 4 times before the 'poor angry bastard' gets chomped!

Congratulations, turbo!

[4 Lit-Questions still floating... any takers?]

Sweeet :D

Did I get your other one?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 05:55 PM
1. Kane(or Cane?) Mental Hospital - I bring relief, to troubled minds.
2. It's not on the map.

SHAZAM!!! Turbo comin' out of nowhere to grab TWO Lit-REPs...

Well done, my friend! Now, can you think of a REP-ivia question of your own to stump the rest of the forum???

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:03 PM
SHAZAM!!! Turbo comin' out of nowhere to grab TWO Lit-REPs...

Well done, my friend! Now, can you think of a REP-ivia question of your own to stump the rest of the forum???

Hahah awesome, I will definitely think of one!

Sammy D
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:03 PM
And again, a HARD one for any taker:

Which of the tower channels was 'Meatball Sub'?

that would be channel 25!

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:06 PM
that would be channel 25!

That would indeed, my friend! Here, have some Lit-REP! And clean yourself up a bit!

Buy a new avatar... it looks identical to Turbo!

Sammy D
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Here's another one:

What was the name of the tower member who got killed near the parking gate when he tried to take off during watch duty?

Simon!

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
One more: a medium-tough question if you are a forum regular:

Name the two characters that Kc and his sister do the foley footwork for in a previous scene.

(hint: there is video documentation of this)

+REP if correct and reply with quote!

I saw the video recently. CJ and Saul?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Simon!

Sammy D... you are ON FIRE!!!

You got TWO Lit-REPs in one evening!
That is sure to boost your status among the forum regulars...

Now.... quid pro quo, Sammy D... what question have you got to offer us...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdGo5pxXzzw

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:21 PM
This one's a question:

Didn't see an answer for this, Michael's teacher?

Litmaster
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I saw the video recently. CJ and Saul?

Aaaaand another REP-ivia question bites the dust.

Damn, Turbo... do you have a job, or what??!?

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Aaaaand another REP-ivia question bites the dust.

Damn, Turbo... do you have a job, or what??!?

Haha sorry Lit! Been a long day, had to catch up on the forums!

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Two part question...
1: What shot does Pegs like?
2: What way to the dance floor?

Wicked Sid
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Didn't see an answer for this, Michael's teacher?

Yeah, its been answered by Witch_Doctor on page 4.

turbo
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah, its been answered by Witch_Doctor on page 4.

Whoops! Sorry, may have skipped a page.

Wicked Sid
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Whoops! Sorry, may have skipped a page.

There is still the colour of the bag that Pegs' clothes were in while at the beach house.

Sammy D
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Here's one for you! What is the name of the character that we have not officially met (i.e heard speak) yet has apparently changed in personality for the worse since our story began?

Sammy D
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM

I hope I got the right bag but BLUE!

Wicked Sid
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I hope I got the right bag but BLUE!

Yeah. You got the right bag. Enjoy your Rep!

scbubba
Jan 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Here's one for you! What is the name of the character that we have not officially met (i.e heard speak) yet has apparently changed in personality for the worse since our story began?

Randy.

Sammy D
Jan 16th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Randy.

That actually makes pretty good sense but this character is still human!

LiamKerrington
Jan 16th, 2013, 09:52 PM
The Late John "Latch" *Last name Unknown* was shot twice and would've been shot thrice more had there been more bullets left in the clip. Pegs pulled the trigger 5 times.

That's correct, Sir.

LiamKerrington
Jan 16th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Two part question...

1: "That stuff", Bill brought along. I'm sorry, through the mumbling of Bill I did not get the name of this "stuff" ...
2: To 'your' right.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:01 AM

Oooooohhhhhh, man this is a good one.

turbo
Jan 17th, 2013, 06:37 AM
1: "That stuff", Bill brought along. I'm sorry, through the mumbling of Bill I did not get the name of this "stuff" ...
2: To 'your' right.

Hmmm idk, he says it pretty clearly.

nikvoodoo
Jan 17th, 2013, 08:46 AM

The Maller Johnny

Kc
Jan 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Sports & More!

That didn't take long. Rep him.

Kc
Jan 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Good luck on this one. Where does Tardust get his name?

Like I said. Good luck. It's not directly said in the series.

Sammy D
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
The Maller Johnny

Bingo! Great job!

LiamKerrington
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM

Obviously I don't recognize it. :(
That's the drawback being a Kraut not understanding slight mumbling AND certein product names ... ;) Gonna try it again ...

EDIT
I just recognize something along this line, when he makes his first firendly lines towards Pegs, Michael, and Angel: "... mumblemumble Water Cash ... I was saving it"
And later, when Burt shows up, he says something like: "this mumblemumble was teasing me for months"
And later, when it is served, he says something like "a glass mumble (for everyone?)"

I give it up ... Someone's elses try...
/EDIT

All the best!
Liam

nikvoodoo
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM

Now that is a damned trivia question!!

Sammy D
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM

He used tar as a sealant in the pipebombs that he makes and had residue on him frequently. having to guess on this one

Sammy D
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Two part question...

1. Sailor Jerry rum
2. on the right!

LiamKerrington
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Ok, another one:

Name the four cities or regions on this list which were not mentioned during seasons #1 through #3 as those places in which it (the z-pocalypse) all started ...

Chicago
Detroit
Hawaii
Houston
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
New Jersey
Oregon
San Diego
Seattle
Washington

You know them rules: First serving the correct answer gains +1 rep ...

All the best!
Liam

Already answered.

Kc
Jan 17th, 2013, 01:23 PM
He used tar as a sealant in the pipebombs that he makes and had residue on him frequently. having to guess on this one

Nope. Take his finger!

turbo
Jan 17th, 2013, 04:11 PM
1. Sailor Jerry rum
2. on the right!

Correct!! Good job Sammy D

Litmaster
Jan 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Nope. Take his finger!

Oh...yeah. Forgot to mention in the rules that if you get a question wrong, we start choppin' body parts.

Little incentive, ya know... :cool:

Litmaster
Jan 17th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Ok, another one:

Name the four cities or regions on this list which were not mentioned during seasons #1 through #3 as those places in which it (the z-pocalypse) all started ...

Chicago
Detroit
Hawaii
Houston
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
New Jersey
Oregon
San Diego
Seattle
Washington

All the best!
Liam

That's a good one. The tough trivia questions are the ones that can't be easily pinpointed by simply going back and re-listening to a scene...

pinkstarmary
Jan 18th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Well this sucks! I've listen to everything twice and I still don't know the answers to any of the questions. Shit, I'm going to have to listen again. Well, that isn't to bad.. :)

LiamKerrington
Jan 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Well this sucks! I've listen to everything twice and I still don't know the answers to any of the questions. Shit, I'm going to have to listen again. Well, that isn't to bad.. :)

It's worth it. Don'tbe mad! ;)

turbo
Jan 18th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Ok, another one:

Chicago
Detroit
Hawaii
Houston
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
New Jersey
Oregon
San Diego
Seattle
Washington

All the best!
Liam

Oregon, New Jersey, Las Vegas, Houston?

Litmaster
Jan 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM

Ah, don't feel bad... some of these questions were pretty tough. Here's a soft-ball just for you, pinkstarmary...

What is the name of Burt's gun shop?

nikvoodoo
Jan 18th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Ah, don't feel bad... some of these questions were pretty tough. Here's a soft-ball just for you, pinkstarmary...

What is the name of Burt's gun shop?
I'm surprised this has been open for an hour and a half.....:p

Sammy D
Jan 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I'm surprised this has been open for an hour and a half.....:p

I thought that one was directed towards a specific person. wanted to give that person a shot!

Litmaster
Jan 18th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I thought that one was directed towards a specific person. wanted to give that person a shot!

Yeah, come on.... Nik you know this one in your sleep! Just trying to encourage more participation around here...

pinkstarmary
Jan 18th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Locked & Loaded....thanks Lit :).

