PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One That Misses Buffy?

Osiris
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:50 PM
:(

That show was so fucking brilliant. I've been marathoning the series for the last few days. Balls deep into season two right now... soooooooon my second favourite female badass is going to show... I'll give candy to the person who figures it out.

werewolf
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:52 PM
my mommy told me never accept candy from strangers. lets face it Osiris you very strange.

eliza dushku = Faith

Osiris
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Nooooope.

werewolf
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM
spike's girlfriend?

its been a long time since i seen that series

Osiris
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Negative, sir.

Osiris
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Also, that was Drusilla. Juliet Landau was hooooot as fuck.

werewolf
Nov 20th, 2012, 09:01 PM
i had big crush on willow.

Osiris
Nov 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Yuuuup. She mad cute.

But it's not her.

HardKor
Nov 20th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I loved that show. Still love it really. But I always think I liked Angel just a little more. Maybe that just because I'm still in love with Amy Acker AKA Fred.
As for your guessing game, all I can come up with is Kendra.

Osiris
Nov 20th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I loved that show. Still love it really. But I always think I liked Angel just a little more. Maybe that just because I'm still in love with Amy Acker AKA Fred.
As for your guessing game, all I can come up with is Kendra.

H'noop. Wasn't Kendra, but she was awesome for a time. I really disliked Angel as a character and never bothered watching the spin-off. My sister loved it though. The only reason I would have had to watch it would have been Charisma Carpenter...

reaper239
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:48 AM
never gott into buffy or angel, i am however doing another x-files run, now that's my show. when i worked third shift i would sit in my room all night watching episodes on my laptop and playing video games. good times. i may have to give buffy another go though.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
:(

That show was so fucking brilliant. I've been marathoning the series for the last few days. Balls deep into season two right now... soooooooon my second favourite female badass is going to show... I'll give candy to the person who figures it out.

I could not stand the first season. But then the show took off into the stellar sky. I did not watch it for "the monster of week", I liked the Scooby gang, the pop culture jokes and especially the later seasons and Faith of course. How could anyone not remember the musical episode? Great. And the great final episode. I liked the series a lot.

By the way, Orisis, have you seen the first Buffy movie from 1992 as well?

Osiris
Nov 22nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
I could not stand the first season. But then the show took off into the stellar sky. I did not watch it for "the monster of week", I liked the Scooby gang, the pop culture jokes and especially the later seasons and Faith of course. How could anyone not remember the musical episode? Great. And the great final episode. I liked the series a lot.

By the way, Orisis, have you seen the first Buffy movie from 1992 as well?

Bro, the movie was fucking canon for me. I had a hard time swallowing the first season because the movie had been such a big part of my more youthful days. Not that it's a great movie, not by any stretch... but it spoke to a time and a place when shit had a happy ending. A buffy movie today would be as bleak as the finale was... which made me weep like a bitch with a skinned knee. A lot of people discredited the show out of hand without giving it a fair shake. It wasn't always a monster of the week sort of show... there were brilliantly long arcs, an AMAZING ensemble cast, mind-bending writing, and a lot of heart. Something that today's shows lack in spades.

Once More... With Feeling was an awesome episode! I loved Faith, sure... but I really felt that was one of the weaker stories... there was so much more they could have developed. Seasons 5, 6, and 7 remain my favourites. Who couldn't love Nathan Fillion!? How about Dracula for crying out loud!?

Still... nobody's guessed.

Osiris
Nov 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
P.S. I just watched the fuck out of season six's "Normal Again." That may be one of the greatest episodes in the history of the show. Damn near rolled a tear when she said good-bye to her mother in the psych ward. Fuck... I mean you can telegraph it all the way, and you know what end is going to come... but to see her look into Joyce's eyes as she listens to the words her mother is saying to her... fuck it's heartbreaking.

"Fight it. You're too good to get them. You can beat this thing. Be strong, baby. I know you're afraid. I know the world seems like a hard place sometimes, but you've got people who love you. Your dad and I have all the faith in the world in you. We'll always be with you. You've got a world of strength in your heart, I know you do, you just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

I tried to find a clip of that last few minutes... but it would be impossible for me to view again tonight. I'd probably lose my shit.

http://i.imgur.com/cZtHl.jpg

love bump
Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Jenny Calendar is it? id hardly call her a badass tho.

