PDA

View Full Version : Possible Cure?

Mark_survivor
Nov 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hello people from we're alive
i dont make a lot of appearances here because i tried to do some good appearances lol jk

i was thinking about a cure for this zombie outrage.

untill right now there hasnt been a sign that someone will find a cure soon, but i was thinking a crazy and wild guess.
When fort Irwin discovered that Tanya was bitten, they assume she is infected. Tanya explains it happened a month ago, that she was attacked by a slow turner
when handling him. Ok lets go back, in chapter 29 part 3 Tanya tells kimmit that the bitter was clean, it was a slow turner, and yea pretty much just that.
we have only seen one case of a slow turner so far, in Chapter 20 part 2, Tanya tells burt and saul that they tried an experiment with a bitter in the colony, which she mentions
"it was turning slowly" and that it was the only one they tried experimenting with, because after that they didnt wanted to bring another one "it wasnt worth the risk"
ok so the reason im telling you this is because she also mentions that they use those 2 powerful drugs with it, to see if it would have a reaction on the bitter, which was

- vancomycin
- clindamycin

lets now analyze, the turner was already having a transformation but slowly, they use this medicine to see if it would help but i guess it didnt, we dont know if they use it before tanya was bitten or after,
but if it was before then we can assume two things, maybe it does stop the infection, or at least stops it for a good while, maybe months. Now going to saul, he was using this medicine because
of the accident with the burt, when he went to the inglewood with victor, and we found out that he was able to breathe a little better than victor, which was another theory given by cj that we all knew about.
but if you think about it those 2 medicines might be the cure or close to it, i dont think anymore it has to do with saul and tanyas blood types or genes, this medicine might have some type of effect on people
we dont know for sure that its the cure, or that it cleans the infection, but maybe it does have some type of delay for a turner to transform. So if this delays a turner, then Tanya might be in some serious trouble.
but i mean who knows, maybe it does have something to do with the cure. You all probablye have heard of this theories, but i just started thinking about how tanya refers to the slow turner with kimmit, those might be
some possible hidden messages :) or i dont know, lets see how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

scbubba
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hello people from we're alive
i dont make a lot of appearances here because i tried to do some good appearances lol jk

Good to see you!

i was thinking about a cure for this zombie outrage.
<snip>
maybe it does stop the infection, or at least stops it for a good while, maybe months.

<snip>
this medicine might have some type of effect on people we dont know for sure that its the cure, or that it cleans the infection, but maybe it does have some type of delay for a turner to transform. So if this delays a turner, then Tanya might be in some serious trouble.
but i mean who knows, maybe it does have something to do with the cure. You all probablye have heard of this theories, but i just started thinking about how tanya refers to the slow turner with kimmit, those might be
some possible hidden messages :) or i dont know, lets see how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

Hadn't really thought about it slowing the turning/infection. Maybe we have something like the chicken pox/shingles virus. It can be dormant for a really long time and it can be suppressed by some meds in some people. But them it can spring right back to life in right circumstances...

Wouldn't that make things very interesting of Tanya and/or Saul makes it out of the mess in Chapter 35 only to start turning in the midst of our heroes....

Thanks for posting!

Mark_survivor
Nov 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Good to see you!

Hadn't really thought about it slowing the turning/infection. Maybe we have something like the chicken pox/shingles virus. It can be dormant for a really long time and it can be suppressed by some meds in some people. But them it can spring right back to life in right circumstances...

Wouldn't that make things very interesting of Tanya and/or Saul makes it out of the mess in Chapter 35 only to start turning in the midst of our heroes....

Thanks for posting!

its just something that got stuck in my head a couple of weeks ago, but i just wanted to give it a try, but you're right as well, but i guess we will never get to see this until season 4 i think lol.

LiamKerrington
Nov 16th, 2012, 12:10 AM
It really is hard to tell. There is only very little information available.

The idea that Tanya and Saul might turn after some delay and then spring at their friends is kind of terrifying. Did Michael imply this when he said "against my better judgement", when he gave Tanya zombie-tissue for examination?

What struck me while reading your article: Tanya had the slow-turner and used the meds on him, before he became an it. What, if the zombie-agent only exists "after" the turning has passed a certain point. Thus anyone bitten by the "turning" one could not be infected, because the infection did not change his salliva and stuff, while anyone bitten someone who fuzlly turned into a zeeh is therefore target of the infection.
This would have some effect on medical treatment as well, right?

As for Saul. There is one thing that could support the idea of him being a zombie already: He was not affected by Inglewood. But there is a huge BUT: At groudn zero there was nothing alive. And zeehs in WA-verse seem to be living beings - at least according to Tanya's autopsie of the Little One #2 and the tissues she analyzed.

Random thoughts ...

scbubba
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:44 AM
As for Saul. There is one thing that could support the idea of him being a zombie already: He was not affected by Inglewood. But there is a huge BUT: At groudn zero there was nothing alive. And zeehs in WA-verse seem to be living beings - at least according to Tanya's autopsie of the Little One #2 and the tissues she analyzed.

Random thoughts ...

Thinking about the Ground Zero activities of Saul, I was wondering about the "nothing living" aspect. Was it a matter of the Zeds not being able to live there or they don't go there because there wasn't any reason to after all the "food" was gone? Need to go back and listen to see how the setting is described: are there bodies lying around? Did they die violently at Zed hands or some other way? Hmmm....

Either way, I think whatever is up with Saul and Tanya is going to be pivotal at some point in Season 4 even if it doesn't turn out to be a cure.

Bullethead
Nov 16th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I have been waiting to see what will become of tanya. I posted my thoery in another column.

This is a good way to get the ball rolling. My problem with your theory of the medicine is that Tanya has been sans medicine for some time now. As has Saul I think. We do not really get information on Saul or Tanya being medicated over the last few months.
So if it truely was the medicine keeping them from turning I think it would have come to fruition by now.

However. I do feel that Tanya is more key to this whole thing than we realize. It would be nice to get some more back story on both her and Hopes time at the colony.

LiamKerrington
Nov 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Thinking about the Ground Zero activities of Saul, I was wondering about the "nothing living" aspect. Was it a matter of the Zeds not being able to live there or they don't go there because there wasn't any reason to after all the "food" was gone? Need to go back and listen to see how the setting is described: are there bodies lying around? Did they die violently at Zed hands or some other way? Hmmm....

Either way, I think whatever is up with Saul and Tanya is going to be pivotal at some point in Season 4 even if it doesn't turn out to be a cure.

Very good questions, Sir, very good questions. As I recall and interpret it: The descriptions are kind of ambigious about this ...

Raven
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Thinking about the Ground Zero activities of Saul, I was wondering about the "nothing living" aspect.
Thinking back to Pegs and Victors experience I think they said there were no birds no rats no nothing that had become prevalent since the outbreak. I would like to think this place is as Victor said it so inhospitable that even the zombies who are only partially alive have to avoid it.

In regard to Tanya/Saul immunity Saul did say he had finished his medicine in the months since we fast forwarded the story and Tanya didn't have a pic line at anytime we saw her comments about being cold were to hide the bite not being sick.
I am hesitant to say that the bite was just normal because it was over a month old and still showed teeth marks. It has come up in other threads but I think Tanya was on the medications herself but not at the level Saul needed them after the bitter left his mark.

scbubba
Nov 16th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Good point about Tanya's meds. Wonder how big a dosage she had and for how long? If if has to do with the meds at all....

Really looking forward to how this plays out. Kc has done such a great job with setting things up & being dedicated to not stretching the "suspension of disbelief" too far. I think we're in for a great ride from here to the end of the series.

Mark_survivor
Nov 17th, 2012, 04:11 AM
i like where this is going :)
oh another thing
i think tanya was never on the medicine
and saul was on it for a good while but stop after he finish it
im not saying the medicine is stopping the turning process if they keep taking it
im just saying that maybe somehow its helping them right now by not turning or the effect of the medicine is gone and since
they werent infected that bad they wont show any other symptoms anymore.

Nex
Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:21 PM
As a medical student, I can't stop laughing on vinco and clindamycin as cure for zombie outbreak. Writers should choose something better. R-DNA maybe.

Wicked Sid
Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
As a medical student, I can't stop laughing on vinco and clindamycin as cure for zombie outbreak. Writers should choose something better. R-DNA maybe.

I would think it to be better if you'd explain your reasoning behind such beliefs, rather than insulting an idea and not contributing. Maybe outline why vancomycin and clindamycin might not work and how R-DNA is a better option. Keep it intelligent rather than juvenile, please.

Mark_survivor
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM

Yeah the point of this is to express your ideas not to laugh at theories without being able to explain why is better R-DNA
And its more pathetic to laugh st sometime you actually read, then register to, then actually spend the time to post on.....

Freedom of expression my friend.....

Cashel
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone.

In my humble opinion the situation in both incidents is that the subject received an insertion of bodily fluid from another subject that was in the process of turning into a zed. Each received only a small amount of potentially questionable material and neither turned. Both had access to or were documented as receiving the medications in question. So maybe they received bodily fluid that had material that was both normal and changed and quite possibly with the assistance of medication this insertion acted like an inoculation.

I am curious to see if either is bitten further down the line and what would happen to them then. At this point both the colony and Ft. Irwin may have an individual that is immune to the effects of the dreaded zed bite!

Cashel

vickygarciahuizar
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I think Tania might be immune..... Remember that thing that happened with that one slow "something" person and the results and if she is immune then maybe Saul I immune and sauls future children might be as well

Wicked Sid
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I think Tania might be immune..... Remember that thing that happened with that one slow "something" person and the results and if she is immune then maybe Saul I immune and sauls future children might be as well

If you wish to read more on this subject, I suggest you check this thread here. (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1952-Saul-and-Tanya-Family-Immune) Its all about Tanya and Saul. There are many theories involving Tanya and her son and it would be great to have your input as well.

Malador
Jul 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM
On the subject of ground zero, I think a plausible reason for infected not being there is simply there is no reason for them to be. It was where the infection started, so it would have been the first place the infected cleaned out as a food source. Since nothing non-infected can live there, it would be a dead zone for the infected just because there is never any food there.