PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Issue

Jannit
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Hi guys,

I've noticed a minor issue since the new website was rolled out. On the front page(s) the text isn't formatted to stay on the "paper" at all times. It a minor issue, but since the text is black and the background over to the right of the paper is black, the only way to see what was written is to highlight the text.

My suggestion is to change the margins (or whatever it is that websites us) so that all text is kept to the journal page where people can see it easily.

Thanks!

~Jannit

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I haven't noticed, but what are your specs? Browser version, OS? Also, if you can screen-grab it we can see what the issue is.

Jannit
Oct 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not very good with the tech bits of your request so if I'm missing anything, let me know!

First off, the picture (it was too big to insert so you get a link):
http://tinyurl.com/8hzvrw8

Now for the other stuff:
Browser version - Windows 8
OS - Windos XP 2002
I can't access my specs at work but they can't be good.

Hopefully this helps but let me know if there's anything else I can try to provide.

Wicked Sid
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM

Do you mean Internet Explorer 8?

Kc
Oct 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not very good with the tech bits of your request so if I'm missing anything, let me know!

First off, the picture (it was too big to insert so you get a link):
http://tinyurl.com/8hzvrw8

Now for the other stuff:
OS - Windos XP 2002
I can't access my specs at work but they can't be good.

Hopefully this helps but let me know if there's anything else I can try to provide.

Is it just that page or every one?

Jannit
Oct 30th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Do you mean Internet Explorer 8?

Haha! Yes, yes I do. I'm pretty sure I said something about being bad at this kind of stuff... :c

Is it just that page or every one?

All of the ones with the same format as I showed in the picture. I can get more screen shots if you'd like.

Kc
Oct 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Haha! Yes, yes I do. I'm pretty sure I said something about being bad at this kind of stuff... :c

All of the ones with the same format as I showed in the picture. I can get more screen shots if you'd like.

Do you have any other browsers that you can check with? Looking at the image and checking with a few local Internet Explorer browsers, it looks like you might have an add-on or something that is preventing the page from displaying correctly.

Jannit
Oct 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Do you have any other browsers that you can check with? Looking at the image and checking with a few local Internet Explorer browsers, it looks like you might have an add-on or something that is preventing the page from displaying correctly.

I'm stuck with the one browser at work, unfortunately. I will check and see if it's doing the same thing when I get home and have a few more options to play with, though.

mem
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
everytime i read this topic i think
lawful evil
chaotic good
true neutral
and then i check and am always disappointed