PDA

View Full Version : end of series 3 theory

Star-Predator25
Oct 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
After listening to parts 32 to the recent 34 part 1, I have gained the theory that the series will end in two ways:

1) Michael will go to boulder to save his friends and have a war with the zombies (to comply with the epic fight trend)

2) Lizzie will escape from the mallers (to combine with the maller contribution trend) and have her baby as soon as she re-unites with saul, bringing new hope

nikvoodoo
Oct 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
The series or the season?

Star-Predator25
Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
the third season

LiamKerrington
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:18 AM
After listening to parts 32 to the recent 34 part 1, I have gained the theory that the series will end in two ways:

1) Michael will go to boulder to save his friends and have a war with the zombies (to comply with the epic fight trend)

2) Lizzie will escape from the mallers (to combine with the maller contribution trend) and have her baby as soon as she re-unites with saul, bringing new hope

1) What about Tanya? If Michael heads to Boulder, he probably would be able to bring Riley with him. But Tanya?
2) Would be kind of a very preterm birth, wouldn't it? Considering the situation I have some trouble believing little Henry (if Lizzy sticks with the name provided by Scratch) would survive in those circumstances ...

All the best!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I am not sure if Mr Wayland has got enough rabbits left in his hat to extend Tanya's liberty of action. Michael is currently not able to do both in time, getting Tanya quarantine and breaking down quickly on to Boulder.Yeah, he is really in quandary - it is again a pure Michael situation. If he likes it or not, he is the pivotal point whose actions decide on who is going to live or not. While trying to pretend being this tough/rational soldier, his very own version of Boulder consists of Kelly, Datu, Hope and of course Pegs.

Taking a look at what is going on at the mallony, I can simply not predict the outcome. Ok, Lizzy and Saul will reunite at some point, that is for sure. However, things will get a litte complicated, when Lizzy will tell him and Victor about Burt. I do not know what the outcome will be. Will there be a wild shooting between the two fractions? Will the colony be overrun by zombies. Nevertheless, it is not good place to give birth to a baby, moreover, its chances of survival would be rather low.

LiamKerrington
Oct 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
This crossed my mind:

What, if Michael, Puck, Carl, Riley (?) and Robbins (and Tanya???) are allowed to move to Boulder in order to organize or support the evacuation of the remaining Boulderites ... Considering the probably huge number of people the evacuation wouldn't (only) rely on air-transportation only, especially since we had several hints towards the shortage of gas for planes (which is a lot different from gas for cars and trucks, right?); they would need to organize convoys for the people of Boulder to get out there asap ... or even create a flow of refugees on foot ... This would be kind of an interesting cliffhanger for the Fort Irwin - Boulder storyline at the end of season 3, right? And in season 4 we could have something along the Mad Max theme with the refugees and soldiers trying to get to Boulder - in the middle of winter, with super special super-zombies on their tail, a manic depressive colonel and his nuke ...

7oddisdead
Oct 6th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Hmm...heres the crackpot ender for ya

Dunbar tower, complete with refugees from the colony...under attack from ink and co..at the same time boulder is being readied to set off the nuke. Round about the same timeframe as nuke goes boom...glenn gets the sat phone working...where does Mikey go?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM
This crossed my mind:

What, if Michael, Puck, Carl, Riley (?) and Robbins (and Tanya???) are allowed to move to Boulder in order to organize or support the evacuation of the remaining Boulderites ... Considering the probably huge number of people the evacuation wouldn't (only) rely on air-transportation only, especially since we had several hints towards the shortage of gas for planes (which is a lot different from gas for cars and trucks, right?); they would need to organize convoys for the people of Boulder to get out there asap ... or even create a flow of refugees on foot ... This would be kind of an interesting cliffhanger for the Fort Irwin - Boulder storyline at the end of season 3, right? And in season 4 we could have something along the Mad Max theme with the refugees and soldiers trying to get to Boulder - in the middle of winter, with super special super-zombies on their tail, a manic depressive colonel and his nuke ...

I have racked my brains over it (nice pun, by the way) how Tanya will get out of her quarantine cell. Since Kimmet has always dismissed Tanya's requests to be released from her prison, I think that it is up to Michael to take matters into his own hands. He has already assembled a group of soldiers he can rely on. Duuh-duuh-duuuuuhhh, watch out, Kimmet!

stat
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=YetAnotherBloodyCheek;48490Yeah, he is really in quandary - it is again a pure Michael situation. If he likes it or not, he is the pivotal point whose actions decide on who is going to live or not. While trying to pretend being this tough/rational soldier, his very own version of Boulder consists of Kelly, Datu, Hope and of course Pegs.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. For my money, friends over family seems to be a theme on WA. On the families aren't as good as friends side, we have Tanya and Saul who drifted apart, Kelly and Tommy whose relationship wasn't that great, and IMHO, there's an implication that Michael didn't get along too well with his family. (The reluctance to talk about them plus his problems with authority seem to hint that he didn't get along so well with the 'rents.) Families who have seemed close include Scratch who is willing to maim, torture and kill pretty much anyone to avenge her brother and Kalani who is willing to put a lot of people at risk to save his daughter. Also the whole, mysterious family that Scratch is a part of? Yeah, that shit's fucked up.

Conversely, we've seen Riley and Michael (and Victor and Saul and Kalani and Angel and Riley and Lizzy that one time) emotionally support each other, and we've seen friends die/be willing to die for each other. It's sort of odd because it seems that the consanguineous family (people who share blood) have been the primary unit of societal organization in human history. But maybe in times of strife, blood bonds are the first to break?

Sorry, let me return to the topic. Per my theory that the show privileges affinity over consanguinity, I do think that the final battle of the season will be as much a philosophical one as a literal one. Michael needs to choose where his loyalty lies. He doesn't have blood, so he can't retreat to them. Because he can't hide behind family, he'll have to decide between the individualistic/humanistic philosophy we saw him implement in the Tower and the collectivist/utilitarian view promoted by the military.

Obviously, I don't have a clue what's going to happen. But the ending for Season One seemed to indicate (to me) that success/survival was the result of everyone doing their personal best and Season Two's relative failure seemed to stem from the dissolution of the relationships in the Tower. Okay. That sounded dumb. In Season One, everyone pitched in and worked together but from within their respective wheelhouses. If "all" you could do was push furniture, you pushed furniture. But in Season Two, there was no communication and people were at cross purposes. So, some people were flying fucking helicopters, some people were locked in jail and god knows what some others were even doing.

Or maybe WA is just a comment on the tendency of things towards entropy...not unlike this post.

Miss
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I have a feeling that the brilliant mind that is KC Wayland will come up with something that will be surprising yet satisfying yet mystifying, there are plenty of loose threads that he can tie up in a nice neat bow and others that he can leave as a wonderful cliffhanger. Im so bad at judging where things are going Im going to hold off putting my ideas out there just yet, but I have my hopes that the saul and lizzy story line will get to a satisfying point before the end of season

LongoriaN
Oct 18th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I can’t help but think that Episode 35 will be back at the colony, or at least the colony after the battle in which the sat phone was secured. IMO it is likely the next episode will cover the battle in detail, although keeping with tradition it could also be likely that the season finally will be a detailed account of the combat at the colony.

Either way, Veterans day is coming up the 12 and is the same day as Ep 35 P3. I would be expecting one of the soldiers to die or someone important. Everyone should have the Kleenexs on hand for the 11/12/12. Burt isn’t going to make it.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I do not think that Burt is going to die. This would be just - inappropriate. A lot of people like Burt. Needless to say, he is not immortal but in my opition, Mr Wayland is not someone who would kill him off in such a cynical way. Burt deserves better. In addition to Lizzy's pregnancy, he be a hell of an obstacle for team good. Especially as an European, I remember the pictures and films taken in concentration and prisoner camps in Germany during World War II and in Yugoslavia during the Bosnia war. Why do I mention it? Because I think nothing will stop Scratch from physically destroying Burt. She will at least try to wipe out his very existence if it helps to get the information about Pegs out of him. His unwillingness to cooperate makes her blind to see him as the living being he is. Now imagine what hunger, pain and physical humiliation have done to him over the past months. Will he ever be the same again? I highly doubt it.

So here's my guess:

+ Burt will be freed
+ The colony will be overrun by zombies
+ Scratch will escape with a small group of mallers
+ One character CJ/Victor/Saul/Lizzy will be mortally wounded

LiamKerrington
Oct 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM
What? Burt is not immortal???? DOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
What? Burt is not immortal???? DOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Liam, are you again looking through your rose-coloured glasses? Have we not learnt from the Highlander movies that it takes a sword at least? So maybe CJ...

LiamKerrington
Oct 18th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Well, I prefer using the peril sensitiv sunglasses ... Thus I wouldn't see it coming that Burt is not immortal ...

stat
Oct 19th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I do not think that Burt is going to die. This would be just - inappropriate. A lot of people like Burt. Needless to say, he is not immortal but in my opition, Mr Wayland is not someone who would kill him off in such a cynical way. Burt deserves better. In addition to Lizzy's pregnancy, he be a hell of an obstacle for team good. Especially as an European, I remember the pictures and films taken in concentration and prisoner camps in Germany during World War II and in Yugoslavia during the Bosnia war. Why do I mention it? Because I think nothing will stop Scratch from physically destroying Burt. She will at least try to wipe out his very existence if it helps to get the information about Pegs out of him. His unwillingness to cooperate makes her blind to see him as the living being he is. Now imagine what hunger, pain and physical humiliation have done to him over the past months. Will he ever be the same again? I highly doubt it.
You bring up some really interesting points. It wouldn't do to call this a story of survival and kill Burt off because Burt's sort of the epitome of a survivor, isn't he? Three months of torture have made him lean and hungry--not despondent (based on what we've seen/heard so far.)
Regarding whether he'd be the same again, I also doubt that he will be. However, there was an interesting interview with Elie Wiesel in the least interesting of magazines and the interviewer asked him what it took to be normal again after having been dehumanized. Here's what he said, "What is abnormal is that I am normal. That I survived the Holocaust and went on to love beautiful girls, to talk, to write, to have toast and tea and live my life — that is what is abnormal." Don't get me wrong--I think that Wiesel would have been a different person had he not been in a concentration camp, but I think the ability of humans to adapt should never be discounted. We're made to survive. And if Burt escapes, he'll be a different person but he'll pull through.

Also, I know it won't happen in season 3 and she might be dead anyway, but how has Pegs not totally freaked out that the Tower was destroyed by someone looking for her? I literally* cannot imagine how I'd feel if I knew that others had been killed as a way to get to me. And if she finds out what happened to Burt? Maybe it's better if my baby girl is dead. (But if they do meet up again, I can see Burt being rather proud of himself for having survived Scratch and Pegs being horrified.)

*I'm not abusing "literally" here. I try to think of how that would make me feel and my brain goes, "LALALALALA, I'm not listening. I won't do this."

fridginators
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:17 AM
^ You bring up a good point, I don't think Pegs actually ever knew, nor has it ever really been made a point of. Remember Pegs and Datu flew over to the building next to the Tower, and essentially helped people on board before getting the hell outta dodge.

I agree that Burt will not die soon - remember, he needs to write down Chapters 23-24 in his journal. I do believe he will die before the show's up, but hell he may not, we don't actually know, he may end up being a lone wolf again, which actually would make for a fitting character arc now that I think about it. Long and short is, he needs to be rescued. He still has a purpose. Otherwise there's no point in breaking his spirit. We need to see him either crumble under the weight of his sorrow or rise up above it. Just killing him now means nothing.

Saul could potentially die, don't think he will but he could. Might be injured for a while, but we've kinda already played that card, so dunno. Victor...come too far to die now, still too many secrets/unknowns about him, and KC can't Kalani an explanation out of him. CJ... yeah maybe but no. She still has a role to play. Glenn/Pete are too far away (wonder what happens to Pete what with Greggy's cancer...). Gatekeeper will either die trying to be evil again or die fighting. I mean he might plausibly win and be a good leader, but he's just too broken it seems. Maybe Bixby will sell out the Mallony, but again I doubt it.

I do think Chapter 35 will revert to the Colony. It may not be JUST the Colony, but we will hear from them. We've had the split, we've got up to the same page, now we start the end-game for this season. Or rather, the end-games have both been started - the fight in the Mallony, the fight at Ft Irwin, now they intertwine and we see where we go. Oh the fucking joy.