PDA

View Full Version : Question about building next to tower

StrangeMeadowlark
Dec 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hey, quick question, not really sure where to post this.
Does it ever mention in the show what the building next to tower is(the one that they do the tests with sweat bottles/take off in the helicopter from)?
Let me know if this is the wrong place to post this please :)

Elisa
Dec 20th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hmm I thought it was another apartment or office building but not really. Remember they found that 8th and Grand note on one of the maulers, were they heading there? Did they find CJ's safe zones or gardens? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. Newbie here :o

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I don't think there will ever be another tower.

nikvoodoo
Dec 20th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hey, quick question, not really sure where to post this.
Does it ever mention in the show what the building next to tower is(the one that they do the tests with sweat bottles/take off in the helicopter from)?
Let me know if this is the wrong place to post this please :)

No, there is no mention as to what the other building was specifically. In my head, I was thinking another apartment building just because of zoning type laws, but obviously cities have office buildings next to apartments all the time.

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I totally didn't read this thread, and my previous post is reflective of that fact.

scbubba
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I totally didn't read this thread, and my previous post is reflective of that fact.

I thought the same thing you did, Osi. I was trying to figure out why it even came up.... D'oh!

nikvoodoo
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I haz reading comprehensionz WIN!

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I haz reading comprehensionz WIN!

I swear I will negatively rep you.

At least I owned it.

nikvoodoo
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I swear I will negatively rep you.

At least I owned it.

Honestly, I thought the same thing. I went back and re-read it just before I posted. I'm just happy I caught it on 3 hours of sleep. And I was saying it in the first person as in I win. I wasn't making fun of y'all.

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Honestly, I thought the same thing. I went back and re-read it just before I posted. I'm just happy I caught it on 3 hours of sleep. And I was saying it in the first person as in I win. I wasn't making fun of y'all.

I will STILL kick you right in the balls.

With love. :love:

scbubba
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM

Awwww..... you guys are so sweet.....

nikvoodoo
Dec 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM

I would expect nothing less from ye my good sir.

*bites thumb*

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Awwww..... you guys are so sweet.....

Yes. Yes we are sweet. In a ball kicking sort of way.

Osiris
Dec 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I would expect nothing less from ye my good sir.

*bites thumb*

Good idea... I'm going in dry.

scbubba
Dec 21st, 2012, 03:58 AM

Um... I'm gonna, you know, go now. Uh.... yeah. Bye.

Witch_Doctor
Dec 21st, 2012, 06:06 AM
I thought it was an office building but now I can't find anything that suggests that. Not sure if it's an apartment building. They're close enough to have secured it and used it as either a back-up, replacement or extension to the Tower.

nikvoodoo
Dec 21st, 2012, 06:47 AM

Yeah...that's not the manner in which I was biting my thumb at you sir. I meant more in the old world way....

Osiris
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yeah...that's not the manner in which I was biting my thumb at you sir. I meant more in the old world way....

Oh, I'll old world your thumb biting, sir. I'll old world the fuck out of it. Now... lemme get up in them guts...

Osiris
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Um... I'm gonna, you know, go now. Uh.... yeah. Bye.

You can't leave. I need you to hold the camera.

StrangeMeadowlark
Dec 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM
this thread got really weird really fast...

Osiris
Dec 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
this thread got really weird really fast...

That's what happens when I stay sober long enough to open a browser.

reaper239
Dec 21st, 2012, 12:08 PM
osi, i wonder about you

Mograppler
Dec 21st, 2012, 12:37 PM
... This is.... Interesting.

Anyways, I always figured that it was just another smaller apartment building. Then again, I'm wrong on that stuff almost all the time, so take that with a grain of salt... Except for you Osiris, you probably don't need any salt, that might burn.

scbubba
Dec 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
You can't leave. I need you to hold the camera.

I thought you were doing POV for this one?

scbubba
Dec 21st, 2012, 06:05 PM
That's what happens when I stay sober long enough to open a browser.

Some WA forum mathematics:

Osiris + Alcohol = very interesting posts (*)

Osiris + Sober = very interesting posts (*)

* see my sig for possible definitions of 'interesting'

Oh, and also...

http://i.imgur.com/4bFX6.jpg

katlero
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:33 PM
Ah Shakespeare references. I knew I liked you nikvoodoo.

Question actually pertaining to the subject of this thread, does the previous use for surrounding buildings matter in relation to the now destroyed tower?

StrangeMeadowlark
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Did someone say spiderman?
http://i.imgur.com/M7qpA.png
Thanks for all the answers to original question guys, really helpful :)

katlero
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:54 PM
Do you have any theories about the building next door?

scbubba
Dec 21st, 2012, 10:56 PM
Do you have any theories about the building next door?

Ahem....

http://i.imgur.com/qzOGC.jpg

Sammy D
Jan 12th, 2013, 06:32 PM
The nature of that building actually could take on some importance in season four. Because it has already been established to be a rooftop with enough access for a helicopter and the lower sections were at the time secured(this may no longer be the case. I haven't listened to that chapter again yet). So that building may be the starting point of some attempts to take back L.A. Whether it is an office or standard building could effect how suitable it is for a starting point until they gain access to CJ's caches. Or it could be completely irrelevant and I'm just not thinking straight. Both are quite possible!

LiamKerrington
Jan 13th, 2013, 01:19 AM
The nature of that building actually could take on some importance in season four. Because it has already been established to be a rooftop with enough access for a helicopter and the lower sections were at the time secured(this may no longer be the case. I haven't listened to that chapter again yet). So that building may be the starting point of some attempts to take back L.A. Whether it is an office or standard building could effect how suitable it is for a starting point until they gain access to CJ's caches. Or it could be completely irrelevant and I'm just not thinking straight. Both are quite possible!

Haven't thought of it. Makes a lot of sense.

Miss
Mar 11th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I doubt that the next door tower will have any importance in season 4 for any LA reclaiming since CJ has many "proper" safe houses that will be far more eaiser to secure since they are already secure