PDA

View Full Version : Rage Infected vs Undead

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:39 PM
What kind of zombies are these? Did they die when they got infected or are they still alive. If they are dead there is no hope for a cure.
The fact that there are different kinds is the problem to me, if they were living would that be possible? If they are all dead, we have only to look for a way to make people immune.
Just the most basic thing that came to mind today. let me know what you think, or if this has already been answered.

scbubba
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:53 PM
What kind of zombies are these? Did they die when they got infected or are they still alive. If they are dead there is no hope for a cure.
The fact that there are different kinds is the problem to me, if they were living would that be possible? If they are all dead, we have only to look for a way to make people immune.
Just the most basic thing that came to mind today. let me know what you think, or if this has already been answered.

Well, Tanya did an autopsy on one of the "advanced" little ones at Fort Irwin and basically said that they were alive and very human-like on the inside. That's in chapter 33 (Red Winter) I think.

Osiris
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I'd have to vote that they're some mutation.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks. Mutated humans got it. :)

Osiris
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks. Mutated humans got it. :)

What I say should not be considered canon by any stretch of the imagination. But, what else would you call them?

scbubba
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:37 PM
What I say should not be considered canon by any stretch of the imagination. But, what else would you call them?

I think mutated sums it up pretty well. "Evolved" might be the term used in the zombe classrooms though...

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:49 PM

I have no idea. Although something I can't forget is when Riley and angel were in the pile of dead bodies in the arena, zombies were pulling parts out. To me it felt like they were a work force of zombies. Couldn't help but think they were building something with them. What if they used spare parts for the little ones and behemoths. Doesn't explain the changed little ones, but it's something I haven't been able to let go of since I heard it.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Well, let's call them rock stars. Why? They have been an insider's tip in the 1960s / 1970s, when you have been flying high due to the efforts of various gifted directors. They showed us how fragile the fabric of our society really is. Then they nearly vanished in the 1980s / 1990s due to Star Wars and John Hughes' comedies. However, the zeeh returned like Aerosmith. And they never gave a shit (literally) about personal / oral hygiene.

Oh, I am letting my mind wander... :)

scbubba
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Well, let's call them rock stars. Why? They have been an insider's tip in the 1960s / 1970s, when you have been flying high due to the efforts of various gifted directors. They showed us how fragile the fabric of our society really is. Then they nearly vanished in the 1980s / 1990s due to Star Wars and John Hughes' comedies. However, the zeeh returned like Aerosmith. And they never gave a shit (literally) about personal / oral hygiene.

Oh, I am letting my mind wander... :)

Now this post is Zombie Evolution right there.... Good stuff

Spazz
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I have no idea. Although something I can't forget is when Riley and angel were in the pile of dead bodies in the arena, zombies were pulling parts out. To me it felt like they were a work force of zombies. Couldn't help but think they were building something with them. What if they used spare parts for the little ones and behemoths. Doesn't explain the changed little ones, but it's something I haven't been able to let go of since I heard it.
I agree i think that the z's were pulling out the parts to like maybe study some characteristics or like transplant parts to make these big behemoths and the little ones. or maybe whoever made the "Little Ones" is just experimenting with meds in the hospital making really strong traits or what not.. idk just thinking on that

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I agree i think that the z's were pulling out the parts to like maybe study some characteristics or like transplant parts to make these big behemoths and the little ones. or maybe whoever made the "Little Ones" is just experimenting with meds in the hospital making really strong traits or what not.. idk just thinking on that

Or it could just be that they were feeding the behemoths. There is a lot of things that could be going on. It is scary that there is so much control over the norm-zos.

Spazz
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Or it could just be that they were feeding the behemoths. There is a lot of things that could be going on. It is scary that there is so much control over the norm-zos.
that would make sense because i am re-listening and they were pulling only parts off of the dead bodies in the arena. At first when i listened i was thinking something totally different. and yeah its pretty crazy that there is so much control over the normal biters they are pretty much just a work force for the one with the markings.

Osiris
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:29 PM

I have spent way too many hours trying not to think about that chapter.

Osiris
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
that would make sense because i am re-listening and they were pulling only parts off of the dead bodies in the arena. At first when i listened i was thinking something totally different. and yeah its pretty crazy that there is so much control over the normal biters they are pretty much just a work force for the one with the markings.

