PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead interviews cj

nikvoodoo
Oct 19th, 2012, 01:58 PM
We've hit a technical snag getting one of the sound files to Beez to edit. So look for Episode #50 episode next week.

Now then, since I promised I'd tell you about our special guest in case such a thing happened to the release of #50...I shall do so now: Constance Parng aka CJ will be joining us next week for the interview! If you have questions for Kc Wayland's favorite character, ask them away here!

LiamKerrington
Oct 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
WoooooooooHOOOOOOO! CJ's on the show? CJ's ! Oh boy, oh Boy, OH BOY! How awesome is that? I will come up with questions later ...

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
...I have a hard time....speaking to pretty girls when I'm this sober. :o

Is there any part of CJ that you can relate to or is the character you are playing so far from who you actually are? If you are like CJ, then I have a quick follow up question: What is your favorite anime?! :nyan:

UndeadSweeper
Oct 19th, 2012, 02:23 PM
CJ <3

Please ask her, when she does the role is it her personally or the character in the script that come through?

Edited: Ugh?!! Adventure less we came up with the same idea??????

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM
CJ <3

Please ask her, when she does the role is it her personally or the character in the script that come through?

Edited: Ugh?!! Adventure less we came up with the same idea??????

Yeah, I guess we pretty much did. I kind of have a difficult time thinking of some poignant question to ask the guests. Nik, Britt, or whomever is hosting often ask the meaningful ones; How did you meet KC, how did you start working on WA, are you a fan of the show yourself, did you eat my tuna on rye out of the fridge?

UndeadSweeper
Oct 19th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I guess we pretty much did. I kind of have a difficult time thinking of some poignant question to ask the guests. Nik, Britt, or whomever is hosting often ask the meaningful ones; How did you meet KC, how did you start working on WA, are you a fan of the show yourself, did you eat my tuna on rye out of the fridge?

Do you like cats, or that just CJ thing? Also were you worry about how Saul and Vic were able to work so well together and CJ messing with the chemistry?

LiamKerrington
Oct 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Besides your voice-acting on WA and driving guys into a lake (*g*) you had a role in "Bad Apples" in 2009; on vimeo there is your "dramatic reel" and your "quirky monologue" available; these are about three quarters of a year old by now... I'm wondering: Are we going to see and enjoy you in more roles on movies or tv-shows? What are your next steps? And what would be your dream-role?

Osiris
Oct 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
All I have to say is:

Dear Constance,

Even though you're a relatively new addition to the cast, we love you.

sincerely,

Everyone,
Everywhere.

P.S. Keep up the amazing work.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 21st, 2012, 10:45 PM
My question for Constance is : Will you marry me? Well, at least will you, as CJ, marry me, as Witch Doctor?

Seriously, though. Nerdy Fanboy questions aside, I have no idea of what to ask an actor. I will say that I am very impressed with how you, as your character, can deliver a line that hints at CJ's feelings for Saul, then deliver a convincing remark implying that you ment something else. Just how do you do this? How did you learn to do this? I've seen people who do the exact thing in real life and I'm amazed at how well you deliver such an accurate confession->redirection. Is there a actors' term for this?

Thank you
W.D.D.W.

Jannit
Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
My question for Constance is : Will you marry me? Well, at least will you, as CJ, marry me, as Witch Doctor?

Seriously, though. Nerdy Fanboy questions aside, I have no idea of what to ask an actor. I will say that I am very impressed with how you, as your character, can deliver a line that hints at CJ's feelings for Saul, then deliver a convincing remark implying that you ment something else. Just how do you do this? How did you learn to do this? I've seen people who do the exact thing in real life and I'm amazed at how well you deliver such an accurate confession->redirection. Is there a actors' term for this?

Thank you
W.D.D.W.

The word "Woman" comes to mind for the term you might be looking for, Witch_Doctor. :cool:

Kidding aside, I do have a question for Constance and it's a little related to the ones asked by UndeadSweeper and Adventureless Hero. Are there any personality traits of CJ's that you find difficult to let go of after a shoot, and if so, what are they? Going a bit further, have you found yourself adopting any mannerisms/personality quirks of CJ's when you're not doing WA work? If so, can you give us an example?

UndeadSweeper
Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Sidenote: Please talk about Rick ripping off Scratch favorite line on Walking Dead, "You better start running." O_o'

nikvoodoo
Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Sidenote: Please talk about Rick ripping off Scratch favorite line on Walking Dead, "You better start running." O_o'

Well if we're gonna start down that road...I believe Wes Craven has a few words for Kc.

http://youtu.be/JUAW51nHJ9U

Osiris
Oct 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Well if we're gonna start down that road...I believe Wes Craven has a few words for Kc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS7HFNjKMMY

CoolPat7
Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
;) Sweet! CJ's character went through an intriguing character development through the story with Saul and Victor and would be cool to meet the real voice actress

So far I got 3 questions for Constance.

1. If you had to choose, what special zombie we have seen so far in the series would you change/morph into?

2. What characteristics from yourself have you given CJ during her development in the story?

3. Now for the most hardest question in CJ's life. What is CJ's favorite color?

nikvoodoo
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Get out your pitch forks and torches: We've hit a logistical snag with Constance's interview (namely, The Voodoo screwed the hell up and things fell through).

My apologies to you and to the lovely Constance as well. We are working on rescheduling and will get you an interview soon. Episode #50 covering the last We're Alive Chapter part should be out tomorrow as Beez has been indisposed. Hopefully get everything back on track for the next chapter.

We were planning on announcing the winner of the Journal contest on the air. But since we're delayed, we'll announce the winner on the forum/facebook/twitter etc shortly.

Osiris
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM
You're forgiven, brotato. :love:

LiamKerrington
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:50 PM

Just kidding. You are doin' a great job, and you have your hands on many things. Fan contribution and any dedication should be without pressure.

nikvoodoo
Oct 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM
So when I get to a computer that doesn't suck (aka: When I get home) I'll change this thread's name to reflect CJ interview, and when we get around to next monday, I'll post a new #51 thread for the chapter review.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Get out your pitch forks and torches: We've hit a logistical snag with Constance's interview (namely, The Voodoo screwed the hell up and things fell through).

My apologies to you and to the lovely Constance as well. We are working on rescheduling and will get you an interview soon. Episode #50 covering the last We're Alive Chapter part should be out tomorrow as Beez has been indisposed. Hopefully get everything back on track for the next chapter.

We were planning on announcing the winner of the Journal contest on the air. But since we're delayed, we'll announce the winner on the forum/facebook/twitter etc shortly.

Nik, You better start running!

Christopher kitto
Oct 25th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Question : what do you think draws CJ to Saul?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 25th, 2012, 12:00 PM

@nikvoodoo: You should not toy around with a White noise machine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_noise_machine) while recording the podcast...

Nay, just kidding, all of you are doing a awesome job. I really enjoy listening to the podcast.

fridginators
Oct 26th, 2012, 06:32 PM
My questions for constance... I know there are lots:

a) Were you aware of CJ's desire for Saul at the get-go? Did KC tell you, did you guess it/get the hints? Was CJ initially attracted to Saul, or was this more something that really built over the five month period?

b) What is your favourite moment as CJ? I would personally nominate the "Leave her" part where Pinstripes lets her live.

c) Were you cast particularly for CJ because you are of Asian descent? Was it simply a coincidence, or did it even work in reverse: did KC change "CJ" to "Chinwe" based on your ethnicity? I'm curious because you don't have any real trace of an accent. To me you "sound" Asian-American, but that might be me just saying that because we know you are.

d) Your photos on your site are great. Were some commissioned, or have they all been for shows and movies?

e) Can you tell us anything about some of the stories you've written? Why particularly "the nature of redemption and love, the contradictions of the human heart, and discovering the sublime in the ordinary."?

f) Do you have any really embarrassing nicknames? Do people ever call you "Connie"?

Massive fan, hope you continue with the show.

clem131
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:32 AM
If I'm still on time, here's my question:
How was it entering half-way in the show, working with people already accustomed to work together etc?