LiamKerrington
Jan 18th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Oregon, New Jersey, Las Vegas, Houston?

2/4

edit - sorry, my first mentioning of "close 3/4" was wrong.

I admit it: This one is a tough one.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 18th, 2013, 11:12 PM
:yay:

Witch_Doctor
Jan 18th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I went back and looked, and still have FIVE pending REP-ivia questions floating out there for any takers.

ListMaker ListMaker make me a list......

What are the other outstanding questions you have? Because your questions are ALWAYS outstanding.

clem131
Jan 19th, 2013, 02:21 AM

For you maybe. I listened to the show several times, and before seeing this question I did not think he even said it at all: this question made me suspect he did. I'm guessing maybe is something not sold here in Europe, so not knowing the name my brain classified it as the usual mumbling from Bill, OR it is something which I know but pronounce differently. Now, I'll keep reading the thread to find which is it :)

scbubba
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Ok, another one:

Chicago
Detroit
Hawaii
Houston
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
New Jersey
Oregon
San Diego
Seattle
Washington

All the best!
Liam

Oregon, Miami, Vegas, Houston

LiamKerrington
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Oregon, Miami, Vegas, Houston

2/4

edit: It'S true: This one is a challenge.

To everyone: Do you want to have a lead?

clem131
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Correct!! Good job Sammy D

Never heard of that brand! Now I'm curious. In my and Liam's defense, we live in the two best countries in the world for beer, I don't bother with liquor anymore :)

clem131
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:21 AM

I'm guessing: he's like the Tinkerbell of bombs: goes around merrily and detonates things, and instead of stardust he leaves tardust on his wake.

LiamKerrington
Jan 19th, 2013, 09:00 AM

Maybe he was involved as a driver of exceptional skill.
Considering his relation to the pipe-bombs and therefore assuming that he might have some skills in chemistry, I could also think of him being a expert-drug-producer.
Yeah, two bets from me. But this is waht I could think of ...

All the best!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Tardust was a UNIX admin at Princeton. His job included archiving interstellar dust maps on a regular basis, you know...

tar -zcvf dust.tar.gz dust_maps

http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~schlegel/dust/data/data.html

scbubba
Jan 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Re: Tardust's name

Back at Eastern Bay, he used to always rap Saul Williams lyrics from the album "The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust". This led other inmates to regularly yell down the hall: "Shut the hell up, Tardust!"

Niggytardust.com

Sammy D
Jan 19th, 2013, 03:51 PM
So glad I wasn't the only person to google tardust, since this question came up!

pinkstarmary
Jan 19th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Ok, I'm back. Got my car fixed, saw a good scary movie. Now it's time to get in here and rack up some of these reps.... :)

Litmaster
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:05 PM

Done with style, pinkstarmary. You are quite correct. Enjoy your REP... and please don't let yourself be discouraged by the toughness of the questions here; I'll try and vary up the difficulty level a bit, so that all can play.

ListMaker ListMaker make me a list......

What are the other outstanding questions you have? Because your questions are ALWAYS outstanding.

Shit, I dunno... didn't you go back and look? I think most of them are gone already, but I'll have a look-see...

2/4

edit: It'S true: This one is a challenge.

To everyone: Do you want to have a lead?

Nah, Liam... fuck 'em! You've got a good, tough question going... make 'em sweat it out!

Never heard of that brand! Now I'm curious. In my and Liam's defense, we live in the two best countries in the world for beer, I don't bother with liquor anymore :)

Amen to that! It's been quite awhile since I was once stationed in Bitburg, Germany, during my military days. Perhaps the most memorable two and a half years of my life! We often zipped up to Aachen or Liege to party... Really good times, I'll tell ya...

Ok, I'm back. Got my car fixed, saw a good scary movie. Now it's time to get in here and rack up some of these reps.... :)

This thread is a good place for it!

