PDA

View Full Version : Lonesome Stranger - what roles will he play in season #4?

LiamKerrington
Dec 9th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Hi.

The last thing we 'saw' of him, was that he changed the tires for the vehicle of Kalani's and Angel's. Before that he told them everything he knew about Behemoths, the first appearance of Little-Ones, and some other stuff about any other zombie. He had a 'safespot' or 'safehouse' of his own near the military facility and lived from MREs and other stuff he found.

Later he was mentioned in the Kalani-Backstory. And somehow he seems to have something to do with the attack by Ink on CJ's Tower. At least he feels a lot of guilt about what happened there.

Since those incidents many months have past. He was on his own, and he was neither mentioned or encountered again. Although he seems to have a somewhat broken mind, he also is kind of the solitary survivor in ways unimaginable.

Unless you still have not figured, of whom I speak, his name is Duncan, also known as Skittles.

Do you think, he still is alive?
And if so, what did he do in the last months, what does he do right now, what will he do in the future - besides surviving or trying to survive?
And do you think, he will take kind of a key-function in the story or a side-plot? And would this involve him to die, or to regain his sanity, at least his peace by relieving him of the guilt he suffers from?
What would happen, if CJ and Duncan meet again?
In short: What role(s) will he play in season #4, and why, and how?

Plenty of questions, I do know that. But we have plenty of time ahead to think and discuss this, if you are interested in it.

All the best!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 9th, 2012, 04:29 AM
He is still out there, we will see him again and he will play an pivotal role in season 4. He is simply more than a comic relief - e.g. he put his madness aside and did some rather rational things when Kalani and Angel faced the behemoth. And he survived out there longer than most of the other survivors. Maybe he was indeed one sharp mind scientist at Raydon Labs, who knows...

scbubba
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I think we'll see him again and, like YABC said, in a pivotal role. I think the cracked brain, guilt ridden conscious, and intelligence will all come together to give us something we don't know about up til now. <cue dramatic music> "secrets will be revealed, questions will be answered..."

Litmaster
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Yep. Doesn't make sense, plot-wise, for him to just disappear or turn up dead. His most pivotal role will be intel about Ink and the gang... perhaps he will come up with something crucial that will allow our boys to finally overthrow the Pinstriped One...

Robzombie
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:06 PM
What if Skittles was the dude with the beard, da da daaaa!!!! What if? Some are assuming that it was Randy but we don't know....and Skittles was left alone for some reason at his tower when they were first attacked...maybe he can get around unnoticed. I don't remember much being said about what was going on around the person with the beard, only that he was seen...from there we're to guess who that was...I'm guessing it was Skittles.

scbubba
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
What if Skittles was the dude with the beard, da da daaaa!!!! What if? Some are assuming that it was Randy but we don't know....and Skittles was left alone for some reason at his tower when they were first attacked...maybe he can get around unnoticed. I don't remember much being said about what was going on around the person with the beard, only that he was seen...from there we're to guess who that was...I'm guessing it was Skittles.

So, are you saying Skittles has been turned or that he managed to "infiltrate" the Zed horde by dressing (and smelling) up like them?

Either way, it makes for a very interesting thought...

Robzombie
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:43 PM
So, are you saying Skittles has been turned or that he managed to "infiltrate" the Zed horde by dressing (and smelling) up like them?

Actually neither. If it's him, then I'm guessing that he's just been following them, and was however noticed by Saul as he was getting a view of what was happening. Could very well be Randy, but I'm leaning more to us being left to assume that it was Randy, but surprised later to find that it was Skittles...who knows, I stopped being so definitive in my predictions some time ago.

What if...we are no longer dealing with "Skittles" but a recovered or partially recovered Duncan...

LiamKerrington
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Haven't thought about this case. Interesting thought.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 10th, 2012, 10:42 AM

Interesting thought, but we are talking about

http://di1-1.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/e0/c9/fd/104021699-260x260-0-0_Rasta+Imposta+Adult+Skittles+Wrapper+Costume.jpg

Skittles. I do not think that that is highly likely. Judging by his previous behavior, I cannot see any indication why he should have overcome his zombie fear and his madness.

superfanboy
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Quick question. What all do we really know about randy? Obviously Michael knew him from before but other than that do we know anything?

Robzombie
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Quick question. What all do we really know about randy? Obviously Michael knew him from before but other than that do we know anything?

Absolutely nothing. Other than however Michael dealt with things at the waterworks it had something to do with Randy. We don't know if Michael knew Randy before whatever happened at the water works or if that was his first encounter with him. I think thats about it right?? Then Randy tried to take Tanya...which personnally I think was for Ink at the arena and not his own purpose, but right now who knows.

scbubba
Dec 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Absolutely nothing. Other than however Michael dealt with things at the waterworks it had something to do with Randy. We don't know if Michael knew Randy before whatever happened at the water works or if that was his first encounter with him. I think thats about it right?? Then Randy tried to take Tanya...which personnally I think was for Ink at the arena and not his own purpose, but right now who knows.

We're pretty sure Randy was from CJ's tower and was at the waterworks for them. Michael & Randy had some interaction there after our heroes got separated. There's a big mystery there.

The part where Randy grabs Tanya is odd. Was it a random grab (just the first person they came across)? Was Tanya targeted for a particular purpose - doctor (how would the Zeds know), gender, skin color, other physical characteristics? Or maybe one or more of the Zeds could tell the was something "different" about her (immunity maybe)?

After the season 3 finale, I'm starting to wonder about Zed intel. Hmmmm....

LiamKerrington
Dec 10th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Interesting turn in this topic.
Random pick or pick on purpose? I don't think Randy took Tanya because she was the doctor (, which does not mean that nevertheless this could be have been the case); but at that time the zeehs already set up traps to capture survivors. So, when Tanya was caught by Randy and zeehs, this might have been something like a lucky shot or opportunity to capture a survivor. This would explain why they acted strangely to protect her from being retaken by The Towerites (as it seems).
Why so close at The Tower? Because the zombies observe the place, because it is one of the few places with plenty of survivors.

Robzombie
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Just some thoughts...perhaps when the normal z's have been fed they are easier to control, by Ink that is, and perhaps by his "generals" or "special forces" Little Ones. At the arena we saw how much food was being eaten, then soon after Ink was able to have his way with Samantha without being concerned that the other z's would eat them up themselves. This controlled behavior contrasts with the behaviour displayed during the sweat test, as the z's seemed to have lost all control then. Once their hunger can be satiated, they can be controlled and directed. What I'm saying is that the taking of Tanya or anyone else for that matter and not eating them immediatly seems to be a directed action to either collect food, toys for Ink, or collect other potential "smart-ones" for their own ranks.

LiamKerrington
Dec 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM
What I'm saying is that the taking of Tanya or anyone else for that matter and not eating them immediatly seems to be a directed action to either collect food, toys for Ink, or collect other potential "smart-ones" for their own ranks.

Absolutely.

Just came to my mind: Will Datu and Samantha, or even worse, Hope and Samantha meet again - in whatever state Samantha might be? I just depict this incredible disgusting and vile scenery, when Starbuck wakes up in a hospital and finds the cylons' breeding-machines ... *yuk*