Osiris
Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Jenny Calendar is it? id hardly call her a badass tho.

She was only in season 1 and 2. I'm fairly certain (though not 100%) that she only appears once in season 3 as The First in disguise. So... no. Not Jenny. But I really did like her a lot! She was good for Giles.

Good guess though!

mem
Nov 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I liked Anya. Our cat is named after her.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Bro, the movie was fucking canon for me. I had a hard time swallowing the first season because the movie had been such a big part of my more youthful days. Not that it's a great movie, not by any stretch... but it spoke to a time and a place when shit had a happy ending. A buffy movie today would be as bleak as the finale was... which made me weep like a bitch with a skinned knee. A lot of people discredited the show out of hand without giving it a fair shake. It wasn't always a monster of the week sort of show... there were brilliantly long arcs, an AMAZING ensemble cast, mind-bending writing, and a lot of heart. Something that today's shows lack in spades.

Once More... With Feeling was an awesome episode! I loved Faith, sure... but I really felt that was one of the weaker stories... there was so much more they could have developed. Seasons 5, 6, and 7 remain my favourites. Who couldn't love Nathan Fillion!? How about Dracula for crying out loud!?

Still... nobody's guessed.

A BTVS movie would suck because the Twilight Saga happened. There will not be a lobby for a true blood (pun?) adaption of the story. Nowadays, I have to say that a 3D movie is not any compensation for good storytelling as there might not be Joss Whedon available for the job. -> He is doing Avengers 2, is he not?

Osiris
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I liked Anya. Our cat is named after her.

:love: Winner!!!! Anya ftw!

Osiris
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:04 AM
A BTVS movie would suck because the Twilight Saga happened. There will not be a lobby for a true blood (pun?) adaption of the story. Nowadays, I have to say that a 3D movie is not any compensation for good storytelling as there might not be Joss Whedon available for the job. -> He is doing Avengers 2, is he not?

No idea what Whedon is getting involved in right now. As far as I know, the Buffy reboot has a standing green light, but all that means is there is studio interest. I hope it never happens... best to leave some creatures alone. Unless of course they merely pick up the pieces from the series finale and some new girl, in some new town is slaying monsters. You know... since they're all slayers now.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 27th, 2012, 08:45 AM
No idea what Whedon is getting involved in right now. As far as I know, the Buffy reboot has a standing green light, but all that means is there is studio interest. I hope it never happens... best to leave some creatures alone. Unless of course they merely pick up the pieces from the series finale and some new girl, in some new town is slaying monsters. You know... since they're all slayers now.

I do not know what to think of this: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Season_Eight). How you read any of these comics?

Osiris
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I do not know what to think of this: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Season_Eight). How you read any of these comics?

I really enjoyed what I've been able to read thus far, which is about 2/3 of the season eight run, ended up buying lost of multiples for variant covers and so forth--huge nerd like that, but fuck you. I just haven't had the time to devote to finding a new LCS to get more issues. But, yeah... I've really enjoyed seeing the story continue into places they simply couldn't have gone with the show--not as easily, anyway. I've been keeping my eyes out for the trades to start popping into my bookstore, at which I'm certain I'll force myself to have the time to get caught up on what's going on in the Slayerverse.

turbo
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I just did a huge marathon of Buffy a couple months ago, it was truly a good show, good cast of characters, good story, raunchy at times, and towards the end, very dark and twisted.

Osiris
Nov 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I just did a huge marathon of Buffy a couple months ago, it was truly a good show, good cast of characters, good story, raunchy at times, and towards the end, very dark and twisted.

:love: Totally agree. It's one of those shows that I can keep going back to, and I always pick up on something I missed before in the narrative. There's a surprising amount of complexity in the characters and story arcs. Really underrated.

Osiris
Nov 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I've said it once... but I'll say it again:

My Zompocalypse Dream Team

http://i.imgur.com/mADX7.jpg

Minus Riley. Fuck that guy, he was an annoying douche canoe.

Add

http://i.imgur.com/sFBTO.jpg

and

http://i.imgur.com/hpfi7.jpg