PDA

View Full Version : Season Three finale

Marvin A. Lanier
Oct 8th, 2012, 10:19 AM
So, time for me to make a We're Alive prediction: I think the season is going to end with everyone in peril- cliff hangers for all three story lines that will parle into the next season. Boulder with an evac crew that is in trouble, Saul and Lizzy caught in The Colony's wake, and Michael being ousted from the military due to his recent actions, just as he learns of Boulders imminent demise-and Saul getting a message out to the military base.

LiamKerrington
Oct 8th, 2012, 10:20 AM
What a mess ... And only 12 episodes to clean it up again ...

Osiris
Oct 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
It ends with Burt's death, Scratch preparing to launch herself at Ft. Irwin, and Michael hearing Pegs's voice.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 8th, 2012, 12:57 PM
It ends with Burt's death, Scratch preparing to launch herself at Ft. Irwin, and Michael hearing Pegs's voice.

Sounds so delightful to me.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
As Liam said, there are mere 12 episodes left.

Proof me wrong, I do not recall any zombie related movie with a happy end. The farewell tour of humanity might have just started...

LiamKerrington
Oct 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
As Liam said, there are mere 12 episodes left.

Proof me wrong, I do not recall any zombie related movie with a happy end. The farewell tour of humanity might have just started...

I know one:
Sean of the Dead!

And actually Zombieland - to some degree ...

Osiris
Oct 8th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I know one:
Sean of the Dead!

Shaun didn't really have a happy ending at all. Ed was dead, so was Philip and Mum... it was terrible.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 8th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I know one:
Sean of the Dead!

Shaun of the Dead parodies zombie films in general, so that does not count.

Zombieland: It's just a tragedy from the moment on they killed Bill Murray. In addition to that, they ran out of Twinkies! O_o

LiamKerrington
Oct 9th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Yeah, well. Ok ...

Jannit
Oct 9th, 2012, 01:06 PM
You know, I don't think Kc is nice enough to wrap everything up at the end of season three. No offense to him, but that'd be a bit too neat given all the loose ends we have hanging around. Please tell me if I've missed anything but as of right now (34-2) we've got the following plot bits outstanding:
1. Boulder evacuation - no word on what the fallout of the nuke is.
2. Datu and Hope somewhere out in the middle of nowhere following a possible avalanche (Speculation)
3. Pegs and Kelly are unaccounted for following the nuke
4. Victor, CJ, Saul, Lizzy and Burt are down at the colony in the middle of a big escape. Lizzy knows Burt is still alive and will insist on a rescue in the middle of the riot/coup that's going on down there
5. The satellite phone is still at CJ's tower and so far the replacement parts haven't been picked up.
6. Michael, Tanya and Riley are at Ft. Irwin and presumably safe for the moment. Safe except for the fact we've got a gun-happy woman with anger issues, the possibility of a slow turner, and a sergeant with authority issues.

There are a LOT of pieces that will need to be put in place before I think we can realistically expect to have the original tower-ites join up again (if they're all alive, that is). Even if we group the outstanding threads down to Evacuees, Colony and Ft. Irwin for simplicity sake, it's my humble opinion that we'll be lucky to have two out of three resolved by the end of the season. Besides, Kc's gotta have something to write about in season four, right? xD

Bullethead
Oct 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
but what about Skittles!?

LiamKerrington
Oct 11th, 2012, 09:57 AM
1. Boulder evacuation - no word on what the fallout of the nuke is.

Wind West => East. Thus the fallout will primarily spread to the East.

2. Datu and Hope somewhere out in the middle of nowhere following a possible avalanche (Speculation).

I guess the position marked on CabbagePage's map nearly nails it. Considering the descriptions of Datu (Sign, this is the six) gives us quite a decent position or at least street section where they are right now. But I agree with you: We cannot be certain, where exactly Datu and Hope are right now - at some parking place along the route 6 ...

3. Pegs and Kelly are unaccounted for following the nuke.

True. But we are able to make some valid, if not even solid, best guesses: A whole night of evacuation, close location to the airport ... For sure they will received news about the evacuation, and I guess they would take any chances to get out of there or (worse!) search for Datu and Hope, unless Kelly kees his cool demeanor and forces Pegs and Lady to leave the city and rationalizing that Datu and Hope would and will do the same ...

4. Victor, CJ, Saul, Lizzy and Burt are down at the colony in the middle of a big escape. Lizzy knows Burt is still alive and will insist on a rescue in the middle of the riot/coup that's going on down there.

Well ... Victor, Saul and CJ try to break in, Lizzy does whatever a second trimester pregnant woman does totally left alone in the mayhem of people shooting each other and Burt is locked down ...

5. The satellite phone is still at CJ's tower and so far the replacement parts haven't been picked up.

From what I 'understood' (not sure, if I am right, though) Glenn already has what he needs; we only have no confirmation that Glen was able to fix it.

6. Michael, Tanya and Riley are at Ft. Irwin and presumably safe for the moment. Safe except for the fact we've got a gun-happy woman with anger issues, the possibility of a slow turner, and a sergeant with authority issues.

Michael and Tanya are at Fort Irwin; Rilye, emotional as she is, could have started to try something ... Maybe Riley still is at Irwin, or she is outbound to wherever to do whatever ... ;)

There are a LOT of pieces that will need to be put in place before I think we can realistically expect to have the original tower-ites join up again (if they're all alive, that is).

There are plenty of bits and pieces. And up until now I have read many interesting, challenging as well as sovalid or vasolid (valid + solid or vice versa) theories on how things will evolve. And that makes this show so utterly awesome ... ;)

All the best!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Oct 11th, 2012, 09:57 AM

And Mr. Whiskers.

Probably Skittles becomes Toxic Batman and Mr. Whiskers Toxic Catman!

Osiris
Oct 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM

He died.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
And Mr. Whiskers.

Probably Skittles becomes Toxic Batman and Mr. Whiskers Toxic Catman!

Stay away from drugs. :-)

Jannit
Oct 12th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Wind West => East. Thus the fallout will primarily spread to the East.

I was speaking in general terms. Are all the zombies dead? Did it kill some of the people evacuated from Boulder? Are we going to go back to Boulder to see the remains? Etc.

I guess the position marked on CabbagePage's map nearly nails it. Considering the descriptions of Datu (Sign, this is the six) gives us quite a decent position or at least street section where they are right now. But I agree with you: We cannot be certain, where exactly Datu and Hope are right now - at some parking place along the route 6 ...

We have a relatively decent guess where they are thanks to CabbagePatch’s map but I’m not sure that they are so lucky. Granted, they have a map, or had a map. I guess we’ll have to wait and see where they are after the avalanche (if that’s what it is).

…we are able to make some valid, if not even solid, best guesses: A whole night of evacuation, close location to the airport ... For sure they will received news about the evacuation, and I guess they would take any chances to get out of there or (worse!) search for Datu and Hope, unless Kelly kees his cool demeanor and forces Pegs and Lady to leave the city and rationalizing that Datu and Hope would and will do the same ...

Very likely but until we find out what they did, they’re still a loose end. Given the style of the story so far, a bit of time will be needed to go through and recount the details of their escape (if they escaped). I’m inclined to agree that being first-hand witnesses of what zombies in general are capable of, they wouldn’t have wasted any time in getting out of the city once the alarm sounded. They’re probably somewhere safe-ish.

Well ... Victor, Saul and CJ try to break in, Lizzy does whatever a second trimester pregnant woman does totally left alone in the mayhem of people shooting each other and Burt is locked down ...

Scream hysterically as the pregnancy hormones take control and make her more than a little crazy and irrational? :P Kidding aside, I think Lizzy and Saul have a good possibility of actually finding one another now that they have radio communication. The tricky part in this plot line is that we’ll need a resolution to the Burt situation before we can leave.

I’m guessing Scratch is a lose end that won’t be tied up until Season four. She’s like that fruitcake that keeps showing up every year around Christmas that you thought you’d managed to get rid of last year.

From what I 'understood' (not sure, if I am right, though) Glenn already has what he needs; we only have no confirmation that Glen was able to fix it.
The part needed to fix the sat phone is at the colony and Glenn is back at the tower, as I understood it. Everyone at the colony still needs to make it back to CJ’s tower before the phone can be fixed.

Michael and Tanya are at Fort Irwin; Riley, emotional as she is, could have started to try something ... Maybe Riley still is at Irwin, or she is outbound to wherever to do whatever ... ;)

I’m a fan of this idea. It’d give us another journal to “see” through when the story is being told. I think it’d open up a good perspective on things and would be an interesting twist for Kc to use.
At the end of the day, I was mostly just trying to list the outstanding branches of the stor
y since I really don’t think we have time for them all to be resolved before S3 is over. My bet is that S3 ends with the sat phone being fixed and Saul making contact with Michael.

Lots of interesting ideas and things to consider.

Cheers,
~Jannit

LiamKerrington
Oct 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Hi there,

*about fallout and such*

I was speaking in general terms. Are all the zombies dead? Did it kill some of the people evacuated from Boulder? Are we going to go back to Boulder to see the remains? Etc.

Ah, right. Ok ...
I guess the initial blast of the nuke won't have killed all zombies in Boulder, but many to most. This is based on the consideration that the lethality of the blast declines rapidly (between 1.7 and 2.7 miles the chance to survive the initial blast rises from 2% up to 60%). Afterwards the remaining zombies will be affected by nuclear poisoning (whatever the right term for this might be ...) probably killing even more of them over the next days and weeks to come - heavily depending on how close each one was to the explosion, how much protection it might have received from the next surrounding (concrete, buildings), and how long it stays at the location. This also means: They still are capable of turning or killings humans over this time. And since te rules of survival at a nuclear blast-site remains the same for humans, the number of little ones may as well increase again ...
Thus I guess there will be quite some little ones remaining. I even guess some might try to follow the fleeing survivors. In my worst case scenario I even see the one or the other little one having jumped on small trucks, winnebagos or other cars - what can be done with a chopper is as well manageable with ground vehicles ...
So: No - not all of the zombies are dead, and yes: quite a potential to tell even more horrible stories ...

Getting back to Boulder? No, I don't think so. That part is finished. Maybe we see the retreat of Kelly, Peg and Lady ... But nothing more ...

All the best!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 13th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi there,

*about fallout and such*

Ah, right. Ok ...
I guess the initial blast of the nuke won't have killed all zombies in Boulder, but many to most. This is based on the consideration that the lethality of the blast declines rapidly (between 1.7 and 2.7 miles the chance to survive the initial blast rises from 2% up to 60%). Afterwards the remaining zombies will be affected by nuclear poisoning (whatever the right term for this might be ...) probably killing even more of them over the next days and weeks to come - heavily depending on how close each one was to the explosion, how much protection it might have received from the next surrounding (concrete, buildings), and how long it stays at the location. This also means: They still are capable of turning or killings humans over this time. And since te rules of survival at a nuclear blast-site remains the same for humans, the number of little ones may as well increase again ...
Thus I guess there will be quite some little ones remaining. I even guess some might try to follow the fleeing survivors. In my worst case scenario I even see the one or the other little one having jumped on small trucks, winnebagos or other cars - what can be done with a chopper is as well manageable with ground vehicles ...
So: No - not all of the zombies are dead, and yes: quite a potential to tell even more horrible stories ...

Getting back to Boulder? No, I don't think so. That part is finished. Maybe we see the retreat of Kelly, Peg and Lady ... But nothing more ...

All the best!
Liam

In my opinion, zombies can be best compared with a cancer. You can cut away the affected tissue/organ (at least partially). But if you just almost start to think that you have made it - it unfortunately returns in most cases. It is a pity, yet it is the case with your mutual lurking friends.

And yeah, Liam is absolutely right, Boulder is done. Everyone remembers the aftermath of 9/11, the very hysteria. Boulder has been annihilated. Any place is better than this nuclear wasteland.