PDA

View Full Version : Journal Competition Winner!

cupcakezombie
Oct 24th, 2012, 06:40 PM
First a big thank-you to everyone who entered! You will all recieve a ring tone pack just for entering.

After some intense debates, critical analysis of entries, backroom discussions and secret ballots we have finally decided on the winner of the journal competition.
It was a very close fought competition with quite a few of the entries getting multiple votes.
So, first of all honourable mentions go to (in order of entry):
feashaboo, Adventureless_Hero, Dr Janus

But our winner is:
Deacon Tyler
We really liked the combination of presentation and original content that complemented the story well.

http://dtyler-photography.smugmug.com/photos/i-xLDMfxc/0/X3/i-xLDMfxc-X3.jpg
http://dtyler-photography.smugmug.com/photos/i-4FN3kNL/0/X3/i-4FN3kNL-X3.jpg

nikvoodoo
Oct 24th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Congratulations! I'll be contacting you all in the next day or so to arrange your prizes!

werewolf
Oct 24th, 2012, 07:58 PM
congrats cupcakezombie

feashaboo
Oct 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats!! :D

Osiris
Oct 24th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah... yeah that is a pretty bad ass entry.

Bullethead
Oct 25th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Damn, his journal entry links are blocked here at work. :mad:

Dr Janus
Oct 25th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Well done Deacon ! Very cool indeed ;) Thanks for the op guys.

LiamKerrington
Oct 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
First a big thank-you to everyone who entered! You will all recieve a ring tone pack just for entering.

After some intense debates, critical analysis of entries, backroom discussions and secret ballots we have finally decided on the winner of the journal competition.
It was a very close fought competition with quite a few of the entries getting multiple votes.
So, first of all honourable mentions go to (in order of entry):
feashaboo, Adventureless_Hero, Dr Janus

But our winner is:
Deacon Tyler
We really liked the combination of presentation and original content that complemented the story well.

Just awesome! Really cool thing ... And weird ...

All the best!
Liam

Wicked Sid
Oct 25th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I still can't believe what you said about Nik's mother, CCZ. Dang... Low blow.

Anyway, Congratulations to Deacon!

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 25th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Holy hannah montana!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Omg omg omg!!!!!!!!

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
My entry freaked me out a little, as I honestly didn't remember writing half of it - just one big disjointed stream of semi consciousness.

Something to freak you out a bit: every pen that I attempted to write with refused to write properly. The ink was dry, a pen exploded and my wife's Hello Kitty pen acted spotty *only* when I tried to write the entry, but worked fine otherwise. I had purchased some pencils as well, but the pencil sharpener refused to work (hence the references to Hello Kitty, the ink and the sharpener).

I did a bit of research into the thought patterns and writings of known schizophrenics, hence the extremely disjointed sentence structure (search Google images for "schizophrenic writing" if you really don't want to sleep tonight) and basically this is Ink writing from prison in the beginning (and I figured that unless he was a suicide risk, this would be allowed and perhaps even encouraged in his defense) and then in the truck taking him to the mental facility (bigger stretch that they would allow him to write in the moving vehicle, but I figured that in order to keep him calm on the trip, they may have allowed this) and the truck then hitting a crack in the road, the people outside attacking one another (ink = blood), Ink himself becoming infected at ground zero and then continuing to make crude 'notes' after his infection.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 25th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Congratulations Deacon_Tyler! Very well done. Very well indeed.

Duffusmonkey
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Fantastic work!

I kept thinking about submitting an entry but I knew it would take something special to win, and I never came up with something this unique.

I like the thought of Ink becoming infected in an armored car at ground zero. It reminds me of the movie "Night of the comet" where the only people not infected with the zombie infection were people inside steel lined rooms.
Being in an armored car might be what caused him to turn differently at ground zero than everyone else.

PS.

Waiting 2 weeks for a new episode is killing me and this helps a little

TheIsh79
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Congratulations, Deacon_Tyler. You did an incredible job!

itsallgoodie
Oct 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Truly fantastic work! Congrats man!!!!

cupcakezombie
Oct 26th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I still can't believe what you said about Nik's mother, CCZ. Dang... Low blow.

Anyway, Congratulations to Deacon!

What? I am lost here...

Wicked Sid
Oct 26th, 2012, 06:08 PM
What? I am lost here...

I was making a riff off of the "Very Intense debates," line in your opener.