PDA

View Full Version : Promo shoot

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Thank you for creating We're Alive and I'm absolutely in love with the story and characters. <br />
<br />
I wanted to gauge interest in possibly doing some promotional stills for the show, album art, character...

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Sure! What sort of stuff do you do?

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 23rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
A bit of everything actually - from fashion to commercial/promo/advertising. Have a look at our sites here:

http://www.f-sequence.com
http://www.dtyler-photography.com

I would have linked them in the original message, but I didn't want it to seem like I'm self promoting! While our studio is in Las Vegas, we do much of our promo work in SoCal and what I had in mind were a few character shots, group shots, behind the scenes shots of the actors and if we can, some location set shots.

I was just thinking how much I would love to do a zombie themed shoot - I storyboarded a few ideas last year for a photo book that I never got around to doing and after listening to We're Alive, concepts have been pouring through my head for the last week!

Kc
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
A bit of everything actually - from fashion to commercial/promo/advertising. Have a look at our sites here:

http://www.f-sequence.com
http://www.dtyler-photography.com

I would have linked them in the original message, but I didn't want it to seem like I'm self promoting! While our studio is in Las Vegas, we do much of our promo work in SoCal and what I had in mind were a few character shots, group shots, behind the scenes shots of the actors and if we can, some location set shots.

I was just thinking how much I would love to do a zombie themed shoot - I storyboarded a few ideas last year for a photo book that I never got around to doing and after listening to We're Alive, concepts have been pouring through my head for the last week!

That'd be great! I'd love to work with you. When do you think you'd be in the area again?

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:57 PM
How does the week of November 4th look to you? We could put together some zombie volunteers and add in plenty of makeup and effects. I would love to spend a day or so scouting out locations - there's plenty of bad urban neighborhoods in SoCal that would work perfectly, but if you have some spots in mind that served as inspiration for the story (or a reasonable facsimile with fewer people around - parking garage), that would be amazing!

Very excited about the project, it's something we've been meaning to do literally for a couple of years and to combine it with my favorite survival story would be like Christmas!

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 24th, 2012, 08:10 PM
You know what scene I would love to recreate? There are dozens, but the Devil's workshop really stands out in my mind. I know of a studio in downtown L.A. where did some promo shots for a music video last year that would work extremely well (although if you have a free alternative, that always works!)

The picture in my head of the room with the tattoo needle, the floor littered in nails and the pinstriped zombie standing silhouetted in the hallway would be amazing. I'm trying to think of more outdoor locations and ironically, the complex in which our Vegas studio is in would be perfect for Burt's shop or even the Maller's hideout and there is even a tower that looks conspicuously like the paintings of the tower in the promo art. Around 2 blocks from our studio is a really shambly looking wall with barbed wire on top that could double as the outer wall of the colony (although I'm not sure how you'd feel about coming to Vegas - either location would work well for me, as long as we make this happen!)

Kc
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:33 AM
You know what scene I would love to recreate? There are dozens, but the Devil's workshop really stands out in my mind. I know of a studio in downtown L.A. where did some promo shots for a music video last year that would work extremely well (although if you have a free alternative, that always works!)

The picture in my head of the room with the tattoo needle, the floor littered in nails and the pinstriped zombie standing silhouetted in the hallway would be amazing. I'm trying to think of more outdoor locations and ironically, the complex in which our Vegas studio is in would be perfect for Burt's shop or even the Maller's hideout and there is even a tower that looks conspicuously like the paintings of the tower in the promo art. Around 2 blocks from our studio is a really shambly looking wall with barbed wire on top that could double as the outer wall of the colony (although I'm not sure how you'd feel about coming to Vegas - either location would work well for me, as long as we make this happen!)

Nov 4th might be good! We're low budget, so as long as our costs are down that would be best. I have a few places I know that would possibly be free to shoot at. Would you mind e-mailing me, so we can talk more?
kc@zombiepodcast.com

Deacon_Tyler
Sep 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hey Kc,
Dropped you an email the other day from deacon@dtyler-photography.com Thanks!

Kc
Sep 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Hey Kc,
Dropped you an email the other day from deacon@dtyler-photography.com Thanks!

Got it! And marked for reply as I try and look at our options for that time period.

abayarts
Dec 1st, 2012, 10:40 AM
I want to see how this turns out. :nyan::nyan: