PDA

View Full Version : Character Treatment of each other

DeadMen_Walking
Dec 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Why are all the characters so sarcastic and short with each other? Almost every conversation I picture my mother-in-law.

Cabbage Patch
Dec 19th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I expect they're mostly constipated from the steady diet of MREs. I know that always made me short-tempered and sarcastic.

Osiris
Dec 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Because they're all dicks. That's right... I fucking said it. DEAL WITH IT.

7oddisdead
Dec 19th, 2012, 11:32 PM
there is no character named dick.

DeadMen_Walking
Dec 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Because they're all dicks. That's right... I fucking said it. DEAL WITH IT.

Stop yelling.

I guess sarcasm is better than Scratch's constant yelling and over compensation due to daddy not loving her enough or maybe loving her too much. That's right....I fucking said it. DEAL WITH IT.

scbubba
Dec 20th, 2012, 08:58 AM

Wasn't there a redshirt at the Colony named Richard? Or am i just making stuff up....

DeadMen_Walking
Dec 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Wasn't there a redshirt at the Colony named Richard? Or am i just making stuff up....

I think so. It might have been "Willy". I think he only had one eye...

Elisa
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
They are living in a ZA world hard to be happy campers all the time. One bad decision or mistake and your dead or kill others. Can't trust anyone especially strangers. I would say its stressful and tense.

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Brenda?

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Stop yelling.

I guess sarcasm is better than Scratch's constant yelling and over compensation due to daddy not loving her enough or maybe loving her too much. That's right....I fucking said it. DEAL WITH IT.

Sorry, what?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM

Dick Cheney did not survive Z-Day then, did he?

DeadMen_Walking
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Dick Cheney did not survive Z-Day then, did he?

I'm thinking it was Dick Cheney who started this whole thing. He may be Painted Man...

Sammy D
Jan 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM
The sarcasm can pretty well be explained as just a way to vent.

As the great Jimmy Buffett once said "if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane"

As far as the shortness, and occasional generally bad attitude I only need to quote the show

"Why is everyone we meet a big aggressive a-hole?" - Pegs
"Because all the passive ones are dead. " - Michael

Red Shirt
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:55 PM

Wait, what?

:D

Joben
Jan 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Why are all the characters so sarcastic and short with each other? Almost every conversation I picture my mother-in-law.

Besides the situation being high stress selecting for Alpha type people surviving mostly I think some of it comes down to the requirments of the format.

If you're trying to tell a story in 20 minutes all the character interaction have to be written very briefly. This telegraphic style can make arguments sound a bit more blunt than they might otherwise. There isn't room for the beating around the bush and softening harsh words real people do when arguing with friends.