Sammy D
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Whose party did Michael plan to skip out on before Z day?

pinkstarmary
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Hopefully no one has answered yet...but I believed it was the Omega party

pinkstarmary
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I'm going to take a crack at this one... I'm saying Chicago, New Jersey, Oregon, and Houston-cause nothing starts here in Houston, it end there....;)

Sammy D
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Hopefully no one has answered yet...but I believed it was the Omega party

That is correct!

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 01:52 AM
I'm going to take a crack at this one... I'm saying Chicago, New Jersey, Oregon, and Houston-cause nothing starts here in Houston, it end there....;)

1/4.

A small hint: In real life things may END in Houston, but WA is fiction ... :cool:

All the best!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Ok, another, probably simpler question; you need to answer both questions in order to receive the rep!

a) How long took it the zombies to swarm the whole USA?
b) And after what period of time did Commander Kimmet loose contact with the East Coast?

All the best!
Liam

Already answered.

Sammy D
Jan 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Ok, another, probably simpler question; you need to answer both questions in order to receive the rep!

a) How long took it the zombies to swarm the whole USA?
b) And after what period of time did Commander Kimmet loose contact with the East Coast?

All the best!
Liam

a) a day and a half.
b) a week after the west was hit.

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
a) a day and a half.
b) a week after the west was hit.

That's correct, my dear Sir.
Sadly I have to share some rep elsewhere; I will give you your credit as soon as possible. :)

All the best!
Liam

Sammy D
Jan 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
That's correct, my dear Sir.
Sadly I have to share some rep elsewhere; I will give you your credit as soon as possible. :)

All the best!
Liam

Not a problem at all good sir! I'm beginning to give some thought to your other very difficult question now!

Sammy D
Jan 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Ok, another one:

Chicago
Detroit
Hawaii
Houston
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
New Jersey
Oregon
San Diego
Seattle
Washington

All the best!
Liam

New Jersey, Miami, Washington, Las Vegas

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 11:33 AM
New Jersey, Miami, Washington, Las Vegas

Two words:

Co-ol!

Another saved rep for you. So, I am in debt of +2 Rep for you.

For anyone wishing the solution for this one:

#1-3 - news broadcasting
LA
San Diego

#2-3 - recorded News found by Lizzy
Detroit
New York
Houston
Chicago

Khalani speaks of Hawaii.
Hawaii

Kimmet mentions some of the above and adds these two regions explicitly.
Oregon
Seattle
He also mentioned the "Bay Area"; but as a none-US-guy I have no idea what exactly is meant with it - the seas around Chicago, the bays at San Francisco, the Gulf of Mexico? No idea, which is why I did not include it in this question.

So not mentioned are these four cities; yep, I made them up:

Las Vegas
Miami
New Jersey
Washington

All the best!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Ok. Another one - another two-questions task. Answer both correctly and you earn a rep:

a) Who was on guard duty and had to keep an eye on the trucks? (I want his name.)
b) And what exactly happened to him, when he met Scratch after his duty?

All the best!
Liam

Already answered.

Robzombie
Jan 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Ok. Another one - another two-questions task. Answer both correctly and you earn a rep:

a) Who was on guard duty and had to keep an eye on the trucks? (I want his name.)
b) And what exactly happened to him, when he met Scratch after his duty?

All the best!
Liam

a) Charlie
b) Scratch tortures him into confessing that he lost the truck. She cuts him to match her scar, after which he "confesses" that he fell asleep. She then breaks his nose. Latch then shoots him so he he doesn't turn when the z's come.

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM
a) Charlie
b) Scratch tortures him into confessing that he lost the truck. She cuts him to match her scar, after which he "confesses" that he fell asleep. She then breaks his nose. Latch then shoots him so he he doesn't turn when the z's come.

Very well done!
+1 for you.

All the best!
Liam

Robzombie
Jan 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Here's one of my own...

Only answer ONE of these for a rep...so a chance for 2 people to earn one rep each please.

a) Who gets killed by a "guy in an orange jumpsuit" on May 11th?
Correct LiamKerrington with "chips and soda".

b) over what is he killed for?
Correct SammyD with "Jeff".

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 12:55 PM

Over soda.

Robzombie
Jan 20th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Over soda.

"_____ & soda" ??

Actually I'll give you that one because of how quickly you answered I can only guess that it was by memory, so to remember soda, good job

Chips and soda

Now if someone else can tell me who that was.

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM

"_____ & soda" ??

chips & soda

edit: you ninjaed me when you edited your first response ... :) (And I know the name, but leave it to others to answer ...)

edit 2: I will take you as a good example - splitting questions for spreading rep. I think, that suits the purpose of this thread much better, right? ;)

All the best!
Liam

Solanine
Jan 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Just a word to any admins out there, this is confusing and chaotic. Is there anyway a new folder / category could be made for it? People could then post questions in individual threads and when they're answered the thread could be locked. Just a thought.

Sammy D
Jan 20th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Here's one of my own...

Only answer ONE of these for a rep...so a chance for 2 people to earn one rep each please.

a) Who gets killed by a "guy in an orange jumpsuit" on May 11th?

a) Jeff

scbubba
Jan 20th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Two part question, rep for each part available...

1) Name the 3 types of helicopters that speaking characters pilot during the scenes in the show (either military designation or 'nicknames' acceptable).

2) Name at least 3 characters that we witness (i.e. hear) piloting a helicopter in the show.

Go!

=============================================

UPDATE: Red Shirt got this one already. Answer is here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54652&viewfull=1#post54652).

Red Shirt
Jan 20th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Two part question, rep for each part available...

1) Name the 3 types of helicopters that speaking characters pilot during the scenes in the show (either military designation or 'nicknames' acceptable).

2) Name at least 3 characters that we witness (i.e. hear) piloting a helicopter in the show.

Go!

That would be: Pegs, Chief Muldoon and Kalani AND the HH3 Pelican (AKA Jolly Green Giant and Sea King), UH-60 BlackHawk and the Bell 412 Huey.

Only one other chopper was in the show, the CH-47 Chinook. That pilot may have had lines, but I don't think s/he was named.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 20th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Just a word to any admins out there, this is confusing and chaotic. Is there anyway a new folder / category could be made for it? People could then post questions in individual threads and when they're answered the thread could be locked. Just a thought.

When I post a question and someone answers correctly I edit the original with an UPDATE that says that the question was answered. I also include a link to the correct answer posted by the person answering it.Here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54419&viewfull=1#post54419) I then post that the question has been answer and by whom. Here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54444&viewfull=1#post54444) and Here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54468&viewfull=1#post54468)

I started doing this so when someone new joins in and they sees a question, they'll be able to see if t was answered already before submitting a late answer.

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
That would be: Pegs, Chief Muldoon and Kalani AND the HH3 Pelican (AKA Jolly Green Giant and Sea King), UH-60 BlackHawk and the Bell 412 Huey.

Only one other chopper was in the show, the CH-47 Chinook. That pilot may have had lines, but I don't think s/he was named.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!

Good job, Red Shirt. You nailed it. Rep coming your way! (1 now and the second after I spread some around...)

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:18 AM
a) Jeff

Correct sir. Rep added.

Litmaster
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM

When I post a question and someone answers correctly I edit the original with an UPDATE that says that the question was answered. I also include a link to the correct answer posted the the person answering.Here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54419&viewfull=1#post54419) I then post that the question has been answer and by whom. Here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54444&viewfull=1#post54444) and Here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54468&viewfull=1#post54468)

I started doing this so when someone new joins in and they see a question, they'll be able to see if t was answered already before submitting a late answer.

Ok, so the game is fun but it could be a bit more streamlined, I'll agree. Witch Doctor's solution may be an alternative but it seems a bit laborious to be going back and linking all this stuff. Pretty much any questions that are from more than, say, 3 pages back are going to be answered anyway.

What about just going back and deleting the question once someone answers it?

Kc
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Maybe he was involved as a driver of exceptional skill.
Considering his relation to the pipe-bombs and therefore assuming that he might have some skills in chemistry, I could also think of him being a expert-drug-producer.
Yeah, two bets from me. But this is waht I could think of ...

All the best!
Liam
There's a lot of maybe's in there, you might be on the right track, but you need to be more specific.

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM
I like just going to the original post and adding the given answer and who gets credit for it. Just a thought...perhaps all question posts can be in red and answer posts in normal white but has to include the original question (Reply with Quote) like I see mostly everyone already doing??

Solanine
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM
It still is a little clumsy. I'll give it a while then ask Nick about it.

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Give me 6 call signs (avian related) and who they belong to?
Rep for all 6

These were exactly what I was looking for:
Broken wing - Michael
Penguin - Saul
Albatross - Kalani
Vulture - Kelly
Chicken Little - Pegs
Raven - Burt
Toucan - Angel

Good job RedShirt. +rep

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Ok, so the game is fun but it could be a bit more streamlined, I'll agree. Witch Doctor's solution may be an alternative but it seems a bit laborious to be going back and linking all this stuff. Pretty much any questions that are from more than, say, 3 pages back are going to be answered anyway.

What about just going back and deleting the question once someone answers it?

This raises a pretty good question on forum etiquette and forum "house" rules... when jumping into a thread already in progress, how much of it should you read up on? My general rule of thumb, depending on info density, is <10 I'm going to read all of it. <20 heavy skimming and >20 sampling & light skimming, both I'll read all of the previous 3-5 pages.

Then again that depends on the importance of the subject... For the chapter 36 discussion, I read all (then) 36 pages of it before jumping in.

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
Give me 6 call signs (avian related) and who they belong to?
Rep for all 6

There are way more than 6, but you are probably looking for:

Broken wing - Michael
Penguin - Saul
Albatross - Kalani
Vulture - Kelly
Chicken Little - Pegs
Raven - Burt
Toucan - Angel

but then there is:

Nest - The Tower/Tower guard room
Hen - Bell 412 Huey
Rooster - HH3 Pelican
Blue Jay & Robin - Jakob and James (don't think which is which is specified)

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
I could go on and on with these but I'll limit myself to this last one for today:

Who did Kelly call an "ass" and for what reason?

Edit: because I thought adding this would be fun...

Who did Angel say was an "ass", and why?

If I can get an answer for each by someone different, 1 rep each, much appreciated.

turbo
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM
What were Victors first words?

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
What were Victors first words?

"Move, and you're dead"

Sammy D
Jan 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
"Move and you're dead"

though I was very sorely tempted to put da-da or ma-ma.

edited:

sorry, robzombie you posted while I was typing.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
Question: What is Riley's call sign?

UPDATE: RobZombie correctly answered this question. See his answer here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3984-We-re-Alive-REP-ivia!!!&p=54682&viewfull=1#post54682).

Witch_Doctor
Jan 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Question: (This is an earlier question that has been re-phrased) What is the likely reason that Burt has the call sign, Raven?

Try to guess without the hint.
Hint You are gonna need a little knowledge of American Literature for this one

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Question: (This is an earlier question that has been re-phrased) What is the likely reason that Burt has the call sign, Raven?

Because Edgar Allen Poe who wrote The Raven had worked at a place called Burtons Gentlemans Magazine???
or is it because Burt always quotes...just like the Raven ..."quoth the Raven"

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM
Question: What is Riley's call sign?

Oiseau...french for bird

Sorry if I'm hogging. I'll try to contribute equally.

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
An easy one:

"an angel gets his wings" -when?

and a harder one:

What recording devices (edit: that actually recorded, not monitored or anything else) have been used by WA characters, by whom, and under what circumstances (what was going on)?

+1 rep for each

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:31 PM
An easy one:

"an angel gets his wings" -when?

and a harder one:

What recording devices have been used by WA characters, by whom, and under what circumstances (what was going on)?

+1 rep for each

Every time a tower falls, an Angel gets his wings...

A tape recorder was used by Lizzy, as an extension to her journal after she got "kicked" out of the Tower. It was found by Saul in the cab of the truck she was in with Bricks and Tardust, after the Arena attack when Saul went AWOL from the airport.

A TIVO was used also by Lizzy, very shortly into their stay at the Tower. She was checking the apartments for TIVO's and other DVR's hoping to find recorded news segments.

Camcorders were put to use (after modification) by Tommy, along with monitors, in order to provide the Tower with improved security.

Hope was also shown how to use the audio segment of the enhanced (post fire S.02) Tower security system.

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM
Every time a tower falls, an Angel gets his wings....

No, No, no...

It was: "Every time an RPG fires, an Angel gets his wings."

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM
K, ya got the first one RedShirt, rep coming up...ah it wont let me, yet.
And check my edit for the harder one. You have a couple but not all.

clem131
Jan 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM
I could go on and on with these but I'll limit myself to this last one for today:

Who did Kelly call an "ass" and for what reason?

Edit: because I thought adding this would be fun...

Who did Angel say was an "ass", and why?

If I can get an answer for each by someone different, 1 rep each, much appreciated.

About the first one, I can think of at least two instances:
Angel asks if there's "any Kelly gobblers out there" and after someone (Steven?) says no, she answers something like "thank you, ass".
She also comments on Michael upon arriving at Irwin "So it wasn't you being an ass, just your training"

Sammy D
Jan 21st, 2013, 04:18 PM

The raven is a poem about a man who greatly misses his lost love and speaks to a thing that won't truly respond (like a certain desert eagle) as a means of reaching out to her. Seems like a perfect description of Burt though I doubt Burt himself would state that as his reason.
Lets also note the ancient folklore associations in multiple cultures with the raven as the wily trickster. Seems like Burt to me.

Litmaster
Jan 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM

Er, be-cause he used to be a big David Bowie fan and, uh, was born with an unfortunate speech impediment that prevents him from properly articulating the letter s...

Prison guys game him shit about it and the name stuck. :p

Robzombie
Jan 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
About the first one, I can think of at least two instances:
Angel asks if there's "any Kelly gobblers out there" and after someone (Steven?) says no, she answers something like "thank you, ass".
She also comments on Michael upon arriving at Irwin "So it wasn't you being an ass, just your training"

You got the first one (+1 rep), now if someone can remember when Angel said it...

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2013, 08:18 PM
You got the first one (+1 rep), now if someone can remember when Angel said it...

Chapter 24, The tower crew was packing up to leave for Irwin while Michael, Saul, Burt (and a few others) were prepping for the bogus exchange at the golf course.

She said "Thanks for that, by the way. Ass." and it was Steven.

And check my edit for the harder one. You have a couple but not all.

As for the recording devices, the only other one that I can think of at the moment is Tanya used a scanner to digitally transfer the Tower crews journals into (I'm guessing) a laptop.

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:22 PM
As for the recording devices, the only other one that I can think of at the moment is Tanya used a scanner to digitally transfer the Tower crews journals into (I'm guessing) a laptop.

CJ had video cameras recording at Dunbar Towers (re: a still of TOWTM pulled from video & vid of Kalani going in and out of the radio room).

Dentist/Doctor at the Maller occupied Colony used an ultrasound machine on Lizzy and recorded a picture of the little one with it.

And of course, a whole bunch of people have used a very common recording device - the journal. They have been recording thoughts and events in them since early in Season 1. Examples include Michael, Saul, Pegs, Burt, Kalani, Datu... :-)

clem131
Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:50 AM
CJ had video cameras recording at Dunbar Towers (re: a still of TOWTM pulled from video & vid of Kalani going in and out of the radio room).

Dentist/Doctor at the Maller occupied Colony used an ultrasound machine on Lizzy and recorded a picture of the little one with it.

And of course, a whole bunch of people have used a very common recording device - the journal. They have been recording thoughts and events in them since early in Season 1. Examples include Michael, Saul, Pegs, Burt, Kalani, Datu... :-)

I did not see mentioned the camera used to film Angel dying, did I miss it?