Pinhead is just one man. Always two there are.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Pinhead is just one man. Always two there are.

Wouldn't that be Randy?

Osiris
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Wouldn't that be Randy?

I'm not really certain if it would be someone we've met already or if there is going to be a big bad for the final season that isn't Pinhead.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Like a god zombie from ground zero, I like

Osiris
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Like a god zombie from ground zero, I like

Maybe not a god... I've been wondering about the hospital for some time now. The Pinhead Making The Baddies theory is good and all... but there may be something beyond him... I don't think he was the one creating the little ones, I think he's a student of sorts.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Maybe my Cain observation had some merit. We're looking for the marker, the one who created the specials and the one in control.

Osiris
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe my Cain observation had some merit. We're looking for the marker, the one who created the specials and the one in control.

Agreed.

scbubba
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:37 PM

Agreed.

I like where you guys are going with this. I was listening to Chapters 1 - 3 again yesterday and today and something that struck me about Bill Roberts, aka Ink, is that we don't get any information that he's a super genius or anything. Just paranoid schizo. In other words, I'm not really buying him as the mastermind type. Cruel, unusual, and other fun stuff like that maybe. But not the brains behind something that broke out in dozens or hundreds of metropolitan locations worldwide all at once.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Twist! Michael's been behind it the whole time!
No, it's KC not m night shyamalan

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I like where you guys are going with this. I was listening to Chapters 1 - 3 again yesterday and today and something that struck me about Bill Roberts, aka Ink, is that we don't get any information that he's a super genius or anything. Just paranoid schizo. In other words, I'm not really buying him as the mastermind type. Cruel, unusual, and other fun stuff like that maybe. But not the brains behind something that broke out in dozens or hundreds of metropolitan locations worldwide all at once.

Perhaps it's all a hallucination or dream, a la st elsewhere and bill Roberts is still in the truck on the way to the nuthouse....

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Sorry, looks like we kinda took a serious point and made jokes. it's just kind of hard to imagine a zombie that has so much control it commands the world, but it doesn't at the same time. If there is such a zombie I see him being able to make conversation and send messages. If Randy and TOWTM fall during the battle, that takes out two of his arms in LA. That would start to make the people formally of the tower a problem for him. Since it wouldn't be good for the story to kill everyone off at the colony, and that is clearly what (name, need a name for this guy, king of zos or KZ, ah perfect The Marker) The Marker wants, sending enough to surround the freaking place, he wants them gone or turned. Origin story for him I have none, but if he does exist he isn't special like the little ones, he's just smart, smart enough to create the others.

scbubba
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Perhaps it's all a hallucination or dream, a la st elsewhere and bill Roberts is still in the truck on the way to the nuthouse....

Two words: The Illuminati

Mulder!!!!!!

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Tho whole time since i listened the first time, i have been thinking that bill roberts had somehow infected himself or done something to start it all. The way the story starts that made a lot of sense to me but the only way to find out is to be patient :3

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Sorry, looks like we kinda took a serious point and made jokes. it's just kind of hard to imagine a zombie that has so much control it commands the world, but it doesn't at the same time. If there is such a zombie I see him being able to make conversation and send messages. If Randy and TOWTM fall during the battle, that takes out two of his arms in LA. That would start to make the people formally of the tower a problem for him. Since it wouldn't be good for the story to kill everyone off at the colony, and that is clearly what (name, need a name for this guy, king of zos or KZ, ah perfect The Marker) The Marker wants, sending enough to surround the freaking place, he wants them gone or turned. Origin story for him I have none, but if he does exist he isn't special like the little ones, he's just smart, smart enough to create the others.

I do not think that we will get additional antagonists from this point on. It would just slow down the story due to the required characterization of a new foe. And of course, there have been not been even single clues of, for instance, The Marker. Especially Durai lacked a decent introduction, still I cannot understand how he became the Maller's leader.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Tho whole time since i listened the first time, i have been thinking that bill roberts had somehow infected himself or done something to start it all. The way the story starts that made a lot of sense to me but the only way to find out is to be patient :3

Or he was a guinea pig for someone...

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Or he was a guinea pig for someone...
this is getting good now.. the possibilities are endless. I think inglewood is going to come back into the picture and some crazy shit is gonna go down and we will be enlightened by whoever is the main main leader of the Z's. Also i think that the cracks in the ground that dont seem to end have something to do with the infections. i thought of the chances of the arena being a small meetup for the z's and maybe there is some sort of underground lair or crypt where all head Z's take orders.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:45 AM
An underground crypt doesn't seem right. It's too... Major motion picture. I also don't see the characters going and looking for trouble. They'll need supplies, but they aren't the type to go look for trouble. The marker, if he exists, will be coming after the tower folk, they've caused too much trouble. Too good at surviving near a source. Where he conducts experiments, and creates monsters. Bloodycheek, that's why he talks. With most of the mallers on the run, or dead, season four needs a new threat or for it to be a complete fight for survival.

scbubba
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:51 AM
An underground crypt doesn't seem right. It's too... Major motion picture. I also don't see the characters going and looking for trouble. They'll need supplies, but they aren't the type to go look for trouble. The marker, if he exists, will be coming after the tower folk, they've caused too much trouble. Too good at surviving near a source. Where he conducts experiments, and creates monsters. Bloodycheek, that's why he talks. With most of the mallers on the run, or dead, season four needs a new threat or for it to be a complete fight for survival.

I do wonder if there is an "overarching badguy" in WA. Meaning Zeds everywhere are being controlled by one being. I keep leaning towards something like a natural or manmade (with unintended consequences) event that changed people to Zed.

Then, in areas of the world, local "smart ones" exerted control and started doing their own thing. TOWTM decided to start experimenting in LA. But there wasn't a smart one in the Colony vicinity so the Zeds there didn't show the same behaviors or diversity (until Chapter 35, that is...)

So, my stake in the ground right now -> no super-worldwide-baddie.... (until I change my mind)

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Well i don't see them looking for trouble, but i could see them stumbling upon something that they probably shouldn't which results in confrontation with the marker. and maybe the one that talks is bill roberts. also like you said season 4 does need a new threat. unless it is the last season and everything begins to settle down towards the end.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM
No settling down! It has to end exciting. What didn't make sense that he had to read all the journals? Was it what happened, in that case we won't figure it out unless they do something where the story continues after the line.
I'd like to think that the marker is not universal, but is more of a creator figure for the specials.

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
What I am really getting confused by is that on the wiki it Says randy is skittles nickname but skittles real name is duncan but also people are referring to randy as one of the Z leaders or whatever. and also like when michael was at the hospital in the colony he was saying randy when he was unconscious. so its a big jumble of stuff.

scbubba
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
What I am really getting confused by is that on the wiki it Says randy is skittles nickname but skittles real name is duncan but also people are referring to randy as one of the Z leaders or whatever. and also like when michael was at the hospital in the colony he was saying randy when he was unconscious. so its a big jumble of stuff.

Not sure about the Randy/Skittles nickname deal. Randy and Skittles were both in Dunbar Apts at the same time, if i recall correctly. Randy was supposedly sent to the waterworks by CJ before Dunbar was raided by TOWTM. Michael had the run-in with the behemoth at the waterworks but we still don't have his story. Michael muttered Randy a bunch when he was being operated on by Tanya and then when Tanya got snatched by a Zed, Michael id'ed the Zed as "Randy".

Randy as a Zed "leader" is speculation based on chapter 35 stuff. No confirmation of that yet AFAIK.

Hope that helps (anyone please feel free to correct anything I messed up)

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM
okay thanks scbubba that helps clear up a bunch for stuff for me. So i now think that randy had some sort of a leadership role in dunbar apts then when he went to the water works must have been turned and whoever is the Zed leader may have seen potential in him to make him one of the guinea pigs. And that's right we never did hear michael's story of what happened in the water works which leaves a pretty big hole for things. do you think that maybe he will talk about it more when he is reading his journal as a live account?

scbubba
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
okay thanks scbubba that helps clear up a bunch for stuff for me. So i now think that randy had some sort of a leadership role in dunbar apts then when he went to the water works must have been turned and whoever is the Zed leader may have seen potential in him to make him one of the guinea pigs. And that's right we never did hear michael's story of what happened in the water works which leaves a pretty big hole for things. do you think that maybe he will talk about it more when he is reading his journal as a live account?

Ahh, Michael.... when will we ever hear your waterworks escape story? Oh please God don't let it be romantical..... :mad:

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Ahh, Michael.... when will we ever hear your waterworks escape story? Oh please God don't let it be romantical..... :mad:
xD michael must have had an intimate moment with the behemoth to convince it?/her? to let him go this time :cool:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Oh, another braindead love romance! :) <br />
<br />
By the way, let's what we have got: <br />
<br />
- Is there a global antagonist? Probably not. Not every franchise needs a brain bug. We only got 12 chapters left...

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Dude. You can't go off topic it's changed so much

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Yeah he's right. i was gonna reply but didn't know what the hell to say to that. keep it more along the lines of michael and behemoth gettin frisky? xD

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:28 PM

I feel honored to be called dude, thanks man.

http://www.rebelzen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/the_big_lebowski___jeff_bridges.jpg

scbubba
Nov 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I feel honored to be called dude, thanks man.

http://www.rebelzen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/the_big_lebowski___jeff_bridges.jpg

Your post really tied this thread together.

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM
At least it hasn't become a Spider-Man thread...... Yet

scbubba
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM
At least it hasn't become a Spider-Man thread...... Yet

Not yet indeed....
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/2888_418990541481963_816712553_n.jpg

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah he's right. i was gonna reply but didn't know what the hell to say to that. keep it more along the lines of michael and behemoth gettin frisky? xD

Well Michael walked up behind him reached up and...
Hehehe

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM

*Michael's eyes widened into saucers of sheer panic and excitement as he watched the behemoth's baseball bat-sized member sway like a tree trunk in a hurricane. The behemoth, as yet unaware of the growing desire beneath what remained of his tattered rags, lunged at Michael, the latter diving for cover at the last minute and the behemoth sliding face first into the abandoned road. The behemoth roared in rage and frustration as the last remnants of his clothing were sheared off in the fall by the loose gravel and crumbling macadam. As the creature regains his footing, revealing four softball size testicles and sixteen green buttcheeks, Michael lets out a cry of his own. A single word as his own shed pants float in the wind: 'SWORDFIGHT'!*

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:47 PM
xD michael must have had an intimate moment with the behemoth to convince it?/her? to let him go this time :cool:

yes.

scbubba
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:56 PM
A single word as his own shed pants float in the wind: 'SWORDFIGHT'!*

Oh, you went there didn't you....

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/textarticle_640/2012/08/10/mckayladisappointed.jpg

:cool:

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Again Tyler, you gross!!!!

Spazz
Nov 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
aha you guys are great. i knew michael got away easily!

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Would love to know where randy was during that....

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Would love to know where randy was during that....

Oh you say I'm gross in one post, but then you inquire about Randy's whereabouts, eh? :D

Also, call me Deacon - Tyler is my last name :p

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Oh you say I'm gross in one post, but then you inquire about Randy's whereabouts, eh? :D

Also, call me Deacon - Tyler is my last name :p

I never said gross was a bad thing Mr. Tyler. I quite enjoyed your story, but it was farther than I thought it would go. Calling you gross was nearly my way of friendly banter. If it offended you I extended my highest apologies.
Also I will call you deacon from now on! Thanks for correction :)

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 29th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I never said gross was a bad thing Mr. Tyler. I quite enjoyed your story, but it was farther than I thought it would go. Calling you gross was nearly my way of friendly banter. If it offended you I extended my highest apologies.
Also I will call you deacon from now on! Thanks for correction :)

Nosir, I wasn't offended at all, just playful ribbing :D

the Michael/zombie fan fictions are seriously cracking me up. It's just so...nasty ;p

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM
There are more! I must go see these!!!!

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
There are more! I must go see these!!!!

I was tempted to write one about Lizzie and Scratch because I think there was something going on there, but the ones with Michael are just funnier - for some reason, Michael got on my nerves for most of the first 34 chapters (despite being a very well written character with an excellent voice actor) :p

FelixTheLastJumper
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:41 PM
For most of the show you hated him? I hated him when he was an ass in the first and second season, but now he knows what it feels like to be on the other side, via Kimit. he'll never be my favorite though, CJ already stole that spot in my mind right before that dang jumper zombie.:cool: