PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #52

nikvoodoo
Nov 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Aight.... Wnd #52 is coming to you from a land down under. This week's episode features a pair of folk from Australia and New Zealand! I'm excited! You should be too!

Ok.... What did you think? Lets have it! Thoughts on final episode before the season finale? Post them!

7oddisdead
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
cakes?

I mean, will there be cakes?

cupcakezombie
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Yes, there will be cakes!

SmokeyZombified
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Ok so I have a theory going on who has the highest chance of survival and who has the lowest chance. At this point I am really tempted to say no one survives at the Colony.. Which is unfortunate because all of my favorite characters are currently at the Colony. But look..the front door is wide open, they have an extremely small force and the two most bad ass zombies in the We're Alive world (Ink and Randy) have gathered a vast army. They're screwed. At least Irwin can fight back and although I think Irwin falls I wouldn't be surprised if Kc decides to let them win the battle and survive just to let Michael go to the Colony and find it annihilated. Anyway, here's my predictions for the people who survive the finale.

Fort Irwin survivor/non survivor predictions.

Predicted to live-

1.) Puck, he had his own POV which tells me he at least makes it out of Irwin so that he has a chance to start writing one.
2.) Roberts/ Rogers (which ever one it is) The Black Hawk crew chief. He had is own POV (all though it was more of a report than a journal entry) but the focus on his character tells me Kc is going to let him survive a bit longer. Also, he's apart of the crew for the pelican.
3.) Maldune, He's a chopper pilot and is obviously going to be flying the pelican unless Pegs randomly shows up.
4.) Datu/Hope (Poor Greg Miller, he just can't get rid of Hope can he?) Obviously, Datu is still a big part of the story and where he goes, Hope goes. They are both close to the chopper.
5.) Michael, it's Michael, he lives.
6.) Tanya, someone has to fix CJ or she's screwed. Tanya is the only one (at least known main character) who can do it.

Predicted to Die-

1.) Riley, I love Riley and I hate to say this but maybe her time has finally come.. What else can she add to the story?
2.) Carl, I'm not 100% sure Carl bites it. He has medical training and he may end up replacing Tanya as the doc is Tanya is killed. Then again, he isn't an explored character like the others are. Whats that I see under his Uniform? Is that a red t-shirt?
3.) Kimmet, I'm wouldn't be surprised if his whole uniform is red. This guy was pegged to die since he was introduced.
4.) Everyone else in Irwin. I think this is as the end for Irwin, whether Michael and gang ever decide to come back I'm not sure. As for the troops and the refugees who escaped Boulder, whats that old saying? Out of the frying pan and into the fire?

The Colony survivors/ Non survivors

As I said I half tempted just to say no one survives but Burt, Victor and Saul (who are all litterally the biggest bad asses of the series) are all there.

Survivors

Lizzy, even if she's the only person left I think she lives so that she can have the baby.

Maybe survivors

Victor, he's such a fan favorite and hasn't really been around that long. I think Kc might let him live.
Glenn, he's an old guy but he's damn good with a radio. He still has an important purpose and therefore Kc may just let him hang around.

Non survivors

Saul, noooooo yes I think he doesn't make it out. While there is a chance he does, I think most arrows are pointing to NO. Saul has been around since the beginning and there is one thing that sticks out to me. In the very first chapter if you relisten to how Michael describes Saul he refers to him in a past tense, as in "Saul WAS a good soldier".

Burt, even bigger NOOOOOOOO....man Burt is the man but look at his situation. I think the only way he lives is if Kc decided Burt was the one who will kill Scratch in the end but all signs point to Pegs. I think if Burt does die, Kc wont let it be some meaningless death. Burt will go out in true Burt fashion. With explosives all around him, taking as many of "them" with him to hell as he can.

Pete, sorry Greg Miller but no. Pete will no survive the attack on the colony. Thats my lock of the week.

Other Survivors

Obviously Tardust and Scratch are still alive. As for Kelly and Pegs, Pegs for sure is still among the living and Kelly is a toss up.

Your doing a great job with WND Nik! Keep up the good work!

-Smokey

scbubba
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Michael, Tanya, Datu, Hope, Muldoon, Robbins, Puck for sure making it out of Fort Irwin on the Pelican.

At least one of Riley/Pegs/Kelly is going to die (or at least stop being human) in the finale.

Saul, Victor, Lizzie, Burt are making it out if Season 3 alive. How you ask? The Fort Irwin cavalry (the Pelican folks) swoop in right before the Zeds can lower the boom on the Colony survivors. They drop the KODI to blast the horde and shred one or more behemoths with the minigun Muldoon put on the Pelican.

A quick touchdown and grab the folks from the Colony then liftoff back to somewhere near Dunbar tower to begin season 4...

Witch_Doctor
Nov 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Will R2-DATU fix the hyper-drive on the Millennium Pelican?
Will H.O.Pe.-0 be ripped apart by the Sand Zombies?
Who Is Driving the Van?
Did Micheal crap his pants?
Will Gabriella say, "Yes?"

OK, some questions that need answers.

The turner at Check Point #2.

Started turning while at the check point.
How long was it since his exposure? A lady says that 'the zombies' are just over the hill so he could have been recently exposed OR he could be some what of a 'slow turner?
Tanya says it's the second time this has happened. Is there a trend of slower turning? We have some idea of how long it takes people exposed to Inkling #2 to turn. It seems Roman may have turned at a similar rate, as Glenn nor Pete mention anything about the duration being different.
Turners in the convoy could be either hitchhiking zombies or slow turners.
Keep in mind, Boulder was overrun quickly.

Randy

Pete mentions that he is wearing a brownish shirt. Sean calls him a 'techie' when he sends him to the water pumping station. "Brown" collar jobs are considered paraprofessional positions in the USA. Did he work at the station?
Mentioned by someone that he is at the pumping station when we first encounter a Behemoth. Any connections?
Has a mark on his head. Lighting bolt like Harry Potter? White hand print like the Uruk Hai? Scratch marked him some time and place?
Ally, Adversary or Aggregate of Ink?

Uh Oh!

Anyone pick up Bixby's or Gatekeeper's comm devices?
Did the SWAT van have maps to Dunbar?
Were all of CJ's blindfolds red?
Will Cj's katana be used to amputate her leg? If so, did she ever clean it after slicing zombies?
Where the heck is Pete?

Here's another catch I've made. (Most of my catches are Red Herrings - My User Name should be Fox Hunt)

Pegs hates guns, doesn't want to train to use weapons, yet Pvt Carl Thomas tells Tanya that all Boulder residences go through weapons training. Sooooo..... Dangummit! I can't come up with an ass crack theory using this.
Never mind. O_o

Re: Who's in the SWAT van?
* Are they easy to hot-wire?
OR
* Who had the keys last?

Re: Coughing.
* Victor coughs EVERY episode. Get that man a Ricola!:p
* It's been commented that Saul is the only one not coughing. Tanya is the only one who doesn't cough when examining #2, The Inkling.
*There is a lot of coughing, not just Burt and Victor (Otto Sturcke even coughs throughout his We're Not Dead interview).
*Characters can be heard coughing in the background as the guys walk to and around the watch towers.
*Of course this could be KC's way of portraying the was weary.
*Also, there wasn't a lot of coughing at the arena, but............ CRAP! Did I just shoot down my own Zombie Cough theory? UGH, it's bed time. G'nite y'all.

Interesting Flashback Thought
* We get Spec. Anthony Robins' account/perspective of finding the Chinook, Not Pvt C. Thomas'.

The Colony
Oh shucks! Now we know why the Colony was never scouted and/or evacuated. Micheal DID tell Kimmet about it.
The event at the Colony is looking more and more like the asault on Helms Deep. Orcs, Modified Orcs with markings, Trolls. Skittles and Mr. Whiskers had better show up soon with an army of California Redwood trees or these guys are screwed.

:tinfoil:
OK, gonna take a stab at a crack head theory.

When Checkpoint 2 is being overrun Micheal is stunned into silence, not because of the hopelessness of the situation, but because he sees Kelly and or Pegs coming over the hill and she/they have turned!
Everyone is present and accounted for at Irwin except for Riley. Season 4 will have her running around like Saul and Victor in Season 3.
There is a link between Scratch and Ink and the forum will argue over calling their zombie brood Ink Scratches or Scr.O.W.T.M.s (SCRatched Ones With The Markings; pronounced like scrotum)
The single mark on Randy's face is really a knife scar from his left eye, across the nose and down to the right cheek.
CJ learns the truth about Sean, joins Scratch with a Katana attached to where her leg used to be, and they paint either the SWAT van or the Shelby Cobra pink with Hello Zombie Kitty characters on the side. Then they'll drive up and down California's highways in a Russ Myers-eque, Faster Pussy Cat Kill Kill slashing spree in search of Pegs and Lizzy.

Of course, I'm terrible with predictions, so, none of these will pan out.

OK. Someone opens the gate and makes off with the SWAT van. Let's pick some cherries.

The last sounds we hear from Chapter 35-2 could be that of a sliding gate.
Victor says that the Mallers are escaping out of the personnel gate.
Bixby was the last to have control of the SWAT van.
Bixby was wearing a bullet-proof vest and was found dead with a Knife in the neck near one of the check points.
The supply gate can be opened from the ground by a single person in the pit between to two gates

I'm baking this cherry pie from Scratch. :cool:

Witch_Doctor
Nov 19th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I think that it is interesting that it is implied that an attack was mounted by the Zombies simply based on one following Pete and Glenn.

I thought the same thing initially but I've come to learn that unless there is a glaring hint that something else could be the case then I was just second guessing the obvious. One thought I had was that maybe Roman just returned to the Colony like Griggs returned to Bolder, but I believe Victor finished off Roman. It seems like too little time passed for them to follow a truck by walking unless the route took Pete and Glenn around countless trees and these zombies are refugees from Camp Crystal Lake. KC mentioned something about a false pause that may indicate an indeterminate length of passing time.

Kc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litmaster
Lit's Criticism
Ok, it seems a bit of a stretch at this point that a whole zombie army would mobilize and chase after one fleeing car with a couple of guys in it, so I'm going to have to call bullshit on the rationale for the zombie attack unless Kc reveals a bit more feasible explanation (such as, that it was just a handful of stray zombies that followed and not a full, organized ZomArmy). Damn, is food really that scarce in LA nowadays?
One thing I'll throw out there- As I tread lightly in my responses. There is a delay of when the episode has the false ending. In other words a small amount of time has passed between the two scenes when Victor sees the things and when they first arrive.

Not much to give you, but, well, there it is.

Which lends itself all the more to the idea that Ink himself is the one reading all of these Diaries.

The problem I see with this is that ALL of the journal entries between Day #1 and the Tanya Snatching were scanned into a digital format. Ink had enough trouble with a keypad.

On a side note. The Inklings attacking Fort Irwin are likely slow turners OR Hitchhikers. 1000 miles is a long way to chase cars on foot from Boulder to Newbury to Ft. Irwin. I'm leaning towards slow turners. Unless of course, they're driving like the ambushing zombie that drove the car to trap CJ's convoy.

Also, do zombies turned by the Tall Inklings grow tall? Victor said that the one with the beard was too small to be a numbered zombie. More thoughts to ponder.

7oddisdead
Nov 19th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Dear doctor of witches.

I'm six foot even. Calling me short bro?

Sincerely,
Randy j. Waterman
sprinkle &waterman co
Santa Clara, ca

scbubba
Nov 19th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Aight.... Wnd #52 is coming to you from a land down under. This week's episode features a pair of folk from Australia and New Zealand! I'm excited! You should be too!

Ok.... What did you think? Lets have it! Thoughts on final episode before the season finale? Post them!

Hey Nik, when will the next WND be out? Really looking forward to the recap of 35-3.

Thanks,
Bubba

Witch_Doctor
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Dear doctor of witches.

I'm six foot even. Calling me short bro?

Sincerely,
Randy j. Waterman
sprinkle &waterman co
Santa Clara, ca

For a Storm Trooper? No.
For an Inkling? Drink your milk.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 21st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Is this thread dead?:zombiepoke::zombiepoke::zombiepoke::zombiepo ke::zombiepoke::zombiepoke:

nikvoodoo
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Is this thread dead?:zombiepoke::zombiepoke::zombiepoke::zombiepo ke::zombiepoke::zombiepoke:

seems to be. It'll perk up whenever Beez is able to finish editing. We had some more interesting happenstances with recording so....yeah.

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM
Not a single reference to chocolate pudding or the insane appeal of my wife, scratchypoobear? :(O_o

nikvoodoo
Nov 21st, 2012, 07:32 PM
Not a single reference to chocolate pudding or the insane appeal of my wife, scratchypoobear? :(O_o

We did speak about the awesomeness of anvils and acme rockets.....

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 21st, 2012, 07:35 PM
We did speak about the awesomeness of anvils and acme rockets.....

and physical abuse by cartoon rabbits, so there's that....but from here on out, I decree that each WND should reference pudding, or the appeal of Bea Arther wrestling various WA cast members in a kiddy pool filled with melted butter and confectioner's sugar.

nikvoodoo
Nov 21st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Does it always have to be Bea Arthur or can I mix it up with other older/deceased actresses to wrestle?

Osiris
Nov 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Does it always have to be Bea Arthur or can I mix it up with other older/deceased actresses to wrestle?

You sure you want to open that can, boss?

http://i.imgur.com/19Heq.jpg

scbubba
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
The Golden Girls vs Michael, Saul, & Angel... I'm just sayin'

Osiris
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:21 PM
I guaran-damn-tee those boys don't want none of these old bitches. No, sir. Not a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/SQ3EO.jpg

Blanche don't fuck around, son.

Osiris
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:44 PM
P.S. I never turn it off just because there's no Britt. I mean, I say that I do, but I don't... but I like nik. Even if he is a great big meanie.

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 21st, 2012, 08:51 PM

I never saw the body, so I insist that my precious Bea-bear is among us. Betty White also deserves a pass...not sure if anyone's ever downloaded her nekkid pics from way back but...

I'd hit that.

I'd STILL hit it.

scbubba
Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
I never saw the body, so I insist that my precious Bea-bear is among us. Betty White also deserves a pass...not sure if anyone's ever downloaded her nekkid pics from way back but...

I'd hit that.

I'd STILL hit it.

But.... What would Scratch say? :cool:

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
But.... What would Scratch say? :cool:

Thinking about it raised my core body temperature by 1.3 degrees!

Scratchypoobear in a jealous rage over Bea Arthur is so hot that I think I went through puberty a second time.

Tielurrdee
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Great episode with nik and 2 of my favorite food groups pizza and cupcakes ha. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the theory of randy telling michael at the water works about the arena. Yes maybe randy and the other tower knew about the arena and this could have been relayed to Michael in the waterworks. I just relistened to the first season recently and have listened quite a few times to all the chapters in all 3 seasons. So here it is I've always assumed there was more palm devices which track the trackers I know there is the main one datu and angel had. I assume they come in packs like walkie talkies 2-4 per pack. So each pack would therefore have a device to follow any said trackers alined to the same "frequency" (however this works. So when angel, Riley, kolani, and datu are at the door trying to get the attention of the group in the hummer , angel hits the panic button on the tracker with the last bit of juice left it rings and dies then you hear the hummer honk and Saul approach the door and shoots through the glass. So i assume Saul knows how to work the devices and that there had to be another tracking device to find them. Sorry I'm on my moble device and can't space this all out into paragraphs. Anyways my only issue is how did they drive all the way too them at the arena when Riley, angel, and datu had to go on foot. My only though is tht Michael and company too either took an alternative root following the trackers or the humvee was obviously stronger then the car angel hotwired and broke a path threw the roads to get there. Have a nice day all!

scbubba
Nov 24th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Great episode, Nik. Good to hear from our friends in New Zealand and Australia. Always love to everyone's take on the episodes and favorite/hated characters.

One note: it's pronounced S C Bubba :-)

Looking forward to the show with the finale. Keep up the good work!

nikvoodoo
Nov 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Great episode, Nik. Good to hear from our friends in New Zealand and Australia. Always love to everyone's take on the episodes and favorite/hated characters.

One note: it's pronounced S C Bubba :-)

Looking forward to the show with the finale. Keep up the good work!

Sc bubba is pronounced that way. Scubba is pronounced scuba. ;)

scbubba
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Sc bubba is pronounced that way. Scubba is pronounced scuba. ;)

Touché, my friend... :-)

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Can we pronounce it "SKUBUBBA"? That would be pretty cool and would feel like I was singing jazz.

Bada bwi ba ba bada bo
Baba ba da bo
Bwi ba ba ba do

Ski bi di bi di do bap do
Do bam do

scbubba
Nov 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Can we pronounce it "SKUBUBBA"? That would be pretty cool and would feel like I was singing jazz.

Bada bwi ba ba bada bo
Baba ba da bo
Bwi ba ba ba do

Ski bi di bi di do bap do
Do bam do

I've always liked jazz... Never understood it, but liked it.

SmokeyZombified
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Well shit my question was actually turned into a long discussion! Nice nik! Thanks dude! Hey man in from a foreign far away land! Its called Ohio!

fredrum
Nov 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks for sharing my awful awful joke.....It made me happy to hear that it inflicted much pain.

nikvoodoo
Nov 27th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for sharing my awful awful joke.....It made me happy to hear that it inflicted much pain.

I had forgotten about it until just now....Thanks a lot dude......*sigh*.......

.......I really did LOL for it though.....not gonna even try to lie about it.

Hoff4D
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Finally caught back up on WND #51 and #52....and no offense to Cupcake Zombie, because I'm a big fan of that accent, but with the accent everytime she said "36" I heard "Dirty Sex" :o

Hoff4D
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Also, I have to acknowledge the "Burt Crow" that Nikvoodoo ate. Good man. Shall I bake you a humble pie?

nikvoodoo
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Finally caught back up on WND #51 and #52....and no offense to Cupcake Zombie, because I'm a big fan of that accent, but with the accent everytime she said "36" I heard "Dirty Sex" :o

Oh man....now I can never listen to the episode ever again.....you ruined in! Or made it awesome. One of the two...

Also, I have to acknowledge the "Burt Crow" that Nikvoodoo ate. Good man. Shall I bake you a humble pie?

I'll take humble pie if he kills Scratch. Until then, I'll just eat my crow for a bit longer.

Hoff4D
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Oh man....now I can never listen to the episode ever again.....you ruined in! Or made it awesome. One of the two...

I'll take humble pie if he kills Scratch. Until then, I'll just eat my crow for a bit longer.

Due to my affinity for that particular accent, I'm gonna go with 'made it awesome'. Just hope this thread has fallen enough by the wayside that Cupcake doesn't come around and catch us giggling

And I'm a terrible baker....so I'll just start baking you a humble pie now. Certainly by the time it's necessary to be served, I'll have it perfected for you

nikvoodoo
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
She already knows I love it. I told her before, after and probably during the recording.

Witch_Doctor
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:23 AM
OK, I should be nice, but............
Is it just me or did half of the callers to the Post Show Broadcast sound like they were just partying with Martin in the Arena? Do you know what I mean?

scbubba
Dec 7th, 2012, 03:48 AM
OK, I should be nice, but............
Is it just me or did half of the callers to the Post Show Broadcast sound like they were just partying with Martin in the Arena? Do you know what I mean?

Either that or they were under the age of 20.....