PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #49

nikvoodoo
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:34 AM
With the double podcast last week (both of which are releasing this week) plus a recording on Thursday....I'm not sure what to number this one anymore....I'll just say it's 48 and I will modify it as necessary.

So.......uh.......boom, eh? What'd you think of Episode 100???!!!!

LiamKerrington
Oct 9th, 2012, 07:32 AM
#1 Episode #34-2 SLASH #100 is a blast.

#2 What do you think? The evacuation of Boulder took place over the better part of the 'last night in Boulder'. And while people tried to get out of town - either by car or by air-evacuation via the airport in the North of Boulder -, soldiers (and civilians?) fought the zombies/ Boloes (Boulder Little Ones). Do you think
a) Boloes survived the the blast - especially the ones more at the outskirts of Boulder? Since 'em zombies have some abilities in pain-resistance as well as super tough skin, radiation might not be so much of an issue for them, don't you think?
b) How likely is it that wounded slow turners are in the rows of Boulderites having gathered at the safespot at Genesee South of Boulder?

All the best!
Liam

SaltyDog
Oct 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
With the double podcast last week (both of which are releasing this week) plus a recording on Thursday....I'm not sure what to number this one anymore....I'll just say it's 48 and I will modify it as necessary.

So.......uh.......boom, eh? What'd you think of Episode 100???!!!!

I really enjoyed #100. There could be some set up for major character development for Datu and Hope depending on who out of the pair survives. I don't think it's likely, at least, for both of them to die, but if Datu survives and Hope doesn't, he might regret getting stern with her leading up to the blast. Hope, on the reverse side, might have some regrets as well. If they both survive, I think they'll have a much stronger bond.

Will episode #48 be up soon? I just got caught up to the series live and I'm not sure what your release schedule is. Not seeing it up on iTunes yet.

Jannit
Oct 10th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the waiting game, Salty! New episodes are normally released on Monday.

MHarri10
Oct 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM
First post woooo!

Been a long time listener but only just decided to join with the 100# episode blowing my mind!

Can't see Hope dying as what would have been the point of the whole 'let's see if the surgery worked' scenario. Really feeling that the others may have perished though, the way Michael recalled how 'he was the idiot who let HER leave' when Pegs left the fort in a previous chapter.

God this story just keeps getting deeper and better, totally forgot how much I didn't want to leave the colony until this story thread totally eclipsed that! Bring on part 3!

When's the next We're Not Dead due?! Can't wait to see your guys reaction to the fact Boulder has gone!

Kc
Oct 10th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the waiting game, Salty! New episodes are normally released on Monday.

He means WND, I think-

Hoff4D
Oct 10th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Episode 100 was awesome. It was like the antithesis to the autopsy. The autopsy gave us tons of information, while this episode gave us lots of questions. Kc is masterful at this give and take tactic.

For the WND thread I'll simply paraphrase my thoughts from the 34-2 chapter discussion:

Scratch and Pegs still have a conflict to resolve. Based on the way in which the story is going (Scratch doing ANYthing to find Pegs) we either need to see:
1) Scratch die in a grandiose manner and Pegs resolve in life
2) Scratch kill Pegs
3) Pegs kill Scratch
4) Scratch and Pegs both die.

In any of this, we need to actually SEE these things take place, or it's a loose end. I'm ok with just assuming Kelly dies, but Pegs has too much vested to just disappear (in my opinion). So I truly think Burt is going to make a badass comeback and kill Scratch, and Pegs may die, but I think we will see it transpire. In 34-2 we heard a woman tell Michael "Oh, the french girl came by EARLIER, I couldn't let her in"....Michael just blows it off to say he'll see her later. All this time Riley has expressed interest in going out on a mission, and everyone else has been less than impressed by Riley, aside from her cooking. I think she may have hopped the last aircraft Boulder-bound for evacuation, as Kimmet wouldn't 'have good men' head out there on a suicide mission, but an expendable woman? I think Kimmet's capable of that, and Riley was just swinging by to tell Michael "Hey! Guess what!? I'm finally going on a mission! I'm going to evacuate Boulder!"....Riley has direct ties to Pegs/Kelly and I would think she has at least had some little contact with them, and may try to find/save them first. This is where I think Kelly/Pegs may make their appearance again. Either being saved by Riley, or Riley being seconds late to save one or both of them and we witness their demise.

2nd point - Datu also says to Hope that they'll just continue along the route they're on and meet up with the Rendezvous people, since all he knows is it's "along the 70" ( I think it was the 70, no?). Since the people back at Ft. Irwin deliberately say the aircrafts don't have enough gas to fly back, they'll most likely have to hoof it/drive it, and may cross paths with Datu actually en route to Ft. Irwin. If Riley saves Kelly or Pegs, she will be apart of this group of people, this will essentially close off one setting in the story and bring us back down to only maintaining storylines at Ft. Irwin and the Colony. Along with reuniting our lovely Tower people

That was a mouthful, sorry if it dragged on. What's the WND recording schedule now? I know you used to try to release on fridays, but it seems its completely up in the air now? Perhaps thats too much planning, lets take a step back and just ask "When is WND 48 planned to record/release?"

nikvoodoo
Oct 10th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I really enjoyed #100. There could be some set up for major character development for Datu and Hope depending on who out of the pair survives. I don't think it's likely, at least, for both of them to die, but if Datu survives and Hope doesn't, he might regret getting stern with her leading up to the blast. Hope, on the reverse side, might have some regrets as well. If they both survive, I think they'll have a much stronger bond.

Will episode #48 be up soon? I just got caught up to the series live and I'm not sure what your release schedule is. Not seeing it up on iTunes yet.

Episode 48 should be up soon. I was told it was being worked on. So you might receive a pair of episodes of pretty quickly. We generally record Thursday nights, and the podcast gets released on Friday.

Jannit
Oct 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
He means WND, I think-

This is what I get for checking the "What's New" on my phone and not paying attention to what part of the forums I'm in. Just ignore the crazy woman.

nikvoodoo
Oct 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
This is what I get for checking the "What's New" on my phone and not paying attention to what part of the forums I'm in. Just ignore the crazy woman.

done and done!

Zombie-Bane
Oct 10th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I think these people are too soft for what they've been through. They seem too knew to these situations. How many times do they need attacked by maulers to not trust people?

I have love every episode but #100.

Why nuke? It's too extreme. How about some tension like sending in firing squads that need to mow down everything?

How come no friends, besides Tommy, has turned. Let's really mess with their heads.

I miss Paul.

I can't believe no one has lost their mind yet. We need people who are absolutely losing it and are therefore a problem.

Sorry KC, your writing is awesome and I hold your story telling on a pedestal. I'm an aspiring writer too, but I'm getting frustrated with missed conflict and tension opportunities.

I really wish Hope killed one of the guys and told Datu, "Quit being so trusting. You can't count on a blind girl to save you all the time."

Maybe this is just how we differ. Hope you all don't kick me off. ;)

Kc
Oct 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
. Hope you all don't kick me off. ;)

Course not! I love critical conversation. You have a few good points in there, but I can't comment about anything for a while... *locks himself in room.

Zombie-Bane
Oct 10th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Course not! I love critical conversation. You have a few good points in there, but I can't comment about anything for a while... *locks himself in room.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear.

Osiris
Oct 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Dear Nik,

Thank you for taking my questions on the last thrilling installment of your podcast "We're Not Dead." I enjoyed the episode very much. I'm sorry I compared you to a grapefruit. My question this week is directed to Beez.

Dear Beez,

When editing do you find it difficult to make Nik and Britt seem as though they have a good working relationship, and is it difficult to make them sound witty?

Sincerely,
Osiris

P.S. You do an awesome job, keep it up!

Thank you, Nik and semi-host Britt for all of your hard, generally thankless work on the show, recaps, and interviews with the cast and creator(s)--still waiting for that Shane Salk interview that is never ever going to happen.

Regards,
Osiris.

P.S. We all missed hearing Britt's voice and were all very thankful to have her back at the helm, or at least in the wheelhouse.

SaltyDog
Oct 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

I was thinking about the episode title for this chapter and how it might tie into to the last part airing next week. Of course, "It Only Takes One" is a direct reference to one zombie causing an outbreak in Boulder, but could it also imply an upcoming death in the last part of this chapter? As in, the blast, outbreak, aftermath only takes one major character?

Could be between Hope and Datu, but we might open up on Kelly and Pegs and stay with them for their perspective on the blast until Kelly dies somehow. (I'm 100% certain Pegs won't be vulnerable story-wise until she makes it back to LA.)

UndeadSweeper
Oct 12th, 2012, 07:25 AM

KC.............. That my closet. :squint:

Kc
Oct 12th, 2012, 10:08 AM
KC.............. That my closet. :squint:
I thought it smelled funny.... *leaves and locks himself in another room.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 12th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Boloes (Boulder Little Ones).

Don't you mean Blinkings?

Ha Ha. I'm not staring this up again. :D

ferroaj
Oct 12th, 2012, 06:35 PM
done and done!

I just read this in your voice... that was weird.

Osiris
Oct 12th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I just read this in your voice... that was weird.

I read everything in nik's voice. I even read your post in nik's voice and added BAM at the end. I used to read in Britt's voice... but it's been so long since I heard it that I no longer remember.

LiamKerrington
Oct 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Don't you mean Blinkings?

Ha Ha. I'm not staring this up again. :D

Actually, "Blinklings" is quite funny. What about "Blados"? Doesn't sound like dog-food anymore ;)

awkwardalex
Oct 16th, 2012, 08:12 PM
*Cough* when are we gonna get episode 49?...as a concerned member of the forum. Beez? *cough*

Zombie-Bane
Oct 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Finally, Michael grows some balls. I like it.

So, I guess we jump back to the colony now...?

SaltyDog
Oct 17th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I'm bummed.

When I posted earlier, I was hoping for the recap on episode #100. Didn't realize they were still working on part 1 of the chapter.

nikvoodoo
Oct 17th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I posted this on facebook so I'll now post it here:

These last couple weeks have been very wonky.

We had the special episode which released on the Monday of Episode 100, there was a huge delay due to editing #48 (Orin and Sean) which came out the same week as part two. We recorded part 2's episode (#49) on time but because we had already put beez behind the 8 ball, that episode is coming out hopefully today as I just got a text from Beez saying he'll be sending it to Kc later to post.

I'm recording tonight for episode #50. Hopefully, that comes out on time and we're all back on track!

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Nik, beez, special guest hosts, and britt, you guys fuckin rock for all your hard work!

I totally typed that above sentence in all caps but it came out edited. Fuck that.

So like should we create a new thread for episode #50 comments and questions then?

LiamKerrington
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM
nik, beez, special guest hosts, and britt, you guys fuckin rock for all your hard work!

^^ this ^^

nikvoodoo
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Nik, beez, special guest hosts, and britt, you guys fuckin rock for all your hard work!

I totally typed that above sentence in all caps but it came out edited. Fuck that.

So like should we create a new thread for episode #50 comments and questions then?

I already did you silly head. http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3730-We-re-Not-Dead-50

UndeadSweeper
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Finally, Michael grows some balls. I like it.

So, I guess we jump back to the colony now...?

Maybe, one ep at the colony, one at the Irwin, and one join both together., maybe the middle one?

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Great episode Lady and Gentlemans! AwkwardAlex you were a great guest host. It sounds like you've been doing this for some time now! Great job! I hope Buddy (your dog?) doesn't think you are crazy.

Nik, as always, well done. Though I have to say that Beeze totally made me spit up water while at work for the way he edited your voice. Lol! I gotta say he cracks me up man, but you do a very good job of playing the straight man to his non-present funny man bits. Beezeball likely won't read these comments so I'll e-mail him at n00bketeers, cuz I'm a stalker like that.

Great show! I loved it! Can't wait for Episode 50, but I'll have to.

nikvoodoo
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Great episode Lady and Gentlemans! AwkwardAlex you were a great guest host. It sounds like you've been doing this for some time now! Great job! I hope Buddy (your dog?) doesn't think you are crazy.

Nik, as always, well done. Though I have to say that Beeze totally made me spit up water while at work for the way he edited your voice. Lol! I gotta say he cracks me up man, but you do a very good job of playing the straight man to his non-present funny man bits. Beezeball likely won't read these comments so I'll e-mail him at n00bketeers, cuz I'm a stalker like that.

Great show! I loved it! Can't wait for Episode 50, but I'll have to.

I do what I can playing off an imaginary funny man :)

Tielurrdee
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I enjoyed listening to this episode of we're not dead. Alex and nick did a good job it wasnt too awkward haha. And beeze you freaking tripped me out where you started panning the voice back and fourth. I just got new headphones a few weeks ago and wa like Nooo no wtf is wrong with my headphones I thought they were messing up. Then I laughed a sigh of relief when I realized it was you having fun at nicks expense. Thanks for all the work you guys have been doing to push these out.

beezball
Oct 19th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Glad so many people liked the editing :)

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 19th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Glad so many people liked the editing :)

So much so that some of us, not saying who, stalk you with e-mails to the n00bketeers!

Osiris
Oct 21st, 2012, 02:27 PM
I have to say, I can't recall any time when I mentioned a radioactive zombie theory.

Osiris
Oct 21st, 2012, 02:54 PM
P.S. If/when Scratch is killed off I'm officially requesting to co-host the episode of WND that follows.

awkwardalex
Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
I have to say, I can't recall any time when I mentioned a radioactive zombie theory.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3703-We-re-Alive-100!!!!!-AKA-Chapter-34-2-It-Only-Takes-One/page2

ahem. to this I was refering to.

Osiris
Oct 22nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3703-We-re-Alive-100!!!!!-AKA-Chapter-34-2-It-Only-Takes-One/page2

ahem. to this I was refering to.

You misinterpret sarcasm as belief.

Osiris
Oct 22nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
On a semi-related note... good job on your debut Alex. You didn't sound like hillfolk. :love: