PDA

View Full Version : Referrals

Aerock
Oct 24th, 2012, 04:34 AM
I'm new here and still learning how this whole site works. I recently earned the Recommendation Second Class achievement, but is there any way to see who we referred? It would be good to know so that I can still bug my friends IRL that haven't gotten on here yet. It would also be cool to have a "Referred by" on our profiles. If we weren't referred by anybody, maybe just have "Self-Referred" in that field? Just some thoughts...

Kc
Oct 24th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I'm new here and still learning how this whole site works. I recently earned the Recommendation Second Class achievement, but is there any way to see who we referred? It would be good to know so that I can still bug my friends IRL that haven't gotten on here yet. It would also be cool to have a "Referred by" on our profiles. If we weren't referred by anybody, maybe just have "Self-Referred" in that field? Just some thoughts...

Good question... you know, I'm not sure. Do any other admins know?

nikvoodoo
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'm looking but I'm not seeing anything at the moment. As for the award, we have a couple buggy awards in our system (like the bug hunter award ironically) that randomly assigns itself to users with no rhyme or reason even though it was supposed to be deleted. Refferal award may have landed into buggy land.

CoolPat7
Oct 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm looking but I'm not seeing anything at the moment. As for the award, we have a couple buggy awards in our system (like the bug hunter award ironically) that randomly assigns itself to users with no rhyme or reason even though it was supposed to be deleted. Refferal award may have landed into buggy land.

Looking from a developers standpoint it would not be hard to create a referred by system. You already have the name of each user (assuming the users on the forum are recommending another person) You could set up a link with the name to that users profile

Ex.
Bob is on Forum
Bob refers Joe
"Referred by Bob" on the profile information

Aerock
Oct 25th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Looking from a developers standpoint it would not be hard to create a referred by system. You already have the name of each user (assuming the users on the forum are recommending another person) You could set up a link with the name to that users profile

Ex.
Bob is on Forum
Bob refers Joe
"Referred by Bob" on the profile information

That's what I was thinking of, but maybe have "Bob" show up as a link to Bob's profile on Joe's profile. Kc (or any other admin), could you let me know if you ever figure out if we end users can find out who we referred? Thanks!