PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #50

nikvoodoo
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Drop your thoughts here for wnd #50!!! Did you like Michael/kimmet at each other's throats? Did hope annoy you again? And who honestly pranks a sat phone with the silent treatment when the world is over???

ashoggoth
Oct 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Drop your thoughts here for wnd #50!!! Did you like Michael/kimmet at each other's throats? Did hope annoy you again? And who honestly pranks a sat phone with the silent treatment when the world is over???

Saul

mjcanf
Oct 17th, 2012, 06:50 AM
It's gotta be Saul on the phone. I cannot wait for the next episode!!! I've been waiting to hear what happened at the colony. It was such a tease!!

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I totally knew this thread existed....totally. :s

So the situation for human kind is looking incredibly grim. Hopefully Irwin is going to be able to not only protect their walls but also eradicate 100% of the incoming army of Little Ones. If we are lucky, Kimmet is going to turn a gun on himself, and Kelly is going to say, "Would you look at that? Just as I thought, do this, this and this and they'll stop attacking!" Or something like that.

And the season finale will end with Michael putting a bullet between the eyes of a Little One with chocolate brown hair and dark eyes. :P Just kidding. Love you Peggy!

I'm sure we'll see King Datu rushing to fix the Pelican so that K.O.D.I. can be deployed for some awesome multi-kill trap. Still wondering if Robbins knows Peggs in some way.

Hopefully we'll get some dialogue out of the SAT phone. I hope that piece of shit isn't broken in such a way that we can't hear who is on the other end.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
This is why I like Datu more and more. He makes me feel better about myself. Just like myself, he's resourceful AND lucky. Only that combination can save him from all of his bad choices. Then again, if he hadn't chosen candy over fruit in The Road to Living Death Skittles might have been named Canned Peaches.

Also this whole story is filled with themes of leadership. I'm seeing a similarity between Kimmet and C.J. now. He kept a base and a city alive, managed to set up rescue and training operations and had fail safes in place. Yet, just like C.J., all of the tight planning fell apart because... It Only Takes One... to bring the whole house down a tumblin'.

Ah! I've got it! Tanya gets bitten, doesn't turn, immunity suspected. Puck gets bitten, doesn't turn, he remembers Tanya bit him in Chapter 29 part 1, immunity established.:tinfoil:

I want to see a couple of wins before the cluster fuck that I'm expecting the season finale to be. You know, destroy the Death Star before the Empire Strikes you back. As for who else survives for now...
Assuming that everyone is able to share their own personal account at a time when they are free from fighting or running for their lives, and no discovered journals a la Kalani:
* Victor - Survives: We hear his account after he infiltrates the colony.
* Saul - Survives: We hear his account since he spotted the Chinook.
* Lizzy - Survives:- We hear her account during the doctor visits. Also, I'm not sure if she sees the tape of Angel's death before Brinks gives it to Durai. Unless this means Tardust survives which I have a hard time thinking that Saul would allow.
* Burt - Survives: We hear him after Angel's death. Sound's like he and Scratch are alone. (I hope this doesn't mean Scratch become a good guy.)
* Peg's and Kelly - Possibly alive: When the refugee convoy is attacked and Michael asks if it's the one with the 1200 people, Puck says yes but that it's more than that now because others joined the group. Michael replies "What?" before Kimmet interrupts. The "what" is a staple WA red flag for 'pay attention to what was just said.'

Privateer
Drop your thoughts here for wnd #50!!! Did youu like Michael/kimmet at each other's throats? Did hope annoy you again? And who honestly pranks a sat phone with the silent treatment when the world is over???

I think that juuust maybe the SatPhone is broken. If it was Saul or Victor calling, they would have likley jumped at the voice. Scratch might be playiNg, cause thats what Scratch does, but I've already gone ove in the forums why I think its silly Scratch would be able to pull that off in this period of time. It could be CJ, arguing with others or herself about whether or not she wants to lose her autonomy to the Army when they roll in to rescue (if shes assuming a rescue would follow contact). Or, it could be Glenn, unsure of whether or not he wants to chat with the guy that caused all that trouble.

But, that any of them would be sitting on the phone without piping up that long, I don't buy. I'm going with broken SatPhone that they're going to have to triangulate. (As in the guts in Glenn's shack weren't in total working order.)

Loved the bickering. Thats some high tensile military drama there!

I'm still a bit confused on the thought process of the Adlo/Inklings. If they maintain higher thought processes, why only strategic thinking and not ethics or loyalty?

Edit: I think it would actually be Interesting if we never knew what happened to Pegs and Kelly, if they Atomic Fried People by now. It would be playing it straight with the Situation, in that there are no Journals to recover, and nukes do a number on remains. Just like we possibly get any more details on Angels background cause hes dead (obligatory sniffle) and it doesn't matter to the story anymore, or we don't know why the boat was around, it may be information simply no one knows.

That being said, them being tower survivors, we'll get /some/ closure if they did die, I'm sure.

UndeadSweeper
I totally knew this thread existed....totally. :s

So the situation for human kind is looking incredibly grim. Hopefully Irwin is going to be able to not only protect their walls but also eradicate 100% of the incoming army of Little Ones. If we are lucky, Kimmet is going to turn a gun on himself, and Kelly is going to say, "Would you look at that? Just as I thought, do this, this and this and they'll stop attacking!" Or something like that.

And the season finale will end with Michael putting a bullet between the eyes of a Little One with chocolate brown hair and dark eyes. :P Just kidding. Love you Peggy!

I'm sure we'll see King Datu rushing to fix the Pelican so that K.O.D.I. can be deployed for some awesome multi-kill trap. Still wondering if Robbins knows Peggs in some way.

Hopefully we'll get some dialogue out of the SAT phone. I hope that piece of shit isn't broken in such a way that we can't hear who is on the other end.

Hope they know Morse code for "We're Alive"

LiamKerrington
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM

.-- . .----. .-. . / .- .-.. .. ...- .

Privateer
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:31 AM

I would find it Incredibly difficult To believe that Glenn /doesn't/ have every HAM certification known to man, for some reason, so, probably. :P

Zombie-Bane
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Saul should hook up with CJ. Enough with Lizzy.

I wouldn't care if Pegs was gone. She's too whinny and a bit bitchy. They won't just disappear though, there has to be a story of some sort. That's my guess. Although, sometimes people are just gone and there is no closure... hmm...

Burt, can't wait until he's back in the mix.

Scratch... This character is done so well, I can't stand her.

I think the French girl will die. Her character is really changing... Not sure what to think.

It's too bad that we don't know more about "Paul" when he was a serial killer. What if he was an ex-soldier who became a serial killer, could that explain these tactics? Why would a serial killer know how to make the little ones? What if there is a doctor who turned that was doing experiments. Maybe on "Paul."

Sorry, my brain isn't working for all the names.

Zombie-Bane
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I guess this is a question thread and not theory.

How about, "Will Michael cause a mutiny at the base?"

nikvoodoo
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I guess this is a question thread and not theory.

How about, "Will Michael cause a mutiny at the base?"

It's both :)

LiamKerrington
Oct 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Prediction:

#35 will be about The Colony again and
#36 will bring together the LA-Story and the Irwinknights.

What's gonna happen in #35? No clue. BUT there is plenty of stuff for telling a story:
- unsolved CJ-Gatekeeper-Sean-Sau-Victor-complication with a lot of CJ-TNT in it
- Lizzy and Saul connecting again
- The Colony at civil war with a Scratch on a total badassery-rampage
- The Burt-situation (it's about as hot as the nuke in Boulder)
- sat-phone
Enough stuff for at least two chapters ... Thus I would expect most of it being told in #35, but some parts being carried into #36 ...

And about the season finale:
- Either it will end with Scratch having tehm all in custody, and only Victor (and Lizzy) were able to bail out and bring the sat-phone-pieces to Glenn in order to make the call to Irwin (season 4 would start with a rescue-mission to The Colony to bring back Saul and Burt(?) into the game while also activating options on The Colony as the new winter-safespot for the Boulderites),
- OR we have the reunion of our Tower-Folks, 'cause Lady, Kelly and Pegs will show up as well (I hope so much), and the season-finale-cliffhanger will be about Tanya revealing the secret weapon against them zeehs ...

All the best!
Liam

Kc
Oct 17th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Interesting... People thought that episode 100 would have been different? It being #100 didn't change the story plan. It was just the additional stuff that was for #100~ Would have been weird to change the story just for that :)

nikvoodoo
Oct 17th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Interesting... People thought that episode 100 would have been different? It being #100 didn't change the story plan. It was just the additional stuff that was for #100~ Would have been weird to change the story just for that :)

Besides....you blew up a city....wtf more do you want peoples???!!!! :p

Witch_Doctor
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:55 PM

You clearly stated that there wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary for the episode simply because it was the 100th. But, speculating was fun anyway.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Story-wise, I doubt that Scratch is on the other end of the Sat Phone. Why? Well, which of these would be a more gut-wrenching, thought provoking, conspiracy theory hypothesizying cliffhanger?

A) Sat Phone rings, and it's from the L.A. team's phone?

2) Sat Phone rings, and it's from the L.A. team's phone and Scratch says, "Well, hello Michael."?

Bullethead
Oct 18th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Lets talk about the huge character flaw in this chapter from KC.

In Chapter 18 Tanya clearly states to Michael how good a help Hope is to her with patients. She claims and I quote, "she's not squeamish at all".

Fast forward to Chapter 34. Cowboy Datu tosses a lasso around Hope and leads her into the house of the jerk with the gun who was rather nice in lending them his car later. As they inspect the house for keys Hope cries, "I could have done without that." in reference to finding the guys legs. Also she wines, "Ew what am I standing in?"

Clearly there is a flaw in the character writing from KC here. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

:D

nikvoodoo
Oct 18th, 2012, 05:43 AM

In Chapter 18 Tanya clearly states to Michael how good a help Hope is to her with patients. She claims and I quote, "she's not squeamish at all".

Fast forward to Chapter 34. Cowboy Datu tosses a lasso around Hope and leads her into the house of the jerk with the gun who was rather nice in lending them his car later. As they inspect the house for keys Hope cries, "I could have done without that." in reference to finding the guys legs. Also she wines, "Ew what am I standing in?"

We've already recorded this week so it's too late for this one, however I would say that there's a difference between assisting someone do gross things, and stepping in the gross things while the zombies are all around you and could attack at any moment. I'd also say it's Tanya's interpretation of Hope and not Hope herself who says it.

I did forget about this though....mayhaps it is a writing flub!! Where are my pitchforks and torches??!! I know I have them around here somewhere in case Burt survives...

Bullethead
Oct 18th, 2012, 05:51 AM
I did forget about this though....mayhaps it is a writing flub!! Where are my pitchforks and torches??!! I know I have them around here somewhere in case Burt survives...

http://youtu.be/rLJFgJ1GXsM

Stay with the mob Nik

Hoff4D
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM
We've already recorded this week so it's too late for this one, however I would say that there's a difference between assisting someone do gross things, and stepping in the gross things while the zombies are all around you and could attack at any moment. I'd also say it's Tanya's interpretation of Hope and not Hope herself who says it.

I've always wanted Burt to survive, but accepted his fate as the type to end it for everyone (hospital episode where he accepted his fate, amongst other points in the story where he accepts death)....but is it bad that I want him to survive even MORE just to hear what kind of earful you have on the topic?

nikvoodoo
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I've always wanted Burt to survive, but accepted his fate as the type to end it for everyone (hospital episode where he accepted his fate, amongst other points in the story where he accepts death)....but is it bad that I want him to survive even MORE just to hear what kind of earful you have on the topic?

You can most certainly hope for it. I might get so angry about it I won't be able to speak though :p

Kc
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:37 AM

Pfft :P Maybe I forgot, or maybe it's different when you're not expecting it to be under your feet...Could be both ;) *disappears into shadows...

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:09 PM
This episode was an amazing bomb packed into a tiny 19 minute firecracker! I really enjoyed how we open on a sad note with that sad piano struggling like faint heart beat on EKG monitor as the few survivors trickle in to Irwin. Then we cut to a funny uplifting note with Datu's "I don't know what the hell I'm doing," thus confirming that our plucky maintenance man and his adopted youngster are still alive. Then it gets pretty exciting when the fighting ensues. Seriously, my heart was pounding and I was pissed as hell when Kimmet had the pilots shooting those pockets of Little Ones mingled with survivors. Finally, that military snare drum kicks in and I was instantly reminded of scenes of epic war battles. It was a hell of a way to end it, not to mention that call from the SAT phone to leave us hanging!

I'm thinking that the story could shift over to the colony and catch up on the events that happened where we last left off with Saul and the rest. It would then merge with whomever made the call to Ft. Irwin and pick up from there. This time around, I don't want to make any predictions. I'm just so damn pleased with the story. All I have are a few hopes: 1. Don't kill Saul. 2. Let whoever is calling Ft. Irwin on the SAT phone be able to communicate back to Michael. I hope the transmitter portion is working. 3. Don't kill Puck, I like the guy. 4. Keep on rockin' baby!