PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition of WND: Featuring Kc Wayland!

nikvoodoo
Sep 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, zombies of all ages!

The one. The only. The MAN. Kc Wayland! Will be joining Britt and Nick for a special edition of WND. What will be covered? WE'RE ALIVE #100 BITCHES!

As we'll have the ear of Mr. Wayland, we want your questions! Post them here. And you should definitely tune in. We're gonna be talkin' about some next level We're Alive shit on this podcast!

As if there is ever a concrete plan, we won't know when this one gets released until like....12 hours before hand. So keep checking back to the forum in order to hear about the release. So let's have it!!

Who got a question for dat Wayland man?!

EDIT: From Kc: Just for fun I'm also gonna throw up a link to the reddit world for people to get some karmas!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Werealive/comments/10qble/wnd_special_edition_ask_wa_writer_kc_questions_to/

Verse
Sep 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I gotz one.

What things did you have to change in the story from your original Idea? Did you just toss it out the window or move it to something/someone else?

IE..The Tower was suppose to be in a something else, but did not make sense, or Riley was suppose to go to colony, but due to actor having a root canal done, Kelly went instead.

Can be anything. Read somewhere the Mr. Ecko was suppost to be much much more important on Lost, but due to personal issues had to step out so his Character was killed off. Wanted to know if anything like that happened.

Edit: Clarifying the question so it doesn't look like I am trying to find personnel drama.

Osiris
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Dear Nik, you pick one, two or all:

a) Which character is your favourite and which is your least?
b) Have you found that perhaps you write the characters a little easier after all these episodes and if so, would you say you attribute that to your growth as a writer or the influence of the actors (i.e. hearing the voices clearer in your head)?
c) If you could be half man/half sausage, which way around would you have it? Top half man, bottom half sausage? Top half sausage, bottom half man?

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2012, 11:16 PM
1) Generally spoken: What type of zombies does Kc prefer - like Romero-type, 28-days-type, Resident-Evil-Special-Ones-type, Consumer-idiot-type or what?
2) In terms of WA: Which one did Kc enjoy creating most? The Regulars, Jumpers, Runners, Behemoths, Not-So-Little-Ones-Anymore, Smart Ones or Bill Roberts?
3) If Kc was a zombie, which one would he like to be?
4) And in terms of apocalypitic catastrophees: What kind of super-apocalypse would Kc adore most - ranging from A like asteroids crushing Earth to Z like Zeeh-Pocalypse (Zombie-APocalypse)?

Looking forward to another most-uber WND epsiode ...

Robzombie
Sep 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I’ve heard and read about how you, KC, came up with the idea of We’re Alive and how you imagined a scenario in a tower and so forth. My question revolves around how you actually started Wayland Productions, and followed through with the idea of We’re Alive. Did you start Wayland Productions solely as a way of developing this story or did it just make commercial sense considering all of the other writing/directing work you have done and would like to explore in the future?

Also, did you ever have that moment, that conscious realization where you thought to yourself, “hey, I’m actually going through with this, this is for real, let’s do this, zombies…here we come”?

And if I may…who was the first person you told about doing a zombie podcast (outside of Shane & other people directly involved), and what was their reaction?

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 27th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Since I follow KC here on the forums and over on his The Drive Home podcast, and follow Britt on The n00bketeers and on Facebook, do I come off as stalkerish?

If the answer is no, then I will try harder. :D

Seriously, I don't have many questions since the man is very cool about talking to us on the forums. I did just think of one now, though it's of little importance: Has there ever been a fan made prediction about that show that made you smile and think, "You son-of-a-bitch. You got it."

nikvoodoo
Sep 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Since I follow KC here on the forums and over on his The Drive Home podcast, and follow Britt on The n00bketeers and on Facebook, do I come off as stalkerish?

Seriously, I don't have many questions since the man is very cool about talking to us on the forums. I did just think of one now, though it's of little importance: Has there ever been a fan made prediction about that show that made you smile and think, "You son-of-a-bitch. You got it."

I'd like to frame your question on my biggest prediction of the story: TOWTM is the one telling the story! :)

I won't of course because we won't know for like...another two years.

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 27th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I'd like to frame your question on my biggest prediction of the story: TOWTM is the one telling the story! :)

I won't of course because we won't know for like...another two years.

Very early on, my money was on Scratch's son reading the journals...but I suppose I could amend it so that Lizzy's son (under the care of Scratch) is reading them. ;)

Hoff4D
Sep 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM

x2

Has someone nailed it in a prediction? If so, is it a prediction that already happened (in the story to us) that surprised you someone guessed and what was it? Or did someone nail it for a future reveal, of course being as vague as you possibly can be so we can't pinpoint it.

In that same vein, do you ever read some theories and think "Hey...that would've been a good idea too"?

Hoff4D
Sep 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I know you don't watch Walking Dead, but I assume to have written this you have a spot in your heart for some Zombie Apocalypse media. Which leads to:

1) What's your favorite Z-day piece of work?

2) I have to imagine this story has been in in your brain a few years, at least in some sort of infancy, since conceptualizing it have you seen a movie/read a book that did something novel in their storyline that you had already written down/thought of for your story and had to scratch it for the sake of creativity? If so, and it can be discussed without ruining the future of this story, what was it?

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM
KC! Can you write down your plan for the rest of the season and keep it in a super safe secret underground bunker...you know, just in case the world comes to an "end" in December this year? I can then justify making an adventurous journey across half the country to L.A. to obtain closure regarding the WA story.

Condor
Sep 27th, 2012, 05:57 PM
If money, scheduling, whatever, were not an issue, who would you like to have appear as a guest or recurring role on We're Alive?

Osiris
Sep 27th, 2012, 07:55 PM
ibnikignoresmyquestionsasusual

Hoff4D
Sep 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
KC! Can you write down your plan for the rest of the season and keep it in a super safe secret underground bunker...you know, just in case the world comes to an "end" in December this year? I can then justify making an adventurous journey across half the country to L.A. to obtain closure regarding the WA story.

I think he's required to do so purely based on his jab at Lost. Having the characters talk about going to get the scripts in the midst of Zpocalypse is foreshadowing that the storyline of his story are locked away in his safe and retrievable in case we need to. I bet the first 2 numbers to the safe are the chapter number/part number....but whats the rest of the combo Kc? We need to know....just in case.

This also creates quite a rendezvous point for We're Alive fans for when the zombies come. We'll all have plans in line with each other due to our shared interest for We're Alive...Naturally this would be the center of the real-life boulder in the event of Z-day

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I think he's required to do so purely based on his jab at Lost. Having the characters talk about going to get the scripts in the midst of Zpocalypse is foreshadowing that the storyline of his story are locked away in his safe and retrievable in case we need to. I bet the first 2 numbers to the safe are the chapter number/part number....but whats the rest of the combo Kc? We need to know....just in case.

This also creates quite a rendezvous point for We're Alive fans for when the zombies come. We'll all have plans in line with each other due to our shared interest for We're Alive...Naturally this would be the center of the real-life boulder in the event of Z-day

*forehead slap* Of course! The combo is 56221! Just like Burt's safe combo! Genius! BTW, at one point I had posted (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1267-Ask-Him-Yourself!&p=36203&highlight=combo#post36203) that I thought that was Burt's birthday, 1/22/56.

mark.Leonard
Sep 28th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Ask K.C. what he has in the works for post WA, any plans to move the show to TV/Film, any parallel development happening on other projects?

nikvoodoo
Sep 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
ibnikignoresmyquestionsasusual

I won't ignore all of them.....maybe the sausage one.

7oddisdead
Sep 29th, 2012, 12:44 AM
this is easy..

how do californians feel about bald men with beards? illinionians find it an "odd" look...

i second the question with the Mr. ecko reference...has anyone in the past (tommy or bill for example) had a bigger role, yet the script had to change due to actor issues.....

Kc
Sep 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Just for extra Karma fun, here's a reddit link as well if people want to post more questions. We could all use a little Karma.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Werealive/comments/10qble/wnd_special_edition_ask_wa_writer_kc_questions_to/

Osiris
Sep 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I won't ignore all of them.....maybe the sausage one.

But the sausage one is awesome!

Leedo2502
Sep 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I have a couple questions.

Are there people that supply the inspiration to the charecters in WA? and if so do theyknow who they are? (I picture a real LT Angel getting a case of the ass because you made him such a puss).

Is it weird having this instant feed back from the forums? Do you find yourself going "it's just a story people!" when people (like myself with the damn helicopters) get too sucked into something they atribute a lot of importance but that is in reality insignificant.

And a more of a story technical point, Do you have to shoot these zombies in the head for them to go down? I've seen a lot of evidence that you can just shoot these dudes in the chest and you're A-Ok but there is still doubt on the forum.

Kc
Sep 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I have a couple questions.

Are there people that supply the inspiration to the charecters in WA? and if so do theyknow who they are? (I picture a real LT Angel getting a case of the ass because you made him such a puss).

Is it weird having this instant feed back from the forums? Do you find yourself going "it's just a story people!" when people (like myself with the damn helicopters) get too sucked into something they atribute a lot of importance but that is in reality insignificant.

And a more of a story technical point, Do you have to shoot these zombies in the head for them to go down? I've seen a lot of evidence that you can just shoot these dudes in the chest and you're A-Ok but there is still doubt on the forum.

I think I'll answer this on the show, but remind me, what about the helicopters? I think I remember, but that was a while back.

Jannit
Oct 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
Looking back over the last three seasons are there any scenes that you wish you had done differently in terms of things such as the acting or effects and if so, how would you change them now if you could?

Likewise, are there any revisions to the original characters that you would make now after seeing how things have developed and if so what would those changes be?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 1st, 2012, 05:07 AM
*forehead slap* Of course! The combo is 56221! Just like Burt's safe combo! Genius! BTW, at one point I had posted (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1267-Ask-Him-Yourself!&p=36203&highlight=combo#post36203) that I thought that was Burt's birthday, 1/22/56.

I thin you might be right. I thought Glenn ave a hint when he pondered the Inkling's numbers, "5, 6 and 12. I can't get my mind around it."

nikvoodoo
Oct 1st, 2012, 05:55 AM
I think I'll answer this on the show, but remind me, what about the helicopters? I think I remember, but that was a while back.

I think the helicopters conversation may have been about all the rails and possible riders, and just the general abilities of one of them....I'll try to find that conversation before we record to see if I can wrap my head around it. I remember it being very technical.

Leedo2502
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM

This was way back when the Tower folks found the Coast Guard helicopter at the Airport and there was like 5 pages (a lot of it from me) about whether this was a Mh-53 or what type of bird it really was. It went into a long and spiraling tangent where I even had a theory that since it was rather large, which made me assume it was an MH-53 variant, that it wasn't really Coast Guard but could be painted to look like a USCG bird. The crux of my thoughts were that it was some higher secret entity that was responsible for the outbreak... then you chimed in with the whole "nope it's just an older aircraft" (which left me crestfallen LOL).

Hoff4D
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:35 AM
I thin you might be right. I thought Glenn ave a hint when he pondered the Inkling's numbers, "5, 6 and 12. I can't get my mind around it."

I think we're onto something......and we just autopsied number 2. so we definitely have the '56221' covered in multiple places. We shall uncover the hidden storyline, in the event the zombies come or the mayans are right and we still make it out. Lord knows, living in the post-apocalyptic world is all for naught without the end to this story.

Leedo2502
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:43 AM
I think the helicopters conversation may have been about all the rails and possible riders, and just the general abilities of one of them....I'll try to find that conversation before we record to see if I can wrap my head around it. I remember it being very technical.

It was in Chapter 21. The Helicopter convo starts on Page 6 and then spirals into Crowbar and I going sick talking about different birds and commo equipment and all sorts of shit that had absolutly no relevance to the story :D

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1552-Chapter-21-quot-Mark-of-the-Beast-quot-Part-3/page6

Litmaster
Oct 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Ok, a question about the locations on the show:
The old saw is for a writer to 'write what you know', so it makes sense that the series is based in LA, where you (Kc) live. Also the Irwin location is most probably because you were stationed there in the Army. So why Boulder?

Also, how to do go about researching the various locations where events happen in the story? Is that all online research, or are these places you've had experiences in the past? Do you ever go on location to scout out ideas for the setting?